The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-19-2005, 10:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
She deserved that funeral, if not under Royal Protocol, but for what she had accomplished in her short life and being William and Harry's Mum!.
and that was why she had the funeral she did!

Quote:
Sometimes Royal Protocol is not the answer to everything! That is what the House of Windsor fails to realize.
I dont think they "fail to realise" at all tiaraprin. The Queen is required to take advise and what she wants to do may not always be what is advised. I think in the case of Diana's funeral she listened to Blair and her other advisors as well as the wishes of Charles & her grandsons and, on that basis, made the decision to allow a semi-state funeral for Diana. It was such a shame that Earl Spencer had to spoil the ocassion with his obnoxious retoric. IMTS, you don't verbally attack your godmother, whether she be Queen or Commoner, in church on such an ocassion. IMO it was highly inappropriate and just shows what a cretin the man is!!

Old 08-19-2005, 11:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
and that was why she had the funeral she did!

I dont think they "fail to realise" at all tiaraprin. The Queen is required to take advise and what she wants to do may not always be what is advised. I think in the case of Diana's funeral she listened to Blair and her other advisors as well as the wishes of Charles & her grandsons and, on that basis, made the decision to allow a semi-state funeral for Diana. It was such a shame that Earl Spencer had to spoil the ocassion with his obnoxious retoric. IMTS, you don't verbally attack your godmother, whether she be Queen or Commoner, in church on such an ocassion. IMO it was highly inappropriate and just shows what a cretin the man is!!
In my post, I do not defend Earl Spencer or even mention him for that matter. Yes, the Earl Spencer is a cretin who is profiting from his sister's legacy. He has a line of furniture in upscale American Stores based on Althorp furniture and certain pieces are copies of Diana's right down to her etching her initials?? AND why did he do it?? To pay for all new plumbing at Althorp!! He sold out his sister for new plumbing!! It is quite bad enough that he shows her wedding dress at Althorp when she wanted it in the British Museum, but to design furniture to get plumbing?? You would think he gets enough money from his Althorp exhibition!!

I would just love to go to Althorp to see where Diana spent part of her life. I don't need his side show antics.

Old 08-21-2005, 04:28 PM
Aristocracy

Rest in pease Diana! I'am 2 years older than Diana! I was in the hospital when she was died! I never forget Princess Diana I love het to much! I have still grieve because she is dead, I have it still difficult if I see her on television! Princess Diana you are forever in my heart, I will never forget you!
Old 08-23-2005, 01:55 PM
Courtier

Umm well, what I can remember back to Aug 30th(pacific time in Seattle) and Aug 31th(in Paris Time ) I think it was saturday.. IN france Morning on Aug 31th. .Before it happened I went to nap for while and wake up from long nap I believe I wake up about 3 pm to 4 pm ( pacific time)on Aug 30th (in paris time is Aug 31th about 4 am) And turn on tv saw the wreck the car. I wonder who is involved in??? i was curious and found out it was Princess Diana and I immediately called to my sister and other friends about news.. In few Minutes later it was annocement that Princess Diana had died.. I was very shocked I can't believe it why it let happened.. I watched tv long night about 3 hours I think I can't remember. go reply all day and night... next day. Aug 31th (again pacific time) I went to see my sister and little cry about the news... anyway later the week until the funeral I had to get up early about 1 am to watch the tv for funeral of Diana.. I did cry... oh boy... ....

Karla
Old 08-23-2005, 02:05 PM
Aristocracy

Thumbs up

On 31 th of august 1997 we were on the boat of my parents and we were just eating breakfast . The radio was on and the they told us that princess diana was killed in a carcrash in paris. well , i was shocked because my sister and i liked that princess a lot and could,t believe that it happend. The whole week we saw crying people at kensington palace laying flowers there. I got goosbumps all over my body
It was very strange to see that palace again on tv, because in 1996 on 31 th of august i was in london with my ( now ex) boyfriend and making pictures of kensington palace.???!!!!!
Old 08-23-2005, 11:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla64
Umm well, what I can remember back to Aug 30th(pacific time in Seattle) and Aug 31th(in Paris Time ) I think it was saturday.. IN france Morning on Aug 31th. .Before it happened I went to nap for while and wake up from long nap I believe I wake up about 3 pm to 4 pm ( pacific time)on Aug 30th (in paris time is Aug 31th about 4 am) And turn on tv saw the wreck the car. I wonder who is involved in??? i was curious and found out it was Princess Diana and I immediately called to my sister and other friends about news.. In few Minutes later it was annocement that Princess Diana had died.. I was very shocked I can't believe it why it let happened.. I watched tv long night about 3 hours I think I can't remember. go reply all day and night... next day. Aug 31th (again pacific time) I went to see my sister and little cry about the news... anyway later the week until the funeral I had to get up early about 1 am to watch the tv for funeral of Diana.. I did cry... oh boy... ....

