Charles and Diana Picture Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Curtseying for someone who is not in the picture

Last edited by a moderator:
As deep as her curtsy is I'd say the Queen or perhaps the Queen Mother.

MM

Curtesying for the Queen, HM is visible in the larger version of the picture

Diana: The Unseen Archives

It is the Queen Diana is curtsying to. I have the full photo and details in a book- Diana: The Unseen Archives.

Me neither! Love the color of the dress!

I've never seen the picture, and I think the dress is a very pretty color (and I love the sleeves, they remind me of 'Anne of Green Gables' for some reason).

I wonder where this picture was taken and what was going on. Charles looks a little put out, while Diana is smiling.

I am trying to post a pic of Charles and Diana dancing but it is saying the text is too big? How do you post pics that are much bigger than the one I have?

Thank you SO much for the pic of Charles and Diana dancing; I was the one who started the search for this photo - and I have literally been searching for it for years!

It was lovely to see it again and many heartfelt thanks and much appreciation to you.:flowers:

Where Anne says she wants sleeves with puffs, and Matthew buys her that to-die for Cinderella- esque dress.
Yes, I can see the comparison!
I read a few days ago on another Diana photo blog what occasion this dress was worn for- I forget now!:bang:
It was a banquet or concert on one of their early foreign tours.
And I think I read that Charles had the flu... hence the expression.

Both Diana and Charles stated that in the beginning there were many happy times. I can't help but wonder if they would have managed to get to know each other better and solve their problems if Camilla wasn't so handy for Charles. It seems that Charles and Camilla's marriage is less than happy. Charles must not be an easy person to live with on a daily basis.

I've never seen this pic or seen Diana wearing this dress.
England's Rose

I've never seen this pic or dress, either. But from descriptions, I'd guess the dress was the one Diana wore for the pre-wedding ball in BP. To my knowledge, no photos were ever released of Diana on that occasion and this is the only ball gown I've ever seen that matches the descriptions given by those who were there and saw her. (I'm sure you of all people know she left that ball rather early and most people did not see her after the first hour which was spent mostly in the receiving line.)

This photo is obviously from a later date: From the Princess's hair and weight, I would guess this was between the births of Princes William and Harry and actually, pre-pregnancy with Harry as well. My best guess would be 1983 at a private party of some sort. The tapestry reminds me of the one in their KP drawing room and would explain why it has not been seen if that is where it was taken. I do know Diana had converted that piece of jewellery into a headband in the first year of her marriage as she had with the Cambridge emeralds although she did not show this "look" publicly until Australia, 1985.

Please post any more info if you find anything out about this pic! I'm dying of curiosity. (Shame on me; I'm the one who started the rush for the newspaper photo of them dancing in 1981. You all are doing the work for me!):flowers::flowers::flowers:

Cheating, and adding something with the edit feature :whistling:. Taking another really close look at your find, Sirhon - I think my first guess is incorrect and it was taken early in her pregnancy with William; check out the similarities in hair, makeup and weight with the 1981 turning the lights on for Christmas on Regent Street - they're almost identical to her "look" in the pink unknown gown.

Last edited:
:previous:
:lol:oh!! my dear secret agent! thank you so much!! Is a good video!!

Hello everybody... come back with my Obsession.. here the most beautiful photo that I can found in this days!!
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpsljacfEe1qk127po1_400.jpg

So sweet!!! Diana loved to teddy!!
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpt8x0zqkq1qj2sh9o1_500.jpg

I found another photo with the same dress : Ohmy:
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpr1ckgPSh1qk127po1_500.jpg

Really THE PRINCE AND PRINCESS OF WALES!!!
http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lptz8zdJZ21qk127po1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1313284037&Signature=TakasrpL3VZvrJxUU%2Fq0lLThhfY%3D

Where Anne says she wants sleeves with puffs, and Matthew buys her that to-die for Cinderella- esque dress.
Yes, I can see the comparison!
I read a few days ago on another Diana photo blog what occasion this dress was worn for- I forget now!:bang:
It was a banquet or concert on one of their early foreign tours.
And I think I read that Charles had the flu... hence the expression.

That's exactly what I was thinking (re: 'Anne of Green Gables' dress).

If he had the flu, then his expression is understandable. Poor soul. He does indeed look miserable (probably wished he was home, in bed, with a cup of tea and a good book....no wait...that'd be me....never mind). I'm sure he bore it all very admirably.

poor charlie's so sick...but he had to attend at the event: Bang:

I found another photo with the same dress : Ohmy:
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpr1ckgPSh1qk127po1_500.jpg
Thank you so much!:flowers: I really was surprised to read it was worn at a public event as I thought I'd seen all of the Princess's gowns, especially in the early years of her marriage.

Didn't Diana look better with some more weight on her frame? Thanks to you finding out when these pictures were taken, they now remind me of how Diana told Andrew Morton for "Diana, Her True Story" that the years between William and Harry were just a black hole of pain for her to even look back on. But my, the Princess was lovely at all times, no matter what she was dealing with...

Personally, I think she was at her most beautiful during the last year of her life; the Mario Testino photo shoot shows Diana at her most radiant and her natural beauty in those pictures just takes one's breath away... So sad they were taken such a short time before her death. Indeed, I remember that the Vanity Fair cover celebrating that photo shoot was still on the shelves of some bookshops when the Princess was killed and her obvious happiness shining from those magazine pages just made it all even more difficult to bear.

Really THE PRINCE AND PRINCESS OF WALES!!!

tumblr_lptz8zdJZ21qk127po1_1280.jpg

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lptz8zdJZ21qk127po1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1313284037&Signature=TakasrpL3VZvrJxUU%2Fq0lLThhfY%3D
I believe this was the banquet for Queen Beatrix and Prince Claus during their visit to Great Britain.

debby1965 said:
I remember the first time I saw this photo. A number of others were released at the same time.
I believe it was taken on their honeymoon.
Possibly aboard Brittania.

Caption says they were dating , thus they weren't on their honeymoon

Caption says they were dating , thus they weren't on their honeymoon

I think you will find the caption is incorrect.
If you look closely at left her hand you will see her wedding ring.

debby1965 said:
I think you will find the caption is incorrect.
If you look closely at left her hand you will see her wedding ring.

I see a ring or a shadow of one but not convinced it's her wedding ring and almost positive that's not her engagement ring so I am sticking with dating.....

I remember the first time I saw this photo. A number of others were released at the same time.
I believe it was taken on their honeymoon.
Possibly aboard Brittania.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Back
Top Bottom