Diana's Friends, Lovers and Bodyguards

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder whether he actually gave an interview or whether this was made up from a collection of comments that he made during an unguarded onversation, perhaps with more than one person. The statements in quotes might be hearsay. It seems strange that he'd give an interview while trying to keep a low profile.

:nonono: In the "If he wants his privacy so bad, why is he talking to the Mail Online about Diana now?" category ...

Back in Britain after escaping the 'Diana witch hunt', the man who almost married her reveals the REAL reason their affair was doomed | Mail Online

There's something about Dodi that has always struck me as creepy. Perhaps the only other man in Diana's life who I have this reaction to is James Hewitt. As for the other men, although I couldn't approve of her adultery with them (real or just alleged and obviously excluding Prince Charles), they don't affect me in quite the same way. When I first saw pictures of Diana and Dodi together, I just had a bad feeling about it. :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
i think , Diana has been with most of them a simple friend. Apart from any
adultery. We do not know even about her adultery with dody Fayd .
That's what the media say.
However she is always a popular person.

Dodi was a means to strike the British establishment who despised Al Fayed, IMO. I don't think she got over her will of revenge against the RF and the Fayeds were the ideal weapon. No doubt that the paparazzi were too intrusive, yet they were the only key to make her story with Dodi public.

Yes, I don't think that she had entirely "moved on" from her quarrels with the Establishment and the RF. Had there not been a "gag order" as part of her divorce agreement, I think that we probably would have heard a lot more negative things from Diana. In a sense, I don't understand the argument that she went to be with the Fayed's because she had no-where else to go during that summer. She was a weathly woman with contacts everywhere in the world who would have offered her hospitality. Or she could have stayed in an exclusive resort somewhere where the press couldn't get access to her, and she could have brought William and Harry with her during her time with them. Perhaps she had some trust in Fayed because her father knew him. Was she really that naive about Fayed's reputation? It's hard to accept unless she NEVER watched the national news.:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
it's hard to say what diana's mindset was. i think she had some feelings for dodi...not love...but something. i just don't think she gave this particular relationship any long term thought or importance. she knew she could never marry him so that's why i believe it was just a summer fling. as for having lot's of places to go...maybe she thought, or was told, that any host would be unwilling to have her because of the media intrusion that would come with her. sad thought.

It's very plausible that nobody wanted to invite her for the holidays. Honestly, Diana's presence would have been a burden for any other person who wished to spend some peaceful vacation. This invitation of Fayed was a win-win situation for both: he could offer protection against the press (when you see what happened, it was pretty sporadic…) and she could give him the public attention he needed. In the end, Fayed lost much more than he gained.

-------

Does Scotland Yard now train women to be royal bodygaurds? If I had one chance to ask one question of Ken Wharfe it would to be if he thought Diana might have fared better with a female security officer.

Here's something interesting to read about a female bodyguard named Anna Loginova. It's not at all surprising that her agency had links with ex-KGB agents. USSR didn't make any differences between men and women concerning careers so it was much more common to have women working for secret services. It's probably why female bodyguards are rarer in our society than in ex-USSR countries.

Last edited:
i think , Diana has been with most of them a simple friend. Apart from any
adultery. We do not know even about her adultery with dody Fayd .
That's what the media say.
However she is always a popular person.

In the West we wouldn't describe her relationship with Dodi as adultery since she was a divorced woman and free in that aspect.

I would agree it wasn't a good choice for her, although she seems to have made a pattern of bad choices with me. I think Dr. Khan was the only good one she picked.

I think Dodi and Muhammed Al Fayed were family friends and so she was comfortable with them, although I'm sure she also knew that the Estabilishment wouldn't like it, and doubtless that came into her reasoning. I think she was far more serious about Hasnat than Dodi. I think she was just seeing where it went with Dodi. As it turned out, it was the last summer of her life so what would have happened if she hadn't died, we will never know.

I do agree that, if the couple had survived the summer, that there would have been a break-up. They were both very needy people and probably wouldn't have been able to satisfy each other's needs for long.

I like to think that Diana enjoyed her time with the Fayeds, and that she was happy with Dodi. They might have both been needy but perhaps each could provide what the other needed. Maybe their relationship would not have lasted, but maybe it would. It's very sad that we'll never know, but I do hope she enjoyed her time with him.

