Diana: The Paul Burrell brother-in-law sex claims, June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyway with her upbringing, it was really hard to imagine that Diana would have bedded her butler whatever the circumstances.
I don't think it is so unheard of. :flowers:

Paul might have gotten way to greedy but someone on Diana's staff, Darren, her personal chef, has behaved with dignity and respect. He is a personal chef here in Dallas (much admired and loved by a lot of people around here) and today he was on local television making a cheesecake (oh, how deliciously ironic) in remembrance of Diana's birthday.

He has written a new cook book and all profits go to the Elizabeth Glaser Aids Foundation.

MyFox Dallas | Recipe: Strawberry Cheesecake with an Amaretto Chocolate Sauce

Last edited:
Paul might have gotten way to greedy but someone on Diana's staff, Darren, her personal chef, has behaved with dignity and respect. He is a personal chef here in Dallas (much admired and loved by a lot of people around here) and today he was on local television making a cheesecake (oh, how deliciously ironic) in remembrance of Diana's birthday.

He has written a new cook book and all profits go to the Elizabeth Glaser Aids Foundation.

MyFox Dallas | Recipe: Strawberry Cheesecake with an Amaretto Chocolate Sauce

Good for him! A worthy and appropriate cause.

I now have question, quite off topic but very important since that recipe sounds yummy: What's a "graham cracker"? Experience with cheesecakes causes me to assume it's a type of sweet biscuit, like a Hobnob. Can anyone confirm?

I think it's sort of like a digestive biscuit only not as good...:whistling:

A Graham Cracker? Well, i do remember a breakfast cereal called "Golden Grahams." Mind you, it was a few years ago, and here in Britain, not the U.S.

Sorry, just saw the Wikipedia link...so That's It!

Back to the topic of Paul Burrell. Can anyone with good memory let me know why did the Queen step in during his trial and interrupted the proceedings by defending him?

Wasn't because it was brought up in a conversation in a car either going to or from some sort of service including HMTQ, Prince Charles and Prince Philip?

At least something along those lines was the "official" version, but over the years and reading lots of articles by Dominque Dunne in Vanity Fair magazine here in the USA, I surmise there must have been some "deal" brokered. Just my opinion there, for sure. And Paul (especially his wife and family) didn't deserve the scare tactics. It could have been handled so much more discreetly and tactfully, imo.

I only wish they had given Paul an affidavit to sign that ensured his silence until at least an official inquest (which hadn't happened at the time) or some far off date in the future...like 2050. That's where the Windsors legal team was quite amiss in dealing with PB, imo.

However, I still don't think Paul's books or any of his appearances to promote her were off the mark although it is deeply sad that his relationship with Prince William and Prince Harry suffered...which is beyond sad, imo. I still hope for some sort of olive branch on the Princes' part because Paul was/is all for them.

It's just his Diana "merchandise" that stuns me.

Last edited:
It takes a certain type of person to live a servant's life. PB had been close enough to Diana to be called by her "Her rock" Whatever happened since those days is anyone's guess. I cannot imagine a person who was so close to her could not find employment at BP and had to turn into such a source of embarassment to the RF. I am still not convinced we know the truth about the Queen's interference with the trial.

...[snipped]
In most employer-employee relationships, it's implied that if the employee does not meet employer's demand, his/her position is threaten. It's not necessary for an employer to expressly threaten dismissal. Just watch Michael Douglas-Demi Moore movie "Disclosure". Any physical relationship can be construed as harrassment because of the inheritant inequity of power. Sexual harrassment isn't about the physical relationship, it's an excercise of power. In a case of a Princess of Wales, possible future Queen, the balance of power over a butler is completely one sided.
Well... I am not sure about the standards for sexual harassment in Canada. In the USA, a situation is assessed by applying "a reasonable person" standard. It is also required to determine (1) whether sexual conduct was unwelcome, and (2) whether the work environment rises to the level of actionable hostile environment, which unreasonably interferes with a work performance of a reasonable employee. My personal favourite is the Court decision in the matter of Jones v. Clinton (1998) that reads, "Even blatant sexual harassment does not always constitute illegal sexual harassment". Thus, even if the late Princess Diana harassed Mr. Burrel in some ways, it might not have constituted the illegal sexual harassment.
I have got serious doubts about a recent portion of revelations about the late Princess Diana's personal life. It is impossible to determine what prompted the brother-in-law to make these ludicrous claims. Overall, I agree with georgiea noting that the late Princess Diana was "very busy with all her other men friends through the years" (see post #81) to have any relationships of a personal nature with a butler. She should be allowed to rest in peace.

I can't imagine Diana involved sexually with a man as effeminate and "fussy" as Paul Burrell. She seemed to go for a much more masculine type.

Wasn't because it was brought up in a conversation in a car either going to or from some sort of service including HMTQ, Prince Charles and Prince Philip?
burrell claims that things found in home were either gifted to him and his wife and family or given to him for safe keeping and that he claimed that he told HM this prior to everything happening. apparently HM remembered this conversation and this is why the trial ended the way it did.

Last edited by a moderator:
My thinking is that Burrell probably advised HM he had "some" things of Diana's. She most likely assumed he meant minor mementos and therefore would not have asked him for a detailed inventory or questioned him further. It would not have occurred to her that he might have taken bags and bags of Diana's personal possessions. On the basis that he had kept some knick-knacks she may well have replied "that's OK Paul" without any idea of the vast extent of his "safekeeping" stockpile.