Karla
Yes we all cried at the funeral, I cried so hard I couldn't see for a couple of days. My eyes were so red, irritated, and puffy. Watching William and Harry marching behind their Mother's coffin broke my heart into millions of pieces. How I felt for those boys that day. I still worry about them now.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Ah, you're just an old softie, Tiaraprin.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Ah, you're just an old softie, Tiaraprin.
When it comes to Diana and her boys, yes I most certainly am!:)
Old 08-24-2005, 07:38 AM
Heir Apparent

A live size sculpture of the late Princess Diana and Dodi Al Fayed stands at the Bronze age foundry in London, 24 August 2005. Sculpted by artist and artistic advisor to Harrods, Bill Mitchell, "Innocent Victims" is a portrayal of the late Princess of Wales dancing with her lover Dodi Al Fayed. Diana and Dodi, who died in a 1997 car crash in Paris, have been commissioned by Dodi's father, Harrod's owner, Mohammed Al-Fayed. The two sculptures will be erected at Harrods and in Paris in due course, a press release from Harrod's said

From getty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	53455917.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	184543   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	184544   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	184545   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	184546  

Name:	53455921.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	184547   Click image for larger version

Name:	53455931.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	184548  
Old 08-24-2005, 12:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

For people wanting to talk about this statue, there's a thread here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=7007
Old 08-24-2005, 07:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
For people wanting to talk about this statue, there's a thread here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=7007
Thank you Elspeth. I don't want that horrible statue in this thread. This thread is to honor Diana, not dishonor or cash in on her!!
Old 08-27-2005, 06:07 PM

8th anniversary of princess diana's death

hi everyone :)

im new to this forum.
id like to tell everyone that on the evening/night of 30th august there will as usual be an all night vigil led by myself and my friend terry. We have done this vigil every year since the princess died, and will continue to do so for however long it takes.
the vigil is just outside the palace gates, we have all necessary equipment ie tents etc.
if anyone wishes to join the vigil this year please feel free to do so,arriving at the palace by about 6pm if possible.
sorry for the long post
Old 08-27-2005, 06:27 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

What are you hoping to achieve, magpies? You said you'd do it for however long it takes.

I just try to remember her on Aug. 31 and burn a candle, preferably jasmine since I heard she liked it.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:37 PM

8th anniversary princess diana's death

not trying to achievew anything apart from tryin to keep her memory alive the heirachy want everyone to forget about her.

NEVER
Old 08-27-2005, 08:39 PM
Royal Highness

As long as Diana is alive in her sons hearts she will never be forgotten. I agree with iowabelle; remember Diana quietly in your own space, say a prayer if you are that way inclined and ask the Good Lord to look out for William & Harry. You might also remember the thousands of others who die at the hands of drunk drivers throughout the world.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpies_2002
hi everyone :)

im new to this forum.
id like to tell everyone that on the evening/night of 30th august there will as usual be an all night vigil led by myself and my friend terry. We have done this vigil every year since the princess died, and will continue to do so for however long it takes.
the vigil is just outside the palace gates, we have all necessary equipment ie tents etc.
if anyone wishes to join the vigil this year please feel free to do so,arriving at the palace by about 6pm if possible.
sorry for the long post
Thank you Magpies for sharing with us. Anyone who wishes to participate should follow what Magpies has said.

I live in the United States, and every year I am off work Aug 30-31. I lost my Aunt (who was like a mother to me) on August 30th, and Diana on the 31st. It was quite a shocking blow for me. I spend that time quietly reflecting and offer up prayers for my Aunt and Diana.

Everyone mourns and reflects in different ways and for different reasons. There is no reason to ridicule how a person mourns unless it is something so utterly horrible like the statue that Al-Fayed has had made.

I do agree with Wymanda that this is also a time to reflect upon William and Harry and say a prayer for those two boys who lost a mother. It is also a good idea to reflect on the many who die like Diana did everyday. I think Diana would want us to pray for all victims of drunk driving, not just her.

Offer up a prayer for Dodi, a man being exploited by his father for his own gain. Dodi had faults, but dying as he did and also being exploited by a heartless father warrants a prayer. Dodi was a victim too and is still being victimized as Diana is, perhaps not on as grand a scale, but he is. I think Diana would want us to remember that also if she could talk to us.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:26 AM
Aristocracy

Where are the many people that crying on the day that diana died and cried for here, ware are the englich people that cried an the house were Diana lieved? Is she realy forgotten yet??
Old 08-30-2005, 02:19 PM
Aristocracy

I will be lighting a candle in Diana, Princess of Wales memory. To a lovely lady who raise our awareness of royals in today's world. To a wonderful person, a loving mother, a generous spirit. May she continue to walk with the angels.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Portraits of Diana in Harrods and Kensington Palace, today

From getty
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	53532744.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	187310   Click image for larger version

Name:	53532749.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	187311   Click image for larger version

Name:	53532751.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	187312  
Old 08-30-2005, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

http://estadis.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/302308.html

(...)
Mother of one of the heirs to the British throne, call Diana Frances Spencer, that she captivated to the world and she woke up many expectations, FOLLOWS "LIVE" in the mind of the people that still call "our princess of Wales", even though this Wednesday turn eight years of to have died in an automobile accident.
(...)

Tags
anniversary, diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, memorial, princess diana