Diana, Princess of Wales: Visit to Bosnia - August 1997

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank You for posting that article, roseroyal. The late Princess of Wales did so many extraordinary things while she was here with us and she was about to go on to do even more great things. She left us too soon.

That was a great article. Knowing what we know now the last photo is very eerie.

Thank you for sharing, RoseRoyal. This is a great articles. I wonder how many trips like this, Diana would have done if she had not died.

That was a great article. Knowing what we know now the last photo is very eerie.

Do you mean the one walking among the graves? If so, I agree. How's this for eerie? 3 days before she was killed Diana visited the grave of Princess Grace, who was killed in a car crash. Her funeral in 1982 was Diana's first solo royal engagement.

Thank you for sharing, RoseRoyal. This is a great articles. I wonder how many trips like this, Diana would have done if she had not died.
An endless number, for her love was endless.

roseroyal;1458709[URL said:
http://www.princess-diana-remembered.com/uploads/5/3/3/5/5335384/majesty_october_1997-004.jpg[/URL]
:heart2:
@ Daria- Don't you just love the photo of Diana holding the sevelerly handicapped child? It is so her, and I can so see S/RH doing that in less than a heartbeat, and like Diana, not caring one bit about the dirt and filth, the urine, or the smell.;)

I don't know if it's true but I once heard that Prince Charles had asked Diana to accompany him for a trip to Africa in 1997. Do anyone know anything about that?

I don't know if it's true but I once heard that Prince Charles had asked Diana to accompany him for a trip to Africa in 1997. Do anyone know anything about that?
It was Wales, not Africa. He took Harry to Africa.;)

Oh I see. I thought that was very nice of him. I wonder what was the purpose of the trip? Thanks for letting know, roseroyal.

Oh I see. I thought that was very nice of him. I wonder what was the purpose of the trip? Thanks for letting know, roseroyal.
The decommissioning UK tour of HMRY Britannia.

Does anyone know the source of the story about Charles asking Diana to go on a trip to Wales? It's new to me, and I'm wondering where it came from.

Oh okay. You know that just make me smile. After all they had been through together, they wanted to come together for that.

The whole royal family was filled with emotion at the decommissioning ceremony. I know Charles had to be thinking about Diana and the good times they shared on Britannia.

I didn't know that myself, Mermaid1962. I know I heard that Charles had asked Diana to go somewhere with him in 1997. I thought it was Africa. I think I heard about this from one of the royal correspondents several years ago.

Does anyone know the source of the story about Charles asking Diana to go on a trip to Wales? It's new to me, and I'm wondering where it came from.
I believe A Royal Duty by Paul Burrell. Could be wrong though...:ermm:
I read about Harry's trip to Africa with Charles in multiple books.

Last edited:
I do know that the late Princess of Wales was going to team up with President Clinton and President Nelson Mandela on the fight aganist aids in Africa.

I just can't believe the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fund will be closing at the end of this year. Somebody have to do something about that. I don't know if William & Harry is planning to do something. Or at least a foundation should be established in her name. I really like the whole idea of the Princess Grace Foundation.

I do know that the late Princess of Wales was going to team up with President Clinton and President Nelson Mandela on the fight aganist aids in Africa.*1

I just can't believe the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fund will be closing at the end of this year. Somebody have to do something about that. I don't know if William & Harry is planning to do something. Or at least a foundation should be established in her name. I really like the whole idea of the Princess Grace Foundation.*2
*1- She would have been a wonderful support to that cause. I know Prince Harry has taken it up.
*2- What a shame. Perhaps there can be a hospice, children's hospital,nursing home, AIDS clinic, or homeless shelter started in her name. The Princess would love that, and it seems to me the most appropriate form of tribute to a woman who spent her whole life helping the less fortunate.

@ Mermaid- You are welcome! ARD is a wonderful book. If not there, I think it might be in Diana: The Last Word by Simone Simmons.

Last edited:
roseroyal said:
@ Daria- Don't you just love the photo of Diana holding the sevelerly handicapped child? It is so her, and I can so see S/RH doing that in less than a heartbeat, and like Diana, not caring one bit about the dirt and filth, the urine, or the smell.;)

The link you provided is showing up as an error message :bang:, but I do agree one hundred percent with what you said; all the filth can be washed off, but the handprint on one's heart due to love cannot, and that's what counts.

The link you provided is showing up as an error message :bang:, but I do agree one hundred percent with what you said; all the filth can be washed off, but the handprint on one's heart due to love cannot, and that's what counts.
@ Daria- Try this- let me know if it works- it does for me- third link down- if not- I will repost it!;)
* If the link above does not work, try this one:
http://www.princess-diana-remembered.com/uploads/5/3/3/5/5335384/majesty_october_1997-004.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you so much :flowers:! It works now. That is such a touching picture, but very much in character for the late Princess. She had no fear of things that others may have found unpleasant or beneath them.
I know- it is so her. Iv'e seen similiar images years after that one was taken- of Wills and Harry doing the same sort of thing, and I know I've said it before- will say it again- can imagine RH/S. doing the same, and like Diana with no fear.:flowers:;)

I know- it is so her. Iv'e seen similiar images years after that one was taken- of Wills and Harry doing the same sort of thing, and I know I've said it before- will say it again- can imagine RH/S. doing the same, and like Diana with no fear.:flowers:;)

In complete agreement.

They say a picture says 1000 words- this speaks to how special Diana was.

I agree, Diana was very special. She comforted this lady in her time of grief just before the world would gather to comfort each other to mourn her passing.

That does make it extra poignant.

Back
Top Bottom