Last Hours, Death, Transfer from France, Funeral and Interment

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This tragic event happened because it happened. Drunk chauffeur, no seatbelts, speeding through a confined space, paps. It just happened and blame can settle on everyone involved.

I don't think that either of these two cared about appearances by this time, otherwise they wouldn't have been so intimate on the yacht. They looked like honeymooners.

YPcs Diana could have stayed at the Ritz, and in order to "save" the appearances, Dodi could sleep alone home and send the Diana's luggage with a driver to the Ritz.

I always in the back of mind thought ,that Dodi loved the attention he got from being with Diana.I will always wonder if Dodi thought that the press chasing them would get more media attention for him.

I thought so too! IMO, Dodi was a very childish, narcissistic, shallow person. I don't for one minute believe that Diana ever seriously considered him as a potential mate. I think both he and his father wanted to flaunt his (really rather unimportant) relationship with Diana, and he craved the press attention.

I agree with the above poster, I also think though that Diana was enjoying the attention and bling that flashy money can buy. She was having here little fling and hoped it was annoying the "establishment".

I often recall her statement a few weeks before her death " wait and see - you won't beleive what I do next" She was making herself an "attraction"

If she had lived I wonder what her life would have been - I doubt she would or could have found contentment and happiness anywhere, she certainly could not have found privacy outside an enclosed convent, and I don't think that was an option.

It concerns me that we may seeing a repeat with Catherine Middleton, the press are saying she is too thin, echoes of a tragic royal mistake, I hope it is not repeated.

I wish William and Catherine a happy and loving life together and may they enjoy the excitement of the next fortnight

It concerns me that we may seeing a repeat with Catherine Middleton, the press are saying she is too thin, echoes of a tragic royal mistake, I hope it is not repeated.
Don't believe everything you read in the press although, to be honest, it is not uncommon for brides to either gain or lose weight in the run-up to their wedding's. :flowers:

thanks to all who shared their thoughts
glad to know that I am not alone in my thoughts about Diana & Dodi that night

drunk driver, no seatbelts, silly urge to flee from photographers ... sad how it all ended

Hy my name is Laura and I am a pupil from Germany and I make a research for a school project about Lady Diana's Death and the consipiracy theories. I already read some reports about the accident, from which I conclude that many think that the death of Lady Diana was a planned assassination.
I ask you to tell me your opinions to this topic. Already once thanks.:flowers:

well, yes, there are also people who believe in little green men on mars...

Please don't waste your time on such crap - do something worthwhile!

You might want to do some research into Dodi's father's contribution to the conspiracy "industry." It's my personal opinon that Mohammed Al Fayed has used conspiracy stories to deflect attention from his own part in the tragic accident that killed Diana and his son. As the owner of the Ritz and the employer of the driver that night, he bears some responsibility for what happened. Understandably, it would be very hard to admit that he had the ability to make the situation safer for everyone involved that evening, but didn't.

I think that the crash happened because there was a great deal of confusion that evening. The Ritz's security weren't able to provide the proper protection for Diana because Dodi was constantly changing plans. Plus the driver was seen drinking in the bar earlier that evening, drinking something that has a very high alcohol content. Dodi was determined to drive Diana to his apartment that night in spite of the fact that they could have stayed at the Ritz and avoided the paparazzi and the traffic. It was an accident in the making, and the only mystery to me is why it didn't happen earlier on that trip to Paris.

Last edited by a moderator:
Her name has not been Lady Diana since July of 1981.
Even after her divorce, it was "Diana, Princess of Wales"

I read that Diana, Princess of Wales was trying to make Dr. Kahn jealous and take the limelight from Camilla's 50th birthday party that Prince Charles was having at Highgrove. So that statment "Wait and see what I do" was because of those two men.

Maybe, Diana might have found privacy in NYC like another icon Jacqueline Kenndy Onassis. Diana, Princess of Wales was thinking about buying a home in the USA.

I would have hoped if Diana had more time on earth that she would have matured and found someone to love.

But getting back on topic the last hours of Diana's life brought about a media frenze like no other. I don't think Diana seemed happy in the hotel footage because she was hunted by the press. I think Earl Spencer got it right in his speech in Westminister Abby. He said Diana was name after the Huntress Diana and the princess was hunted by the press. I have often thought the accident was murder, but with Dodi changing his plans all the time made me realized that the press and the driver caused them to die.

Even if Diana had been able to find some level of privacy for a period of time, I doubt it would have lasted long or that she would have wanted to live her life without public attention. My belief is that in some twisted was she thrived on the attention and when it wasnt there she went out of her way to bring the attention to her. She was not adverse to using her own children to gain that attention either such as her visit with the boys to Thorpe Park when she alerted the press that they would be there. My guess is that had she not died in 1997 she most likely would have married and divorced again. No man could give her the 24/7 love and attention she seemed to require and media attention filled some kind of void for her.

I agree that if she had found a man to take her on it wouldn't have lasted. I actually think that by now she would be into possibly her fourth marriage as she didn't know how to love. I think she was so scared from the breakup of her parents' marriage that she simply had no idea on how to work at a marriage and how to love past the infatuation stage. I don't think she loved any man in her life but spent time with a crush on them.

I also think that she would do anything and everything to remain in the limelight as she was a media junkie and she would do more and more outlandish things simply to be on the front pages of the papers.

I believe she would have Georgiea. :) She liked New York and would've fit in quite well.
IMO if they had stayed at the hotel and waited to leave in the morning this story would not have had a tragic ending.

I believe she would have Georgiea. :) She liked New York and would've fit in quite well.

IMO if they had stayed at the hotel and waited to leave in the morning this story would not have had a tragic ending.[/QUOTE]

Sirhon, we really loved and admired a beautiful humanitarian.:flowers: I hope historians treat her well.

I hope historians treat her fairly.

Her friend Rosa Mockten- I'm not sure if I'm spelling that right, I'm sure I'm not lol - she said that Diana felt Dodi was trying to buy her and found his attention annoying. She thought she wanted the constant attention and care but realized she didn't. No one can know what would have happened in her love life if she had lived but I too feel that she would have been perhaps unfulfilled in that regard. Diana was a very emotionally needy person.

I, don't believe, there was a conspiracy. She was killed in an accident and had poor care at the site. Say what you will, but evac her to a trauma hospital might had made the difference. But what is past is past. We cannot ressurect the dead. It has to be terrible for her children. Enough!!

ZaJa said:
Her friend Rosa Mockten- I'm not sure if I'm spelling that right, I'm sure I'm not lol - she said that Diana felt Dodi was trying to buy her and found his attention annoying. She thought she wanted the constant attention and care but realized she didn't. No one can know what would have happened in her love life if she had lived but I too feel that she would have been perhaps unfulfilled in that regard. Diana was a very emotionally needy person.

All words about the late Diana, Princess of Wales are for naught. It simply does not matter. The past 'was' - time marches ever onward.

Harry Vs. William- Dealing with Grief

I was thinking about this 2night-
It seems to me that it took Harry longer to move forward- I won't ever use the term get over because you never do- from the trauma of his mother's death, than William did.
It only makes sense, because Harry was the youngest child.
William certainly had a heavy burden of grief, but once he went down the path of using his life, and his sorrow, to help others, he kept steadily moving forward.
Harry seemed stuck, weighed down by his sorrow. He seemed angry.
I believe this expressed itself in some very poor choices.
But now, it is wonderful to see him discover things that he is passionate about and make steps forward while helping others. It is wonderful to see, and I admire him more and more.
What do you think?

Dear MaryShawn
Diana is buried with the Mother Teresa rosary and her weddingband. Paul Burrell placed it in her hands when he prepared her for the coffin.

Why should she be buried with her weddingring? She was divorced.

Is Paul Burrell a mortician? If not, I doubt he "prepared her for the coffin." He may have chosen the dress, but he had no business with her personal effects, as all her effects belong to the boys.

Is there another source where this is confirmed?

Please note that Helina's initial post was in regards to a that made several years ago when the thread first opened. I believe some of the questions have since been answered.

I don't believe the initial poster even posts here anymore.

I was thinking about this 2night- It seems to me that it took Harry longer to move forward...than William did.
You're absolutely correct. William was able to move forward because he discovered that he can use his experience to help others. To me, that is the best kind of therapy and self-confidence/worth booster. I also think that both young men may have grieved differently. Harry tried to get rid of his feelings with a rebellious streak, while William just wanted to see what he can do with the feelings he had. I think with age Harry has come to the same conclusion as William, and he is now using his experience as strength rather than a reason to rebel and get angry. I see both of them as good people, but as we know, everyone handles and experiences even the same things in a different fashion. These two are a prime example.

And I hope I made some sense here. Your post was great, so I hope I didn't butcher. Perhaps I should have gone with 'less is more' route and just expressed agreement, but I may be feeling a bit on the verbose side today.

You make lots of sense Daria, and made me think in a new way. I took Harry's rebellion as his way of expressing emotion or trying to at least. Now, I realize his attitude may have been. " To feel this way, is too hard." I don't want to deal with this." I am going to try and get rid of my emotions so I do not have to" Where William's attitude was " Life handed me a big lemon, better make a big pitcher of lemonade" And the only way to do that for William was to help others.

Last edited:
Phew! I was a little worried there. Always good to be understood. :)

Oh, I hear you loud and clear! I don't ever think Harry really expressed emotion. He tried to- big difference.
But the feelings were too overwhelming, hence trying to rid himself of them, and you know the rest.
Can I just add that although I am no big fan of the POW by any means* or rather I should say that I am no fan of some of his choices in life, ( have never met the man, so cannot say whether I like him or not.)I do admire how he stepped up as a loving father to those boys right after and since their mother's death!
* Having said that, let me please say that I wish the POW nothing but happiness. I respect his role in the monarchy. I am just not a huge fan.

Last edited:
Harry's card to " Mummy" on the coffin.

That was/ is the most gut- wrenching/ heartbreaking symbol of Di's funeral to me....
I do not wish to be intrusive , and feel very much so, but.....
I cannot help but wonder what Harry wrote in that card on his mother's coffin. I just cannot imagine what he would say in that senairo. It is because I cannot imagine walking in his shoes!
Quite rightly the only people who know that message are Harry and Diana
And it should always be kept that way!

Back
Top Bottom