Diana and James Hewitt

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hewitt was a part of the boys' lives, too. They spent a lot of time together. We can't pretend to imagine what William & Harry think about Hewitt. They might have fond memories of him.

I've always tended to defend Hewitt, but this does sound a bit over the top. I want to see it though; it might be interesting. I hope there are no explicit sex scenes. :eek: Eeek.

I am a little like you, trying to see the good sides of him but I must say he has gone again too far. I agree that Hewitt and the boys must have had fun because Diana wouldn't have been in a so long relationship if Princes William and Harry didn't like him.

I hope too that there aren't explicit sex scenes but I'm afraid will have to go through it ... This proves once again that he is no gentleman :neutral:

"There's a rather racy bedroom scene which is meant to be the very first time he stayed at Kensington Palace with her."

James Hewitt is very charming and likeable. It is not hard to see why Diana or her sons enjoyed his company yet he continues to exploit his intimate memories with someone who is not her to defend herself. A true gentleman doesn't talk about his love life for profit and personal publicity. It's not like we all don't know the sordid details already...what's the point in rehashing old tabloid fodder?

Well, I think we knew that the 10th anniversary of Diana's death was going to be a good opportunity - possibly the last opportunity - for certain people and media outlets to cash in, but the reality is turning out to be quite depressing, one way and another. I suppose it was inevitable that James Hewitt would be in the thick of it.

A true gentleman doesn't talk about his love life for profit and personal publicity. It's not like we all don't know the sordid details already...what's the point in rehashing old tabloid fodder?

I have a different attitude, and I'm going to defend him again.

The story of his life is inextricably interwoven with hers and I don't see why he shouldn't talk about her. Diana sought him out, Diana initiated the affair, Diana wrote him letters, Diana sent him food parcels in Iraq, Diana spent weekends with him at his mother's home, and Diana loved him and he loved her. It was a long relationship that gave them both happiness at a time when she was very unhappy in her personal life. He made her happy and gave her something to look forward to.

The relationship between Hewitt and Diana was much more than sex. They were friends, and companions, and and he can provide us with an insight into a Diana in a way that no-one else can, and certainly into an important part of her life that no-one else was privy to.

I don't see why he should be required to keep this important part of his life a secret, simply because a gentleman isn't supposed to talk about his love life. Well a lady, especially one who is in line to be Queen, isn't supposed to have affairs, but Diana did, and everyone in Royal circles knew. Diana didn't want Hewitt talking about it because the affair becoming public would have disadvantaged her. It should be noted that at one stage Diana wanted him to talk to one of her pet newspaper people, but he spoke to someone else.

William and Harry certainly knew about the relationship, so Hewitt writing about it now isn't going to come as a shock to them. They are both grown men now, not children of tender years who will be scarred by the revelation that their golden goddess of a mother was less than perfect.

Hewitt was significantly disadvantaged by the relationship. He lost his career, was labelled as a cad, was a social outcast and has been very short of money. I enjoyed reading "Love And War" and see nothing at all wrong with him writing it. He admits he made a huge mistake co-operating with Anna Pasternack on the other book (which I have not read) and wanted to pull out of it but was powerless to do so because the contract was with Pasternack and the publisher not between him and the publisher.

I am always very interested in autobiographies, for they give us the opportunity to get into someone else's mind and find out how they view things and how the feel/felt. Hewitt is a primary source and valuable for that reason alone.

I hope the film is not sleazy. I agree it might not be in the best of taste to make it, but, as long as it is not sleazy and sensational I won't condemn him for making it. In this regard I reserve my rights till I've seen it! Diana's dead and can't be disadvantaged by it and her children are adults. If her reputation is affected by it, too bad. If she hadn't had affairs there would be no risk of them being documented, and if she hadn't claimed the moral high ground she'd have less distance to fall.

Last edited:
My grandmother always said that gentlemen do not kiss and tell. I am sure that most women, Diana included would not want their private moments shared out to the world.

My grandmother always said that gentlemen do not kiss and tell. I am sure that most women, Diana included would not want their private moments shared out to the world.

I'm assuming you mean private moments as opposed to intimate moments. I hope there are no really intimate moments depicted in the film, and I reserve the right generally to get furious with Hewitt if the film is too personal. But having said that, I think public figures and those who become famous, particularly if they have had an interesting life, particularly one of power or influence, should half expect someone to write a book or make a film about their lives, and those books or films are likely to contain details of their private moments.

Diana said herself in the Martin Bashir interview James' book bothered her. Had Diana gushed that it was spot on and delightful, then I would feel differently. Diana said herself in the same interview, she was "let down" by Hewitt.

Why can't James find something else to do with his life rather than profit from a ghost? Others have moved on and creatively cashed in on their association with Diana with at least some modicum of dignity. James makes Paul Burrell's adventures on "reality television" and "lifestyle products" seem almost tame and trivial by comparison.....

Diana said herself in the Martin Bashir interview James' book bothered her. Had Diana gushed that it was spot on and delightful, then I would feel differently.

But that wasn't James' book; that was Anna Pasternack's book, and James refers to his involvement with it as the greatest mistake of his life. His own book wasn't published until 1999.

Diana said herself in the same interview, she was "let down" by Hewitt.

She could have been referring to a number of things. She also felt "let down" by him when he went overseas with his regiment; she wanted him to stay near her.

Why can't James find something else to do with his life rather than profit from a ghost?

I, too, wish he would find something else to do.

Diana said herself in the Martin Bashir interview James' book bothered her. Had Diana gushed that it was spot on and delightful, then I would feel differently. Diana said herself in the same interview, she was "let down" by Hewitt.

Yes but like many thing she has said, you can't rely a 100% on it. It was proven that Diana could lie if she was on pressure or was in the 'victim' mood. But I can't deny that a book like that would have bothered me. It's private and for someone like Diana who was perhaps the celebrity with the less privacy, having this published was a terrible betrayal. Even if he called her to say : "I didn't mean it, I'm sorry, etc." How could you forgive this ?! Their whole story was made public, for everyone to read. Imagine the day following the release, you have an engagement somewhere, how can you cope with all people looking at you after reading what's in the book ?

I clearly wouldn't want her life, that's for sure.

Some of the most prolific authors fictionalize the truth in oblique novel form so as to present the facts in a way that doesn't create an undue focus on the primary subject. I once read a book by Anne Edwards (she has written many royal bios) depicting the Duchess of Windsor in a very gaudy way. Perhaps that book was pure fact but the impact was softened by calling it a "work of Fiction"...

James Hewitt is in a particular sticky situation where he doesn't really have much income producing means other than his relationship with Diana. The methods, such as the retro hypnosis that was broadcast here in the States (ironically 2 years ago on this very day! on the tabloid show "Inside Edition"), he uses for publicity are not dignified or noble.

As much as I adore Diana and the fact she didn't curl up and hide from the public when it would have been easier for her to do so, there comes a time when we must respect her sons are now men with their own royal agendas and a time to let Diana rest in peace. The impact of such a project from James Hewitt will not be something her sons will appreciate and admire.

I share the opinion expressed by many, James Hewitt is no gentleman. His conduct has been a disgrace. He should simply vanish, exile himself... as far as possible. Never to be heard again....

I get the idea from many times I have seen James Hewitt interviewed that he gets his jollies from the media attention....and he has an axe to grind...or he would have been more discreet and flattering.

Think about it. Diana had several "admirers" but they don't resurface every so often to make a few quid off her. Only James does...

Just found this video. Sorry, it's only in italian but it shows Hewitt making the casting to find the one who will play Diana. You can also see a little of the film :

ANTEPRIMA VIDEO! DIANA: LA VERSIONE HEWITT | Sei di Moda

This idea is kind of making me sick .... :sad:. Poor Diana....

Last edited:
Sounds like he is being given enough rope to hang himself.

What's going to happen is one day he will cross the paths with William or Harry..and it won't be a pleasant scene. Oh, to be a fly on that wall.......

Sounds like he is being given enough rope to hang himself.

What's going to happen is one day he will cross the paths with William or Harry..and it won't be a pleasant scene. Oh, to be a fly on that wall.......

I don't believe in spirit or ghost but god, I wish hers could be here to curse him to death !

Oh come on, the man's making money from a relationship. It's only the same as alimony.

Oh come on, the man's making money from a relationship. It's only the same as alimony.

BeatrixFan, I'm actually dead laughing at the reading of your post :ROFLMAO:. Nice comparison, my compliments :D.

Yes, but this is a sainted dead royal with living family ready to take up the gauntlet of what is left of her honor. My criteria is when assessing such endeavors is simply "Would this make the Queem Mum reach for another Gin?" If it did, I would not pursure it. Very simple.

Nice comparison, my compliments.

I thank you.

My criteria is when assessing such endeavors is simply "Would this make the Queen Mum reach for another Gin?"

Well yes. I mean, nobody wants to read stories that are too personal but I don't think it hurts to hear different sides to people or to remember that if one is dead one must have had a past and that that past can't really be swept under the carpet.

Well yes. I mean, nobody wants to read stories that are too personal but I don't think it hurts to hear different sides to people or to remember that if one is dead one must have had a past and that that past can't really be swept under the carpet.

I agree. What I don't understand with Hewitt is that he has done interviews, books where he fully explains he's relationship with Diana (IMO a bit too much. I would want to keep some memories to myself, just to know that I'm the only with her to remember.) but why this film ? Most of the fiction made of Diana is so silly and ridiculous. I believe he wants to entertain his 'rat' image :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
BeatrixFan, I'm actually dead laughing at the reading of your post :ROFLMAO:. Nice comparison, my compliments :D.

Hell has no fury like a spurned lover -- male or female. Now if only Charles would spurn Camilla, we'd get a sensational Best Seller to entertain us.

I believe he wants to entertain his 'rat' image

Of course he does, it hasn't seen him go without the pennies till now, why should a film do anything other than provide the pounds? Let's face it, the press call him a rat but they still pay him thousands to hear what he has to say.

Of course he does, it hasn't seen him go without the pennies till now, why should a film do anything other than provide the pounds? Let's face it, the press call him a rat but they still pay him thousands to hear what he has to say.

I couldn't more agree ! Their motives, both press and Hewitt's, are exclusively financial. The excuse of "showing the truth" is so poor :rolleyes:. Honestly I don't care about his truth or what he has done under the covers with Diana, so to speak. I wonder if he has already heard what "dignity" means ... :neutral:

Dignity doesn't keep one in whisky and golf clubs.

With all the rich women out there and his supposed "charms", can't he find another object of his affection? One that can take him shopping and keep him entertained? One that breathes and has a pulse???

I would think he would have learned from his princess that it's not healthy to make any of Her Majesty's family look less than perfect unless, of course, those wanting the princess to look less than glam are encouraging this film.

Is Mr. Hewitt making an "ardent" attempt here??? Hmmmm?

Don't see the resemblance

James Hewitt & Prince Harry

I don't think they look alike. He looks like Diana and Charles and the extended family.

kathy

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry has the Spencer red hair, he's the boy version of his aunt Sarah. Hewitt is a jerk who needs to go way Harry is NOT his child but even if he were he should just keep his mouth shut let Harry the young adult live his life.:cool: dosen't say much about Hewittless caring baby daddy image.
Wittykitty
P.S the book the Earl did on the history on the family the "Spencers" is very good lot's of information and pictures.

Just to remind, Hewitt has never claimed to be Harry's father. Yes, he has changed his version of when he had seen Diana for the first time but I have never heard him say :"I'm Harry's father".

The show (here in America) that featured a snippet of the British show (I have forgotten the name of the British show) was "Inside Edition"....

I am sure there are people so traumatised by life that regression-hypnosis has been utilized in clinical settings to uncover abuse or other events to painful to recall in a conscious state.

Well, yes, I'm sure there are, but why would the start of his affair with Diana count as abuse or an event so painful that his conscious mind has blocked it out? I mean, what an insult to Diana that would be, for one thing.

I suppose it's superfluous to say that this whole business doesn't make a particle of sense...:nonono:

I can't believe this thread is still going on. After seeing photos of the Memorial Service, it is so obvious that Harry is a Spencer and a Wales. If I am to understand this correctly--the idea here is that Harry must be Hewitt's son because they both have red hair? THat's the basis for this? We don't have anything else to base it on--excuse me, that is besides Hewitt's "remembering" that he met The Princess earlier than he said he did. If one looks at photos of Harry and Hewitt side by side--the only thing there is the hair. If that is the logic, then perhaps Harry is really Sarah Ferguson's son and Charles had an affair with her, too! I've seen photos of Harry with his father and I think they resemble each other and there is no doubt about it. ALSO, don't you think that if Diana were having an affair and then she got pregnant that someone who watched her in the palace wouldn't have let it slip and there would have been an immediate paternity test?
JMHO.
Also, Laura Parker-Bowles Lopes keeps her ears covered--yet I don't hear anyone suggesting that she might have Charles' ears so she must be his love child. AND Tom Parker-Bowles has dark hair--could it be? Is Tom really Charles's oldest child and that is why the bonds between Charles and Camilla are so strong--because they have children together? is this why Andrew PB and Camilla divorced ?

Does everyone see how silly this all is or is just me?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom