Diana and James Hewitt

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's sleazy and sleazy people do things like that.

it seems to me the sleazy people are the ones who wrote this play in the expectation (not unfounded) that it would raise a few quid, as well as set tongues wagging. :bang: If this play is allowed to go ahead, and sees the light of notoriety, then let it be reviewed for the fantasy it is and be done with it. One can only pity the late princess's sons for having their lives yet again brought into the public view in such an unfortunate way.:bang:

Why do you say it would be a "perilous undertaking" ? Do you still think that Harry might be Hewitt's son ? I don't think he is, but, if he were, the public deserved to know it as Harry is currently third in line to the throne.

There appears to be an iconic quality to Diana's memory. She is remembered as a great and good person. I may be wrong on this but that's my sense. :ermm:

However, if one does some significant reading on Diana one becomes aware that she was a very complicated person, made more complicated by the public perception of her at the time. In any lawsuit brought by Harry regarding this paternity issue (trying to prove that Hewitt is lying) I am certain the defense would bring forward the unpleasant fact that Diana herself spread a net of lies, not just sometimes but generally, and was lying about most things when she was trying to shake the scent off her own trail of misdeeds. Her own family members have conceded Diana's issues with the truth. Can't get more damning than that. In sum, a lawsuit would irreparably (and needlessly) damage Diana's 'good memory'. IMO.

Why would he sue, when he has already stated that he is sure the play is accurate?

I'm confused. Harry would be the one suing. Are you saying that Harry has said the play is accurate?

Sorry, but I don't believe Hewitt was a good and decent man who was deeply in love.
All evidence points to a man who was. He came forward at pivotal moments during Harry's growing up to verify a timeline that would put him out of consideration as Harry's father. Looked at through the lens of time it appears like he was called upon to make these disclaimers and did as asked. His suddenly speaking out (back then when he did so) made no sense within the context of the time except to beat back rumors at the time. That's loyalty. That's the mark of a good man, I think, a kind man, a gentle man. From what I get reading about Diana, she would not have had a man she stayed with for such a significant length of time be anything else than gentle and self-effacing and at her service.

A man like that would never have sold his love letters. (What kind of man does that, anyway?)

A man hurt. A man betrayed himself. Perhaps embittered. To go by the comments here, he has no one's good opinion (that matters to him) to lose. I don't fault him, but then, too, I take none of this personally. It's just human nature. Love does crazy things.

One can only pity the late princess's sons for having their lives yet again brought into the public view in such an unfortunate way.

Fact is our parents never leave us. Diana made choices that made a trail as long as wide in the public press. It's why I know so much about her. I'm sure they have both long since had to come to terms with their eccentric mother's peccadillos, as do we all. :sad:

Last edited:
I completely agree. She had my complete sympathy until the Hewitt story broke and I realized she had cheated too and lied about it.

The Morton book was Diana's downfall.

This play is getting it's "fifteen minutes of fame". For anyone in the Royal Family to comment would make it even bigger news than it already is. Harry resembles the Spencers in his colouring and the Windsors in his facial features and frame.

Princes William and Harry are young men now and should speak up to those who are impinging against their mother's character. Enough is Enough!!.

Last edited by a moderator:
She had my complete sympathy

She NEVER had mine.. she was always 'too good to be true', and so she proved.. a proven liar, and self publicist.

There were always the rumours--dating back to perhaps 1982--that Diana wasn't what she seemed. However, I'm generally someone who gives people the benefits of the doubt. Because I live in Canada, and there was no internet, we weren't as aware as people in Britain were about all the stories. My husband met both Charles and Diana in 1983 in Halifax, NS, and liked both of them. :flowers:

This play is getting it's "fifteen minutes of fame". For anyone in the Royal Family to comment would make it even bigger news than it already is. Harry resembles the Spencers in his colouring and the Windsors in his facial features and frame.

Why would he sue, when he has already stated that he is sure the play is accurate?

Sorry, but I don't believe Hewitt was a good and decent man who was deeply in love.
A man like that would never have sold his love letters. (What kind of man does that, anyway?)

I meant Prince Harry should sue

Princes William and Harry are young men now and should speak up to those who are impinging against their mother's character. Enough is Enough!!.
They would raise the ugliest of scandals that would make "The War of the Wales's" seem nothing less than a cautionary tale.

From the Prime Minister down through the Diplomatic and Civil Service, I believe a DNA test would have been demanded by TPTB. If a Prime Minister could force HM to act against her personal judgement at the time of Diana's death, I have no trouble seeing pressure being brought to bear to ensure the third in line to the throne really was the heir's son, in light of scandalous revelations. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they tested William as well!

Diana's may have made scandalouly public revelations about Hewitt in 'Diana Her True Story, but the shennanigans going on behind closed doors were certainly not a secret to both the BRF and, at the very least, her protection officers, for quite some time before that even went to press.

So yes, there is some wiggle room for Hewitt to make the statements that he has. It doesn't make them true and we cannot prove them wrong. Nevertheless, I do believe that Charles has two sons he adores.

In Diana, Sarah Bradford wrote:
Over the period from the summer of 1986 just before Hewitt left for a tour of duty with the army in Germany, their relationship restored Diana to a measure of health and happiness.

Ok James was treated badly by Diana...but good gracious mus he live off her for decade after decade. Get a life, get a girlfriend, get a boyfriend, get a dog....do something. Woman has been dead 17yrs, dumped you 22yrs ago and he still talks about her. Someone start a fund to get this mad therapy.
Poor Harry, I can't help but to blame Diana for doing this to him and having this cloud over his head for life. It does make me wonder if people are stupid to not realize that 1/2 of Harry's family are red heads. Also when Harry's hair is short he has prominent ears....wonder where that came from.

apart from his ears; have you notice is eyes are very close together, like Charles and Phillips eyes; In some pictures you see very much his father and grandfather in him. I think the cheekiness comes from Philip too

Harry resembles both his Spencer cousins AND James Hewitt so he could be getting his looks from both of them. It's an amazing and unfortunate coincidence that Diana picked a man who resembled her own family so very much. Personally I couldn't comment with any certainty about who his father is BUT if Charles is his father and Harry knows this for certain then I can't understand why he would allow people to say otherwise without threatening legal action. If people were saying that about me and my family and I knew it wasn't true there is no way I would put up with it.

Charles is Harry's father and James Hewitt isn't. If I was Charles, I would've knocked James out a long time ago.

Harry resembles both his Spencer cousins AND James Hewitt so he could be getting his looks from both of them. It's an amazing and unfortunate coincidence that Diana picked a man who resembled her own family so very much. Personally I couldn't comment with any certainty about who his father is BUT if Charles is his father and Harry knows this for certain then I can't understand why he would allow people to say otherwise without threatening legal action. If people were saying that about me and my family and I knew it wasn't true there is no way I would put up with it.

I don't think the RF has ever sued under any circumstances. I think they consider it undignified or something.

When Harry was little, it was possible to believe he might have been fathered by Hewitt, but as he aged it grew harder to trace any resemblance; it was mostly a matter of coloring.

(But as I've said before, I'm convinced the press has long since had Harry's DNA tested in hopes of unearthing a scandal. I simply can't imagine that they would fail to do this because they'd love to break such a story. The fact that they haven't indicates to me that Harry was proved to be Charles' son).

Harry's red hair is definitely Spencer red, not Hewitt red. Hewitt had dark red hair. The Spencers have fiery red hair.

Prince Harry is the spitting image of his father and paternal grandfather, and he even bears some resemblance with his great-great-grandmother, Queen Mary.

Diana was an adulteress and James Hewitt is nothing but a looser and a waste of human skin, but there's no question regarding Prince Harry's paternity.

Prince Harry is the spitting image of his father and paternal grandfather, and he even bears some resemblance with his great-great-grandmother, Queen Mary.

Diana was an adulteress and James Hewitt is nothing but a looser and a waste of human skin, but there's no question regarding Prince Harry's paternity.

Harsh. :sad: Reverse the roles. Would you feel the same if Diana were the man and Hewitt the woman in the scenario? Where would your outage reside then? I am betting with the man in the higher social position. Just a hunch.

Harsh. :sad: Reverse the roles. Would you feel the same if Diana were the man and Hewitt the woman in the scenario? Where would your outage reside then? I am betting with the man in the higher social position. Just a hunch.

Sadly, life can be harsh.

A change in positions doesn't change the fact that a woman who shares a bed with a man who is not her husband is an adulteress.

Sadly, life can be harsh.

A change in positions doesn't change the fact that a woman who shares a bed with a man who is not her husband is an adulteress.

You've side-stepped my question. :flowers:

But I'm not here for all this. Too depressing. Not my fight. Back to Monaco. :flowers: Dresses and jewels.

You've side-stepped my question. :flowers:

But I'm not here for all this. Too depressing. Not my fight. Back to Monaco. :flowers: Dresses and jewels.

I think my asnwer left clear that I think the woman's position doesn't change a thing. It does not not matter if it is the Princess of Wales or a maid, a woman who shares a bed with a man who's not her husband is an adulteress.

Yes. Also, a man who has sex with a woman who's not his wife is an adulterer. :flowers:

Yes. Also, a man who has sex with a woman who's not his wife is an adulterer. :flowers:

Of course he is.

But this a discussion about Diana and her lover, and also about Prince Harry's paternity. His father's adultery is irrelevant.

People are still questioning this? Lol. He looks more and more like his pa and paternal grandfather every time I see him.

"Political necessity is the mother of historical invention." --(Dr. I.V.S) So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

^ I doubt if Hewitt has much else to sell or publicise now, apart from scraps. I wish the DM would stop giving him headlines and let him crawl back under the rock from which he came.

Personally, I think the Daily Mail should stop hounding the poor man. :sad: He has rights. It was his life, too. Diana does not trump his life forevermore. It's this aspect of celebrity that annoys me. More people sell things than are generally known and why not? If Hewitt needs the money, a generous-hearted Diana (if she was that) would not fault him.

What he owns are historical, and if he can ease his retirement with the selling of them, so much the better. The more light shed on who Diana was the better imo. As for 'the palace', it's not their concern. :ermm:

:previous: I agree. They are his. He needs money so why not sell them. He and Diana had a five year relationship and it's no secret. His reputation has been shot to pieces already. He has little to lose. The letters don't seem to contain anything salacious, so why not sell them?

William will implode though! :D

:previous: I agree. They are his. He needs money so why not sell them. He and Diana had a five year relationship and it's no secret. His reputation has been shot to pieces already. He has little to lose. The letters don't seem to contain anything salacious, so why not sell them?

William will implode though! :D

If its a purely monetary attitude he takes re him and Diana then I see yr point - as long as he cuts out the drivel about how much he loved and revered her.

Its different re a letter from William as a child. That just makes him a complete **** in my opinion

If its a purely monetary attitude he takes re him and Diana then I see yr point - as long as he cuts out the drivel about how much he loved and revered her.

What right has anyone to make that kind of judgement? :ermm: He is saying his truth. How is it that you can call it 'drivel'? I don't get the animus for a man whose sole sin was to be Diana's companion longer than any other man. If there was 'drivel' spoken, it was Diana claiming she 'adored him' when she knew she had cut-him in the most cruel of ways. It's Diana who behaved like a cad, not Hewitt.

Its different re a letter from William as a child. That just makes him a complete **** in my opinion

Again, not your life, and not for you to say. IMO of course. :ermm:

The BRF pretty much calls the shots, I think we will all agree. How dare Hewitt not abide by what the BRF wants! :sad: He was trying to do the sale quietly. Blame the Daily Mail for wanting the story that would stir the pot yet some more, and batter a man already battered enough. It's pretty ugly.

Back
Top Bottom