I think it's easy to look back and think of her relationship with Dodi as being a negative thing, since for years afterward Muhammed Al Fayed claimed Diana was murdered and also claimed that Diana and Dodi were in a far more serious relationship than they really were.Perhaps had Muhammed Al Fayed not done these things, it would be easier to have a more positive view of her relationship with Dodi, even though it's doubtful it would have lasted.

And he said during the Inquiry that he had no intention of marrying her. So he was sleeping with her just for the sake of having an affair. That's one thing that isn't impressive about Dr. Khan.

I think Dr. Khan was the only good one she picked.

Instead of reading through this entire thread, how many lovers did Diana have in her lifetime? Thanks.

I thought it was said in the end he had given her a ring and that she was pregnant?
And that she wanted to be buried wearing the ring and only told his father of the baby which is why he built the statue in Harrod's to join them both forever??

:previous:
The "engagement" ring, alleged pregnancy etc were wishful thinking on Mohammed Al Fayed's part and were disproven during both the police and Coronial inquests.

And he said during the Inquiry that he had no intention of marrying her. So he was sleeping with her just for the sake of having an affair. That's one thing that isn't impressive about Dr. Khan.

I think he didn't want to marry her because of all publicity that would entail. He wanted his privacy. When the media begin to become aware of him, that's when his relationship with Diana became strained because he wanted their relationship to stay private.

The latest issue of the Australian mag. "New Idea" has an item about Diana and Hasnat hidden away on the last page. It says Hasnat has recently confessed to friends that their relationship was doomed because they would have had to live quietly in Pakistan as man and wife, and that Diana would not have felt at home, as happened to Jemima Goldsmith. "It was obvious that in London I could not have fitted into her life and she could not have fitted into mine. If we'd lived in Pakistan, it would've been just as difficult. She'd have wanted to come back regularly to see Harry and William. She was afraid of being portrayed as an absentee mother".

The story concludes that Hasnat is living in a small London flat, and still suffering from his own broken heart.

So now you know. :cool:

:previous:
His "friends" weren't very discreet.

I do think their relationship would have been hard to work out, he obviously would have had to be ceased to be bothered by the fame Diana had, and she would have had to try to fit in with his life. She did try in some ways, but maybe in the end they just came from two different worlds.

Has anyone ever noticed that it's mostly the men in Diana's life that haven't been very discreet. James Hewitt, Paul Burrell, etc. and even Hasnat Kahn now talking. I have yet to hear of a female friend that has betrayed the Princess.

Well, some of her women friends wrote books too, although the men did talk more.Simone Simmons, who was her ''faith healer", I can't remember what she specifically did, wrote two books on Diana's later years. She's the main example. Others have given interviews, but not written books. I think Rosa Monckton for example mostly spoke out to silence rumors about Diana's last days such as she was pregnant or she was going to marry Dodi, they were engaged, etc. I think in her case, she was right to speak out.

I'm not convinced it's for the best to speak out. Why is it such a big deal to prove it's not true? Because it damages Diana's memory? People will believe what they want to believe, even if you show them by a+b that it can't be. If you try to explain, you give a certain amount of credit for these claims. Time should be spent otherwise than trying to rectify what is, very often, a firmly believed "fact" they won't ever begin to reconsider.

Has anyone ever noticed that it's mostly the men in Diana's life that haven't been very discreet. James Hewitt, Paul Burrell, etc. and even Hasnat Kahn now talking. I have yet to hear of a female friend that has betrayed the Princess.
The sad fact is that Diana did not have as many female friends as she did male, therefore there are not as many to speak out. Besides which, nobody would be interested in hearing about trips to the shops with the girls or any of the other mundane things women tend to chat about.:flowers:

In regards to female friends (or friends in general) its the quality not the quantity that counts. She may have not a lot of female friends, but the ones that she did have (despite periods of not speaking) have still remained quiet. They have generally only spoken to refute a total rumor or doing the Burrell trial.

:previous: Many people have 100s of friends but only 6 or so close friends but you have missed the point. If you have 4 female friends and 40 male friends, the odds are that more of the 40 will speak out.:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom