The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Commoner

That's why when one of them have a girl I'll probably be really emotional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brielah-di View Post
I am very emotional for diana......the 8/31 is very very difucult day in my life...I remember here every day, in fact I have a big picture of her in my bed room and in my living room, she s very important.
Diana, we, all the people than really lve you, never will forget you, you will be in our hearts forever.
Sweet dreams my sweet princess in our solitarie island. may be the day that william and harry have a daughter we have diana back.

I hope we will be able to have a happy family ourselves.-Catherine the Duchess of Cambridge
Old 09-06-2011, 11:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nata8904

: Biggrin:yeah! I wait that come soon William and Kate have a baby girl!!
Yes ... and name her Diana.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:39 AM
Aristocracy

I wish I could remember her.....I was 4 when she died and now when I watched the funeral...I feel sad too,but for me she is a legend princess ! I love Diana and I wish she was here.........
The important thing is not to be bitter over life's dissapointments.Learn to let go of the past and recognise that every day won't be sunny.But when you find yourself in the darkness of despare,rememmber that it is only in the black of night you can see stars,and those stars will lead you home!So don't be afraid to make mistakes,to stumble and fall,cause most of the time the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most!!! :)
Old 08-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Courtier

I barely remember when Princess Diana died; I had just turned 7 a month earlier. The funeral was on the day of my dad's parents' 50th wedding anniversary party at their house. My mom said she couldn't pay attention to the news that week (which was all about Diana) because she and my dad were putting together a scrapbook for my grandparents, with pictures of them, their five children and their spouses, and eight grandchildren. I do remember reading a newspaper article about Diana when I was at the party.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:16 PM
Serene Highness

Well I was only 9 when she died but I do remember hearing the news saying the princess of wales has died. She was such an amazing beautiful lady and will always be remembered
RIP Diana.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahedwards2
I barely remember when Princess Diana died; I had just turned 7 a month earlier. The funeral was on the day of my dad's parents' 50th wedding anniversary party at their house. My mom said she couldn't pay attention to the news that week (which was all about Diana) because she and my dad were putting together a scrapbook for my grandparents, with pictures of them, their five children and their spouses, and eight grandchildren. I do remember reading a newspaper article about Diana when I was at the party.
I was born on Diana and Charles' 9-year wedding anniversary, so like I said, I turned 7 a month before she died.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Aristocracy

i was just 2 yrs old when she died my mom said she watched it with my dad and my grandmother said me and her watched it together i wish was a little older so i could really known her and saw her on tv and in magazines but if i had i probably could not have gone on i really love her
Old 08-27-2012, 06:07 PM
Courtier

I was 29 when she died so I remember exactly where I was when I learned she'd died.

Was visiting my grandmother in Vermont when her tenant, who worked at an inn in town, called as guests had heard on the radio the princess had been in an accident. The national news organizations hadn't broken with the story until shortly after that phone call. We stayed up until we heard the announcement that she had died.

This was one of the moments that one never forgets where one was when one heard the news.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:02 AM
Serene Highness

More:
Some pictures are new for me:
ÁLBUM - 15 anos sem a princesa Diana - Caras.pt
Old 08-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was 14 years old when she die, I am fan of her since that day.......she really was unique, thisaugust 31will be very hard for me.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 08-29-2012, 05:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham
I was 29 when she died so I remember exactly where I was when I learned she'd died.

Was visiting my grandmother in Vermont when her tenant, who worked at an inn in town, called as guests had heard on the radio the princess had been in an accident. The national news organizations hadn't broken with the story until shortly after that phone call. We stayed up until we heard the announcement that she had died.

This was one of the moments that one never forgets where one was when one heard the news.
I was sixteen, and at home, spending time with a friend. We were outside, and didn't want to go in, because it was cool out. When we did come in (after my mother threatened to lock us out ), we were informed about the accident. I can recall that night as if it were yesterday, along with the morning after, when my mom came into my room and told my friend and me that Princess Diana had passed on. I watched the funeral, and as much news leading up to it as time would allow. It definitely felt surreal for the first couple of days.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Its hard to believe that its been 15 years since that tragic night in Paris.

I remember hearing about the accident and subsequent death on the news but missed most of what happened for the next few days as we headed out for a camping trip where we had no TV or radio for the weekend. Coming home and catching up on things, I was totally astounded by the outpouring of grief around the world. The lines in the queue for the remembrance books and the gazillion flowers at Kensington Palace are pictures that have stayed with me since that time.

Somehow though, I really don't miss Diana all that much as I see her so much in the day to day activities of her sons William and Henry. A certain way of looking at the camera, interacting with kids in Lesotho, daring to go that extra mile for Walking with the Wounded, sleeping on the streets for Centrepointe. The list goes on and on and I imagine we've all seen Diana in other areas too.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:06 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I was only 6 when Diana died, and have absolutely no memories of the day. I'm not sure it received much attention in Armenia: at the time, the country was just recovering from the collapse of the USSR and the subsequent war, so international non-political news received little to no coverage.

It was quite a few years later (perhaps during the funeral of the Queen Mother, which was broadcast in France where I lived at the time) that I learnt of her life and death, and the outpouring of emotions usually very reserved British people showed at her funeral.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Courtier

When I told my mom I don't remember anything about Diana's death, she told me "You wouldn't, you were only 7."
Old 08-29-2012, 07:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi
Its hard to believe that its been 15 years since that tragic night in Paris.

I remember hearing about the accident and subsequent death on the news but missed most of what happened for the next few days as we headed out for a camping trip where we had no TV or radio for the weekend. Coming home and catching up on things, I was totally astounded by the outpouring of grief around the world. The lines in the queue for the remembrance books and the gazillion flowers at Kensington Palace are pictures that have stayed with me since that time.

Somehow though, I really don't miss Diana all that much as I see her so much in the day to day activities of her sons William and Henry. A certain way of looking at the camera, interacting with kids in Lesotho, daring to go that extra mile for Walking with the Wounded, sleeping on the streets for Centrepointe. The list goes on and on and I imagine we've all seen Diana in other areas too.
I remember the throngs of people waiting to sign remembrance books (mom contemplated taking my friend and me down to the British Counsalate to sign, but the plan was shut down because my sister was only one year old, and wouldn't have been able to handle it), and the sea of flowers at Kensington and Buckingham Palaces. Yes, Diana's presence is definitely felt through her sons. There are times when William's facial expressions are identical to those of his mother. Henry's zest and passion are very much Diana as well. However, the biggest reminders are their kindness, compassion, and the ability to give a bit of themselves to those that are vulnerable and in need of love.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:26 AM
Aristocracy

Tomorrow 15 years Princess Diana´s death. Today She´s very popular in many countries in the world.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha
Tomorrow 15 years Princess Diana´s death. Today She´s very popular in many countries in the world.
Actually it's 15 years ago tonight, if you take into consideration the actual accident itself, and that 4 am in Paris is 10 pm my time.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahedwards2

Actually it's 15 years ago tonight, if you take into consideration the actual accident itself, and that 4 am in Paris is 10 pm my time.
Well if you change it for time difference then of course it will be different. But Diana passes away on August 31st, which is tomorrow.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:22 PM
Courtier

It was the middle of a beautiful golden afternoon in early Spring here when we heard the news of Diana's death. The broadcast of her funeral was, I think, the most intensely moving event I've seen.
May she rest in peace.

Tags
anniversary, diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, memorial, princess diana