Once she recalled the conversation and how she had [possibly] been misled by Burrell she had no option but to confirm that she and Burrell had previously spoken about the matter. I wouldn't be surprised if he had betrayed the Queen's trust in his conversation with her. If he had said "Ma'am, I have spirited a veritable treasure trove of Diana's and William's personal effects out of Kensington Palace" I can't imagine HM waving it off with "no problem".

What you say makes a lot of sense to me, Warren. Given the "oily" character that Mr. Burrell has shown, it's become hard to believe that he's been entirely truthful with anyone--including the Queen.:rolleyes:

My thinking is that Burrell probably advised HM he had "some" things of Diana's. She most likely assumed he meant minor mementos and therefore would not have asked him for a detailed inventory or questioned him further. It would not have occurred to her that he might have taken bags and bags of Diana's personal possessions. On the basis that he had kept some knick-knacks she may well have replied "that's OK Paul" without any idea of the vast extent of his "safekeeping" stockpile.

Once she recalled the conversation and how she had [possibly] been misled by Burrell she had no option but to confirm that she and Burrell had previously spoken about the matter. I wouldn't be surprised if he had betrayed the Queen's trust in his conversation with her. If he had said "Ma'am, I have spirited a veritable treasure trove of Diana's and William's personal effects out of Kensington Palace" I can't imagine HM waving it off with "no problem".

Warren...

Your theory makes perfect sense.

Thanks for the link. I hate to see Diana's name dragged through the mud because of this little man, but is he really surprised that his mouth is catching up with him. He has been his own worst enemy!

:previous:
Well it's not him who did the claim and even if I don't really appreciate him and what he did of Diana's memory, I don't wish to anyone the discomfort and pain this can cause ; not to mention the one it creates toward his wife and children. Yes her name was dragged in the mud but his too by the same occasion and I really doubt he has a masochist behavior so, to me, they are two to be victim of the headlines.

Last edited:

I would imagine HM was very distracted at the time of this meeting. She had just lost an ex daughter in law, mother to her beloved grandchildren, had to contend with howling animals outside her gates, spiteful and intrusive demands from the media. At a time like this, I am sure HM wasn't thinking straight and who would ever think a supposed loyal and trusted servant is going to help himself to things he shouldn't.

I don't think it's fair to call the mourners "howling animals" but yes she was quite distracted. :)
It's disgraceful IMO that Burrell would trick his employer and soverign of many years. I wish he could just crawl back into his hole and dissapear from the public eye.

We should try to keep this thread to the topic of the allegations made by Paul Burrell's brother-in-law.
Discussion of the events immediately following Diana's death can be discussed in The Queen and Diana's Death thread and posts have been moved there.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator

I would imagine HM was very distracted at the time of this meeting. She had just lost an ex daughter in law, mother to her beloved grandchildren, had to contend with howling animals outside her gates, spiteful and intrusive demands from the media. At a time like this, I am sure HM wasn't thinking straight and who would ever think a supposed loyal and trusted servant is going to help himself to things he shouldn't.

I still wonder what he did with the stuff he took after her death. His former bodyguard, at the time of the Inquest, told Burrell had burned notes, letters and other personal writings. I've always asked myself what it could have been.

Last edited:
I still wonder what he did with the stuff he took after her death. His former bodyguard, at the time of the Inquest, told Burrell had burned notes, letters and other personal writings. I've always asked myself what it could have been.
Just keep watching ebay! :D There are very many people about who would be willing to enter into private negotiations to 'own' something of Diana's and they are not too worried about where or how it was obtained. :flowers: The paperwork could be anything from love letters to and from various men friends, Diana's plans, journals, perhaps it is better if we never know.:flowers:

Anyway with her uprbringing, it was really hard to imagine that Diana would have bedded her bulter whatever the circumstances.

Given that she had it off with at least one of her bodyguards, I'd say you're pretty wide of the mark.

it is deeply sad that his relationship with Prince William and Prince Harry suffered...which is beyond sad, imo. I still hope for some sort of olive branch on the Princes' part because Paul was/is all for them.

If he really were 'all for them', one would imagine that he wouldn't have spent the last ten years dragging their mother's name through the mud.

Just keep watching ebay! :D There are very many people about who would be willing to enter into private negotiations to 'own' something of Diana's and they are not too worried about where or how it was obtained. :flowers: The paperwork could be anything from love letters to and from various men friends, Diana's plans, journals, perhaps it is better if we never know.:flowers:

Curiosity may certainly be the most terrible vice of people but even if it wouldn't change much today, it would be interesting to know what these letters were about. I can't see the point of burning personal things except if they are disturbing to some persons.

That allegation has not been proved. She seemed to depend on him for emotional support, but there are only rumours about an actual sexual affair.
Given that she had it off with at least one of her bodyguards, I'd say you're pretty wide of the mark.
This I totally agree with!:flowers:
If he really were 'all for them', one would imagine that he wouldn't have spent the last ten years dragging their mother's name through the mud.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curiosity may certainly be the most terrible vice of people but even if it wouldn't change much today, it would be interesting to know what these letters were about. I can't see the point of burning personal things except if they are disturbing to some persons.
They were probably secrets that could do a lot of damage, and the trouble is that someone invariably gets hurt.:flowers:

They were probably secrets that could do a lot of damage, and the trouble is that someone invariably gets hurt.:flowers:
Which always makes me wonder. Wasn't it said that Princess Beatrice burnt many of QV letters?

Princess Beatrice was supposed to have "edited" her mother's diaries. Yes, it does make one wonder.

Which always makes me wonder. Wasn't it said that Princess Beatrice burnt many of QV letters?

Back
Top Bottom