Diana, Princess of Wales Picture Thread 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They probably go into archives as they are copyrighted images but considering the sheer volume of photographs that the Photo Agencies hold on every event that happens in the world, they would be a lot less accessable as time passes.

Book publishers wouldn't be inclined to spend time delving through the hundreds of thousands of Diana photographs as it would be much easier and therefore cheaper to find and take them off the top shelf, so to speak. Only dedicated archivists and researchers would have the time to seek out the rare and interesting forgotten or overlooked images.

What made some images of her so common in the first place? Yes, some of these are really good, but some lesser known ones are just as good. Thanks for the explanations, I'm learning a lot.

I guess that some pictures where used a lot more often to illustrate an article or a cover for example and that's why a few are really well known and others forgotten. But if you like those rare ones keep looking closely on internet, you'll find hundreds if not thousands of pictures you've rarely, if ever, seen of her ;).

I have defintely seen some new ones on here. I do wish they would publish the rarer ones of her, but money rules everything in life and book publishing. I agree the older books are a good source of rare photos, particularly 1980s books.

I think the best ones are of Diana and Charles when the were first married. I love to find pictues of them on the beach looking so in love ....she was so breath taking...any picture of her is a good one...even the bad ones....lol
http://img111.imageshack.us/img111/7...eislandxr6.jpg

Last edited:
I've never seen that picture- is that from the time there was the scandal about her photographed pregnant with William in a bikini by photographers who shouldn't have been there? They do look very in love- I believe Diana was, and obviously earlier on in their marriage, Charles was trying harder, because I believe he tried- until as he said, things fell apart. I like photos of Diana from the mid-late 80s best- so many rare ones, particularly in evening gowns.

I am not sure when this picture was taken but it is very nice to see them so young and in love and happy. These like i said are my fav!!!!!!!!!

I am not sure when this picture was taken but it is very nice to see them so young and in love and happy. These like i said are my fav!!!!!!!!!

The picture of Charles and Diana was taken in 1982 when Diana was pregnant with Prince William.

That's what I thought. There was a scandal at the time surrounding these photos as I think they were taken secretly by paparazzi and then sold. They do capture on a private occasion though the love Diana and Charles obviously had early on. Diana is said to have once said ( and I can't recall to whom, in what context or what book quotes this) that if anyone truly doubted she and Charles were in love in the early days of their marriage, that if people could read the private letters they wrote to each other they would know they were truly in love. Well, all you have to do is look at photos like this one that I hadn't seen before.

If I remember correctly, Diana was supposed to have said this to Ingrid Seward.

Diana is said to have once said ( and I can't recall to whom, in what context or what book quotes this) that if anyone truly doubted she and Charles were in love in the early days of their marriage, that if people could read the private letters they wrote to each other they would know they were truly in love.

The picture taken in 1989 with Prince Harry is sweet. Looks like Diana was having a "bad hair day.":flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah she probably was. I still wonder what was going through a lot people's minds during the 80s fashions.

I was my 20s at the time, and there was a lot that didn't appeal to me then and looks even worse in retrospect.:lol: I did like pumps with matching hose, but not in bright colours. I did the white shoes and hose thing in the early 80s; a lot of girls my age followed Diana that way. I liked the small envelope-style bags with matching shoes, too. I wore dirndle skirts during the late 70s and early 80s, but I like the A-lines that are in style much more. They suit my 40+ figure much better as well. But there were some 80 styles that I wouldn't have worn if I were paid to: the neon colours, the dancer-warm-up leggings, the cut-off ts, the drop-shoulder sweaters, the floral pants, etc. Still, I have a lot of nostalgia about the 80s. :flowers:

Yeah she probably was. I still wonder what was going through a lot people's minds during the 80s fashions.

Mermaid, we might have been little Diana clones back in the day!

I tried to emulate her, but some things just never grabbed me... like the little polka-dotted anklets worn with high heels, or bubble skirts. And I'm sure that since I'm very short all my Diana looks were fashion don'ts.

The polka dotted socks with the high-heels were The Worst! They never tempted me, either. :lol: I'm 5'4" but was always full-busted, even when I was slim. I shudder now at some of those wide-belted outfits with the big skirts that I used to wear. Diana had something almost like "the New Look" in her early days--big skirts, obvious waists. In Princess Margaret's day, a smaller woman could get away with that--but not in the 1980s!:lol: We women who were there should have t-shirts reading "I survived 80s fashion"!:ROFLMAO:

Do you remember the yellow and black coat, with matching asymmetrical hat? I think she wore it in Berlin. I called it the Bumblebee Outfit... and I'm so glad I restrained myself.

I didn't dislike the yellow and black coat and hat as much as I disliked the green and black Emmanual outfit worn in Italy.

That was another what-was-she-thinking outfit. If the sleeves were a tad shorter and the hat were more, ummm, normal, it would have been okay.

I didn't dislike the yellow and black coat and hat as much as I disliked the green and black Emmanual outfit worn in Italy.

Well the 80s are making a comeback so beware!

I have to say that I love the photo of Diana in the South of France swimming in the ocean.

I hate it when people publish the same images of her over and over though- there are rarer photos of her at official events etc and some of these I've only seen in a few places. Sure, some images are iconic, but I like the more rare photos, esp. of her at evening events in the 1980s, early 1990s.
Hi Grace, That is exactly how i think about it. Nowadays everybody uses the same pics of her, almost all of them made in 1997. I also like her the most in the 80's and the very early 90's.
This poster was very lucky to meet and snap a photo of the Princess.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=485421&postcount=27
I am so happy for you that you meet her like that. Such a sweet saying she had for you. I must have gone crazy.
Thank you for sharing the pic!

No, I didn't take that picture, though I wish I did. That photo was taken while I was still in diapers.

in sirhon's post #161, the very first photo is fantastic. that look would be great even today. she looked amazing. once she was allowed to start doing her own thing, clotheswise, she could hit the mark everytime.

In that picture Diana looks like she would fit right in on Park Ave. I agree Duchess her outfit and even her bag looks very current.

I agree Mermaid, seeing the portrait surprised me. If I was in her shoes I'd feel uncomfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom