Avatars, Fanart and Magazine Covers of Diana, Princess of Wales

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pretty Cool ! How did you choose the picture ? Did you make it yourself ?

Well, my choice of picture was finding one that both brought out the best in diana and was most suitable for stenciling (sources lighting etc)

Russian magazine
Огонек № 36 09.08.1997
Îãîíåê ¹*36 îò*8.09.1997

The caption on the cover reads "Her Majesty Woman" and beneath it - 'The Princess had everything but happiness'.

The actual article is one of the worst I've ever read - full of gossips (all the popular ones + a couple of invented ones), incorrect information (one of the many - they list Diana as commoner and Camilla as 'blue-blooded titled aristocrat', and the other states Harry was born in 1983), along with some obviously revolting and stupid things - like physician's claims that Diana's wounds were not lethal, but she 'preferred' to die. :ohmy::bang:

The cover is nice though, this shade of blue really suited Diana. :)

Last edited:
Can't read russian but I trust you Avalon for giving us the main lines of the article ;). Thanks alot :flowers:.
The cover is nice though, this shade of blue really suited Diana. :)
Yes, I agree with you. She ,as well as her designers, must have noticed that also because Versace made a dress in the same blue (pic) :).

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome. I know Russian quite well, it's sort of my second language. :flowers:
Versace's dress is one of my favourites of Diana, although the one on the magazine's cover suits her better (imo). She looks sweet there. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant to say that you could pm me and we could discuss it outside of posting it here.

I really would appreciate your help.

Thanks! Laura

Well I have my first Diana book my mother bought for me in 1997 then I have a collectors plate Diana, Queen of Hearts of her in her wedding dress.

Hi! I will tell you about my most treasured Diana item. It's a catalog from her charity sale that I ordered from Christies as soon as they became available. I paid just $75 for the regular issue ones, and even though it's not one of the most special ones that has the serial number and personal message from her, it's extremely special to me. I have kept it all these years and everytime I look at it it makes me smile. I love to look at the pictures of her wearing the gowns. I also like to play a game I started awhile ago, of sort of tracking the dresses, keeping track of what happens to them, as they continue to crop up on the auctions around the world. One of them, Lot 5, sold recently at a Sotheby's auction in London, for over a million pounds. :rolleyes:

My first book about Diana was "Invitation to a Royal Wedding" by Kathryn Spink. My parents gave it to me for Christmas in 1981, it is still my most treasured book.

I have over 300 books about Diana, and they are all special to me. The ones with great monetary value would be the "Dresses" catalog and "Dicing with Di".

My first book about Diana was "Invitation to a Royal Wedding" by Kathryn Spink. My parents gave it to me for Christmas in 1981, it is still my most treasured book.

I have over 300 books about Diana, and they are all special to me. The ones with great monetary value would be the "Dresses" catalog and "Dicing with Di".
How cool Sammy you have a book on the Princess all the way from 1981. :)

my most treasured item is the scrapbook i started during the engagement and through the wedding. i did my own description of the bride, sort of a people magazine like description of the bride if i remember correctly.

I have newspaper and magazine clippings scrapbooked, right from the announcement of the engagement in 1981. I was 14.

I have a couple of hundred books, including the dresses catalogue which I bought before the actual auction. Christies even sent me a list of the results.

I think the most treasured items I have are the photographs I took of Diana at the Savoy Hotel on her 30th birthday.

my favourite feature of my tribute to diana are the eyes; taken from myra hindley - my other role model, or more precisely, my second favourite royal!

Last edited:
My most treasured item is a Princess Diana doll with her wedding gown on. I know I treasure it the most because my son who was 6 at the time went into the toy store with his father to purchase a toy for himself and came out with that doll for me. This was right after she had died when there was so much memorabilia being sold. Of course he was not alive when she married, yet he chose that particular doll, boxed up, for me. Imagine my surprise when they arrived home with "my" present! To this day, I have never opened it and it sits on top of my bookcase which is packed full of many diverse Princess Diana books, magazines, tea cups, etc. My son, in his own small way, was trying to comfort me, I'm very blessed. I think Diana would have liked that.

Lily

My most treasured item is a Princess Diana doll with her wedding gown on. I know I treasure it the most because my son who was 6 at the time went into the toy store with his father to purchase a toy for himself and came out with that doll for me. This was right after she had died when there was so much memorabilia being sold. Of course he was not alive when she married, yet he chose that particular doll, boxed up, for me. Imagine my surprise when they arrived home with "my" present! To this day, I have never opened it and it sits on top of my bookcase which is packed full of many diverse Princess Diana books, magazines, tea cups, etc. My son, in his own small way, was trying to comfort me, I'm very blessed. I think Diana would have liked that.

Lily
Thats such a nice story Lily97.

I have 2 books on Diana (Rosalind Coward's and Sarah Bradford's), it's not much but I love them even if many people the same already. I prefer to buy some books that are not full of gossips, so there's only a few I trust. My precious Diana 'thing', is my picture collection I have on my computer. I've more than 2 thousands of pics and these are really important to me, in particular the rare ones. Not very special but that's my stuff.:flowers:

Last edited:
These are all such amazing stories and items.

