The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-31-2019, 04:45 AM
Serene Highness

Today in Royal History is the 22nd Death Anniversary of Diana, Princess of Wales.

Old 08-31-2019, 04:56 AM
Majesty

I thought about Diana this morning. It doesn't seem 22 years. Kind, charitable, charismatic, beautiful. God bless the Princess of Wales, and may she rest in peace. Gone far too soon!

Old 08-31-2019, 08:23 AM
Nobility

Gone too soon. Never forgotten.
Old 08-31-2019, 10:43 AM
Serene Highness

Diana and her last words to the French fireman who tried to help her.

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencial...mbero_2203659/
https://translate.google.com/transla...9/&prev=search
Old 08-31-2019, 01:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I thought about Diana this morning. It doesn't seem 22 years. Kind, charitable, charismatic, beautiful. God bless the Princess of Wales, and may she rest in peace. Gone far too soon!
What a great woman and princess she was!
Old 08-31-2019, 01:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post
Diana and her last words to the French fireman who tried to help her.

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencial...mbero_2203659/
https://translate.google.com/transla...9/&prev=search
Yes, I remember how he tried to save her. It’s good that she had some good comfort in those last moments in her life.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-31-2019, 01:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Diana marked an era. I don't remember the day she died, because I was very young at the time, but I always heard my mother and grandmother talk about Princess Diana.
It is a pity that Diana did not know her grandchildren and could no longer follow the lives of her children, surely she would be proud of them.
Old 08-31-2019, 01:34 PM
Serene Highness

Me too. Her life and struggles dawned to me when I'm already in grade school early 2000's. She was a formidable woman.
Old 08-31-2019, 02:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Article in Svensk Damtidning today
En hel värld sörjer prinsessan Diana _ Svensk Dam
Old 08-31-2019, 03:22 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Princess Diana marked an era. I don't remember the day she died, because I was very young at the time, but I always heard my mother and grandmother talk about Princess Diana.
It is a pity that Diana did not know her grandchildren and could no longer follow the lives of her children, surely she would be proud of them.
Me too. I was born in the later '90s so I don't remember Diana at all, but my mother and aunt and other older relatives would often talk about her as well. My aunt was a particular fan of Diana and modelled her wedding dress on hers as was fashionable at the time she got married (in the mid 80s).

I do think it's especially sad that Diana never got to meet her children in-law and her grandchildren. I think she probably would've gotten on well with Catherine and Meghan, too. At least the Sussexes and Cambridges are both carrying on her legacy in an international and personal level - I remember William saying that he tells anecdotes to George and Charlotte about "Granny Diana".

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-06-2019, 05:13 AM
Serene Highness

Today in Royal History is the 22nd Anniversary of Diana, Princess of Wales' Funeral.

Tags
anniversary, diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, memorial, princess diana