Charles Spencer, 9th Earl Spencer and Family 1: Ending Aug. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Daily Mail/Mail Online" has photos of Lady Kitty Spencer at today's Melbourne Cup.

And they're quick off the mark as the race day is still going.

The report also has photos of her aunt, Diana, Princess of Wales, from her day there.

(Different people, but also very different fashion eras.)

Yes Moonmaiden23, Kitty and her sisters were the most glamorous guests at their cousin William's wedding - truly stunning.

Lady Kitty also made the evening news -

Very sweet, perhaps shy, and maybe finding the Australian heat a bit much, though Melbourne was only a mild 22 degrees I think.

A nice girl, rather than a super sophisticate older than her years.

I liked how she came across.

Last edited by a moderator:
She's staying an extra week because she is enjoying herself

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I'm struck by how much her mannerisms are like Diana's in her way of smiling and her eye movements. There doesn't seem to be a hint of South Africa in her accent, which I find surprising.

I didn't pick-up on a South African accent in yesterday's TV broadcasts either Mermaid1962, but the report in today's newspaper says - "her accent was all South African".

It also mentions her passion for a university degree in politics and psychology, and for a "military charity" - (perhaps the influence of her cousin Prince Harry?).

I really don't see much of Diana in her...maybe the eye shape is a bit like her father's...but none of his girls remind me of Diana.

LaRae

She is certainly a very beautiful girl. In the picture with her father and siblings when she was quite young I think she looked very much like her father.

I have always liked Charles not so fond of his habit of collecting wives but apart from that he had always appeared to be a very nice man.

As an author he is marvelous...erudite and scholarly but also easy to follow. His Oxford education was not wasted...he knows his British history very well for sure;).

And his children are simply gorgeous, all of them straight out of a glossy magazine!

Yes I've seen Charles on a couple of BBC type shows talking history and/or family geneology. He's very easy to follow.

LaRae

Does Lady Kitty have a job of some kind? I'm just curious. I know that she seems to be in the media a fair bit, but that could be to do with her connections.

Does Lady Kitty have a job of some kind? I'm just curious. I know that she seems to be in the media a fair bit, but that could be to do with her connections.

She's been doing 2 years of charity work and now hopes to be able to combine it with her career. There was a very good interview with her but can't find it now. She comes across as a well rounded young lady very smart very caring and very close to all her family.

This is the link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you...ls-wants-support-british-military-heroes.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely Lady Kitty Spencer is still sampling the delights of Oz.

A photo is in today's Sydney newspaper of her attending last night's premiere of Chris Hemsworth's new movie "In The Heart of the Sea" - (which is based on the story of Moby Dick).

I didn't pick-up on a South African accent in yesterday's TV broadcasts either Mermaid1962, but the report in today's newspaper says - "her accent was all South African".

It also mentions her passion for a university degree in politics and psychology, and for a "military charity" - (perhaps the influence of her cousin Prince Harry?).

I doubt it. The more obvious connection is her grandfather, Johnnie Spencer. He was a Captain in the Royal Scots Greys and fought during World War II, and even got a MiD for his gallantry.

I doubt it. The more obvious connection is her grandfather, Johnnie Spencer. He was a Captain in the Royal Scots Greys and fought during World War II, and even got a MiD for his gallantry.

Thanks miss whirley - I'm not very up on the background of the family.

I can't help wondering if Prince Charles caught up with his niece Lady Kitty while they were both here in Sydney- a lot of things aren't on the official agenda and made public.

Earl Spencer, Family, Althorp Museum & Travelling Exhibition

Lady Kitty was slighter older than 1 when her paternal grandfather died. So grandfather Johnny might not be a big influence

Lady Kitty was slighter older than 1 when her paternal grandfather died. So grandfather Johnny might not be a big influence

Considering the current Earl Spencer's love of history and family genealogy, I'm sure he regaled his children with countless hours of tales about their grandfather. If I were to bet, I would say they are more proud of grandpa's many accomplishments than one of their dozen or so cousins. Especially, since they grew up a continent away from Harry.

I can't help wondering if Prince Charles caught up with his niece Lady Kitty while they were both here in Sydney- a lot of things aren't on the official agenda and made public.

Hardly think so... She is not his niece. (Just his ex-wife's niece.)
He would have no reason to see her. He did not have a relationship with her.
She was 4/5 when she moved to SA. She was not yet 2 when C&D formally separated and not yet born when they physically separated.. There is no reason why Charles would have a relationship with her.

I'm not sure Kitty knows Charles all that well. He knows who she is, but I don't think they have much of relationship. Nothing stopping them from running into each other though.

"Daily Mail/Mail Online" now has several photos of Lady Kitty's night at the movies and quotes - "I really, really, really don't want to go home".

I'm struck by how much her mannerisms are like Diana's in her way of smiling and her eye movements. There doesn't seem to be a hint of South Africa in her accent, which I find surprising.

People used to think Diana made those kind of movements to get the media's attention, but that's just the Spencer traits.

:previous:There are some mannerisms that aristocratic young women seem to have in general. They're almost like a physical form of the accent.

Lady Kitty Spencer has been snapped at Sydney's Bondi Beach - "Daily Mail Australia" has all the details and photos.

Beware if you're concerned with privacy - Kitty is with a friend she has made here in Oz, and dressed for swimming.

Maybe it was Friday - Sydney was almost 42degrees, even though it's still Spring here.

(Can't post links from my tablet.)

Last edited:
Another day, another bikini.

Lady Kitty has had a second day swimming at Bondi Beach - and again "Daily Mail Australia" has photos.

I hope Kitty Spencer is enjoying the celebrity spotlight,if not, I feel really bad that she's getting hounded by the UK tabloids.

If Kitty Spencer has a successful fashion career, will the tabloids scrutinize her to the point where they would compare her fashion sense to that of her Aunt Diana's?

I know that the press likes to emphasize Lady Kitty's resemblance to her famous aunt, but I think that she looks much more like a larger, healthier version of her mother.

Yeah Mermaid I don't see any resemblance to Diana except the eye color. Never have.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom