Diana's Engagements: 1981-1997, Complete List and Photographs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just have a question about posting pictures. What if I don't have any source of the picture, only that it is an old clipping from a German magazine. I do have some where I don't know the engagement or the date, am I allowed to post them so you can help me find the fitting engagement?
I also have to get an icon for me, you all have such great ones, how do I put the icon in my messages?

Check your private-message inbox; I've answered these questions by PM rather than here so as to keep this thread on topic.

Most of my scrapbook photos have the date and/or the engagement. It would be most interesting to see the photos that you have that you've not seen in the royalty publications, etc. I'd be happy to help you indentify the ones you need to find dates/engagements for.

Diana's engagements 1981 - 1997

Thanks for all the engagments for 96 and 97; I am a bit confused about the engamengt 15.04.97; I thought she was in Barbuda in the K Club for nearly the whole month with her children, so I think Meeting cystic fibrosis patients at the Royal Brompton Hospital can't be at that time.
Can anyone confirm the engagement 15.04.97?

It's coming up OK for me; it's a list of her engagements.

Is anyone else not seeing it?

Thanks for asking, I can see it know :flowers:. My computer goes nuts sometimes :ermm:

Thanks for all the engagments for 96 and 97; I am a bit confused about the engamengt 15.04.97; I thought she was in Barbuda in the K Club for nearly the whole month with her children, so I think Meeting cystic fibrosis patients at the Royal Brompton Hospital can't be at that time.
Can anyone confirm the engagement 15.04.97?

Welcome Manfred197:flowers:.

I'm not positive about the exact dates that Diana was in Barbuda, but she probably would have only gone for a week or so, not the whole month.

Yes, 15-04-07 is the date I have for her visit to the Royal Brompton Hospital.

"The love and war"

10fc.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
bb9b.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
e719.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
b702.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
956e.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here we go, one for every year except 1984 (when Harry was born) I think that 1989 was the last year that Diana went to the Braemer Games.

Why Diana didn't participate at Braemer Games after 1989?

Last edited by a moderator:
Without wanting to get into the whole Camilla / Diana issue, just an observation the more recent pictures of the royal family at the games seem to be in a lighter vein, with everybody seeming to be in splits of laugther - sharp contrast to the pictures of the family with Diana in the 1980s posted above

Without wanting to get into the whole Camilla / Diana issue, just an observation the more recent pictures of the royal family at the games seem to be in a lighter vein, with everybody seeming to be in splits of laugther - sharp contrast to the pictures of the family with Diana in the 1980s posted above

Yes, I noticed it also. Perhaps it's one of the 'changes' that occured by the death of Diana ...

No, I think you'll find that Diana sulked at such events because she disliked them so and instead of bowing out gracefully, she made Braemar annual purgatory. The recent pictures show laughter because everyone who is there, wants to be there and is enjoying being there. Simple.

No, I think you'll find that Diana sulked at such events because she disliked them so and instead of bowing out gracefully, she made Braemar annual purgatory. The recent pictures show laughter because everyone who is there, wants to be there and is enjoying being there. Simple.

Well yes, Camilla totally fits in it and I believe she's a fun woman. Diana was not made for Royal life, that's not new.

I was an adoring Diana fan when she was alive, especially pre-1986. I never realized then how poorly fitted her clothes were. These pictures are a real eye opener. Really full skirts that balloon around the waist? Diana had a great figure, but you'd never know it from these clothes.

I was an adoring Diana fan when she was alive, especially pre-1986. I never realized then how poorly fitted her clothes were. These pictures are a real eye opener. Really full skirts that balloon around the waist? Diana had a great figure, but you'd never know it from these clothes.

Fortunatly, her style changed :D and showed us her best look. I'm not a great fan of those dresses either.

I love this picture of Diana and the boys from the Trooping in 1988, so much I put a caption on it in Royal Chit Chat. I can just see William directing the troops here: "Stop stop, everything, it's all wrong! We must do it again, the correct way!" :D

SOURCE: People magazine, special "royals" issue 2006

Now I know where the name Princess Pushy comes from, Princess Michael is always in the center, she probably pushed her way there! even before the Princess royal, and she probably pushed freddy and ella there too!

Can anybody remember if Diana continued to attend Trooping the colour and other royal events after her separation was announced in 1992?

I think Diana last attended the ceremony in 1991.

No, the last time Princess Diana attended the Trooping The Colour ceremony was in 1992.:flowers:

Diana at Wimbledon

I would love to see pictures from the 1981, Diana's first appearance at Wimbeldon especially.

Thanks!

With Camilla in that most famous picture, they were not watching Charles at polo. Actually, it's an interesting story. They were at Ludlow to watch Charles in his jockey event. It was October 1980. I believe it was his last race on Allibar who died the followig February, shortly before he proposed to Diana.
Since he began to do these races, his family did not like it because it was so dangerous. It brings to mind his great-uncle David, Duke of Windsor who was fond of steeplechase, and even injured himself doing it at least once, terrifying his family, who begged him to stop it. Read more about Charles and his racing here: The Prince of Wales - Racing
:flowers:

Last edited:
Diana loved Tennis I think 1995 was the last time she went to Wimbledon I heard that after the divorce the Princess wasn't allowed to sit in the Royal Box which is very petty since her son is the future King.

I like Diana in her cream suit in the 1995 pictures. Those are great finds, TheTruth. I also like the photos of her and the Kents chatting together. They look to be enjoying such a common passion for the tennis. If you happen upon any photos of Diana with the Gloucesters at Wimbledon, please post. I will keep my eyes on the lookout for them too. I think I remember finding one on the Rex website, now that I think of it.

About the royal box, that must have been a decision by the All England Lawn Tennis Assoc. If so, I don't understand how they can have made such a ruling unless it was based on snobbery, because Diana's fame was "good for business", as they say, no matter that she was separated/divorced from the Royal Family.

Thank you so much TheTruth and CasaraghiTrio its great to see some unseen pictures of the Princess of Wales. :)

Thanks for all the great pictures, especially the ones from 84 and 85. I had not seen those.

Question: What was the date she attended with her sister Sarah in 1981?

Thanks for all the great pictures, especially the ones from 84 and 85. I had not seen those.

Question: What was the date she attended with her sister Sarah in 1981?

Yes, it was 1981.

Back
Top Bottom