Last Hours, Death, Transfer from France, Funeral and Interment

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love the photo of Diana with this article.

Me too. I miss her warm smile, royal wave and just seeing her out and about. The world lost a very beautiful and bright light in August 1997.

Agreed. When a man is filmed bragging about lying in court, he can't be trusted with anything.

As we only have Burrell's word for it that that conversation ever took place we have to be careful about assuming that the Queen ever said anything like that at all.

Me too. I miss her warm smile, royal wave and just seeing her out and about. The world lost a very beautiful and bright light in August 1997.

It sure did.

I don't trust articles in the Express having to do with the accident. It's Al Fayed's mouthpiece.

Are you also saying that the Soldier "N" is his mouth piece too?

These two soldiers have nothing to loss because they lost all their soldier benefits and mad at the SAS. So either they are making up the allegations or it is true.

I really don't think it will come out that the SAS is at fault. Everything that might be prove has been disqualified so far.

These two soldiers have nothing to loss because they lost all their soldier benefits and mad at the SAS. So either they are making up the allegations or it is true.

I really don't think it will come out that the SAS is at fault. Everything that might be prove has been disqualified so far.

Soldier N sounds like a disturbed individual who was trying to control his family through threats. He made this up in order to make his "threats" more real. There are many people who will confess to committing a crime in order to get attention or to scare other people. The Man at the Center of the Princess Diana Conspiracy - The Daily Beast

If you don't think the SAS is at fault, why are you continuing to repeat this smear? I understand that you think there was a motive for others to kill Diana, but the circumstances of the accident do not indicate murder. If you think there are circumstances that indicate murder, can you outline them in detail?

If you want to argue that Henri Paul was not really drunk, 1. Do you really think that the lab technicians were in on the conspiracy too? and 2. how do you explain the CCTV footage of Henri drinking at the bar? Drinking impacts your reactions if you have only one drink, and he was shown having two. He didn't have to be falling down drunk in order for alcohol to have played a part in the accident.

If you want to argue that Paul and/or the driver of the Fiat Uno were blinded within the tunnel, how do you explain that the eyewitnesses to the crash didn't see anything? How do you explain how the assassin knew the car would take the tunnel? There was at least one faster more direct route to Dodi's apartment? How many people do you think were in on the conspiracy?

I just hope whatever evidence they have is investigated properly and if there's any truth or credible evidence, then go forward with the investigation. If not, then dismiss it.

Not at all. This story was reported in all media, not just in the Express. However, the Express is the newspaper that Al Fayed has used to publicize his conspiracies. It's the Express that is used to provide information from his lawyers. The Express has always pushed the conspiracy angle in a way that other papers haven't.

I see the The Express are trying to do accuse Charles of murder.

You've got to love the slant of these headlines.:huh: Innuendo can be misleading.

Last edited:
I see the The Express are trying to do accuse Charles of murder.

We don't know that. I think Charles would be the logical member of the British Royal Family to contact if there was something found concerning the death of his ex-wife. He was the one most involved when the accident occurred even though they were divorced at the time.

Appreciate the heads-up; this is taking an interesting turn in events though it will probably lead to nothing new.

Emma Cowing: Diana’s death still painful for many-
Emma Cowing: Diana

Really?

I mean, I am truly sorry that the mother of two died so senselessly at the age of 36 no matter what I might think of her personally, but to affect a person emotionally like this? I'm a little astonished.

People have to get a grip and move on, despite the tragic circumstances. Famous person or not, they'd have to do the same if a family member died under the same situation, which I'm sure has happened many times over in this world when you combine drinking, fast aggressive driving and not wearing your seat belts.

Last edited:
People have to get a grip and move on, despite the tragic circumstances. Famous person or not, they'd have to do the same if a family member died under the same situation, which I'm sure has happened many times over in this world when you combine drinking, fast aggressive driving and not wearing your seat belts.

I think you've hit upon something. People think that they knew her personally in some way, and therefore grieved for her.

I think you've hit upon something. People think that they knew her personally in some way, and therefore grieved for her.

Well, she wasn't titled the "People's Princess" for nothing. She did touch the lives of people she never even met, not only those she did, and people may have been or still be grieving as if she were a family member or close friend. Very tough for many to let her go, but it should have been easier with the passage of time.

All I can say is that this is great publicity for the "Diana" movie and will translate into big bucks for it, most likely.;)

Last edited:
I personally felt bad that Diana was a young woman and mother that died in an horrible and senseless car crash. I feel bad for the person and their families everytime I hear about someone dying or horribly injured in a accident or what have you.

For sixteen years in her role as HRH The Princess of Wales, Diana met a great deal of people, helped countless charities and traveled around the world. Whether she knew it or not, people liked meeting her and felt special when she shook their hands and accepted their flowers. She touched many people and when she died, they felt hurt that she was taken so soon and very tragically.

After 16 yrs they should have moved on with their lives. They were not part of her family and they did not know her. In truth she was a total stranger to them, showing them only a public persona,

After 16 yrs they should have moved on with their lives. They were not part of her family and they did not know her. In truth she was a total stranger to them, showing them only a public persona,

You're assuming they have lives to get on with.

Never assume.

To an extent, I agree. I never know why any personality is lionized. On the same hand the fuss made over many of the royals, including Philip or the queen is silly, too. They are not personal friends or family. Their loss will never affect you. Yes, the family, of course. The rest is just publicity.

Major public figures do have an impact on other peoples lives in different ways. Although many may not have met Diana personally or wasn't a close friend and family member, her death hurt a great deal. Also, people felt horrible that she left behind two young children, who loved their mother very much and she loved them. It was a very sad time then and although everyone has moved on, the sadness is still there.

She was liked in part because she came across as not cruel or bombastic in public. For some reason, some people think that's charming and regal.

I don't know many or any people who are still grieving Diana, but I do know people who still get expressive about the deaths of other people they didn't know personally. A lot depends on the age at which the event happened.

I have to admit this question never ceases to confound me. Yes it has been 16 years and yes she was a total stranger to 99.999% of those who still beat their breasts at her death.

Do they still feel the same degree of sorrow and loss of their own family and friends who have been gone that long? Probably not. Go figure.

Someone once said that it was like the (their) world went collectively mad when she died. Will she only be allowed to rest in peace after the tabloids have finally ceased beating their drums and positing ever more convoluted conspiracy theories, and movies and articles and forum posts stop trying to rewrite history? And how long is that going to be? How long is a piece of string?

If there are people who have not moved on with their life, well they need some serious help. But those who chit chat about this in a water-cooler-topic sort of way, what is the big deal. It is just chit chat and not indicative of someone who has not moved on with their life.

The more I'm reading about this the more I'm thinking that Soldier N was just seriously disturbed.

As for grieving I can say for myself I was 6 when she died and knew nothing about her at the time but I'll be honest here when I think about her death even now I get real sad. I still feel awful for William and Harry particularly right now for William, who now has first son and I know had Diana been around she would have been a great grandmother. I dunno maybe I'm weird for feeling that way but that's just the way I am.

Back
Top Bottom