20th Anniversary of the Death of Diana, Princess of Wales: August 31, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When someone we love dies we always feel guilt it's part of the grieving process. I don't think he means just the accident either I think he means her life.

When someone we love dies we always feel guilt it's part of the grieving process. I don't think he means just the accident either I think he means her life.

Yeah, I know. I'm just saying the adults in Diana's life should've been there to help her and give her the support she so desperately needed.

After all I've read, I tend to believe that there were a lot of adults around in Diana's life that were more than willing to help her. She was headstrong and refused it and went her own way and wanted to deal with things on her own and in her own time.

I just don't buy that there weren't adults there to help her if she wanted it.

We aren't getting the full picture of this interview that is coming up in the documentary I think, just snippets. However, from the tenor of some of William's remarks I don't believe he is speaking just about the accident that took his mother's life, but also is commenting on Diana's life within the royal family. How isolated and alone she felt as a young woman, as William says, how she felt she had difficulties in putting her side across. This is just my opinion, but I feel her two sons understand how she felt and are sympathetic to those feelings.

Curryong I think your right that's my take on what I have read. I also think it's something William might have wanted to talk about for a while but it's taken some courage to do so.

William/Kate and Harry to attend a private service for Diana

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry will attend a private service to re-dedicate the grave of Diana, Princess of Wales at Althorp House on Saturday 1 July.

The service, which will fall on what would have been the Princess's birthday, will be conducted by the Archbishop of Canterbury and attended by her family.

Per Majesty Magazine

I find this quite touching that the grave will be rededicated by the members of Diana's family on her birthday. More importantly, I'm glad it will be kept private for family members. It gives them the time to gather together and share their memories and remember someone they loved very much.

It will be also something that both George and Charlotte will be able to understand. A real, live event going to a service for their grandmother and being able to get a mental picture of her place in the family scheme of things, hear some wonderful memories about her. It will enhance the reality of a grandmother to them that they've never been able to meet.

I hope that the press and photographers respect the family's wishes at this time and not focus on getting a "scoop".

Althorp, from what I gather, is a pretty big place. If its on a huge parcel of private land, that might make it a tad bit easier to keep it private.

If its private, why announce it?

And I hope that they are not taking the children to the graveside - a 2 and 4 yr old?

But understand the reason for the event and it will be good for the children to spend time with Spencer relatives.

All perfectly choreographed. Charles will be in Canada so 'unavailable to attend the rededication.

I'm inclined to believe that somebody caught wind of it and leaked it rather than it being something that the family announced. Just my own thought on it.

I imagine that along with the grave site service, the family will gather for a meal and a nice visit. They kids could actually stay behind with Nanny Maria during the actual service.

I really do believe that William would be very insistent that his children grew up with knowing who their grandmother was and how much she was loved. Eventually those kids are going to grow up and realize there's all kinds of information out there that puts their grandmother in a negative way and the more they grow up now to know the "real" grandmother, the better.

Peter Hunt‏ @BBCPeterHunt
Officials say they've made public a private service because it's the 20th ann of Diana's death and it would be difficult to keep it secret.

I don't think they would be taking the kids.

LaRae

:previous:

Not leaked - press release to the media.

Peter Hunt confirmed the kids will be there as well as diana's siblings

Yes, George and Charlotte will be at the service.

I think they just wanted to announce that this private service will take place with the whole family in attendance.

Yeps... publicly announced. I still wish it hadn't been though.

With a family gathering like this, I doubt it'd be a two hour in and out kind of thing but it would be nice to make a day of it. The kids being at the grave site service probably will never be known but that is at the discretion of their parents.

seriously people on the internet are ridiculous...complain about EVERYTHING..complain if they announce and are ahead of the story and complain if they don't and that they are being secretive...

people need to chill..i feel bad for these royals because someone is always bitching about everything they do...they can never do anything right in some peoples eyes.

I think it's good that they're including the kids in this occasion. They might be too young to really understand the impact and why it's so important but she's a part of their legacy, and I'm sure W&K speak of her to them. It'll be a good memory to have.

If its private, why announce it?

And I hope that they are not taking the children to the graveside - a 2 and 4 yr old?

But understand the reason for the event and it will be good for the children to spend time with Spencer relatives.

Even worse, George is still 3.

I also have no idea why they would make a press release about it when it's a private event with no media invited. I cannot stand their press team. It's constant mixed messages in regards to privacy. At best it makes the trio look fickle.

Althorpe announced it was closed on July 1. Many people probably would have visited on the first since it's a weekend and Diana's birthday. You don't want a bunch of people showing up at the estate and then they can't get in because it wasn't announced beforehand.

I don't see what wrong with the kids going. It most likely be a brief service at the grave. The kids probably already had the Daddy's Mummy is in heaven discussion.

Imagine the reaction of the press if they didn't announce it and then a month later it leaked to the DM or Sun? All hell would break loose.

Or if Diana's birthday came and went and the press thought there was nothing to mark it. KP would be accused of being callous.

Yeah they can't win. They've made it clear it's a private/family thing...but I would question if they could really 'sneak' in and out of Althorp on that day of the year without the press finding out.

Better to let it be known and move on in this situation.

LaRae

Althorpe announced it was closed on July 1. Many people probably would have visited on the first since it's a weekend and Diana's birthday. You don't want a bunch of people showing up at the estate and then they can't get in because it wasn't announced beforehand.

I don't see what wrong with the kids going. It most likely be a brief service at the grave. The kids probably already had the Daddy's Mummy is in heaven discussion.

:previous: There we have it folks. The voice of reason. :D

That's fine, the Spencer's solved the potential problem you described. And it makes KP butting in even more unnecessary then.

I really hope BP and CH never take media advice from KP. Let the latter flounder in it's own incompetence.

Back
Top Bottom