Diana and James Hewitt

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, scandal and controversy always sell, and you'll never convince people who want to think badly of Diana that Harry is Charles's son. Of course it isn't helping that James Hewitt doesn't seem to be falling over himself to deny the rumours, but I suppose, like the tabloids, he has to make a living somehow.

misselle said:
Harry is not Hewitt's child.
I am so glad you were there at the moment of conception to be able to make such a statement.:rolleyes:
An age for age photographic comparison would be great, if it wasn't just a major search through to find similar or disimilar pictures. In the majority of pictures (to me and many other Brits, as evidenced by ysbels experience) Harry looks like Hewitt, the only reason he has the same eye movements and mannerisms is by association. A child copies the most consistant people in it's life, so it stands to reason that both boys would have picked up their Charles traits from Charles.

It is not a case of wanting to think badly of Diana, but if she hadn't had any affairs until after a formal separation, we would not be in any doubt as to who Harry's father is! (And no I am not wanting to go there Elspeth, but you brought it up)

vally said:
I seem to be confused. I am currently having exams at university and haven't logged- in for quite a while. Has the story concerning Hewitt and Harry ended? Or not yet?
Thank you in advance.

I have this sinking feeling that it's never going to end. It's sort of scandalous, which appeals to some people, and it puts Diana in a bad light, which also appears to some people.

I keep an open mind. Whoever his father is, he's still not proving to be up to much as a Prince.

AnitolaNova said:
http://www.billmckelvie.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/HarryHewitt.jpg

I'm not sure what to think. He does look a lot like James Hewitt. They even have the same nose.

Oh come on! This conversation has quite upseted me. I think it is a VERY serious thing the doubt of paternity and one has to have sustancial proof, not photos!. If the RF doesnt have doubts of this kind I think it is very rude for people that doesnt even know them to have them and discuss them.

Well considering, to me anyway, that he is a spitting image of Prince Phillip, there is no doubt in my mind who his father is.

I'm reading Love and War at the moment. Hewitt talks about the day he first saw Diana in 1981, the weekend before she got married. They didn't even talk that day. He says he didn't see her again till 5 years later at Buckingham Palace, when they first spoke. He was working on the military ceremonial procedure for the Household Division for Prince Andrew's wedding. They met again at a drinks party soon afterwards and it was there that she asked him if he would give her riding instruction. The next day her request was confirmed by lady in waiting Hazel West, who had been the hostess at the party, and Hewitt sought approval and it was given. He says the affair began some weeks later. I believe him.

Incidentally I am enjoying the book, which provides some interesting insights into Diana's views about her sons going into battle, and Harry's interest in soldiers and particularly tank commanders, from an early age.

I've also decided I like Hewitt.

Claims about James Hewitt and Prince Harry's paternity

I am so glad you were there at the moment of conception to be able to make such a statement.:rolleyes:
An age for age photographic comparison would be great, if it wasn't just a major search through to find similar or disimilar pictures. In the majority of pictures (to me and many other Brits, as evidenced by ysbels experience) Harry looks like Hewitt, the only reason he has the same eye movements and mannerisms is by association. A child copies the most consistant people in it's life, so it stands to reason that both boys would have picked up their Charles traits from Charles.

It is not a case of wanting to think badly of Diana, but if she hadn't had any affairs until after a formal separation, we would not be in any doubt as to who Harry's father is! (And no I am not wanting to go there Elspeth, but you brought it up)
Do you think that he looks at all like Sir Winston Churchill? From what I know of Sir Winson Churchill could be somewhat implusive.

I am positive that Harry is Charles' son. Unfortunately, silly rumours cannot go away. Good thing is that royal family ignores them. I wonder only how prince Harry feels about whole situation. I hope he just doesn't bother with silly gossip.

I think Harry looks a lot more like this fellow than Hewitt: http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2005/05/edwardmarinePA1005_450x380.jpg And no, I'm not suggesting this fellow is his father, just that there is a family resemblance, which can also be seen in more recent photos of Edward. This pic's good though because he is young and in uniform and he has hair.

I think Harry has this fellow's close-set, deep-set eyes, and when you look at the three photos in the Daily Mail article, his ears are more like this than Hewitt or Spencer ears.
http://www.jimmoranimages.co.uk/img/photos/news_prince.jpg

Last edited:
I think Harry is Charles' biological son. At first, I had no clue where the red hair came from, until I heard that it was a Spencer trait. I think Harry took more out of the Mountbattons than William or Charles did, as I think Charles looks very much like King George VI and the Duke of Windsor. Besides, this is just another slander to Diana's name, and I think that we should just leave it alone. Even if he's not Charles biological son, which I think he most certainly is, Charles has raised him from the moment he was born, and that it what a real father is.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I was once told that all royal babies are given a DNA test at the time of their birth, just in case. Though I don't see what the point would be. Let's just say for arguments sake that P. Harry is not P. Charles' biological son. He's Hewitts. So he doesn't have royal blood. Isn't a grandson to HM and so on. What would happen? Would the RF strip him of his titles and priviledges? Would he be outcast from royal circles? If anything ever happened to P. William and Harry was next in line to the throne would there be some reason not to crown him king? What could anyone do w/out stirring up a huge scandal and hurting many ppl? I'm sure there have been plenty of monarchs of "common blood" sitting on various thrones over the centuries. Back before all this modern technology. There have always been rumours about illegitimate royal children and there probably always will be. I'm sure some of these rumours were true. Some incredibly farfetched. I'm more inclined to believe that Ps. Eugenie is not P. Andrew's biological child but that of Steve Wyatt. I see alot of her in him as well as a resemblence to his socialite mother, Lynn Wyatt. But what's the point?

The only thing we know for sure, is that there is and will always be a question as to who Harry's biological father is.
There will never be any chance of anyone knowing, even if a DNA test was done, it would be said - 1. If it's reported to be Charles - The royals covered it up, 2. If it's Hewitt - The royals had the result falsified to further disgrace Diana.

I believe the father was Hewitt, after all, you don't meet a complete stranger, have a 15 minute conversation and ask them to teach you to ride. It is a little far fetched to believe that in all the years Diana and Hewitt were at the same polo fields, they never met or talked, until she, for some reason went to the barracks while he was working on a ceremonial procedure and conveniently, the same drinks party soon after! :rolleyes:

But, as I said nobody will ever know.

Looking at these pictures of Harry and Phillip, no one is going to tell me that they are not related.
I'll tell you I don't think they are related, you see one thing in two pictures you have found, others see Hewitt in pictures they have found! :rolleyes: The big but, as I said, nobody knows one way or the other.

Why don't peeple let it rest. Regardless who is his biological father, Harry still is prince Harry. In my opinion, Harry is more resembrance of prince Phillip.

This is 2007 and computer graphics and imaging are quite remarkable. I saw on an American show a pic of Hewitt doing the same expression that Harry is doing in another photograph and I thought for a minute that is quite remarkable there is a resemblance then the logic part of my brain kicked in and I thought again to myself, wait a minute anyone can take a picture copying someone elses expression. Look at celebrity impersonators! Maybe there are more but I have only seen one single photograph of this goofy expression that both have done at different times. And as I mentioned before with the computer imaging that can be done now days I don't trust many pics as much as I used to. In my opinion this is just talk and some people wanting a little attention this is not fact. But I will say this I suppose since we are talking about public figures it is supposed to be okay to make such accusations but in my opinion royal or not this is awful for Harry and Charles. Incredibly unfair to them! I wish that the press and Mr. Andersen that wrote the book would realize how unfair they are being to many. It is sad that some don't have that moral gut check inside them and that instead the attention and money wins out.

Remember when the news media morphed a picture of Diana into Sophie? I don't think that it's impossible for some Britons to have similar features/expressions, even though they aren't closely related (I think there was some distant familial relationship between Sophie and Diana).

A week or so ago, Joy Behar, one of the hosts of the American talk show The View, was talking about the gossip about Hewitt fathering Harry, and she claimed that even Harry was beginning to wonder about the truth -- she claimed Harry had even wanted to take a paternity test. (How sad for Harry if this is true. He shouldn't have to worry about this stuff.)

I hate to say it but I really do see a strong resemblance between Harry and Hewitt. They have identical smiles and the same small straight teeth, the same ruddy coloured cheeks and hair. Also, what are the odds of giving birth to a child who so strongly resembles your lover without it being his? She always said the relationship began after Harry was born but so many lies were told about that period in her life. I'm not saying I think for certain he's Hewitt's but I think there is a strong possibility.

I believe the father was Hewitt, after all, you don't meet a complete stranger, have a 15 minute conversation and ask them to teach you to ride. It is a little far fetched to believe that in all the years Diana and Hewitt were at the same polo fields, they never met or talked, until she, for some reason went to the barracks while he was working on a ceremonial procedure and conveniently, the same drinks party soon after! :rolleyes:

But, as I said nobody will ever know.

But what interests me: what do you think of "prince" Harry now? What if you meet him - how do you feel then? Does that change your attitude towards monarchy? or do you feel the polite way is to simply ignore it?Am just curious. :flowers:

I hate to say it but I really do see a strong resemblance between Harry and Hewitt. They have identical smiles and the same small straight teeth, the same ruddy coloured cheeks and hair. Also, what are the odds of giving birth to a child who so strongly resembles your lover without it being his? She always said the relationship began after Harry was born but so many lies were told about that period in her life. I'm not saying I think for certain he's Hewitt's but I think there is a strong possibility.

I think that only a DNA test will stop all of the rumours.The Queen,who had to suffer through accusations the Andrew wasn't Philip's son(really silly)has said it's too demeaning for Harry to go through the testing and doesn't want it done.

Last edited:
Harry is said to be like Charles in temperament,not just mannerisms;he's quieter,more reserved than William.
I agree with mannerisms part, however, thought said that William was the quiet one.
Anyone who right?

But what interests me: what do you think of "prince" Harry now? What if you meet him - how do you feel then? Does that change your attitude towards monarchy? or do you feel the polite way is to simply ignore it?Am just curious. :flowers:

Why on earth would a meeting with Harry change anyones attitude towards Monarchie?At all?He's one of the family,sure,but it would be very shallow to credit him alone for any attitude towards the institution.

Furthermore,I'm sure he's the PoW's son,and his alone.All the blabla and what more that's written is either by rags that like their sales more then any truth,or regular blabbermouthes that can't tell a peanut from a pineapple,even if it was spelled out for them.

Another piece of "evidence" that argues against Hewitt's paternity of Harry. Remember the old "squidygate" tape where Diana tells James Gilbey that she's afraid of getting pregnant by another man? I think it's unlikely that she would have raised the issue if it had already happened, or alternatively that she would have said that she had already been caught that way before.

I think it's just a bad coincidence for Harry that he's inherited the Spencer coloring, which can't be so uncommon in England.

I've heard(in interviews that Diana gave) that William is a little more out-going and willing to take on responsibilities while Harry is a bit more thoughtful(although by some of the things he's done I can understand why people think he's boisterous).

Looking at it from a historical point of view, it's important. It's sad for the kid and something of no real entertainment value.. No wonder he is dating that girl whose daddy has a bit of money, something to fall back on, no doubt, should he get disowned. . So on that note, I will assume Harry/Henry is Charles' kiddo, and that Henry/Harry is not gold-digging, and move on to the next thread, (in a moment). He will always be a ""Princling"" in the hearts of most of the general public anyway, no matter the lineage, with regaurds and apologies. No wonder Diana made those tapes and told the world how she had gotten assulted or fell or whatever when she was pregnant with Harry/Henry.. Mabey in her mind she thought a precentage of the public would accept and have empathy for Harry/Henry as well as herself and eventually forgive her for cheating. Harry/Henry was just born upon the world to face scrunity he can't help, and shouldn't have to endure, but he has taken quite well. Bringing up the possibility of false origin because of a few mishaps with the media and due to drug experimentation is not going to make him better for the worse.

Back
Top Bottom