Lily97: A 'Lady Diana' wedding doll, in its box, from her (Lily97's) son.
sirhon: A Diana picture book (which I also have) and a lovely Lady Diana-wedding memorabilia plate
Duchess: Engagement-to-wedding chronicled scrapbook, with a personal description of Lady Diana as a bride
Helenw: Scrapbook of Diana's life from engagement to death(?), Dresses catalogue and price/sold listing, a hundred or more books, personal photos from Diana at the Savoy Hotel on the occasion of her 30th birthday
Sammy: 300 books, including "Invitation to a Royal Wedding" by Kathryn Spink (1981), "Dicing with Di", and the Dresses catalogue.
Me: Dresses catalogue, price/sold listing, scrapbook of magazine clippings
TheTruth: Two books, by Rosalind Coward and Sarah Bradford; computer archive of over 2,000 pictures, with some rare ones

Last edited:
CasiraghiTrio when did your Diana Picture book I got mine in the fall of 1997

CasiraghiTrio when did your Diana Picture book I got mine in the fall of 1997

It sounds like we got it around the same time. I bought it shortly after her funeral.
I also got the book of collected essays by her friends, family, associates from her charites, etc. the proceeds of which went to the Diana Memorial Fund. It has essays from people Rosa Monckton, Lady Annabel Goldsmith, Tina Brown, Richard Kay, Anthony Holden, Ingrid Seward, Lady Cosima Somerset....
I had another picture book for awhile, photos by Tim Graham that came in October 1997.
These books I don't have anymore. I was cleaning house a few years ago and decided to resell them on Amazon. :rolleyes: :shifty:

My Collection

This is just what will fit in the bookcase.

I have several years worth of Royalty and Majesty Magazines. As well as the "Young Royals" magazines that were only in publication for a short time. But they are all in a closet! LOL! As well as 2 Franklin Mint dolls (and outfits).
But believe it or not, mine is still a relatively small collection, I have friends with LOTS more!!

Attachments

• DSCN0399.jpg
    DSCN0399.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 349
Damn, I thought I had alot of Diana books. Impressive collection Sammy.

Sounds as though you should PM Iowabelle with some details of that collection, Sammy!

This is just what will fit in the bookcase.

I have several years worth of Royalty and Majesty Magazines. As well as the "Young Royals" magazines that were only in publication for a short time. But they are all in a closet! LOL! As well as 2 Franklin Mint dolls (and outfits).
But believe it or not, mine is still a relatively small collection, I have friends with LOTS more!!

My god :eek: ! Even the shelves are starting to give way. Totally impressive collection !

We've been contacted by a BBC journalist looking to interview someone with a collection of Diana memorabilia. It would be helpful if this person was in the UK, but it's possible that they could deal with someone in the USA or elsewhere in the world if need be.

If anyone has an interesting collection of Diana memorabilia, preferably including stuff other than just books, and is interested in taking part in this, please PM me with some details.

Thanks.

And, Iowabelle, I hope that article is coming along...;)

magazine covers

Thank you all for sharing your magazine covers, it was wonderful to see them all! Look forward to finding more!

That was a nice article she looked radiant in that pale blue off the shoulder gown.

Diana Life & Lifestyle article

The Royal Articles editors are starting a new Life and Lifestyle section of the articles venture which will focus on - yep, you guessed it;) - life and lifestyle issues. That section is hopefully going to be anchored by a series of articles which focus on the lifestyles of individual royals, and the articles will all have the same basic format.

The sections in the articles are as follows:
  • Style and fashion (formal and informal, to include jewellery, makeup, hairstyles, etc, as well as clothes; should include fashion development from before the wedding - or since leaving school for those who were born royal - to the present; emphasis will be different for male royals since we probably don't want to know about makeup and jewellery!)​
  • Home and family life (can include a little bit of background of the birth family as well as family lifestyle as a royal, but it should concentrate on the latter)​
  • Official duties (from the viewpoint of showing what sort of things they're interested in and how they go about their official life)​
  • Patronages and charities (same viewpoint as above)​
  • Education and cultural interests​
  • Hobbies and pastimes​
  • Summary of overall development since joining the royal family (or since leaving school, for those who were born royal)
As duties, charities, patronages, children, and fashion and style change over time, the sections can be updated to reflect that, so the articles hopefully won't go out of date. For ex-royals (divorced royals or princesses who lose their royal status on marriage), the emphasis should be on their lifestyles while they were still members of the royal family but the article can certainly also cover their lives since dropping their royal status. For Diana the same pattern applies - the main focus should be on her life while she was married to Charles, but her lifestyle after her divorce can be included. The idea is to start with modern crown princesses and then extend the series to cover other princesses, princes, monarchs, and historical royals. The series isn't going to include children, though, and we're giving a low priority to princes and princesses still in full-time education who aren't doing any royal duties. It also isn't going to include girlfriends or boyfriends or even fiance(e)s of royals; it's going to concentrate on real-life actual royals.

Marengo suggested that some articles in this series could be written by two or more authors, each writing different sections on the topics that interest them the most.

There's an article on Diana under way already, thanks to TheTruth, who wrote an article on Diana's fashion and has very kindly agreed to have that article be converted to the Style and Fashion section of a Life & Lifestyle article. She says she's very happy to have other authors involved in writing some of the other sections but can also write some of them herself.

So if you want to try your hand at writing one or more of these sections, please let me know, and I'll see how we can distribute the work. This article will be the template for later articles so it's something of an experiment, but I'm sure we'll find some willing guinea pigs around here!:D

Feel free to ask questions about this venture here - like I said, it's something of an experiment at this stage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom