The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I was very disappointed in myself. I remember to pray for her at church that morning and then I got busy and forgot, what with it being Labor Day the next day. I remembered right around midnight but I didn't light the candle because I was afraid I'd fall asleep and burn the house down.

Old 09-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Well that'd be too bad to kill yourself by burning in your house for wanting to remember someone who is already dead.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 09-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Btw here's the video you were looking for jcbcode99

http://www.bbcmotiongallery.com/Customer/SearchDetails.aspx?searchText=princess+diana&type=Simple&page=10&itemId=4c76ce0c-f10b-4ec1-9094-3afac977a1c1

I finally found the video of her and the boys at Thorpe Park..god I loved her smile Btw, I'm a complete dumb head and spelled the park's name incorrectly on my original post.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Here's a video of the tributes left at KP this year, ya I know when you first look at it your like huh? but let the video run it'll get to KP eventually.

Old 09-21-2008, 05:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

I usually light a candle the night she died.This year I have been in the Ritz hotel of Paris visiting it and, I was all the time, thinking of Diana and trying to imagine Diana in the hotel.It is very sad.I admire her.She was a marvellous person.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Royal Highness

I light a candle for Diana, Princess of Wales each year and will continue.

I think her boy's tribute on the tenth year was closure for a lot of people and in the you tube video: it shows less tributes out at KP.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Diana's Death, 14 Years On: How Well We Remember

Princess Diana's Death, 14 Years On

TOMORROW IS THE ANIVERSARY OF THE MOST SADNESS DAY!.. BUT AFTER HER DEATH DIANA IS IN OUR HEARTS LIKE SHE WANTED LIKE THE QUEEN OF HEARTS...NO OTHER PRINCESS AROUND THE WORLD IS MOST FAMOUS AND LOVELY LIKE DIANA... MANY YEARS WAS HAPPEN AFTER TRAGICAL DAY! BUT ONE IS THE TRUE...DIANA IS A LEGEND AND ALL THE WORLD REMEMBERED SHE LIKE PEOPLE'S PRINCESS!

Diana is still the People's Princess 14-years after her death - Online News # 57560

Princess Diana is 'still Britain's most favourite royal'

Diana is still the People's Princess 14-years after her death - Yahoo!

https://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...09453614_n.jpg
Old 08-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I remember very well this day, as if it was yesterday.
I coul not believe it. And of course how we all cried at her funeral, especially these two boys walking alone behind the cuffin. And this word "mum" at the envelop..
I also have many thoughts for her, waching William's wedding. How proud she should have been for her two babies, who are now two wonderful men.

RIP Diana
Old 08-30-2011, 12:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
And this word "mum" at the envelop..
RIP Diana
: Triste:yeah! this letter "Mommy" broke my heart!! I only had 7 years old when Diana died!

https://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...09453614_n.jpg
Old 08-30-2011, 12:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I was nearing 8 when she died.
My mom found out at church, came home and told me, I cried and cried...
Looking back at the funeral now, the one thing that gets me sobbing more than any other is Harry's card on top of the coffin.
And I thought the music at the service was very special, perfect.
Nata, I love your graphic! Especially the pic of her in the long black dress in her drawing room!
Old 08-30-2011, 01:25 PM
Aristocracy

I was 14 years old, and I was watching some tv when the regular scheduled program got interrupted by the sad news. I was in disbelief and then told my parents who rushed to see the news on tv. VERY sad day.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:32 PM
Aristocracy

I was in the middle of a break-up when i heard for the first time about Diana's death. It was in the afternoon of the next day that i heard it. And of course i could not believe it as i a was a firm collector of Diana items and she was a part of my life, i could not believe that she wasn't there anymore. The following days where full with disbelieve and just confusion. Due to circumstances i had to watch the funeral in black and white.
This was a crazy period with all the media attention that followed.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by di-fan72 View Post
I was in the middle of a break-up when i heard for the first time about Diana's death. It was in the afternoon of the next day that i heard it. And of course i could not believe it as i a was a firm collector of Diana items and she was a part of my life, i could not believe that she wasn't there anymore. The following days where full with disbelieve and just confusion. Due to circumstances i had to watch the funeral in black and white.
This was a crazy period with all the media attention that followed.
I can relate to what you are saying. Even at my young age, and even though I never met her, I felt like I lost a friend.
Even more so, I think, because I am disabled, she did such good work for people in my position, raised money for us, and had an aura of acceptance, tolerance, and compassion towards us.
Plus it was just inconceivable before then to think of her dying. I mean I know she was a human being. Humans die. But she was also a princess. To an near 8 year old as I was at the time, princesses live in fairy tales, they do not die, they are immortal. Sadly ,I know ( and accept) the truth now. But I wish with all my heart she was here now. If I feel that way, I cannot imagine how Wills and Harry feel.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:09 PM
Heir Apparent

It is so hard to believe that 14 yrs has passed. Meet heer twice once in Buderium, and the other in Oxford she was so sweet both occasions and she remarked how funny we should be seeing each other in such different parts of the world. My son who was only about 3 when we lived in Oxford, touched her face and remarked on her beautiful skin.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Where is Buderium?
How did she reply to your son's remark? So sweet to have that memory of her...
You were very fortunate to have met her!
Old 08-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Administrator

14 years ago - it's unbelieveable. I was living at home with my Mum and she was catching an overnight bus to the airport for a holiday, so I was up late watching TV and heard the whole tragic accident unfold until i was so tired and went to bed at 5am. But I couldn't sleep and my mate phoned up at 7am saying Diana had had an accident and I told him she had died so he came over in a complete state and we watched the tv all day long in tears and drinking coffee. I called my mum and she said she heard the news just as she got to the airport and was just walking around in a daze waiting for her flight.
I will never forget those dreadful days that followed and will never forget Diana, our most beautiful princess.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:42 PM
Aristocracy

I remember it so well. I was in Barcelona, Spain and I really don't speak spanish. I saw the newspaper photos, Diana, Dodi and some damaged Mercedes, but honestly, I really thought that Diana and Dodi got engaged, I never made the connection to the carwreck. Until I called my mother, she said; "Diana is dead!"and I said: "I don't know no Diana.". She :"The Princess.", me: "*choke*".

I ended the call and ran to find an english newspaper, there it was. I was so sad. My flight home was when the funeral was held, I did not see anything till next day, when I saw the coffin with the letter from Harry. Mommy - that was when I really had to sit down and cry a bit.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Courtier

How could I not remember this sad day.
It was in the middle of the night I woke up the exact time the accident happened and the next morning I heard it on the radio.
I was telling my boyfriend they should stop making jokes about her and he was saying "No, it's the news".
I was shocked and turned on the tv immediately.
Breakfast was over for me
Old 08-30-2011, 02:56 PM
Nobility

To my generation (I'm 34) royalist or not, her death was as defining as Kennedy's was to my parents generation. I remember exactely were I was when I heard the news. The most surreal part of that period, was at her funeral, when the Queen Mother drove to the Abbey. I remeber thinking, that there is something wrong with a 96 yo attending a funeral for a woman of 36.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:04 PM
Heir Apparent

That was another surreal and eerie part of the whole thing for me.

Tags
anniversary, diana princess of wales, diana's death and funeral, memorial, princess diana