Diana and James Hewitt

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone had a transcript of the hypnosis of Hewitt ? If yes, please could you post it ? Thank you very much !

Actually several books such as Sarah Bradford's book and Sally Bendell Smith's book both do not show James Hewitt in much bad lights.I don't think he is a smart man but he is basically not a very bad man. I think he felt he was ditched by Diana for her own purposes and exposed him to the wolf pack and then he lost everything: his military position,his creditablilty and etc. He was unable to have a normal life Then he used Diana for his own end but it is still understandable for me. James Hewitt is basically a weak man.

Actually several books such as Sarah Bradford's book and Sally Bendell Smith's book both do not show James Hewitt in much bad lights.I don't think he is a smart man but he is basically not a very bad man. I think he felt he was ditched by Diana for her own purposes and exposed him to the wolf pack and then he lost everything: his military position,his creditablilty and etc. He was unable to have a normal life Then he used Diana for his own end but it is still understandable for me. James Hewitt is basically a weak man.

Well he's not the worst man on earth. I mean, he loved her, she loved him and he took a crazy risk to start an affair with her. In an other period of History they would have been killed for that. In the interview I've posted previously, he said he regretted some things he had done to her and the book Princess In Love, was IMO one of them. This lovestiry ruined his life but as he told Larry King, he would have done exactly the same thing if he had to do it again. 5 years is some time, it's more than a simple affair. I think she loved him more than any other lovers she's ever had (but that's only my humble opinion :flowers:).

I haven't read all of this thread however I felt I must reply as I feel so strongly. If James Hewitt believes he is Harry's dad then he should take that up with Charles and Harry in private. If he does't belive that then this thread is pointless and hurtful.

I haven't read all of this thread however I felt I must reply as I feel so strongly. If James Hewitt believes he is Harry's dad then he should take that up with Charles and Harry in private. If he does't belive that then this thread is pointless and hurtful.

But hasn't Hewitt said several times publicly that he does not believe it. If I recall, he's actually spelled it out quite clearly: "I am not Prince Harry's father," as in "read my lips". It seems like there are just people in the media who bring this up on occasion and it has nothing to do with the people directly affected by the accusations. What's sad is that the TRF membership aren't the ones you or anyone has to convince of it's not being true. It's the people generally not interested in royalty who usually believe it, simply because they see some red hair and things in common, because those people (non-royalty followers) don't know or give a damn what anyone in the Spencer family looks like!

I work with a lady who is convinced that the British government, and the Australian government, actually have contingency plans in place to deny Harry the throne if he ever ends up in a position to inherit it directly.

Nothing will convince her otherwise - not only that Hewitt is Harry's father but that the governments have these plans. When asked to provide a source she just says that she has heard it but can't remember where.

I tell this story because it is the sort of thing that people are ready to believe rather than looking at the evidence that is provided.

Well Smith wasn't very complimentary to Hewitt either. She described him as weak, emotionally immature and suffering from a sense of inadequacy for which he compensated by womanizing.

However, in the next book on my list to read by her bodyguard Ken Wharfe, Ken says that no matter what anyone says about Hewitt, he thinks Hewitt was good for her and Hewitt never compromised her security. I can't wait to read that book.

I know that you are both right, it just angers me so much. William and Harry have so little of a private life and I know thats a whole different debate but I just feel for them. Especially Harry. I did see in the interview they did in America that Harry does't believe his hair is red!

I did see in the interview they did in America that Harry does't believe his hair is red!

I don't know what you mean by this. If you mean that he was shocked Wills called him "Ginger" :lol: I don't think that means he denies he has red hair. I think it was just embarrassing for Wills to pop out with that, so randomly and suddenly. The "Ginger" thing just opens up another doorway, leading to Maryann and Ginger jokes, although Harry is definitely neither one, as he is totally "Professor"! :wub: :D

Very true, Chrissy. I have encountered plenty of just so people. This story comes as no shock, as it sounds very familiar to me, sadly but truly.

Last edited:
Well Smith wasn't very complimentary to Hewitt either. She described him as weak, emotionally immature and suffering from a sense of inadequacy for which he compensated by womanizing.

However, in the next book on my list to read by her bodyguard Ken Wharfe, Ken says that no matter what anyone says about Hewitt, he thinks Hewitt was good for her and Hewitt never compromised her security. I can't wait to read that book.

How funny, I just ordered it :D. Can't wait to read it too :flowers:.

Bradford explains who painful it was for Diana to let him go (when he left for war but then when he moved to Germany just after getting back from the Gulf).

I work with a lady who is convinced that the British government, and the Australian government, actually have contingency plans in place to deny Harry the throne if he ever ends up in a position to inherit it directly.
Nothing will convince her otherwise - not only that Hewitt is Harry's father but that the governments have these plans. When asked to provide a source she just says that she has heard it but can't remember where.

I tell this story because it is the sort of thing that people are ready to believe rather than looking at the evidence that is provided.
That is the trouble chrissy57, what evidence? A few people posting on TRF's, picking out a few pictures they believe show a likeness to the Spencer clan, or Windsor ears/eyes/nose.

In her defence, she is probably right about the British government! :ROFLMAO:

That is the trouble chrissy57, what evidence? A few people posting on TRF's, picking out a few pictures they believe show a likeness to the Spencer clan, or Windsor ears/eyes/nose.

In her defence, she is probably right about the British government! :ROFLMAO:

Re the two Governments plans for the future. That wouldn't surprise me at all. There always is, with highly coveted positions, a lot of subterfuge, misdealing,double dealing,etc.

From the looks of things, ostensibly anyway, the queen is likely to have a long still reign. Charles, then Will. The young man in question won't have to worry. Lets hope in the meantime he finds happiness in his life.

On general-topic boards, whenever this subject comes up, there'll be a few people claiming that Harry must be James Hewitt's son because where else would he get his red hair? the royal family don't have redheads and his mother was blonde after all. So someone posts a few photos of the other Spencers to show that red hair is common in the Spencer line and Diana just happened to take after her mother rather than her father in her looks, and most of the "Harry is Hewitt's son" merchants have never seen any of those photos or have a clue what Sarah McCorquodale looks like or knew that Diana had a bunch of red-haired siblings and nephews and nieces.

Most of the time it makes no difference, and people just shrug off the evidence because they really for some reason want to believe that Hewitt is Harry's father. So I tend to agree with Chrissy. When you see comments about "Where does he get his red hair? it doesn't run in the family" followed by "Having some red-haired relations doesn't mean anything," it's fairly clear that you're dealing with people who aren't going to be impressed by being given the exact evidence they claimed they were looking for.

the royal family don't have redheads and his mother was blonde after all.

In pictures of her in her later childhood/early teens when her hair had begun to darken, it looks like she would have had a reddish tinge if she had not lightened her hair as an adult. I've often wondered how dark her hair would have been had she let it go to her natural color.

it's fairly clear that you're dealing with people who aren't going to be impressed by being given the exact evidence they claimed they were looking for.

It's also that most people posting on those kinds of boards don't care about royalty at all except in the most general terms. These are the people who see something on Prince Charles on the news (in the US, a quickie mention and shot of him wearing a kilt, with something about organic farming) and laugh and say, "He's such a looney tunes" or something like that. Or else they see the Queen and Philip visiting Virginia and say something benign about her hats and corgis and all the kind of stuff that make for popular legend about her. Then after making these dismissive comments, they go on about their business. That is the reality of the perspectives on royalty in the world, very shallow and general, and dismissive. No one except us at TRF cares. :sad:

Can anyone tell me without a doubt when Hewitt was born. I went through various websites and the problem is some say it's on January 17, 1958 and others April 30, 1958. So what's the right day ?
There's also a mix with the location, is it in Londonderry, Northern Ireland or in Dublin, Ireland (wikipedia says that but I doubt it's right) ?

Thank you in advance
I'm kind of confused :confused:

The guy is such a sleazebag! He totally took advantage of her and he continues to cash in. What a loser. Someone should come out with a tell all book about HIM! I'm sure a guy like that has plenty of dirt in his past.

The guy is such a sleazebag! He totally took advantage of her and he continues to cash in. What a loser. Someone should come out with a tell all book about HIM! I'm sure a guy like that has plenty of dirt in his past.
The only problem with that, is that we will loose tons of trees for the use of the paper, to print a book that no one will care about!
We all know that he is a sleeze bag and his only claim to "fame" is his affair with Diana. So other than that, who would care about his dirty past, if indeed he does have one. i know I wouldn't. It wouldn't tell us anything new about him that we already don't know.

The only problem with that, is that we will loose tons of trees for the use of the paper, to print a book that no one will care about!

Really, really good point !:ROFLMAO:
Anyway I never bought one of his book and I never will. If he's sad because he thinks he lost the love of his life, he can only take this on him. He screwed up with her. As far as I remember he, or should I say Anna Pasternak :rolleyes:, published this book. And the few I've read of the reviews and contents of it is bad, really bad.

Prince Harry definitely looks like a Windsor! He has the close set eyes like the queen and ears like his father prince Charles, the red hair comes from the Spencers. The only thing that resembles Hewitt is the same color of their hair!
I totally agree! I have always thought that Harry looks like the queen, they definitely have the same eyes and ditto for everything else you said. :)

I don't think he is a smart man but he is basically not a very bad man. I think he felt he was ditched by Diana for her own purposes and exposed him to the wolf pack and then he lost everything: his military position,his creditablilty and etc. He was unable to have a normal life Then he used Diana for his own end but it is still understandable for me. James Hewitt is basically a weak man.

This is how I see Hewitt. He's weak, and not especially bright and has made some momentously bad decisions, which he tends to admit. But he's not a bad man, and I feel some sympathy for him. It seems to me that he and Diana had a close and loving relationship and he was good for her. I found his autobiography, Love and War, worthwhile reading not just because it is a primary source but also because of the insight it provided into the way he thinks about matters.

This is how I see Hewitt. He's weak, and not especially bright and has made some momentously bad decisions, which he tends to admit. But he's not a bad man, and I feel some sympathy for him. It seems to me that he and Diana had a close and loving relationship and he was good for her. I found his autobiography, Love and War, worthwhile reading not just because it is a primary source but also because of the insight it provided into the way he thinks about matters.

I've made my point in my previous post and I don't think he's a really bad man but sometimes I can't understand why he does all this ?! If I had such letters, even if the person wasn't famous but still dead, I would do everything to keep them. It would be a part of my life. He's even more complicated than Diana IMO.

Exactly my thoughts about Hewitt. And now he is on TV show. :rolleyes: He is pathetic.

Well he's not the worst man on earth. I mean, he loved her, she loved him and he took a crazy risk to start an affair with her. In an other period of History they would have been killed for that. In the interview I've posted previously, he said he regretted some things he had done to her and the book Princess In Love, was IMO one of them. This lovestiry ruined his life but as he told Larry King, he would have done exactly the same thing if he had to do it again. 5 years is some time, it's more than a simple affair. I think she loved him more than any other lovers she's ever had (but that's only my humble opinion :flowers:).

Do you really think there was this love between them? Then,imo they both gained. If being snatched into baby-having service for the Kingdom and never loved or respected by said husband. Great for her if he brought her some ego-boosting emotional satisfaction. Hey, that's what life owes all of us. I'm glad she had some joy before leaving so soon.

But perhaps then he was all emotion-giving and no real gentleman character, hence the blabbing.

Do you really think there was this love between them? Then,imo they both gained. If being snatched into baby-having service for the Kingdom and never loved or respected by said husband. Great for her if he brought her some ego-boosting emotional satisfaction. Hey, that's what life owes all of us. I'm glad she had some joy before leaving so soon.

But perhaps then he was all emotion-giving and no real gentleman character, hence the blabbing.

I really think there was alot of love between them. As Diana didn't have the attention she wished from Charles, she found someone who listened to her and understood her. One day Diana told him that she had bulimia and at first he was shocked but took it very seriously. I think he did all he could to make her happy when she was there and it worked. They the same sense of humour and really got along. When they broke up in 1993 (?), it wasn't a very good year for Diana if I remember well. Apparentely Diana didn't want to take his phone calls because she thought he had sold their story to the press. But in Bradford's book, it's said that he was naive and talked about it to a journalist who was in the Gulf also, so against his will. IMO the book released in 1994 was the final act. Before there could have been a chance of reunion but with this public betrayal, it was definately over.

I really think there was alot of love between them. As Diana didn't have the attention she wished from Charles, she found someone who listened to her and understood her. One day Diana told him that she had bulimia and at first he was shocked but took it very seriously. I think he did all he could to make her happy when she was there and it worked. They the same sense of humour and really got along. When they broke up in 1993 (?), it wasn't a very good year for Diana if I remember well. Apparentely Diana didn't want to take his phone calls because she thought he had sold their story to the press. But in Bradford's book, it's said that he was naive and talked about it to a journalist who was in the Gulf also, so against his will. IMO the book released in 1994 was the final act. Before there could have been a chance of reunion but with this public betrayal, it was definately over.

According to Hewitt ("Love and War"), Diana kept in touch with him into 1994. In fact she phoned him in early 1994, and told him that he "had to do something about all the innuendo that was recycling itself about us in the papers" (p162). This was after the Morton & Dimbleby books and there was a lot of speculation. Diana urged him to give an interview to Richard Kay. "After my experience in the Gulf I wasn't sure. But I did want to help Diana so I gave a long interview to Anna Pasternack (whom I knew through friends of friends) in the Daily Express about myself and my friendship with the Princess. This was an error. I was held up to ridicule by other papers for the fact that I had said nothing new - merely repeated the same old story which they knew to be false. The Palace, the police, Downing Street, Fleet Street and many others were all aware of the true facts of our relationship".

He goes on in some detail. Pasternack proposed a book which would present Diana and Hewitt in a sympathetic light without any tabloid spin. (p163) "She assured me it would do us both good and set matters straight." "I thought about it for several days and nights. Nothing could be as bad as the press I was now getting. And I couldn't just keep lying. Truth, I reasoned, must be the best way forward. So I agreed to do it. In the atmosphere of those times it seemed a sensible way to put an end to the lying. But it proved to be the biggest mistake I have ever made in my life."

The publisher rejected the first draft and wanted far more detail and Pasternack's next draft became a love story. Hewitt was not happy. He spoke to Diana about it and neither was she. He didn't want it published and was prepared to return the publisher's advance, but he couldn't stop it.

I think "naive" is a better word to use to describe Hewitt than "weak", which I have previously adopted here. I think he is basically a decent man who has made some monumentally bad decisions, got out of his depth and, largely because of the circumstances, couldn't seek advice from anyone who could offer sound advice.

He had paid, and continues to pay, a high price for his mistakes. He admits them though, and I think he should be given a fair go.

He had a lengthy military career and was a conscientous and brave officer who was mentioned in dispatches. He might have just failed his major's exam, but so what! Everyone can't be a general. He served his country well for a long time.

They had talked about the possibility of a future together, but I don't think Diana would have been satisfied with being Lady Diana Hewitt after being The Princess of Wales.

I don't think of him as a cad or worse for talking about his relationship with Diana or contemplating selling Diana's letters to him. He's just a human being, with human frailties. There were two in that relationship, after all. The letters are his, written to him by the woman he loved and who, I believe, loved him. They are his letters, some of which were at one time stolen from him and which he had to fight to have returned, and he has said he will consider an offer. I suspect that incident may have tainted them a bit for him, but that is just speculation on my part. He is not a wealthy man, and lives in the real world. I can't say what I would do in the circumstances. Anyone who purchases the letters is prohibited from publishing them due to copyright law but he has said somewhere that they are not salacious.

I cannot begin to explain what possessed him to agree to the hypnosis thing but we are all capable to doing stupid things under stress.

I am, nevertheless, fairly sure he doesn't sit around saying to himself, 'How can I milk that relationship I had with Diana some more?'. When I read his book or interviews with him, I get the feeling he is fairly matter-of-fact. Naive certainly, but not at all scheming or manipulative or malicious. If he has an opportunity presented to him to do something and it is only offered because he was Diana's lover, again I say, 'So what!'. That's life. I am far more interested in listening to him than, for example, Paris Hilton.

Back
Top Bottom