Charles and Diana Picture Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: There's a series of pictures out there that were supposed to have been taken during one of their first Christmas/New Year's holidays together. That 'tickling' one was one of them as well as the one of Diana with the fake breasts. I wonder whether they might have originally been stolen or something, because I can hardly imagine them being released to the public as "What We Did on Our Christmas Vacation".:lol:

:previous: You're very welcome. I just think when you look past all the theories, speculations, articles, books and movies and tons of debates, you will see what was really there between Charles & Diana. There was love, laughter and lots of fun. That side of their relationship isn't talked about and reflected upon.

Pictures:
Remember Diana

“When he talks about her sometimes, he will say, ‘You know we did love each other very much.’ Suddenly out of the blue, ‘You know there was a time when we did love each other very much.’ So there was something.”

~ Royal relation to the Prince

I can definitely believe that at one time they did love each other, but it wasn't a relationship that would survive as a long term one. IMHO.

I can definitely believe that at one time they did love each other, but it wasn't a relationship that would survive as a long term one. IMHO.

I don't know, I think if they had the right amount of help and the press wasn't dancing on their backs, things probably would've been different. The most important thing is they had love, fun and laughter in their marriage. The pictures show that, but there are also stories to go a long with them. Unfortunately, that's not what people want to talk about and it don't make anyone some money.

The biographies that I have read of Charles and Diana, some biased, some not so bad, do state that there was love and laughter in the first three or four years of their marriage. Most point to specific examples.

However, from about 1984 it seems to have gone downhill fairly quickly, pointing to a rather shaky foundation to the relationship in the first place. I do feel that Charles and Diana just weren't suited to each other, temperamentally or in their outlook on life. It would have taken huge amounts of goodwill and desire to change themselves for their partner's sake once things began to go pear-shaped IMO, and ultimately neither were prepared to do that.

Charles and Diana were goofing around at a private banquet, with Diana pretending to strangle her husband. You can't see him but Prince Andrew was nearby, watching.

I remember reading about it when if first happened. People can deny it all they want, but there were moments of real happiness affection and love between the two of them.

:previous: Both Charles and Diana claimed there was happiness in their marriage in the beginning. Diana told Ingrid Seward that people would believe that if they saw the letters that they wrote each other. Both Charles and Diana said there was love. If they have both said that, I think that we should believe it.:flowers:

I don't normally follow or comment on this thread, but thank you so much for all the happy pictures of Charles and Diana. I never knew these existed. As a young girl I was a big fan of Diana, in fact the only time I skipped a class was to watch them getting married! It is good to be reminded that they enjoyed happy times too and I'm sure these are the memories their boys hang onto.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Last edited:
Charles and Diana most certainly had the expectations when they married that they would be married for life and they really did have a idyllic relationship for several years and two wonderful boys. The tough part of a marriage is actual work and compromising and putting the other's best interest at heart first and it was in the day to day problems that discontent arose and couldn't be resolved. It is a common thing to happen in a marriage.

Those happy, golden times are never forgotten.

I can't believe that both of them did not want their marriage to work. I know after her death it was recognized that in the months leading up to it they were on friendly terms.

1977 hmmmm she would of been 16 ...interesting.

LaRae

Are these pics of Diana or her sister Sarah who i understand he was dating at the time? She looks older than 16 and Sarah was 22 at the time..

It's Diana. Likely the family were hosting him at the time. Yes, I think it's around the same time he was dating Sarah.

From the Autumn after William was born, most likely, judging by the hairstyle. As well as the Wales's, Princess Margaret is there with her children I see, and Edward, I believe. Diana is widely believed to have disliked country sports, yet here she is looking gorgeous and very cheerful and rosy-cheeked. Lovely photos!

Charles and Diana were goofing around at a private banquet, with Diana pretending to strangle her husband. You can't see him but Prince Andrew was nearby, watching.

I remember reading about it when if first happened. People can deny it all they want, but there were moments of real happiness affection and love between the two of them.
yes MOMENTS. when Charles intimated in his dimbleby book that he had never really loved Di, a photographer who had followed them when they went on a holiday, said "Did my camera lie" because he had pics of them kissing and having fun in the water.. BUt it was shaky.. I think. They were fond of each other, they had fun at times.. but it was only short periods...

Charles and Diana most certainly had the expectations when they married that they would be married for life and they really did have a idyllic relationship for several years and two wonderful boys. The tough part of a marriage is actual work and compromising and putting the other's best interest at heart first and it was in the day to day problems that discontent arose and couldn't be resolved. It is a common thing to happen in a marriage.

Those happy, golden times are never forgotten.
I don't know if it was that idyllic. I thin they had happy times but it was mostly when they could get away from Royal life, and be alone with the kids. Even then, I think that Diana probably found Charles a bit tedious with his "serious side" and he may have found her hard to tlak to when she wasn't very aware of issues in the world.
and I think that while there was fun at times, Di's illness, and her jealousy abouot Camilla would surface and make for arguments..

If they had' not been royal, and could have maybe had a larger family I think Diana's energies would have been focussed on her kids, and that would have givne her and C a big interest in common for many years, rearing them.. and the fact that they liked different things, woudl have mattered less. But they were royal, there were expectations of their leading a certain rigid life, doing duties In public, mingling with the RF socially etc.

Oh how I wish those days would come again. I miss them!

Oh how I wish those days would come again. I miss them!

You know, I miss them too. It was nice to see the royal ladies putting on their glittering gems for royal tours.

The very last public appearance of the original Wales family:

Back
Top Bottom