Hasnat Khan

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will answer questions if they aren't too personal, and I could care less if people don't believe me.

I would like to ask you a questions:

Did Dr. Khan end the relationship?

Was Diana, Princess of Wales going to meet him the first week of September to talk about the relationship?

Did Dr. Khan grieve like it is said because he could have help her heart injury from the crash?

Could they ever have married?

Thank you. :flowers:

I don't know how the relationship ended. They were planning on meeting to talk but on a later date. He grieved a lot.. not sure whether it was for that reason. No one in the family encouraged/discouraged a marriage between them, so yes they probably could have. I just don't know whether or not
he liked the idea of being married to a princess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don't know whether or not
he liked the idea of being married to a princess.

Not to a princess, to a lady with the precedence of the daughter of a Britsih earl. She would have been Lady Diana Khan after a wedding.

The daughter of an Earl who's son would be King one day.:)

Last edited:
The daughter of an Earl who's son would be King one day.:)

Yes, but we are talking here in other threads so often about the fact that in Britain only a princess born is a "real" princess while the wives of princes only take their husband's title. As Diana was not born a princess and divorced the prince, she simply wasn't a princess. Especially not in the scenario of her marrying Dr. Kahna. No matter who her son is because said son is a future king because of his father, not because of his mother.

I'm sorry as I know this is quite an old thread. I'm related to him, and I know that most of you probably won't believe me but its true. No one in my family really speaks about his relation with Princess Diana, and we just listen to all of these false rumours and I'm quite sick of them. NO! He never even ASKED his mother about marrying Diana, it was just for charity work (the visit to Pakistan) and Hasnat invited Diana to meet the family. Also, many words were twisted by reporters that made his mother look like the bad guy. I'm not sure that the mother even knew that they were going out, she told me that she had a feeling it was going on but never asked him. I'm wondering why people keep bringing up religion.. the Princess was willing to convert to Islam. I will answer questions if they aren't too personal, and I could care less if people don't believe me.

Did you ever meet Diana?

fact that in Britain only a princess born is a "real" princess

Well that's really a matter of opinion, to me a woman who marries a Prince is a Princess no matter if she was born one or not. And you are correct that if Khan and Diana married she would have lost her style and became Lady Diana Khan and yes William is a future King due to his father but that dosen't diminish the importance of his mother. After the divorce the Queen allowed Diana to retain her "dignity" as a Princess that doesen't mean she was still a princess though. Her precedence after the divorce was unique but much higher than that of a daughter of an earl. Had she remarried I do not know what her precedence would've been.

She'd be referred to popularly as Princess Diana, though. Her official name while being married wasn't Princess Diana either, but that's what people called her--during her marriage and after her divorce.

Y As Diana was not born a princess and divorced the prince, she simply wasn't a princess. Especially not in the scenario of her marrying Dr. Kahna.

Not to a princess, to a lady with the precedence of the daughter of a Britsih earl. She would have been Lady Diana Khan after a wedding.

I was under the impression that Diana was given unique precedence that befitted her position as the mother of the future King so she wouldn't have only had the precedence of a daughter of a British earl.

Did you ever meet Diana?
Yes, I did. I was only 3 years old at the time and it was during her visit to Pakistan. Being so young, I can't remember her at all; but I do have a picture of me sitting with her.. I'm debating on whether I should put it up here.

We would enjoy seeing it, for sure.

Some people might enjoy seeing it while others would regard a private photo as an invasion of the privacy of a person who has no say in whether or not the photo becomes public.

You are one of the first to criticise anyone who wants to betray their relationship with Diana and yet her you are actively encouraging exactly that.

Khan27,

As much as I know that all of us here would love to see the photo of you with Diana, I just want to remind you of one thing. Once you put it out there on the internet, it becomes public and anyone and everyone can copy and use it where they wish. Makes me really appreciate TRF's rules about uploading copyrighted materials. What you have is very personal and very unique.

Khan27,

As much as I know that all of us here would love to see the photo of you with Diana, I just want to remind you of one thing. Once you put it out there on the internet, it becomes public and anyone and everyone can copy and use it where they wish. Makes me really appreciate TRF's rules about uploading copyrighted materials. What you have is very personal and very unique.

May I suggest that if someone would like to see it they contact Khan27 via PM and arrange for it to be emailed - thus keeping it private and not in the world wide public domain - allowing those who want to see it to do so.

Dr. Hasnat Khan and that is his title that he earned through scholarship was a scientist with a degree and yet another to be a surgeon. He had a heavy educational backround and is a servant of Hippocrates.
Diana no matter what her title was without a degree of any kind.
She had not really finished high school.Diana was socially literate, a humanitarian and had charisma.
I do not see where the worlds of Dr. Hasnat Khan and Diana converged. They were not of the same community and the disparity was large. Converting to Islam is no small thing considering that there were plenty in her own culture who cared for her.No matter what her status Diana lacked a degree and an education to be at the level or erudition of Dr. Hasnat Khan, surgeon.So even if they had come to some agreement I cannot see how this ever could have worked out. Princess Diana had no education at the university level.... and this might have deterred DR. Hasnat Khan; although I cannot speak for him and he has not given importance to this to speak of it himself. Does anybody have pictures of DR. Hasnat Khan at Princess Diana's funeral?
Did he attend?

Last edited:
May I suggest that if someone would like to see it they contact Khan27 via PM and arrange for it to be emailed - thus keeping it private and not in the world wide public domain - allowing those who want to see it to do so.

Now that is an excellent idea and exactly what private messaging and email are for. I just would hate to have her post the picture here and then have a "oooops I shouldn't have done that" moment later on. Not many of us were lucky enough to meet Diana let alone have our pictures taken with her. Its a very special thing I think. :)

No matter what her status Diana lacked a degree and an education to be at the level or erudition of Dr. Hasnat Khan, surgeon.So even if they had come to some agreement I cannot see how this ever could have worked out. Princess Diana had no education at the university level.... and this might have deterred DR. Hasnat Khan; ?

Oh, come on. A lot of doctors marry nurses or even beauty queens and are very happy with them even though their wifes cannot compete with them academically. Maybe that's why they are so happy.... :flowers:

Jaya,Yes he did attend the funeral from what i understand he received an invitation to the funeral from Paul Burrell along with a birthday card that Diana sent him a few days before the accident.Here is a photo of him at her funeral http://despardes.com/lifestyle/apr04/hasnat-glasses-200.jpg He is wearing a pair of sunglasses that Diana gave to him.

Last edited:
Princess Diana had no education at the university level.... and this might have deterred DR. Hasnat Khan; although I cannot speak for him and he has not given importance to this to speak of it himself. Does anybody have pictures of DR. Hasnat Khan at Princess Diana's funeral?
Did he attend?
Well it couldn't have bothered him that much he was with her for 2 years.They both seemed to have a similar goal in life which was to help the sick and suffering.

I don't think their breakup had anything to do with Diana's education, or lack thereof. From what I have read, he ended the relationship.

I don't think their breakup had anything to do with Diana's education, or lack thereof. From what I have read, he ended the relationship.

I think it is quite possible that Diana's lack of education could have been a factor Dr Khan took into account when he decided to end the relationship. He had two years or so to assess how she would fit into his lifestyle - and I am quite sure that he would have wanted her to fit into his, rather than the other way around - and it may be that Diana just did not fit into his circle of family, friends and colleagues, and that could have been partly because of her limited education.

We don't know for sure and never will, because I am sure Dr Khan is too much of a gentleman to ever talk about it, but we do have some knowledge of how Diana changed aspects of Charles' life because they did not suit her. I am sure that if he had two years to get to know her, Charles would not have proposed.

Maybe Diana tried to persuade Dr Khan to meet less with certain friends or professional colleagues because she found them boring, or maybe she wasn't prepared to meet with them at all. Maybe she refused to show any interest in subjects in which he was profoundly interested. Maybe he found the things that interested her to be extremely boring. It's all maybes, but I believe that a prospective partner's intellectual interests and abilities can definitely influence one's choices about that person as a long term partner no matter how physically attractive they are and no matter how popular they are in their own circle.

Diana ended the relationship and never seriously wanted to convert to Islam. She was rather curious about other religions. She broke it off with him because she had lost interest in him. He admits she broke it off but he says it was because of Dodi Al Fayed. It wasn't because when Diana said there was no one else, she meant it. She and Dodi were merely friends and Trevor Rees Jones and Wes Wingfield, the bodyguards when the two were together, have verified it wasn't a romance.

According to Khan's testimonial at the inquest for her death, it was Diana herself, not Khan, who ended their relationship in a late-night meeting in Hyde Park, which adjoins the grounds of Kensington Palace, in June 1997.

Diana, Princess of Wales - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

She had simply decided to move on.

BTW, you can tell by Diana's handwritten letters that she was well educated, even though not a swot. Her priorities were always in helping others. People were always drawn to her warmth and sense of fun.

However, she showed a particular talent for music as an accomplished pianist.[7] Her outstanding community spirit was recognised with an award from West Heath. In 1977, at the age of 16, she left West Heath and briefly attended Institut Alpin Videmanette, a finishing school in Rougemont, Switzerland. At about that time, she first met her future husband, who was then dating her eldest sister, Lady Sarah. Diana reportedly excelled in swimming and diving, and longed to be a professional ballerina with the Royal Ballet. She studied ballet for a time, but then grew to 5'10", far too tall for the profession.

From the same link

So she would have something in common with those who devote their lives to the well being of others, such as someone in medicine.
All the changes Diana made in Charles' life were to his betterment, such as giving him two sons and helping be more in touch with the people. He didn't really give anyone or anything up for her, it was quite the other way about until she decided to make some choices of her own which included spending time with some of her own friends, not just his.

Last edited:
I was under the impression that Diana was given unique precedence that befitted her position as the mother of the future King so she wouldn't have only had the precedence of a daughter of a British earl.

She had that precedence in certain moments when together with the Royals for certain events in William and Harry's lifes. I doubt she would have brought Dr. Khan along with her to those occasions, though.

She had that precedence in certain moments when together with the Royals for certain events in William and Harry's lifes. I doubt she would have brought Dr. Khan along with her to those occasions, though.

And in all honesty, from what I've read, I seriously doubt Dr. Khan would have gone. It is my understanding that Dr. Khan is/was a very private person and it was the media's attention towards Diana that he really disliked. About education. With Dr. Khan and Diana being "involved" for two years, its been noted that Diana really had a genuine interest in what he did and read and learned about he was involved with.

If she had married him I would have expected her husband to accompany them, just as Camilla accompanies their father now.

If she had married him I would have expected her husband to accompany them, just as Camilla accompanies their father now.

In the case of a marriage, the few occasions where she would attend royal functions, I most certainly think he'd be at her side. I really don't see them as a married couple as having attending many royal functions other than family weddings and funerals.

Khan is a moot point given he admits she dropped him unceremoniously in the park.

Had she remarried , her husband would have certainly appeared with her much of the time at family events.

I wonder if Diana had any regrets in her life, whether about Khan or anything else?
It's easy to say she must have regretted marrying Charles, but did she really?
It made her a worldwide icon.

I never thought she was serious about Khan- or about Dodi.
In the circles in which she grew up, some things were simply "not done" and marrying one of them would probably fall into that category.

Sometimes I wonder if she regretted divorcing Charles, and wished she'd stayed and come to a rapprochement?

Like every other human being on earth, I'm sure Diana did have regrets about things. I wouldn't think that she ever regretted marrying Charles as I believe she still loved him in a way up until the day she died and would never have ever regretted her two boys as they were the love of her life. No matter how bad the marriage got, they did share some wonderful happy times together and were proud parents. To quote Garth Brook's "The Dance": (one of my favorite tunes)

And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance
I could have missed the pain
But I'd have had to miss the dance

On the other hand, I do think she was very serious about Dr. Khan. I think she saw in him a reflection of a person that she really wanted to be. One that sincerely dedicated himself to helping others. I think if it had worked out, she would have be very happy just being Mrs. Khan and faded into the background as a doctor's wife. I'm sure she had feelings for the others that came before Dr. Khan but they just weren't what she had been searching for. Dodi was a joke as far as a relationship as they really didn't know each other too well and I never once believed that they were as involved as the stories made them out to be.

With the family that she grew up in and watching her parent's marriage fall apart, Diana wanted to find a love that would last forever and live happily every after. Unfortunately it doesn't magically happen when you say "I do".

I honestly can't imagine this happening. I can see her possibly marrying Khan, if he'd have her and her always-accompanying publicity; but I can't see her fading into the background in any way. For one thing, I think that she had a great need to draw attention to the causes she believed in. I think that she would have become dissatisfied with Khan, because doctors work very long hours. He wouldn't have been able to spend a lot of time with her; and I don't think that she could stand that.

I think if it had worked out, she would have be very happy just being Mrs. Khan and faded into the background as a doctor's wife.

Back
Top Bottom