Had Diana Lived...

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maryshawn

Serene Highness
City
Green Bay
Country
United States
Everytime the anniversary of Princess Diana's death returns, I think about what would've happened if she had survived and recovered fully. Would she have moved to the US eventually? Would she have kept Harry from drinking and smoking? (Dodi was not going to be her husband--her friends say she told them he lied to her and she knew about his cocaine use). Would she have had more children? How would she react to turning 40? I miss everything about her as she was such an inspiration on so many fronts.

I guess the real question is did Diana ever talk about her future and what she wanted to do? She confided in so many people but I never hear or read about what she thought about the future.

Any thoughts or has anyone read anything about this?

I would like to think that Diana would have been reconciled with the Royal family and would have worked with them in a role fitting for the mother of a future King. Her relationship with Prince Charles had already become more stable and I think that she would have worked with him to raise their sons to be responsible adults.

She would probably have had some difficulties with seeing William with his first adult girlfriend but would have admired the way he is handling the press attention.

I guess that she would have breaked-up with Dodi, and that she would buy a second house (or something) in America, Florida to be more precise. She and Paul Burrell really talked about that.

when Diana and Dodi got propose in accident day but the paparazzi got crazy getting pictures of Princess Diana before she crash and dies because of paparazzi done!

i dont think so Diana never lived in American she been lived in England for long times when she got married to Prince Charles in 1981.

if Princess Diana would reach to become 40? good think! but she died at 36 year old in 1997 she very young to dies.

Sara Boyce

At this point, she might be getting jelous of Wills. She would be getting older and getting less attention. And since he has been getting alot of it, she might just be jelous.

If Diana were here today, I believe she would be supporting her sons and continuing to groom William for the throne.

I don't think she would be jealous of her sons' getting press attention--I think she would worry about how it would be affecting them. She loved her children more than anything in this world.

I think Diana and Dodi would now be a long, gone thing of the past. Diana wanted to marry Hasnat Khan--whether she would have succeeded, I don't know.

I would have the hope that the Windsors and Diana would have come to some amicable agreement with Diana continuing to do the wonderful charity work she is known for. She would still be campagning for AIDS research, and the banning of Land Mines if she were here.

I miss her greatly and God rest her soul. :cry:

I think that any woman who is regarded as a beauty or gets a lot of attention has difficulty when their children become adults and begin to be involved in serious relationships. I think that Diana would have had difficulty once the boys, especially William, married. Like any normal woman she would have seen her daughter in law as something of a rival.

She's one of those people for whom you'd like to turn back time and try to prevent her death from happening. She was so young and taken too soon. :(

maryshawn said:
Dodi was not going to be her husband--her friends say she told them he lied to her and she knew about his cocaine use.
which of her friends said that and where??? any help on this would be much appreciatied.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diana was just coming out of a bad period in her life. She was coming into her own. She was becoming something other than, Princess Diana, "the Princess whos husband cheated on her and humiliated her by having an affair with a not so attractive woman". She was Diana, who said look at me, my boyfriend is richer and better looking than your mistress.

RoseMary said:
She was Diana, who said look at me, my boyfriend is richer and better looking than your mistress...
well said i totally agree..i am one of those who believe that she after all that she had been through she was on the threshold of beginning her new life AND she was really happy towards the end..she truely deserved all the happiness whether it was from her boys, the humanitarian work she was leading or from Dodi (whether it was a fling or a serious relationship we dont know nor we ever will..all that matters is that both enjoyed one anothers company and were happy) May both of them rest in peace forever..Amen!

There would be no Camilla and Charles Wedding

I think if Diana had survived the fatal car crash or if the car crash never happened at all, I think Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall would never been married..They would continue their affair but it will not lead to marriage as long as Diana is still alive..Charles and Camilla would have been devastated and shocked over Dianas death but the death of the Princess became a sort of blessing in disguise to make their union legal and more acceptable..

Last edited:
If Princess Diana is still alive,I think shell continue doing her charity works as usual..She and Dodi might have got married way back in 1998 but I am not sure if the marriage will last until 2005..Might be the marriage is on the rocks this year or they got divorce in 2002.I dont know Dodi personally but Ive heard reports that he was a billionaire playboy and his relationships didnt last.Before they died, he and the princess were just dating for a month..Well, I might be wrong but I have doubts on the success of Diana and Dodi marriage, if it happened..Their relationship would not be like Camilla and Charles, bounded forever on earth..

Last edited:
Mahoogie said:
I think if Diana had survived the fatal car crash or if the car crash never happened at all, I think Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall would never had been married..They would continue their affair but it will not lead to marriage as long as Diana is still alive..Charles and Camilla would have been devastated and shocked over Dianas death but the death of the Princess became a sort of blessing in disguise to make their union legal and more acceptable..

