The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-26-2014, 11:06 PM
Heir Apparent

In Diana, Sarah Bradford wrote:

Prince Charles enjoyed Sarah's sparkiness and irreverent wit and they made each other laugh.
In H.R.H. In The Man Who Will Be King,
Tin Heald wrote:

Lady Sarah Spencer told Woman's Own:
"I'm not in love with Prince Charles. And I wouldn't marry anyone I didn't love whether he were the dustman or the King of England."

Old 05-27-2014, 03:53 PM
Majesty

I can't say with absolute certainty, but it's my understanding that she was recovering when she started spending time with the Prince of Wales and so wasn't at her thinnest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
But why does this photo demonstrate that she was anorexic?

My mother has always had such a type of body.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:47 PM
Serene Highness

I don't see anything in that picture that would suggest anorexia. She may indeed have faced that issue but in that picture it is not evident. I think people tend to fling around the term much too freely, JMO.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
I don't see anything in that picture that would suggest anorexia. She may indeed have faced that issue but in that picture it is not evident. I think people tend to fling around the term much too freely, JMO.
Lady Sarah has spoken publicly about her struggle with anorexia. IIRC she stated that for a while she lived on little more than vodka and cigarettes.
Old 12-26-2014, 03:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

McCorquodale/Moore engagement:
The engagement was announced 19 December, 2014, between George McCorquodale (born 1984), scion of that landed family, son of Mr Neil Edmund McCorquodale, of Stoke Rochford, Lincolnshire, by his wife the former Lady (Elizabeth) Sarah Lavinia Spencer (born 1955), scion of the Earls Spencer (Peerage of GB, cr 1765), & Miss Bianca Moore, daughter of Mr & Mrs Gavin Moore, of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.

George McCorquodale is a first cousin of TRH The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry of Wales, &c, and is a grandson of the late 8th Earl Spencer.

Peerage News: McCorquodale/Moore engagement

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-24-2015, 06:19 AM
Royal Highness

Rosemary McCorquodale [1924-2015]

_. Rosemary McCorquodale, who died 21 September, 2015, aged 91, was the widow of the late Alastair McCorquodale [1925-2009], scion of that landed family, and was the mother~in~law of Lady Sarah Spencer, sister of Diana, Princess of Wales, &c.

She was born Rosemary Turnor [9 Sept, 1924], scion of that landed family, daughter of Maj Herbert Broke Turnor [d 1969], by his wife the former Lady Enid Rachel Victoria Fane [1894-1969], daughter of the 13th Earl of Westmorland, and married Alastair McCorquodale, 26 Jul, 1947, by whom she had issue, (i) Sarah McCorquodale (1948-2008) sometime wife of Geoffrey van Cutsem, of that landed family; (ii) Neil Edmund McCorquodale,
b 1951, who married 17 May 1980, the Lady Sarah Spencer (b 1955), dau of the 8th Earl Spencer, MVO.

Thanksgiving service at St Guthiac's Church, Little Ponton, Grantham, 23 Oct, 2015.
Peerage News: Rosemary McCorquodale [1924-2015]
Old 02-12-2016, 12:03 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
McCorquodale/Moore engagement:
The engagement was announced 19 December, 2014, between George McCorquodale (born 1984), scion of that landed family, son of Mr Neil Edmund McCorquodale, of Stoke Rochford, Lincolnshire, by his wife the former Lady (Elizabeth) Sarah Lavinia Spencer (born 1955), scion of the Earls Spencer (Peerage of GB, cr 1765), & Miss Bianca Moore, daughter of Mr & Mrs Gavin Moore, of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.

George McCorquodale is a first cousin of TRH The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry of Wales, &c, and is a grandson of the late 8th Earl Spencer.

Peerage News: McCorquodale/Moore engagement
Has this wedding taken place yet?? Harry and George were close as children and seem to have remained fairly since. Would imagine you would see Harry attending but maybe the wedding managed to remain under the radar without press and paps. Guessing it could have taken place in South Africa without anyone being aware of it

Old 02-12-2016, 12:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
Has this wedding taken place yet?? Harry and George were close as children and seem to have remained fairly since. Would imagine you would see Harry attending but maybe the wedding managed to remain under the radar without press and paps. Guessing it could have taken place in South Africa without anyone being aware of it
I have no clue if the wedding has taken place. I haven't heard anything about it. A surprise to me. Perhaps someone on here knows more about it.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-12-2016, 12:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
I just googled "McCorquodale Moore wedding" and came up with this, which looks legitimate:

https://www.theknot.com/us/bianca-mo...odale-aug-2016
Old 02-12-2016, 12:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

�� I was just about to post that website. August 2016 will be their time to jump the broom in South Africa.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-12-2016, 01:33 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
I just googled "McCorquodale Moore wedding" and came up with this, which looks legitimate:

https://www.theknot.com/us/bianca-mo...odale-aug-2016
Thanks for that

Interesting no personal guest pictures or mobile phones allowed. And no kids at wedding.

If anyone attends it will be Harry more likely than William - and even then its a push if he goes.

Old 02-12-2016, 04:24 PM
Majesty

George's looks have really changed, perhaps because of weight gain. He and Harry used to look so much more alike.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:33 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I hadn't realised that George was also based in South Africa until i read their wedding website.

Old 04-25-2016, 01:13 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Lady Sarah does not seem in the photo from the article to be aging gracefully. Isn't she just 55? It doesn't look like she has her mother's genes ?
Also, I hope Lady Sarah likes to ride the hunt with the band on live foxes.
She had some health issues around her upbringing, she had Anorexia, drank heavily as a teenager, and smokes, plus time outdoors a lot can add up, not to mention family drama.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Numerous people assume Lady Sarah Spencer was born with the title of Her Ladyship. However this is not true. Sarah did not become Lady Sarah until 1975 when her father became the 8th Earl Spencer.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:45 AM
Gentry

That's true, before that all the Spencer girls/young women were called "The Honorable" before their names, i believe.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:52 AM
Courtier

The Spencer family have not had an easy time.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Numerous people assume Lady Sarah Spencer was born with the title of Her Ladyship. However this is not true. Sarah did not become Lady Sarah until 1975 when her father became the 8th Earl Spencer.
If I don't mistake, Her Ladyship is a form of address (and not a title) used to address to Baronesses, Countesses and Marchionesses. So Her Ladyship isn't and has never been the proper form of address to Lady Sarah.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:00 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

It would appear Harry is spending the remainder of the summer doing conservation work in south africa - perfect timing for his cousin George's wedding in a weeks time.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:15 PM
Heir Apparent

When Lady Sarah Spencer was dating Prince Charles, she learned that a mere weekend at Windsor Castle demanded a suitcase full of clothes. A typical day might require a riding habit for Her Ladyship for the morning, a day-dress for lunch, a skirt for tea, and a long dress for dinner.

Tags
diana princess of wales, diana's family, lady sarah mccorquodale, lady sarah spencer, princess diana