Diana's Speeches and Quotes

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diana on friendship,

I don't want my friends to be hurt and think I've dropped them but I haven't got time to sit and gossip, I've got things to do and time is precious.

Everything Royal.

I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved. I know that I can give love for a minute, for half an hour, for a day, for a month, but I can give. I am very happy to do that, I want to do that. — Princess Diana of Wales, July 1, 1961 — August 31, 1997

One of my favorite quotes of the Princess. Sadly feeling unloved is a strong disease many are still suffering from today.

Tragically, she was suffering behind the scenes. Not every mentally ill person is completely out-of-control. Diana found that she could control her actions and her persona in public, but she often exploded in private.
I eating disorder thread on this forum for discussions on how her mental illness affected both her private and public behavior. Many of the people on this board have added to my understanding about her disease.

She didn't throw herself down stairs, but she did by her own admission cut herself, she was bulimic, she slapped her father in a rage..
I agree that she wasn't "OTT crazy" but she did have quite a few issues which were various kinds of psychologicial problem and she was as you say mostly OK in public but she did often vent her problems in private, in a somewhat uncontrolled way. having watched that speech about "postponing her nervous breakdown" today, I was honeslty a bit taken aback - seeing it years later - by how brittle she seemed.. She came across as rather unattractive, as if she was fighting back hysteria, and trying to sound "tough"..

Several days ago, I found some very enlightening words from Diana.

Please bear me my poor English, but I really want to explain a little more on how I found those words. Two weeks ago, on Feb 19 2021, the British Royal family issued the formal statement on The Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Attracted by the headline, I visited Dailymail's website. When I scrolled down its homepage, I found this little piece of news about some unseen letters of Diana on auction.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...friends-helped-separation-Prince-Charles.html

Following the information the news provided, I found the auction website,
https://www.davidlay.co.uk/Diana-Princess-of-Wales-The-Letters-Collection-1990-1997/
on which two letters of Diana are displayed.

One letter is dated June 12th 1992, four days before her tell-all book "Diana: Her True Story" was published. The website introduces it
During this week in 1992, Diana had been at the centre of a media frenzy, as the Sunday Times started serialising Andrew Morton's highly revealing biography 'Diana - Her true Story' and other national newspapers competed by publishing further intimate details of the private life of the Prince and Princess of Wales.
One can see that her mood was really bad those days, because she described them in her letter "Ghastly week". It reads
Thank you for writting -- It's been a ghastly week. Your letter will surely bring some ......
It amazed me so much that this unseen letter reappeared on the same date the Palace's statement was issued. Although it is 29 years apart, in some sense this coincidence really makes me feel like mother and son are together in the same plight. Everything happens for a reason, doesn't it?

The second letter has touched my heart. I hope that the person this letter is intended to can read it and take it to the heart. It is dated September 4th 1991, almost exactly 6 years before her own death. In which, she discussed her feelings about the death from AIDS on 24th August 1991, of her friend Adrian Ward-Jackson. It reads
"Adrian had a very kind heart and was a valuable friend to me, but to see him reach the psychological and spiritual destination of acceptance before he died will be a memory I will treasure, as few manage to make that plateau. I learnt more about inner-strength than anything moral during his last few days and as we know bereavement is an experience of change and adjustment so life must go on..."
I hope that the person which this letter is intended to can gain some strength from it, and take her words to the bottom of his heart. Everything happens for a reason. I think there is a reason for these unseen letters to reappear on Feb 19, 2021.

Finally, I want to introduce a little bit about myself. I have been doing extensive research on Diana since she died. And I had posted quite a lot of my findings in these forum between 2013-2016. Some old members might remember me. Since 2016, I have stopped posting, not because I have stopped doing my research, to the otherwise. It is because the rest findings are so profound and intimate that I don't think it is appropriate to discuss them so publicly.

And I was born on Feb 24, 1981, exactly the same date Diana was engaged. But I am more prefer to call my born date "Whatever love means". Love this sentence so much. It is very enlightening, because after spending so much time and energy to find the truth, I realized that this was a story began with a question and ended with an answer. And it has always been my greatest pleasure to do every bits I can for her.

And I hope people would not be so mad on Harry and Meghan -- in my belief everything happens for a reason.

“Hugs can do great amounts of good – especially for children.” | Princess Diana's

Back
Top Bottom