Different Facets of Diana

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, guys, I've lurked here a long time! Now I'm going to post! :) I always thought Diana had the most gorgeous hair - thick and with lots of body - and when she wore it super short it just wasn't the best. These pics show how beautiful she could look with it longer. Thanks!

Welcome to the forums! I always wanted Diana to grow her hair out and was sad when she cut it off so soon. She had pretty hair and thought she looked great when it was long. I suppose long hair isn't very practical for a hard working princess though many of them seem to be able to do it nowadays.

Diana's hair was beautiful:thick and healthy looking and had nice shade of blond. But I prefer her in short hair.:)

corbiszcv70001121.jpg

photo: CORBIS

I don't remember her with long hair. It suited her.:) Thanks for all the wonderful pics.
Was this the only time she had long hair?

The two long-hair periods were at the end of 1984 and when she was a teenager.

Oops! Sorry that I misunderstood you Ulik:eek:.

Yes, like Elspeth said, Diana was a guest only at her sister Sarah's wedding. Below is a picture from Sarah's wedding (I believe the date is May 17 1980). Diana is in the middle, with her mother Frances and her grandmother, Lady Fermoy beside her.

(Sorry for the poor quality - it is from an old newspaper)

Do someone has another photo of Diana at her sister Sarah's wedding (photo of the message 29)?

Thanks so much for the information Lady Jean. :)

Andrew Morton talks a bit about this wedding in his book, saying that it was a traumatic affair for Diana. Her parents had recently divorced. Apparently her father gave her a blue dress to wear to the wedding, while her mother gave her a green dress to wear. And she didn't know which one to wear. I would have thought that she would wear the dress that the bride had chosen for her. Perhaps Diana's memory failed her in this case & she was really thinking of another wedding.

For a wedding taking place early in the day, it would not be unknown for little bridesmaids to change out of their official dress & wear another one. Perhaps that what she meant. Or perhaps Diana was talking about another wedding where she was not actually a bridesmaid.

On the other post talking about little Charles Spencer being a "ring-bearer" - we don't normally have those in the UK, as the Best Man brings the wedding ring(s) to the service. Charles would have been a Page Boy.

I wish she had kept her hair with some length on it--it really suited her quite well. WONDERFUL Photos of Diana.

Sheis was so wonderful in long hair.

Is the first time I have seen Diana and Camilla husband together.

This is a wonderful collection of photos - it's funny to compare how differently her hair was styled for different events. The updo for Parliament got a lot of attention.

Thank you for the many pictures. I had never seen many of them. Diana was the rare woman who was able to wear her hair long or short and appear wonderful. I remember seeing one picture of her with long hair and it was a surprise at first. I remember reading in one of the royal magazines that she went back to short hair because so many of the people didn't like her long hair when polled. I doubt that this was the truth! ;)

I remember reading in one of the royal magazines that she went back to short hair because so many of the people didn't like her long hair when polled. I doubt that this was the truth! ;)

It was true, at the time. The long hair looked so different that it wasn't received favorably.

I also heard that during a special security training with the British Special Forces, (while newly married) that her hair caught fire but was immediatley put out and from that day onward she kept it realtively short.

MM

I also heard that during a special security training with the British Special Forces, (while newly married) that her hair caught fire but was immediatley put out and from that day onward she kept it realtively short.

MM

I heard something like that but not that her hair had actually took fire! :eek:
In fact, I thought she had cutted it in emergency because she had received some canon powder in her hair and she was going to gala the following night ... But perhaps I'm mistaking.:flowers:

That could be it also, not sure myself but sounds similar to what I heard.
Thank You.
MM

hi there, this is my first post....heheh....but i would like to say, that my favorite diana is when she had long hair, so femminine, so beautiful and flower like.
there is something about her really short hair which seemed too masculine on her. not that she was masculine, just the hair styles when it was so short it was sometimes slicked back and icky....but with long hair she is like a doll, perfect.

Diana looked good with her hair long in 1984, especially nice is the picture with Andrew Parker Bowles, I wish we had a colour shot.

love these thank you,can just see the look on charles.

Great Princess, Great Pictures, Love Princess, Lovely Memories. I will never know what was so wrong she did that it made people change their opinion for her.

If i could find someone in my life to love, I would love that one forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom