The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-29-2007, 02:13 AM

No, I think you'll find that Diana sulked at such events because she disliked them so and instead of bowing out gracefully, she made Braemar annual purgatory. The recent pictures show laughter because everyone who is there, wants to be there and is enjoying being there. Simple.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
No, I think you'll find that Diana sulked at such events because she disliked them so and instead of bowing out gracefully, she made Braemar annual purgatory. The recent pictures show laughter because everyone who is there, wants to be there and is enjoying being there. Simple.
Well yes, Camilla totally fits in it and I believe she's a fun woman. Diana was not made for Royal life, that's not new.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 08-29-2007, 02:21 AM
Nobility

I was an adoring Diana fan when she was alive, especially pre-1986. I never realized then how poorly fitted her clothes were. These pictures are a real eye opener. Really full skirts that balloon around the waist? Diana had a great figure, but you'd never know it from these clothes.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by royaltywatcher View Post
I was an adoring Diana fan when she was alive, especially pre-1986. I never realized then how poorly fitted her clothes were. These pictures are a real eye opener. Really full skirts that balloon around the waist? Diana had a great figure, but you'd never know it from these clothes.
Fortunatly, her style changed and showed us her best look. I'm not a great fan of those dresses either.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 09-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Serene Highness

Queen Mother, Diana and William - 1987

Image of Diana 38 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

e6df_12.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 09-20-2007, 06:40 AM

I love this picture of Diana and the boys from the Trooping in 1988, so much I put a caption on it in Royal Chit Chat. I can just see William directing the troops here: "Stop stop, everything, it's all wrong! We must do it again, the correct way!"

SOURCE: People magazine, special "royals" issue 2006
Old 09-20-2007, 07:39 AM
Royal Highness

Now I know where the name Princess Pushy comes from, Princess Michael is always in the center, she probably pushed her way there! even before the Princess royal, and she probably pushed freddy and ella there too!
Old 09-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Majesty

Can anybody remember if Diana continued to attend Trooping the colour and other royal events after her separation was announced in 1992?
Old 09-20-2007, 03:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Diana last attended the ceremony in 1991.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Nobility

No, the last time Princess Diana attended the Trooping The Colour ceremony was in 1992.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Gentry

Diana at Wimbledon

I would love to see pictures from the 1981, Diana's first appearance at Wimbeldon especially.

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2007, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanishing Lady View Post
With Camilla, Watching Charles at Polo: http://thumb9.webshots.net/t/59/459/...9PLUghS_th.jpg
With Camilla in that most famous picture, they were not watching Charles at polo. Actually, it's an interesting story. They were at Ludlow to watch Charles in his jockey event. It was October 1980. I believe it was his last race on Allibar who died the followig February, shortly before he proposed to Diana.
Since he began to do these races, his family did not like it because it was so dangerous. It brings to mind his great-uncle David, Duke of Windsor who was fond of steeplechase, and even injured himself doing it at least once, terrifying his family, who begged him to stop it. Read more about Charles and his racing here: The Prince of Wales - Racing
Old 10-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Diana loved Tennis I think 1995 was the last time she went to Wimbledon I heard that after the divorce the Princess wasn't allowed to sit in the Royal Box which is very petty since her son is the future King.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:46 PM

I like Diana in her cream suit in the 1995 pictures. Those are great finds, TheTruth. I also like the photos of her and the Kents chatting together. They look to be enjoying such a common passion for the tennis. If you happen upon any photos of Diana with the Gloucesters at Wimbledon, please post. I will keep my eyes on the lookout for them too. I think I remember finding one on the Rex website, now that I think of it.

About the royal box, that must have been a decision by the All England Lawn Tennis Assoc. If so, I don't understand how they can have made such a ruling unless it was based on snobbery, because Diana's fame was "good for business", as they say, no matter that she was separated/divorced from the Royal Family.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you so much TheTruth and CasaraghiTrio its great to see some unseen pictures of the Princess of Wales. :)
Old 10-12-2007, 07:29 AM
Gentry

Thanks for all the great pictures, especially the ones from 84 and 85. I had not seen those.

Question: What was the date she attended with her sister Sarah in 1981?
Old 10-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panicgrl View Post
Thanks for all the great pictures, especially the ones from 84 and 85. I had not seen those.

Question: What was the date she attended with her sister Sarah in 1981?

Yes, it was 1981.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfg02 View Post
Yes, it was 1981.

July what of 1981?

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana