Diana and James Hewitt

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why should he be ignored?

I can answer that in one word: Harry.

Every time Hewitt crawls out from under his rock with more smarmy innuendos, there is commentary in the papers questioning Harry's paternity.

It must be a nightmare for him despite the fact that he bears little resemblance to Hewitt today.

Than we have to agree to disagree on that point - I very believe he wanted to get it sold quitly and without fuss, because he needs money. Diana very much ruined his chances of getting adequat good jobs after she spilled the beans and freezed him out. That wasn't what he had to expect. In the 'normal' run of things they would have stayed amically and friendly even after a split. But Diana didn't play by the rules - in many ways - that's what brought the whole 'war of the wales' desaster on.

We're talking about a grown man here, Nice Nofret. He made the decision to get involved with a married woman and decided to spill the beans when the relationship ended. What they both did in the past was wrong, but Hewitt has acted like an *** in public for many years. He went on playing around with the media over Harry's paternity, which we know the rumor isn't true. He has done several interviews that were totally nonsense. Jame Hewitt has behaved horribly for a long time and he will not gain any sympathy from me. He could've went on living a nice quiet life somewhere and not dwell on the past like a decent human being, but he can't do that for too long.

If James Hewitt's life have been ruined, he did that to himself, IMO.

Well, we are also talking about a grown Woman with two small kidds, who decided to cheat on her husband ... and Hewitt wasn't the first with whom she cheated... - and she was indiscreet and had the Morton-Book written and than that Panorama-Interview !!!

Well, we are also talking about a grown Woman with two small kidds, who decided to cheat on her husband ... and Hewitt wasn't the first with whom she cheated... - and she was indiscreet and had the Morton-Book written and than that Panorama-Interview !!!

Right, that's why I said that they both did some wrong things. I'm not excusing Diana's behavior, but Hewitt has behaved badly since her passing, and has kept a untrue and hurtful rumor in the public arena for a long time. The past was hurtful, but one must get over it and move on.

Right, that's why I said that they both did some wrong things. I'm not excusing Diana's behavior, but Hewitt has behaved badly since her passing, and has kept a untrue and hurtful rumor in the public arena for a long time. The past was hurtful, but one must get over it and move on.
Well that's the problem isn't it? No one other than Diana and Harry's father was present when he was conceived so no one other than Diana can know for sure who his father is. Add to that the strong resemblance that many people can see between Harry and Hewitt and you have a question that will probaly never go away. It's very sad for Harry but I think these snidey comments about his parentage are going to dog him for the rest of his life.

Last edited:
Well that's the problem isn't it? No one other than Diana and Harry's father was present when he was conceived so no one other than Diana can know for sure who his father is. Add to that the strong resemblance that many people can see between Harry and Hewitt and you have a question that will probaly never go away. It's very sad for Harry but I think these snidey comments about his parentage are going to dog him for the rest of his life.

As Harry got older, sometimes I would have to do a double take looking at pictures because if Harry bears a strong resemblance to anyone, it is Charles. I'm thinking perhaps the Hewitt parentage rumors started solely because Harry inherited the Spencer ginger from his mother. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind who Harry's father is and I would bet my last candy cane that Harry has no doubts at all either.

When a marriage has hit rock bottom and there is no hope for the relationship to ever get on solid footing again, those involved that are trying to find their footing as "married singles" (as a marriage counselor I knew once referred to people in this situation) often can do some crazy things they'd never thought they'd do. What happened between Diana and James Hewitt was the right thing for them to do at the time and they both went into it with eyes wide open.

Life is about choices we make and its the effects from these choices that define our future paths. Unfortunately for Hewitt, he chose to be involved with a very high profile woman who had captivated the public interest in her private life and still has quite a following even to this day. To quote an old saying, "Love is blind but the neighbors ain't" applies here to Hewitt as his involvement with Diana will never, ever totally go away.

There's no doubt Harry is the son of Charles. There's likenesses that can be seen in several members of the family.

It's cruel for the media (all forms) to speculate otherwise. How do these people sleep at night?

LaRae

There's no doubt Harry is the son of Charles. There's likenesses that can be seen in several members of the family.

It's cruel for the media (all forms) to speculate otherwise. How do these people sleep at night?

LaRae

They don't.

They sleep in coffins in their basements during the day.

Thanks, but...

You sound like a wonderfully decent human being.:)

I mainly just can't understand those who have such a deep interest in exposing, or reading about, other people's private business!

I'm sorry Hewitt has been so unsuccessful at making a go, financial or otherwise, of his life, despite having had many excellent opportunities to do so. There is no one alive or otherwise who will benefit from the publication of those letters except Hewitt. And there are plenty who will be hurt.

Those who think Diana deserves to be further exposed may be unaware that she is dead. And Charles and Camilla's reputations will not be enhanced, either.

LaRae

I agree but as we can see from all the posts it's not just the media who speculate. It's a shame we can't all grow up and stop this rot.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

As Harry got older, sometimes I would have to do a double take looking at pictures because if Harry bears a strong resemblance to anyone, it is Charles. I'm thinking perhaps the Hewitt parentage rumors started solely because Harry inherited the Spencer ginger from his mother. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind who Harry's father is and I would bet my last candy cane that Harry has no doubts at all either.

When a marriage has hit rock bottom and there is no hope for the relationship to ever get on solid footing again, those involved that are trying to find their footing as "married singles" (as a marriage counselor I knew once referred to people in this situation) often can do some crazy things they'd never thought they'd do. What happened between Diana and James Hewitt was the right thing for them to do at the time and they both went into it with eyes wide open.

Life is about choices we make and its the effects from these choices that define our future paths. Unfortunately for Hewitt, he chose to be involved with a very high profile woman who had captivated the public interest in her private life and still has quite a following even to this day. To quote an old saying, "Love is blind but the neighbors ain't" applies here to Hewitt as his involvement with Diana will never, ever totally go away.
I said many people see a resemblance not everyone. If you don't see it that's fine but other people do.

There was never any doubt that Harry is Charles's son. The speculations came from the media and James Hewitt carrying on the rumor. Take a good look at the Spencer's and one will see the strong family genes Harry carries.

There was never any doubt that Harry is Charles's son. The speculations came from the media and James Hewitt carrying on the rumor. Take a good look at the Spencer's and one will see the strong family genes Harry carries.

This is exactly what I have always thought. Common sense alone should tell us that speculation and rumour does not a fact make besides it being distasteful to talk of a person's paternity.

When did Hewitt carry on the rumour? Serious question. In two interviews - to the Mirror in 2002 and CNN in 2003 - he expressly denied the possibility that he could have been Harry's father.

I agree totally.

^ Hewitt appeared on a TV show in 2005 in which he was supposedly hypnotised. (I think the show was hosted by a man called Hale, from memory but I could be wrong.) James was obviously paid for that appearance.

During the 'hypnosis' he inferred that he and Diana had got together sexually in 1981/82. The dates, two years before Harry was born, gave the people who believe(d) that Harry was Hewitt's son a ton of ammunition..

At times in the past 30 years, especially when his finances were at a low ebb, Hewitt has played the 'I'm not telling when the romance began' card in the hope of financial reward and that people might think he's Harry's father.

It's not Diana's fault that James Hewitt hasn't been financially successful in life. Hewitt's reputation was shredded long ago and rightfully so, IMO.

Last edited:
Can anyone who notices Harry's growing bald spot in the exact same spot where Charles and William have theirs really doubt that he has the Windsor DNA?!:lol:;)

^ It's certainly growing as Charles's grew, however I think William's balding has a different pattern. He lost an awful lot from the front of his skull, while Charles and Harry still had/have quite a thickness at the front. :)

Incidentally, the three amigos photographed together. I think it's the only photo of the three of them.

thesuntw5.jpg Photo by dianafromheretoeternity | Photobucket

I could see Harry doing the "shave it all off ". Don't think he will do the comb over

Than we have to agree to disagree on that point - I very [much] believe he wanted to get it sold quietly and without fuss, because he needs money. Diana very much ruined his chances of getting adequate good jobs after she spilled the beans and freezed him out. That wasn't what he had expected. In the 'normal' run of things they would have stayed amically and friendly even after a split. But Diana didn't play by the rules - in many ways - that's what brought the whole 'war of the wales' desaster on.

You have pretty much summed it up, Nice Nofret. :flowers: I agree.

I have two hunches regarding the vitriol that follows Hewitt: that he is an ever present reminder that Diana was as much an adulteress as Charles was an adulterer. As long as Hewitt breaths air, he confirms the uncomfortable fact that Diana was not a love-lorn newly-wed bereft of a husband she adored. Not in the least. Nor was she unlucky in love: Hewitt is clear evidence that Diana had her devoted companion (just like Charles) had she not thrown him over.

Second hunch is that the red hair, and the unfortunate resemblance, suggests something that must not be. I am reminded of the strange decision Diana made to share a story about Charles greeting the newly born Harry with a dismissive statement about the infant's red hair. I have trouble believing someone like Charles would do something like that, it's so superficial. Who does that with a child just born? But if there was a knowledge (or suspicion) that Diana was engaged in an affair with the red-headed Hewitt, can you imagine Charles' reaction to seeing red hair? I've never understood why Diana would tell such a story that was actually an extremely cruel story against her son Harry, who would one day hear (life being what it is) that tale. Why do that? What sub-text is in that story that would give Diana pleasure in telling it? That she had pulled a fast one on Charles and the BRF, which she was fast loathing? It's crossed my mind.

Except for this additional factoid: that Diana made a point of indicating that the time when Harry was conceived was particularly loving between she and Charles. She is deliberate in making that point while trying to make Charles out as a jerk. It's a curious insistence imo, as Diana admits, and those who were a witness to that time agree, that in the latter part of the pregnancy the relationship between Charles and Diana was particularly problematic, and never recovered. Curious shift, so sudden. There's a sub-text here. I don't know what it is (though I have a hunch). It's there. What would 'irretrievably' break down a marriage beyond repair? I can think of one.

Even Penny Junor, an author that always defends Prince Charles, said that Hewitt was not on the scene in 1984 and was not the father of Prince Harry as was shown on the negative DNA test by the News of the World in 2003.

As best as I can determine the News of the World story is a non-story. It never happened because it was foiled by one account. But the rumor persists because Penny Junor stating it as fact in an article has given the fabulation legs. (The newspaper is defunct so cannot fight back). The fact that Harry resembles the Spencers simply confirms that Diana was Harry's mother, nothing more. That Penny Junor would defend Charles (and Harry) is not a surprise. (Though one other possibility is that the BRF has done a DNA test, which they would never admit to publicly, of course, and the results were clear that Charles is Harry's father, and Junor just used the NotW story as more easy to reference).

When did Hewitt carry on the rumour? Serious question. In two interviews - to the Mirror in 2002 and CNN in 2003 - he expressly denied the possibility that he could have been Harry's father.

Exactly so. :flowers: Thank you for bringing this up, Roslyn. Whenever there were serious questions of paternity, Hewitt was duly trotted out to make the denials. Hewitt has done his part only to get kicked endlessly. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Hewitt is inclined to give some push-back by this time. Hewitt is not royal. Why his life should be the business of others is a mystery to me. How powerful the reach of the royal touch remains in British society. Just an observation.

What puzzles me is how enflamed people can be about Hewitt's 'indiscretion' in talking about Diana, but the very same cannot muster one smidge of disapproval for the massive indiscretions of Diana, who (pretty much) single-handedly smeared the BRF with scandal across two decades (if we ignore Fergie). The disjunct is hard to ignore.

Last edited:
My point was to show that it was Diana who betrayed Hewitt when she cut him out without further communication. There was no betrayal by Hewitt initially, no matter what you think of Hewitt or his later actions.

IMO, based on reading the 2003 Larry King transcript, I think Diana broke off her relationship with Hewitt because the media had exposed her affair.

She wanted to be able to deny the affair.

This is when she turned to Morton to portray herself as a victim and deflect the spotlight away from her affairs to promote 'her story'.
It was a phenomenal success.

She had silenced her detractors and deliberately whitewashed her actions and completely failed to mention her five year affair with Hewitt in 'her story'.

In 1994, the media was again publicizing her affair with Hewitt and this time she used the television medium for her attempt to silence her critics but this time she wasn't as successful.

CNN.com

About Anna Pasternak's book he said;
I was asked by Diana to speak to journalists around the time of her divorce with Charles to try and paint a rather anodyne picture of our relationship and it didn't work. It backfired.

IMO, based on reading the 2003 Larry King transcript, I think Diana broke off her relationship with Hewitt because the media had exposed her affair. She wanted to be able to deny the affair. This is when she turned to Morton to portray herself as a victim and deflect the spotlight away from her affairs to promote 'her story'. It was a phenomenal success.

Exactly so! :flowers: Word for word you could be my mother on this score.

She had silenced her detractors and deliberately whitewashed her actions and completely failed to mention her five year affair with Hewitt in 'her story'.

Yep! :cool: She made it look like she was a distraught newly-wed, the 'lamb to the slaughter'. Were those her words at that juncture? People tend to forget why all these 'revelations' came tumbling out. Diana was in hot water.

In 1994, the media was again publicizing her affair with Hewitt and this time she used the television medium for her attempt to silence her critics but this time she wasn't as successful.

CNN.com

About Anna Pasternak's book he said: "I was asked by Diana to speak to journalists around the time of her divorce with Charles to try and paint a rather anodyne picture of our relationship and it didn't work. It backfired."

Excellent summation. :flowers:

The quote says it all. Hewitt did as he was told, he was loyal. It's gotten him nothing but kicks. :sad:

Last edited:
It's none of our business. If no one paid him any mind and refused to buy these things there would be no point in him putting them forth.

LaRae

In addition its sad when once again this moron pits his head up out of his whole this board gives him attention. This is nothing new and no new information yet everyone starts talking about him doing the same thing he talked about doing 20yrs ago.

In addition its sad when once again this moron pits his head up out of his whole this board gives him attention. This is nothing new and no new information yet everyone starts talking about him doing the same thing he talked about doing 20yrs ago.

Excellent post. I'm outta here I will follow happy threads for a while those that enjoy rehashing and those that "know " who did what to who while forgetting Charles had numerous affairs with married women in his life can continue

Excellent post. I'm outta here I will follow happy threads for a while those that enjoy rehashing and those that "know " who did what to who while forgetting Charles had numerous affairs with married women in his life can continue

I'm like you, i like to follow the rehashing and knowlegable stuff in the "happy" posts; too bad your post wasn't, because what you accuse people of in regards to Diana, you seem to do to Charles :flowers:

I've just had a look at what Ken Wharfe has to say about Hewitt in Closely Guarded Secret. I haven't read the whole book yet, but now I've had a taste I will read it.

Wharfe confirms that Diana "tried everything in her power" to stop Hewitt from accepting the posting to Germany in the autumn of 1989, even suggesting she raise the issue with his commanding officer. Hewitt was horrified at that prospect. Wharfe says (page 89, hard cover) that Diana felt that "the one man on whom she thought she could depend had betrayed her by accepting his move to Germany". "..without telling Hewitt, she resolved to end the affair. By this time she had already invited or encouraged the attentions of James Gilbey".

Wharfe says, "I am convinced that Diana believed that by allowing her affair to wane and die she was somehow adopting the moral high ground over her husband, who continued his liaison with Camilla Parker Bowles. She and Hewitt scarcely spoke for the rest of the year...". (That leads up to the "Squidgygate" conversation with Gilbey on 31.12.89 in which she mentioned having bought Hewitt's clothes.)

The documentary, "Diana: Story of a Princess - part 2", which can be found on youtube, records that when Diana found out about the existence of the "Squidgy" tapes, which at that stage had not been released, Diana cut off Gilbey. However about 12 months later rang Hewitt "out of the blue" when he was in Germany and asked if he was going to the Guft and he said he was and she said she'd like to see him before he went to the Gulf. (Wharfe confirms this.) They met at Highgrove, he stayed the night, and "so we took up where we'd left off, and this amazing affair was rekindled". She also re-established contact with Hewitt's family. When he was overseas, there was lots of correspondence. She wrote to him at least once a day while he was out there. She sent food parcels and Playboy magazines. In February 1991 Hewitt was mentioned in dispatches, and The News of the World published the story outing Diana and Hewitt. After that story, he was under constant media scrutiny and it was clear that the affair could not continue as it had. She stopped returning his calls, again. The documentary tells us that at this stage, worried about two damaging stories about her being published - Hewitt's affair and the Gilbey tapes - she determined to put out her story first.

Wharfe tells us (page 133) that after Hewitt returned from the Gulf, the affair was briefly rekindled, but that it was clear Diana's ardour had cooled but that it seemed Hewitt was still in love with Diana. Diana confided to Wharfe that she felt Hewitt was getting "too serious". He had been talking about spending the rest of their lives together. "This unnerved Diana, for the idea of giving up the trappings of royalty and her position to become an army wife was not a prospect that excited her at all." Hewitt went back to Germany for about six months and, when he got back, Diana had moved on and made a "'Dear John' phone call" to him.

Wharfe said (page 134) "After the affair ended, James seemed to lose all sense of perspective".

Last edited:
When you compare the eye-area of Harry to those of Prince Phillip and Charles and his nose to those of Princess Margret and the Queen - the paternity of Charles is for certain - otherwise it could only have been Edward or Andrew ;)

I don't know of any other affair of Charles after his marriage to Diana than that with Camilla ... afaik he staid true to her ever after. And even if he didn't was he clever enough not to blabb about it, or chose or treat them so badly, that the Lady would talk.

And as much as there where rumours about Prince Phillip - there is NO evidence and NO woman who ever said their where having an affair - only that DOE was flirting..

apart from that, I still feel, that what people do between the sheets is very much a privat business - and it shouldn't concern anyone else apart from those who are taking part or beeing partners (what ever) in that matter ...

Still, preferably children should have the benefit of not only calling their parents, 'mum' and 'dad' but actually beeing that biologically and mentally.

What I feel is that, had Hewitt truly been Harry's father, the press would have trumpeted that around the world! Just imagine the scoop it would be!

Because Harry does not live in a bubble; it would be very simple to get a DNA sample from a cup left in a pub or at a party.
Of course the media would never miss an opportunity like that!

If they haven't, it's because there is nothing to reveal, and Charles is Harry's biological father.

Back
Top Bottom