Avatars, Fanart and Magazine Covers of Diana, Princess of Wales

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tenngirl, it does sort of look like that red/black striped dress she wore in Canada & Austria in '86, but I think it's really this blue/white striped outfit. It appears that someone at the magazine was 'seeing red' & decided to take some artistic liberties & re-colour the outfit.;) Many magazines did this every now & then & it always drives me crazy trying to figure out what outfit it really is!:bang:

Photo: J. Fincher

Is this a fake photo too?? I don't recall her ever wearing this jewellry with this gown. http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=69aj5.jpg

Squidgy, Yes I think your link is to a fake photo! :ohmy:

Her head is from Australia Nov.7, 1985:
photo: Tim Graham / CORBIS

The blue gown is from one of a few other occasions, possibly tours of Australia and Canada in 1983 or in 1985 when she wore a pearl choker with it.

More simply put, any Diana-fan knows she would never combine the jewelry that way -over the top and not well-coordinated.:flowers:

Last edited:
Good going Lady Jean! You must have a photographic memory! Yes, her head does look like it's from Australia '85.

Like you say, Diana would have never worn such an over the top combo of jewellry. And she would have had better taste than to wear her amethyst earrings with that gown!

They are all so beautiful and so many i HAVN'T SEEN BEFORE, thanx, please come up with more surprises!

Thanks for your help everyone! I had not put that outfit together in that color.

I am surprised that the editors would do that, what would be the point?

That second outfit that Squidgy linked was wild. I had no idea that the picture was photoshopped.

Well, now that my faith in pictures has been cracked, I will look a little bit more skeptically at them in the future!

Tenngirl

tenngirl said:
Thanks for your help everyone! I had not put that outfit together in that color.

I am surprised that the editors would do that, what would be the point?

Tenngirl

Probably because Diana's clothes were so popular, it would make people buy the magazine just to get a look at a "new" outfit.

I can remember buying a few magazines in the 1980's just to see her latest fashions. If I saw a cover of her wearing something 'new', then I would want to look inside to see more.

the Ghosts of Buckingham Palace

It's a little morbid but the idea came to me like that so ...buckingham-palace.jpg

My favorites are the first and the last one. Nice job gfg02.

Those are great well done. But maybe if you could make some t-shirts that might appeal to guys. Because the majority have some pinkish colors.

Some celebrities are taking advantage of the photo-shopping.

I remember an Angelina Jolie spread where I swear she was in just two outfits and they just used them over and over changing the colour, flipping the shot (which is clearly what they did with the red/white&black photo of Diana above), and altering the jewelry. Her expression never changed and Angelina is very expressive!

I wonder if Diana has been on just as many covers since 1997 as she was from 1980 to 1997? There would be a task!

Its like they tried to find a photo of her waving and then placed so it looks like she's blessing her own coffin.

VERY disturbing!

Beautiful Diana on June of Good Housekeeping Magazine

http://images.booksamillion.com/mag/covers/7/48/510/834/748510834506.jpg

Article:
Princess Diana - Good Housekeeping

TV GUIDE
TV Guide Media Player

Cash in on Princess Diana
::UTalk Marketing:: Cash in on Princess Diana

Diana special accompanies this week's HELLO!
HELLO! Photo gallery
Diana special accompanies this week's HELLO!

Russian magazine
Огонек № 36 09.08.1997
http://www.ogoniok.com/archive/1997/4519/

Life magazine
Cover Search Results | Life.com

Tributes
Magazine Releases « Princess Diana News

Hello magazine - in this week
http://multimedia.hellomagazine.com/magazine//hello/portada-revista-hello-985-520.jpg
News and photos of the rich and famous - HELLO!, hellomagazine.com#

Ladies' Home Journal - Diana Through the Years
Diana Through the Years

Tv Guide
Princess Diana Picture Galleries and Photos for Princess Diana | TVGuide.com

Daily News Diana covers
Daily News Diana covers

For you Truth,
Paris match - Diana la princesse des coeurs
Diana la princesse des coeurs - parismatch.com

OSCALA MAGAZINE - Addressing Diana
Ocala Magazine - Click to see whats inside.
Addressing Diana - Ocala Magazine

Diana at the cover of SEMANA
http://www.semana.es/Imagenes/pdf's/Especial Diana de Gales.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
It is sad seeing that photograph on the Housekeeping Magazine it looks like she is waving goodbye.

Lily

I read the article in the magazine it was an enjoyable read.

i didn't know where to post this, because this isn't exactly a book, but Good Housekeeping (US) has Princess Diana on their cover for the June issue. Good Housekeeping Philippines has reprinted the same article and put her on the cover as well for their July issue. ;)

Need help, writing Diana article

Hello, Diana fans! I have been asked to write an on-line article about collecting Diana memorabilia, since that is one of my great loves.

I am wondering if any of you have any particular items that you value especially, or that have value, or are unusual. Would you be willing to tell me about your item, or send me a photo of your item on-line?

If you are interested in sharing, please contact me. I'm expected to have the article ready by August 31, of course, and I hope to have it completed earlier.

Thanks to all of you! :flowers:

Laura aka iowabelle

My Tribute to Diana

Hello everyone :)

I'm posting to show you a tribute i've made to what can truely be described as "a special sort of woman". Women like Diana don't come around every day!

Well here it is, a shirt design i made that embodies everything i think about this woman:

Please tell me what you think :angel:

Last edited:
Pretty Cool ! How did you choose the picture ? Did you make it yourself ?

Back
Top Bottom