Sadly this is true. The only reason the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall were allowed to marry is because Prince Charles was considered a widow (and not a divorcee) in the eyes of the church and courts.

However I have to say, had Diana survived, I think she would have probably grown a little more, and realized that while she wasn't the one meant for Prince Charles, Camilla made him happy, and would have grown more accepting of that relationship....

For all the bragging and touting many people do when it comes to Princess Diana, they certainly sell her short in the forgiving and moving on catergory. I think in time she would have come to terms with many "issues" that plauged her younger years, as she was a very wonderful woman who did some very amazing things.

Last edited:
For all the bragging and touting many people do when it comes to Princess Diana, they certainly sell her short in the forgiving and moving on catergory. I think in time she would have come to terms with many "issues" that plauged her younger years, as she was a very wonderful woman who did some very amazing things.

I think this is a very good point.

However, as far as Charles remarrying in Diana's lifetime, I think that if she'd remarried, he probably would have too. I have a feeling it was the Queen Mother's presence, not Diana's, that stopped him tying the knot with Camilla. As far as his marital status is concerned, the fact that he had a civil wedding rather than a church one did get around any problems with his status; even though he didn't have an ex-spouse living, Camilla certainly does, and there's also public opinion to think of.

Mind you, if Charles had remarried and Diana hadn't either died or remarried, there'd have been some interesting issues as far as titles are concerned. I assume Camilla would have done what she did in this universe and called herself Duchess of Cornwall, so there'd have been a Diana, Princess of Wales, and a Duchess of Cornwall, but no Princess of Wales (at least, not overtly).

I also think that Diana would have moved on and accepted Camilla as Charles soulmate. I think she already accepted her when she was alive. Diana would have probably developed a mature friendship with Charles and raised their boys together. Diana would probably find the man of her dreams and remarry as would Charles. I also think that if Diana accepted Camilla and showed it in public their would be no problem with C and C remarring. But, anything could have happened.

If Diana remarried would she have lost the ,Princess of Wales part (ie if she married John Smith would she become Diana Smith, Lady Diana Smith or stay Diana, Princess of Wales)

She would have become Diana Smith unless the Queen gave her husband a peerage.

Princejonnhy25 said:
She would have become Diana Smith unless the Queen gave her husband a peerage.
Actually she would have been styled as Lady Diana Smith as daughters of the peerage customarily take their honorary title with them into marraige.

Diana had always spoken of how proud she was of her Spencer heritage.

Examples: Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones became Lady Sarah Chatto upon her marriage to Daniel Chatto in 1994. Lady Helen Windsor became Lady Helen Taylor after her wedding to Tim Taylor in 1992.

Mahoogie said:
I think if Diana had survived the fatal car crash or if the car crash never happened at all, I think Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall would never had been married..They would continue their affair but it will not lead to marriage as long as Diana is still alive..Charles and Camilla would have been devastated and shocked over Dianas death but the death of the Princess became a sort of blessing in disguise to make their union legal and more acceptable..

good points! if Diana would never know about her ex-husband got married to companion Camilla

if Diana was alive and she would watch over Camilla as "princess of wales" i dont think so! and many people would diguse of Camilla become POW no way!

Sara Boyce

Elspeth said:
I think this is a very good point.

However, as far as Charles remarrying in Diana's lifetime, I think that if she'd remarried, he probably would have too. I have a feeling it was the Queen Mother's presence, not Diana's, that stopped him tying the knot with Camilla. As far as his marital status is concerned, the fact that he had a civil wedding rather than a church one did get around any problems with his status; even though he didn't have an ex-spouse living, Camilla certainly does, and there's also public opinion to think of.

Mind you, if Charles had remarried and Diana hadn't either died or remarried, there'd have been some interesting issues as far as titles are concerned. I assume Camilla would have done what she did in this universe and called herself Duchess of Cornwall, so there'd have been a Diana, Princess of Wales, and a Duchess of Cornwall, but no Princess of Wales (at least, not overtly).

I agree. In my opinion, it would have been impossible for the public to accept Charles marrying Camilla unless Diana herself had remarried and been given a royal title and appropriate rank in her own right by the Queen.

The main obstacle to a remarriage for Charles was the Queen Mother's opposition. Once she passed on, the matter could be dealt with by the Queen.

skk said:
"Dodi was not going to be her husband--her friends say she told them he lied to her and she knew about his cocaine use"which of her friends said that and where??? any help on this would be much appreciatied
Dodi was a summer fling in the hopes of arousing jealousy in the man she really loved, Hasnat Khan. A quite typical female ploy used by many women to snare the man they want. Don't know if I exactly agree with it, but I know many who have done it.

Mahoogie said:
I think if Diana had survived the fatal car crash or if the car crash never happened at all, I think Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall would never been married..They would continue their affair but it will not lead to marriage as long as Diana is still alive..Charles and Camilla would have been devastated and shocked over Dianas death but the death of the Princess became a sort of blessing in disguise to make their union legal and more acceptable..

sad but true :(

tiaraprin said:
Dodi was a summer fling in the hopes of arousing jealousy in the man she really loved, Hasnat Khan. A quite typical female ploy used by many women to snare the man they want. Don't know if I exactly agree with it, but I know many who have done it.

yeah maybe..my question remains as to what did the friends of diana say about dodi and where?? who were they?? lady annabel goldsmith?? rosa monckton?? thanks

skk said:
yeah maybe..my question remains as to what did the friends of diana say about dodi and where?? who were they?? lady annabel goldsmith?? rosa monckton?? thanks

Lady Annabel said later that Diana was not interested in marrying Dodi, quoting her as saying, "I need a marriage at this point like I need a mark on my face." Rosa Monckton also stated that Diana was "uneasy" about Dodi and his penchant for "buying" her and she had "no intention" of marrying him.

Personally, I highly doubt Diana looked at the relationship as anything more than a very enjoyable summer fling. She had millions of her own money, so she certainly didn't need the Al-Fayed fortune to sustain her lifestyle. The boys were still young and she knew the Queen certainly would have reservations about her marrying such a controversial figure.

I think Diana probably would have remarried by now (and good for her). But not to Dodi. I could never understand the attraction, aside from his father's $ and the lifestyle (sort of an Aristotle Onassis thing). And I never found Dodi particularly good-looking.

My guess is, that had Diana remarried, Charles and Camilla would have felt free to marry each other. It would have looked really bad if a lovelorn Diana was still on the world's stage while Charles and Camilla played The Brady Bunch with Diana's sons.

It is so sad that she never found the love she was looking for.

Its difficult as it is one of those things that probably had a lot of provate implications more than publics ones.
Diana, I doubt would have married Dodi - simply because he was a summer fling no more. She would have married, as I don't think that she is one of those women who stays unmarried for long. Nothing personal but she might have been on her third.
She would probably married actors - possibly American, obviviosly someone big so we are looking at Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise here. She wouldn't have picked someone below her. Diana was thinking of doing tv, possibly modelling so she might have signed a deal with Revlon, or Dior or one of the fashion houses.
She would probably have became a UN ambassador, might have had more kids, or adopted.
I doubt she would have stayed long in one place, maybe kept a house in England, another in France, USA or South Africa. She would have completely moved around, a lot.
Whether this life would have brought her happiness and fulfilment is another question, she might still have been a lost soul.

Others: Princes William and Harry would have been the most affected. They would probably have not been as spoiled and as mother cuddled as they are. I doubt they would have played polo and hung around in posh clubs drinking, if anything else. As soon as Harry looked at a cannibis cigarette, Diana would probably have pulled him over her knee. I doubt Harry and William would have even thought of drink, drugs and the high life if Diana was still alive. She wouldn't have allowed them to have spend so long a time on gap years and holidaying in the commonwealth. She would possibly have made them come with her on her UN work, simply to keep them out of trouble.
Of course, the press blackout would never have happened and other things that the royals would have prefered not coming out about William and Harry would have filled newspapers. So public opinion of the Princes would be radically different.

Prince Charles would have married Camilla regardless. Diana however would have appeared on Larry King or somewhere else, saying how happy she was, and how much she loved Camilla to pieces and than she would have secretly given other remarks to another biographer. The lives of Princess Anne and Prince Andrew would probably be about the same. Prince Edward would have been allowed to marry Sophie Rhys-Jones in 1998. She could possibly have had more children, not have had the miscarriage. A all the media attention would have remained on Diana, William and Harry, Sophie would probably still be working at her PR company, and as no media black out exisited, so would Prince Edward. Dodi Fayad would possibly have sold her story to the News of the World.

It is easy for me, to specualate upon what might have been. However it is not so, there are hundreds of other possiblities not are not at all favourably to Diana and everyone involved, even if Diana lived there is no guareentee that her life might have better.
For example, She might have gone to America, had several ill fated affairs which all appeared in the press, might have had a well publicised breakdown, financial troubles after her broker steals all her money, goes on Oprah and Larry King and becames the worst version of herself possible. She grows old, and gets pushed out of the royal lime light by William and Harry's girlfriends, wives and daughters. Until she dies one day in obscurity, and her funeral only makes the brief news on the BBC.

I don't think Harry would be as insecure and as influenced as he is by peers, examples include the uniform, drugs, drinking, and partying. Because Diana showed him more attention and affection than Will, Harry wouldn't feel like he has to upstage his brother by acting out in order to get attention.

i don't think she would have married Dodi but i always wonder what she meant when she told the paparazzi "wait til you see what i do in the next couple of days". some say that she was going to announce her engagement to him.

hmm, those words of Diana, if it is true she said this, it is very cryptic in a way, wouldn't you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom