Diana's Styles and Titles

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes but if even Harry and for all I know WIlliam refers to her as Pss Diana at times, of course other people are going ot pick up the wrong title.

Neither have ever referred to her this way as far as I’m aware.

Neither have ever referred to her this way as far as I’m aware.

saw a show about her at the weekend, and Harry was making a speech, I think about her owrk wtih Landmine and as far as I can recollect, he said Princess Diana

saw a show about her at the weekend, and Harry was making a speech, I think about her owrk wtih Landmine and as far as I can recollect, he said Princess Diana

Harry, bless him, isn't the sharpest tool in the shed! ?

IF Harry did refer to his mother as Princess in a speech (and I’ve never heard him do so) then he was likely speaking to a foreign audience of non-royal watchers, who probably wouldn’t know who he was referring to if he called her ‘the Princess of Wales’. He usually refers to Diana as ‘my mother’ when talking about her charities and causes.

Last edited:
If using her official style, 'The Princess of Wales' wouldn't be correct either as she was no longer The princess of Wales after her divorce. But I am pretty sure, that even an international audience would understand who he was talking about if he referred to 'Diana, princess of Wales'.

Harry uses more informal language than that when, as I’ve said, discussing Diana and her causes and charities. He almost invariably says ‘my mother’ when discussing them and pretty much always has. I’ve never heard him say ‘Diana’ in any context. .

Last edited:
Harry uses more informal language than that when, as I’ve saiid, discussing Diana and her causes and charities. He almost invariably says ‘my mother’ when discussing them and pretty much always has. I’ve never heard him say ‘Diana’ in any context. .

Well if I got it right, he didnt say Diana he said Princess Diana. Noone seems to have watched any of the programmes on Di over the weekend, so i am not always sure if I have things right...

Harry in 2019 speaking about landmines at Chatham House in London, mentioning (briefly) ‘my mother’.

In 2017 at a Kensington Palace reception

Twenty years ago, in the last months of her life, my mother campaigned to draw attention to the horrific and indiscriminate impact of landmines. She visited affected areas such as Huambo in Angola and Travnik in Bosnia. She heard how people in these communities lived in constant fear that each step may be their last. She met with those who had suffered life changing injuries as a result of anti-personnel mines, she listened to their stories, and helped share them with the world.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-brought-Diana-tears-22-years-ago-Angola.html

Harry met a woman landmine victim. She referred to ‘Princess Diana’.

Ms Thijika said after chatting to Harry: 'I think I met Princess Diana on a Tuesday, she came to the centre and she wanted to see how a change of prosthetic limb was done.

He did not refer to Princess Diana when speaking to Ms Thijika but referred to ‘my mother’ later.

Last edited:
With William and Kate's official new titles of the Prince and Princess of Wales, what will Diana be called? Is she just Diana Spencer or what? I bow to the British people's better knowledge on the subject. Feeling very sad for Queen Elizabeth...gone but never forgotten.

With William and Kate's official new titles of the Prince and Princess of Wales, what will Diana be called? Is she just Diana Spencer or what? I bow to the British people's better knowledge on the subject. Feeling very sad for Queen Elizabeth...gone but never forgotten.

I'm fairly sure she'll always be Diana, Princess of Wales as that's how she's referred to on the Royal Family's own website. Catherine is now THE Princess of Wales.

Yes she will be Diana Princess Of Wales as she became after the divorce

"Diana, Princess of Wales" refers to a woman who divorced the Prince of Wales and did not remarry. The same as Sarah Ferguson is called "Sarah, Duchess of York."

Catherine is HRH The Princess of Wales, which is different. It doesn't affect what her late mother-in-law is called.

Back
Top Bottom