Diana and James Hewitt

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can understand that people who appear in such a sloppy tell-all book want to sue the person who wrote/published it,nobody would like to be associated with such a product of wasted paper....if only ppl would stop buying that crap!
Than they would bring less profit and the publishing houses would produce less of them & we would be talking about nicely put together,well-written books instead.
Like Mario Testino´s book of photographs,it´s one of my favourite book about Princess Diana!She looked so natural,relaxed and comfortable in them and there was no big tiara or fancy clothes needed,only her magnificient charisma and personality shining through the images.

Diana seems to have had bad taste in men. but it may have been difficult for ordinary decent men to approach her. It took a 'cad" or a "rat" to do it, (words others have used here to describe Hewitt). What kind of confidantes did she have, that she could not have had more wisdom?

Well the lady certainly did not suffer from lack of male companionship- Gilbey, Hewitt, Carling, Hoare, Khan, Fayed amongst them.

Diana was searching for love and acceptance, something she never found. That sounds rather odd because she was beloved by the public but in her private life this was something she craved but never really found in this life.

I think Diana was, since the beginning, a shy, insecure young woman. When she was engaged to Charles and they had to give interviews, she looked like a frightened child. I was just looking at those old interviews and it made me see how inexperienced and naive she really was. As time went on you could almost see the change taking place in her. I quite frankly find it hard to believe that Charles was not involved with Camilla while he was courting Diana. I dont think he would have had the strength to stay away from her. She seemed to be his constant advisor, his comfort he could run to. I believe Diana knew what was going on and I do believe anyone with any sense of perception would know it. Camilla has always been a part of Charles life. I think that after Diana figured out that Charles would not give up Camilla, she went looking for attention in different ways. Whether it was bulimia, parties, men or whichever way she could think of, she ended up in more of a mess than when she started. She was an insecure girl who was desperate for the love and attention and care that she obviously was not getting from her husband or her in-laws. I cant say that it surprised me to know she had been carrying on with these different men, I think there are alot of women out there who would have done the same thing knowing that their spouse was being unfaithful and was not about to let go of his lover. Just my opinion of course. As for Hewitt, he did what he felt he had to do and he is the one who has to live with his decision. There is no such thing as keeping your mouth shut, especially when there are alot of dollar signs dancing in your head. I dont know, it was all a very sad situation for a very awkward couple. Charles and Diana should never have married, they just were not made for eachother.

It was the Parker Bowles names the was dragged through the mud.

If the media withheld information, while at the same time deliberately misleading the public, it wouldn't surprise me if Andrew's sister or his brother or his niece Emma sued and Andrew might also.

Andrew has sued.

Andrew sued over false story about 3-4 years ago that he and Camilla had gone to the islands together with their kids while Prince Charles stayed behind. In reality Camilla was with her kids, Andrew was at home in London with his wife, and Prince Charles was at work. Andrew got an apology and 150K.

I just don't see on what grounds would Camilla or her family sue based on what Diana did or when.

Diana was searching for love and acceptance, something she never found. That sounds rather odd because she was beloved by the public but in her private life this was something she craved but never really found in this life.

So true, all Diana wanted was some love in her life. She had the love of her sons but she wanted a companion and she really didn't find it in this life but I hope she found it in the next.

I think Diana was, since the beginning, a shy, insecure young woman. When she was engaged to Charles and they had to give interviews, she looked like a frightened child. I was just looking at those old interviews and it made me see how inexperienced and naive she really was. As time went on you could almost see the change taking place in her. I quite frankly find it hard to believe that Charles was not involved with Camilla while he was courting Diana. I dont think he would have had the strength to stay away from her. She seemed to be his constant advisor, his comfort he could run to. I believe Diana knew what was going on and I do believe anyone with any sense of perception would know it. Camilla has always been a part of Charles life. I think that after Diana figured out that Charles would not give up Camilla, she went looking for attention in different ways. Whether it was bulimia, parties, men or whichever way she could think of, she ended up in more of a mess than when she started. She was an insecure girl who was desperate for the love and attention and care that she obviously was not getting from her husband or her in-laws. I cant say that it surprised me to know she had been carrying on with these different men, I think there are alot of women out there who would have done the same thing knowing that their spouse was being unfaithful and was not about to let go of his lover. Just my opinion of course. As for Hewitt, he did what he felt he had to do and he is the one who has to live with his decision. There is no such thing as keeping your mouth shut, especially when there are alot of dollar signs dancing in your head. I dont know, it was all a very sad situation for a very awkward couple. Charles and Diana should never have married, they just were not made for eachother.

I think reality hit Diana hard when she realized she couldn't get rid of Camilla. She was even trying to figure things out when Camilla arranged that lunch with her and practically interviewed Diana.

Thank God some of that pain and misery left Diana's life before her life ended.

Last edited:
Well the lady certainly did not suffer from lack of male companionship- Gilbey, Hewitt, Carling, Hoare, Khan, Fayed amongst them.

A collection of creeps, imo.
Diana seemed to attract the wrong sort, frankly- the type of men who viewed her as a trophy, rather than a vulnerable human being.

And despite her seeming sophistication, I don't believe she was equipped to fend off the predators (or even to recognize them when they came around).

A collection of creeps, imo.
Diana seemed to attract the wrong sort, frankly- the type of men who viewed her as a trophy, rather than a vulnerable human being.

And despite her seeming sophistication, I don't believe she was equipped to fend off the predators (or even to recognize them when they came around).

Perhaps, but in at least a couple of these cases it was Diana who was the predator not the men.

I completely and whole-heartedly agree with your observations about Diana, her insecurities and that she and Charles should have never married.
Maybe you want to listen to the "secret tapes" on youtube,I found them very interesting because Diana talks about many personal topics and is very frank to the interviewer,also tells him that she has not seen Charles very often before their wedding took place and that C&C relationship has never really been interrupted.If they had not been put under so much pressure by the public,press and family they would never have married,I am sure.Diana´s family also put a huge pressure on her to marry the Prince,she came from a broken family (her parents divorced ver early and she had a rather unhappy childhood though financially secure she was emotionally instable because she didn´t receive enough love and attention).
That is one of the main sources of her later problems,her insecurity and her bad taste in men-because she was so naive and immature and always seemed so vulnerable and shy and because she was so hungry for love and acceptance she took every chance to get it-even if it came from men with doubtful reputation or morals.
That´s why I am so happy that William found a proper girl who comes from a stable family background, a balanced and level-headed woman who gives him security and comfort.Catherine´s family background is very different from the mess the Windsor boys had to grow up in & they can emulate the Middletons happy marriage and take them as guidance & role model for their relationship.

Catherine´s family background is very different from the mess the Windsor boys had to grow up in & they can emulate the Middletons happy marriage and take them as guidance & role model for their relationship.

Hmmm..Maybe, that can also be put as .....different from the mess the Spencer girls (and boy) had to grow up in....
Whatever, we wish your final intention comes true in case of Will&Kate..

That´s true,let us hope that W&C will stay happy& together for a very long,long time and learn from the mistakes of others so they don´t have to repeat them!
I wish all of them-including Charles& Camilla,Harry and the Queen a good life and hopefully a less dramatic and joyful one :)

:previous: Unlike Diana who is frozen in time, the world has turned and we are all 16+ older and some do not age as gracefully as others.

New Play About Harry

New Diana play based on real interviews features James Hewitt saying: 'We started our relationship more than a year before Harry was born. That doesn't prove I'm his father. It's just the inconvenient truth' | Daily Mail Online

What a disgusting person Hewitt is!
But I guess he is broke again so he is crawling out of the woodwork with this nastiness.

(Really, is there anyone who doesn't suspect that Harry's DNA has been tested many times? It would be very easy to get a sample, and tabloids would salivate at a story that would prove Harry wasn't Charles' son! By now they must realize the rumor has no foundation, so they print these innuendos. So sleazy!)

Pity that Harry has inly red hair like hewitt.. he is the spitty imag of Charles...:D

Goes along with Diana's secret daughter born from her embryos implanted in another women...

Prince Henry looks very, very much like his grandfather, the Duke of Edinburgh. Of course that says nothing. The fact that so soon after Prince William's birth the Princess of Wales started her own adultery is pretty shocking. Such a young Princess of Wales, a mother, a future Queen, making herself accessible for an army officer. Imagine that Catherine, Mary or Letizia would do this...

Just to point out the play isn't specifically about Henry. The Henry thing is only mentioned a few times according to the article.

Times must still be hard when people are trying anything to cash in on old stories, untruths and frankly a rather boring storyline - not the sort of play I would want to go to!

If it any way shape or form involves Diana a certain segment of the population will be drawn to it.

Jacknch, you took the words right out of my mouth.

The only person being humiliated and harmed by this creature Hewitt's comments is Harry, but Hewitt doesn't care about anyone but himself. My God, Diana had catastrophic taste in men!:eek:

I also agree with the poster who said Prince Charles and his family has had Harry's DNA tested many years before now and they are not in doubt that he is a Windsor/Spencer...period.:cool:

I think it would be speculative to comment one way or another concerning DNA testing of members of the royal family. Whether such a thing has ever been done we will, and should, never know.

I don't believe the Royal family would have Harry's Dna tested. I believe that a tabloid would have done so from a glass or cigarette but and if it matched Hewitt would have broke the story.

It also does make sense for the affair to start before Harry's birth. The time after William's birth is the closest time of Diana and Charles being together. It starts to go downhill post Harry birth.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I think all royal family DNA is tested, if anything for genetic diseases or disabilities that could arise.

I agree that it would not have been tested for the sole purpose to find out if James was Henry's father.

Hewitt is cash strapped and like most of Diana's associates cashing in on what they can. Waste of space.

I think that anyone that could even fathom that Hewitt could be the father of Harry needs their eyes professionally examined for Magoo syndrome (myopia).

Sometimes when seeing a photograph of Harry, I do a double take as at first it seems I'm looking at Charles. Not only does Harry resemble his father, but also exhibits some of the same mannerism that Charles does.

Once again Hewitt tries to cash in on something that should have been trashed long, long ago.

Mr Hewitt and his pronouncements are absolutely irrelevant at this point.

Last edited:
I don't believe the Royal family would have Harry's Dna tested. I believe that a tabloid would have done so from a glass or cigarette but and if it matched Hewitt would have broke the story.

Of course the tabloids would do it; it would be very easy to get a sample from a glass left in a pub or something.
That's the reason I'm convinced the tabloids know for a fact that it isn't true, and so to make a story they are reduced to printing these insinuations from a man like Hewitt.

Whoever said that Diana had disastrous taste in men was spot on!

Back
Top Bottom