The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-16-2007, 12:06 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Thank you to all who have posted pictures. Diana was always the most elegantly dressed. I loved seeing the children on the balcony and their reactions to the festivities.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Many thanks for all these pictures CasiraghiTrio . Love Diana in 1991, 1992 .

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 06-23-2007, 12:14 PM

Post huge diana admirer

Hello to you all,
this is my first post here; I am from Austria (don't be confused about my nickname I am female) and I collect Diana pictures since I was 11. I spent all my pocket money in magazines with her pictures in it.
Last year I decided to make a life time project. I want to make a diary with all her pictures and her engagements from 1981 til 1997. It is really hard work but I love it. And now it seems I found the perfect forum to talk to you about rare pictures and dates. I allready glanced through your polo and Ascot sides throughout her years, trooping the colour etc. it is great.
Does anybody else do a project like mine, I would like to hear about it?
I also would like to answer your questions about Diana. For me she is the most wonderful person in the whole world and nobody not inside the royal circle nor any celebrety oudside comes even close to her.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

In that page there's a link with all her engagements between 1981 and 1997 although I think the link is broken. Maybe a moderator will fix that. I remember it was very complete and detailed. I hope it will be fixed soon so you can find some good things in it.

Because it matters...
Old 06-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

TheTruth, I'm not seeing any broken links; which one do you mean?
Old 06-23-2007, 04:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

This one Elspeth, from the post of MaximaDianaFan
http://www.freefilehosting.org/publi...ianasdiary.txt

Maybe it's my computer ...

Because it matters...
Old 06-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's coming up OK for me; it's a list of her engagements.

Is anyone else not seeing it?
Old 06-23-2007, 05:09 PM

Thank you all for your warm welcome. The link about her engagments is fine with me, I can see it. I think it will take me a while looking at all your posted messages, I started with the polo engagements and your postings already helped me a lot, special thanks to the Lady in Canada.
I just have a question about posting pictures. What if I don't have any source of the picture, only that it is an old clipping from a German magazine. I do have some where I don't know the engagement or the date, am I allowed to post them so you can help me find the fitting engagement?
I also have to get an icon for me, you all have such great ones, how do I put the icon in my messages?
Old 06-23-2007, 05:17 PM
Commoner

Welcome to the forums. I am relatively new myself. I also have collected photos of Diana since 1980 and I have 20 or more scrapbooks going in chronalogical order. I had a friend in England who would mail me packets of clippings from the papers in U.K. so my scrapbooks are well filled. How are you documenting all of her engagements? Are they in scrapbooks or would you be able to ever post what you have? Look forward to your additions to the forum!
Old 06-23-2007, 05:30 PM

As I was very young in the 80ies I have a huge collection with just clippings from German magazines, but often don't know which engagement or day it is and I also don't know the correct source. So I don't know if I am allowed to post such photos, because I saw you all mentioned either the book or the photographer. They are all in srapebooks but I also have a scanner so I think that wouldn't be the problem. As I am doing a diary of all of her engaments I do scan photos from my scrapbook, books, magazines and put it in my computer diary and I have an extra egagement diary in excel at the moment, the pictures all have the .jpg extention, your collection also sounds huge do you only have the pictures or do you also know when and where they were taken? But I do have some photos in my collection which I never saw in any of the Diana books or majesty or royalty magazine, so with them they are hard to identify
Old 06-23-2007, 05:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by manfred197 View Post
I just have a question about posting pictures. What if I don't have any source of the picture, only that it is an old clipping from a German magazine. I do have some where I don't know the engagement or the date, am I allowed to post them so you can help me find the fitting engagement?
I also have to get an icon for me, you all have such great ones, how do I put the icon in my messages?
Check your private-message inbox; I've answered these questions by PM rather than here so as to keep this thread on topic.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Commoner

Most of my scrapbook photos have the date and/or the engagement. It would be most interesting to see the photos that you have that you've not seen in the royalty publications, etc. I'd be happy to help you indentify the ones you need to find dates/engagements for.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:19 AM

Diana's engagements 1981 - 1997

Thanks for all the engagments for 96 and 97; I am a bit confused about the engamengt 15.04.97; I thought she was in Barbuda in the K Club for nearly the whole month with her children, so I think Meeting cystic fibrosis patients at the Royal Brompton Hospital can't be at that time.
Can anyone confirm the engagement 15.04.97?
Old 06-25-2007, 08:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
It's coming up OK for me; it's a list of her engagements.

Is anyone else not seeing it?
Thanks for asking, I can see it know . My computer goes nuts sometimes

Because it matters...
Old 06-26-2007, 07:18 PM

This is one of my own collection, but I don't know what year. Does anyone know? I am thinking 1983....
Diana riding in a carriage with the Queen Mother to Ascot
Old 06-26-2007, 09:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
This is one of my own collection, but I don't know what year. Does anyone know? I am thinking 1983....
Diana riding in a carriage with the Queen Mother to Ascot
You is right. The year is 1983.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by manfred197 View Post
Thanks for all the engagments for 96 and 97; I am a bit confused about the engamengt 15.04.97; I thought she was in Barbuda in the K Club for nearly the whole month with her children, so I think Meeting cystic fibrosis patients at the Royal Brompton Hospital can't be at that time.
Can anyone confirm the engagement 15.04.97?
Welcome Manfred197.

I'm not positive about the exact dates that Diana was in Barbuda, but she probably would have only gone for a week or so, not the whole month.

Yes, 15-04-07 is the date I have for her visit to the Royal Brompton Hospital.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:28 AM
Serene Highness

"The love and war"

10fc.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
bb9b.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
e719.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
b702.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
956e.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
Here we go, one for every year except 1984 (when Harry was born) I think that 1989 was the last year that Diana went to the Braemer Games.
Why Diana didn't participate at Braemer Games after 1989?
Old 08-29-2007, 01:54 AM
Majesty

Without wanting to get into the whole Camilla / Diana issue, just an observation the more recent pictures of the royal family at the games seem to be in a lighter vein, with everybody seeming to be in splits of laugther - sharp contrast to the pictures of the family with Diana in the 1980s posted above
Old 08-29-2007, 02:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Without wanting to get into the whole Camilla / Diana issue, just an observation the more recent pictures of the royal family at the games seem to be in a lighter vein, with everybody seeming to be in splits of laugther - sharp contrast to the pictures of the family with Diana in the 1980s posted above
Yes, I noticed it also. Perhaps it's one of the 'changes' that occured by the death of Diana ...

Because it matters...

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana