Charles Spencer, 9th Earl Spencer and Family 1: Ending Aug. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What on earth does Prince William's future position as Supreme Governer of the Church of England have to do with Lady Kitty eventually converting to Judaism? If she has found a way to reach God then good for her.

My sentiments exactly. A person's relationship with their God is just that. Personal. God has no grandchildren or intermediaries. ?

It served two purposes

1 reminding readers of the connection to the royal family which draws in readers
2 trying to play up the naughty niece role by emphasizing she is bucking family tradition by converting

In reality the religion of her cousin or family mean nothing. If she is truly converting for belief and not simply marriage then that is great. How we find god is our path alone.

Hopefully she truly believes. It’s not like going from Anglican to another Christian denomination. This is a true conversion.

Well, Judaism is considered by Christians as a preparation to Christianity.

Well, Judaism is considered by Christians as a preparation to Christianity.
Not by this Christian. I have the uttermost respect for how a member of the Jewish faith choses to worship God and don't see them as a kind of Christians-in-waiting. If I was a Jew I'd find that view quite offensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
How utterly lovely. [emoji847]

Has Lady Kitty's wedding been postponed?

Great and lovely move from the Earl to open his kitchens to feed the front line.

Has Lady Kitty's wedding been postponed?

Depends on when they planned to marry. If they planned to get married in the next few months I'd say yes. Even if the restrictions were lifted to allow a small ceremony (like the old 5 people). Kitty seems even less likely to go for a tiny wedding then Beatrice. There will also be concern for out of town and out of country family from being able to attend.

Fortunately for them like Beatrice, money and likely even venue for their wedding really wouldn't be a huge issue when marriages are back on.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
So delighted to visit this thread and read some NON KITTY SPENCER news!;)

Earl Spencer has beautiful children.

So delighted to visit this thread and read some NON KITTY SPENCER news!;)

The same!

When I saw this news, for one second I thought it's about Lady Amelia Windsor (the news about whom dominate on her family's thread) and later I remembered Lady Kitty has a sister named Amelia ?

Congratulations to the engaged couple! More weddings! yaay!!

Is Greg Mallett South African?

He is indeed. They met while students at the University of Cape Town.

He is the nephew of South African rugby player and coach Nick Mallett.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Mallett

His paternal grandfather moved the family to South Africa when he became headmaster of Diocesan College in Cape town. Greg's father teaches and coaches rugby there. And until she was forced to quit after being accused of having sex with some of her students, so did his sister Fiona. Its the school that Amelia's brother attended in Cape Town.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diocesan_College

Happy news for the family. Two daughters engaged this year. :flowers:

This one they are similar age and been together for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom