Diana's Charity Work and Patronages

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder how many of those street folks are still alive? And how many are still on the street?:sad:

So many beautiful and touching pictures.

The Leprosy Mission at memorial service for Diana
The Leprosy Mission at memorial service for Diana : News :: Inspire Magazine

Memories Of Diana : Majesty Magazine - A Working Woman
http://www.princess-diana-remembere...f-diana-majesty-magazine-a-working-woman.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pic...-Dianas-charity-work-and-causes.html?image=13

"My [Angola] experience was to see what has been done, slowly and perilously, to get these mines out of the earth. It is the men of the Mines Advisory Group who do this hazardous work… and I take this opportunity to pay my tribute to the work these men do on our behalf."
Diana Princess of Wales, in her keynote speech to "Responding to Landmines: A Modern Tragedy and its Solutions", June 1997. Seminar co-hosted by MAG and the Landmine Survivors Network
http://www.maginternational.org/about/testimonials/

Last edited:
This was taken before Charles' and Diana's trip to Germany in 1987. This was the night when the Queen was rumoured to have demanded to meet with Charles and Diana to tell them to present a united front and work out their problems before their trip to Germany. Apparently Prince Charles was on the Royal Train that night travelling overnight to an engagement, which means that the meeting probably never happened. It's part of the Charles & Diana lore in any case.

A London Aids centre made famous by frequent visits by the late Princess of Wales is to be sold because the Terrence Higgins Trust charity can no longer afford its upkeep-
"Charity bosses admit that news of the London Lighthouse’s closure will be “upsetting” for people who have connections with the former hospice, which opened in 1988 and was one of the first to treat patients with Aids."
Aids charity makes 'upsetting' decision to sell centre Diana visited - Princess Diana Remembered

A London Aids centre made famous by frequent visits by the late Princess of Wales is to be sold because the Terrence Higgins Trust charity can no longer afford its upkeep-
"Charity bosses admit that news of the London Lighthouse’s closure will be “upsetting” for people who have connections with the former hospice, which opened in 1988 and was one of the first to treat patients with Aids."
Aids charity makes 'upsetting' decision to sell centre Diana visited - Princess Diana Remembered

The work isn't stopping (that is important) - it's only a building. Buildings, objects, jewellery and clothes connected with Diana get sold on a regular basis.

That picture of Diana makes me smile.:D:lol:

Back
Top Bottom