Diana and Dodi Statue Unveiled; D&D dolls for sale on eBay (2005)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will just say this. BAD TASTE

But, I do belive that he is a father missing his son ( who he thinks may have been murdered). No one here really knows how a Parent feels with a death of a Healthy child. ( Thank God, My kids are ok & safe) Being that he has no proof of any funny business going on really.

But, I do agree that he is also using not only Diana but his sons death for publicity. & this is just another missstep by him. I read that years ago ( many many many years) that he tried to buy into the English Society ( or full blown Citizenship) there & the Royal family put a stop to that. This I belive is just another way to try to hurt the family. Because regardless of how some diana bashers may not like it. Diana was & Still is loved WORLD WIDE. & this is his way of Bringing up Diana once again, & in doing so trying to stick it to the FIRM:) . & now that Charles has a new wife. What better way than to have that THING on all the papers front & center.

I think that it is both His hurt feelings over his son & he need to humiliate(sp) the royal family. That makes him a truly sad man.

Panther2000 said:
I will just say this. BAD TASTE

But, I do belive that he is a father missing his son ( who he thinks may have been murdered). No one here really knows how a Parent feels with a death of a Healthy child. ( Thank God, My kids are ok & safe) Being that he has no proof of any funny business going on really.

But, I do agree that he is also using not only Diana but his sons death for publicity. & this is just another missstep by him. I read that years ago ( many many many years) that he tried to buy into the English Society ( or full blown Citizenship) there & the Royal family put a stop to that. This I belive is just another way to try to hurt the family. Because regardless of how some diana bashers may not like it. Diana was & Still is loved WORLD WIDE. & this is his way of Bringing up Diana once again, & in doing so trying to stick it to the FIRM:) . & now that Charles has a new wife. What better way than to have that THING on all the papers front & center.

I think that it is both His hurt feelings over his son & he need to humiliate(sp) the royal family. That makes him a truly sad man.

Very well said Pather!! An interesting opinion that has a great chance of being true!!!

That is how I see it. As a Wife & Mother. I can try to put myself in his shoes. I don't know what is worse.

A Young child loosing a Parent( I did, My mother died when I was 14 & my father when i was 17) So I know somewhat of how William & harry felt.

Or a Parent buring their Child( thank god i dont know about that)

I do believe that the man is in pain. But, is trying to take that pain out on the Royal family.

I just see both sides of the coin. Something that some won't do. He is a hated man & so people will toatlly blow off that his son died also. But, then again on the other side of the coin. He does not help himself with these types of things that he does.

I agree tiaraprin. Didn't one of the bodygaurds hired by Al Fayed, recently say that Diana and Dodi just put on a show, and when camras weren't around they stayed in seperate rooms...and that Diana just wanted to make the pakistani doctor jealous? I saw it on the news this morning, but the interview is in a british newspaper so I can't read it.

Harry's polo shirt said:
I agree tiaraprin. Didn't one of the bodygaurds hired by Al Fayed, recently say that Diana and Dodi just put on a show, and when camras weren't around they stayed in seperate rooms...and that Diana just wanted to make the pakistani doctor jealous? I saw it on the news this morning, but the interview is in a british newspaper so I can't read it.

That would be interesting to read. Here is a link that may help you find the paper it was printed in.
http://www.wrx.zen.co.uk/alltnews.htm

windsor said:
Yes Mr. Al-Fayed is still upset. You would be too if you lost a Royal Warrent.

I think the first warrant he lost was Prince Philip's; considering he'd accused Prince Philip of masterminding the assassination of Diana and Dodi, I think it's unlikely that he was expecting to keep the warrant.

Harry's polo shirt said:

There's a link to something about the article here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=273139&postcount=167

although it probably isn't the full thing.

I agree with you Grim Lady, Diana and Dodi's affair was not a private affair, it was a romance which shocked the world, and above all it was the romance which endedup in the most horrified accident costing the life of them both. Diana name never could be seperated from Dodi, either they were going to stay together or apart, for a few weeks or eternity, their death has made them eternal. Sculpture is a Gift to the family...and we should respect it. why is Diana in bikini or skimpy dress, well if wearing bikini ever had been that bad an idea for diana , she never would have showed herself in it publicly. Which she did . and did quite often.The scultpure is a beautiful reminder of relationship between Dodi and Diana.
btw
( Sculpture could be alot more beautiful and could be made to show them doing something else { Decent } rather then dancing.....i never saw any pic of diana n dodi dancing).........but then making sculpture of them taking sunbath which is all we had seen in the romance other then coming out of ritz or leaving the yatch could be even more distatseful.

I

tiaraprin said:
His greed for power, money, and British Citizenship has ruined him.
Has it? I though he was still one of the wealthiest man in the UK.
Perhaps if he hadn't been so greedy, both his son and Diana would still be alive today.
:confused: Sorry, I don't get your point.

Have they given him citizenship? I don't think have. I feel sorry for the man, he is such a sad soul. I pray that one day he will relieze the truth, and quit with all his crazy theories.

I have always believed it was an accident.

No, he got turned down twice. I thought I read somewhere he had vowed to sell Harrod's and leave Britain when he got turned down the second time.

Elspeth said:
There's a link to something about the article here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=273139&postcount=167

although it probably isn't the full thing.

thanks Elspeth! I have been wanting to read that.:)

I found some informtion on http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/88492004.htm

here are some main points:

"They say MI6 fixed the fatal car crash on orders from the Royal Family. But that's ludicrous because all the arrangements for that journey were changed at the last minute on orders from the Fayeds - the car, the driver, the route, everything.

Mr Fayed has blamed everyone but himself. I think he does that in public because the truth he carries in private is too much to bear."

I will not ever be able to put Diana's death aside. Yesterday, Monday 29th of August, 2005, was the eleventh anniversary of my injuries that threatened my well-being many times during the first year or two of recovery...it is definitely difficult to breathe when the intercostal muscles decide to go into a spasm....I took the ambulance more than once to the hospital.......I know this site is not about me; however, had I died in that accident, my age at that time was also thirty-six. So, I ask myself, "Why is she up there and I'm down here? What do I have to contribute to society?" I start part-time studies this week in the Social Welfare/Social Work field. Instead of arguing for or against 'grief resolving' monetary expenditures by those who have the ability to spend it the way they choose and in a manner that addresses their own grief, maybe those few people who've not yet found a place of peace may search within themselves to find a way or ways of picking up the threads of Diana's life;continuing to weave it for her. I know she will look on it favourably from her 'cloud' up above.

I believe Diana's burial site is the most supreme honour to her life and the charitable works she contributed to society. In North America, there is an interesting indigenous saying, "When you are born you cry and the world rejoices. Live your life so that when you die the world cries and you rejoice".

Another inspirational I've come across in my journey is anonymous but wonderful.

THE WEAVER

My life is but a weaving
between my Lord and me,
I cannot choose the colors
He worketh steadily.

Oftimes he weaveth sorrow
And I in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper
And I, the underside.

Not till the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why.

The dark threads are as needful
In the Weaver's skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.

(If the author of the above poem should find his work on this site, I do hope the author will disclose his identity?)

Great post I love the poem! I am sure you are not the only one who has had those thoughts. that quote is beautiful!!!

I think that the world will never truly know what Diana & Dodi's relationship was or could have been. I think Dodi's father is assuming that thier relationship would have become an everlasting love & that the best would have only come from them. A nice thought but the chances of that I don't think were very good. The statue should have been kept at home. This man has no dignity. I think even his son would have told him to stop by now.

CATS said:
Have they given him citizenship? I don't think have. I feel sorry for the man, he is such a sad soul. I pray that one day he will relieze the truth, and quit with all his crazy theories.

I have always believed it was an accident.

I don't feel sorry for him. He exploits his son and the late Princess for sympathy, not out of genuine grief. He wants people to believe he has been mistreated. This is one time the British government was right not to grant him citizenship. Look how vindictive he has been because he doesn't get it. He uses his own dead son and the people's princess to cry boo-hoo all the time about his horrible fate. He only cares about himself and money. He doesn't care about his son or Diana and it is quite distasteful and down right disgusting!!!:mad: :mad:

Of course the statue is tacky and tasteless, just like al Fayed. I can't believe it deserves four pages of a thread.

But tiaraprin, I don't understand why you are criticizing al Fayed for this

tiaraprin said:
This is one time the British government was right not to grant him citizenship. Look how vindictive he has been because he doesn't get it. He uses his own dead son and the people's princess to cry boo-hoo all the time about his horrible fate.

Quite frankly I don't see al Fayed being any more vindictive that Diana was against Charles and the royal family when her marriage went sour. She cultivated friendships with those who had a axe to grind with the Establishment.

Yuk!
That thing is so hideous! What a joke! He made Dodi look better and Diana worse. It's an insult to those it's supposed to honor, as well as to anyone with a drop of intelligence.

ysbel said:
Quite frankly I don't see al Fayed being any more vindictive that Diana was against Charles and the royal family when her marriage went sour. She cultivated friendships with those who had a axe to grind with the Establishment.
I get the impression that Fayed still wants to become a British citizen, and very much would like to be able to move in the royal circle. He is almost obsessed with being associated with the BRF. Nothing would please him more than seeing William or Harry going to Harrod's.

Well, he should have stopped to remember that William and Harry had two parents and also had Windsor grandparents as well as Spencer ones. Since it's said that William is very close to Prince Philip, accusing Prince Philip of masterminding Diana's murder isn't the brightest way of getting William to go to Harrods.

Incas said:
I get the impression that Fayed still wants to become a British citizen, and very much would like to be able to move in the royal circle. He is almost obsessed with being associated with the BRF. Nothing would please him more than seeing William or Harry going to Harrod's.

Thank you Incas. That is why Mr Al-Fayed is not a sympathetic figure, but rather a pathetic one in his over the top attempts using his dead son and the late Princess for his own ends.

It's too much! With all due respect, Mr. Al Fayed has made it look like Dodi was the love of Diana's life and that they would be together in the afterlife. Somehow, I highly doubt that. He raised them up to the level of Romeo and Juliet and I think they are far from that.

Elspeth said:
Well, he should have stopped to remember that William and Harry had two parents and also had Windsor grandparents as well as Spencer ones. Since it's said that William is very close to Prince Philip, accusing Prince Philip of masterminding Diana's murder isn't the brightest way of getting William to go to Harrods.

I don't think that Prince Philip had anything to do with her death. I know that he didn't care to much for her, but to say that he masterminded her death is ludicris. The fact that Diana and Dodi switched cars at the hotel completely destroys the theory.

So why did you guys stop shopping at Harrods? Because of the removal of the royal warrant or because the al Fayed's? Didn't the quality of the store go down in recent years?

Not trying to start an argument...just curious.

So why did you guys stop shopping at Harrods? Because of the removal of the royal warrant or because the al Fayed's? Didn't the quality of the store go down in recent years?

Not trying to start an argument...just curious.

Al Fayed's accusations against Philip did it for me. I couldn't abide the man from the beginning but when he made such stupid accusations I decided that was it for me and I swore I would only return if Al Fayed was no longer the owner, the memorials were removed and the Royal Warrants returned. Until all three have happened Harrods won't get my business.

That man has been an embarrarassment to his son's memory since the day Dodi passed away. Eight years on and he still hasn't got over it :sad: He must be a very sad and bitter old man.

Back
Top Bottom