Charles and Diana Picture Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She also had a similar suit to the one in the picture- light blue with white checks and blue pill-box that she wore to William's confirmation. She looked incredible.

She did indeed...one of my favorite Diana looks!:whistling:

Charles and Diana 1981

By Lord Snowdon, from the Wedding Program.
Image in public domain

Attachments

• Charles & Diana.jpg
    Charles & Diana.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 578
Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely. Oh what might have been..

It's a beautiful and very regal portrait of The Prince & Princess of Wales.

Things were still going well enough. I think she tried so hard...

Nice to reminisce....and I think she loved him so very much at the beginning.

:previous:Hmmmm...I've never seen those photos, interesting. 1990 was supposed to be a time when their relationship had hit an all time low but they look happy and relaxed in Japan.

:previous:Hmmmm...I've never seen those photos, interesting. 1990 was supposed to be a time when their relationship had hit an all time low but they look happy and relaxed in Japan.

This trip was in November 1990. During 1991 Diana would be setting in motion the Morton book by recording tapes that she sent to Morton and that would result in the Morton book being published in May 1992. Knowing these facts, those bubbly smiles from Diana in November 1990 towards the unsuspecting Charles could be interpreted in a more chilling way. The more I have ever learned about Diana, especially the behind the scenes reality of all the photo-ops, the more sobering the story becomes. :sad:

Even as she smiled at Charles, she was plotting her pay-back for 'whatever'.

Yes, I agree with you Lady Nimue.

Diana's psyche could be a strange and unfathomable thing.:ermm:

This trip was in November 1990. During 1991 Diana would be setting in motion the Morton book by recording tapes that she sent to Morton and that would result in the Morton book being published in May 1992. Knowing these facts, those bubbly smiles from Diana in November 1990 towards the unsuspecting Charles could be interpreted in a more chilling way. The more I have ever learned about Diana, especially the behind the scenes reality of all the photo-ops, the more sobering the story becomes. :sad:

Even as she smiled at Charles, she was plotting her pay-back for 'whatever'.

One must understand, despite their marital problems, Charles and Diana shared some nice and friendly times together. They had their ups and downs like all couples. One doesn't have to try to make Diana out to be a sneaky person.

It's a friendly picture of the two having a nice time, nothing more than that.

Last edited:
Pictures:
The Prince & Princess of Wales joking around in Japan 1990-

Remember Diana

I've never seen these photos. They are great. I don't read too much into them. Or psycho analyze. Although I obviously know about their marital problems, and Diana's mental health issues- at that moment I see 2 happy people. Diana just looks happy to me. And beautiful. Love her outfit- especially the color. Never been sure about the hat.

Last edited:
:previous: Re the hat: As a very tall woman in Japan, Diana might not have wanted to add to her height.:)

Never thought of that. That achieved this how? Why couldn't she have worn just a regular headband?
Now that you mention it, I think I remember reading that height was a consideration. I understand it, but I still don't like it. The hat I mean.

I suppose the veil made it look more hat-like. It's certainly different from her usual hat style, particularly for that time.

One must understand, despite their marital problems, Charles and Diana shared some nice and friendly times together. They had their ups and downs like all couples. One doesn't have to try to make Diana out to be a sneaky person.

Okay. :flowers:

But....the Morton book was pretty darn sneaky. Just saying. :ermm:

It's a friendly picture of the two having a nice time, nothing more than that.

Looks that way. :flowers:

Okay. :flowers:

But....the Morton book was pretty darn sneaky. Just saying. :ermm:

Looks that way. :flowers:

Despite their rough and bitter separation, Charles and Diana had some good times. One can't allow the drama and actions, of the time, to cloud the good memories.

Thank you for these pictures, Dman. It's nice to remember these times.:flowers:

:previous: You're very welcome. I just think when you look past all the theories, speculations, articles, books and movies and tons of debates, you will see what was really there between Charles & Diana. There was love, laughter and lots of fun. That side of their relationship isn't talked about and reflected upon.

Pictures:
Remember Diana

“When he talks about her sometimes, he will say, ‘You know we did love each other very much.’ Suddenly out of the blue, ‘You know there was a time when we did love each other very much.’ So there was something.”

~ Royal relation to the Prince

Back
Top Bottom