the casiraghi trio dating outside their race

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
City
NY
Country
United States
I was just wondering is it allowed?
will they be like disown if they do decide to date people outside their race?
is it a faux pas?

stephanie201985 said:
I was just wondering is it allowed?
will they be like disown if they do decide to date people outside their race?
is it a faux pas?

haha i doubt it seeing as Rainier married Grace and Albert had a child with NC.

I doubt it also. The family seems like a pretty accepting family with no prejudices against other races or religions. So yeah, the family is most likely okay with dating outside their race.

This is 2006 and even though I know there are some people out there who don't agree with it, it is happening more, I think. Since the trio are not heirs to the throne per se, I don't think it would be such a big deal (like Prince Max and Princess Angela since he isn't the heir).

Enchanted, what do you mean when you say you doubt it's an issue since Ranier married Grace?

BurberryBrit said:
This is 2006 and even though I know there are some people out there who don't agree with it, it is happening more, I think. Since the trio are not heirs to the throne per se, I don't think it would be such a big deal (like Prince Max and Princess Angela since he isn't the heir).

Enchanted, what do you mean when you say you doubt it's an issue since Ranier married Grace?

oh i just meant he was french and she was from the US.

enchantednights said:
oh i just meant he was french and she was from the US.
But that isn't outside their race so why would that be a problem?

Well, Charlotte did have a boyfriend awhile back who was black, or at least it said so in the media but I forgot his name. He was a french guy at her school in fontainebleau. I don't recall any big deal made of it. In fact, it was said it was a suitable match because his family was very well-to-do.

acid_rain3075 said:
But that isn't outside their race so why would that be a problem?

i was thinking nationality, seeing as there was this taboo with european princes marrying outside of europe.

OK, I was like, they both look white to me! :D

I'd be curious to see a pic or get the name of this gentleman that Carlotta dated.

Decided to start a thread like this over hear to. Well, Monaco is very international and as long as they rich then I dont think they would have any problem really. I mean albert has a black illegitamate son and the people dont really care.

CasiraghiTrio said:
Well, Charlotte did have a boyfriend awhile back who was black, or at least it said so in the media but I forgot his name. He was a french guy at her school in fontainebleau. I don't recall any big deal made of it. In fact, it was said it was a suitable match because his family was very well-to-do.

Got any pictures?

BurberryBrit said:
OK, I was like, they both look white to me! :D

I'd be curious to see a pic or get the name of this gentleman that Carlotta dated.

haha yeah i realised right after i had posted it same thing with NC I was thinking Togo and with Grace US and just got it mixed up. doing too many things at once haha :rolleyes:

Princejohnny25 said:
Decided to start a thread like this over hear to. Well, Monaco is very international and as long as they rich then I dont think they would have any problem really. I mean albert has a black illegitamate son and the people dont really care.

well i don't neccessarily think they would have to be rich. it would help. but if they were middle class and educated i don't think it would matter much. i mean look at metter marit in norway. and she's crown princess! so if the casiraghis fell for someone of low income, i doubt it would be much of a fuss

I've always believed that class trumps race. . .most of the time. BUT ultimately, love is love. And a middle or low class person with a good heart trumps a rich cold person anyday.

grim_lady said:
I doubt it also. The family seems like a pretty accepting family with no prejudices against other races or religions. So yeah, the family is most likely okay with dating outside their race.

I don't really think so,since Rainier refused to marry Albert to Nicole because she was black, and I even heard that he completely ignored Alexandre. :(

Did Albert even want to marry her? If so, I didn't know that.

Lafawnduh said:
I don't really think so,since Rainier refused to marry Albert to Nicole because she was black, and I even heard that he completely ignored Alexandre. :(

i honestly down Albert wanted to settle down and especially with NC. whether Rainier liked NC and Alex or not, only he and maybe Albert know, but I'm not going to assume anything out of respect.

enchantednights said:
i was thinking nationality, seeing as there was this taboo with european princes marrying outside of europe.

Well, I happened to read an interview with some Roman aristocratic ladies that they hadn't met Prince Rainier since he married "that American woman"...

Well this does'nt really count but Andrea is dating someone of Italian ancesrty-I don't know wether she is a born and bred Italian. Ijust know her father is Italian.

Lil princess lost said:
Well this does'nt really count but Andrea is dating someone of Italian ancesrty-I don't know wether she is a born and bred Italian. Ijust know her father is Italian.

Santo Domingo is not an Italian surname.

Lil princess lost said:

her father is Colombian.

Tosca said:
Well, I happened to read an interview with some Roman aristocratic ladies that they hadn't met Prince Rainier since he married "that American woman"...

well what i meant was that it was encouraged for europea princes to marry aristocracy (german, italian, french, etc..) and he married grace and that caused a bit of an uproar.

So his girlfriend is Hispanic/Latina. In the US, Hispanics are considered a minority/non-white. So there's another example I gues.

Titiana's parentage

I hear her mother is Brazilian.

I think Tati is from south america.

to the question: I'm sure that wealth is very important for the family. I doubt that they care about things like "races". Caroline may be snobbish but she's isn't a racist, can't imagine that.

Tatiana is from Colombia, and lives in London. Her father is Colombian and her mother is from Brazil. I read she is very rich. Andrea and Tatiana came to Brazil in the last weeks, with her brother and a group of friends.

Mrs.Smith said:
I think Tati is from south america.

to the question: I'm sure that wealth is very important for the family. I doubt that they care about things like "races". Caroline may be snobbish but she's isn't a racist, can't imagine that.

:)
BurberryBrit said:
So his girlfriend is Hispanic/Latina. In the US, Hispanics are considered a minority/non-white. So there's another example I gues.
Yeah since she's from Brazil she would'nt be considered white because the people of South Central, America, Mexico, Puerto Rico, other islands aren't consideered white because they're mixed with the native brown race indians and black slaves, and sometimes Asians so thats why they have a seperate race catergory for them and thats why they say hispanic/latino. But in some places that were claimed by Spain such as Aregentina, and Cuba they're mostly white, with much more European influence and settellers who settled there cause they killed off the native indegenous people, but all the others I said its mostly the native or black race or mixed. But if he was dating a girl from Spain or married a girl from Spain thats completley different. Because they're caucasions over there! They're caucasion because they are, in Spain they don't seperate themselves from the rest of Europe and say they're a different race. They say like all other Europeans caucasion/white or medditeranean. Plus the whole Moorish influence in Spain is way overemphasized! It was mostly white middle eastern Moors who setteled there and very few blacks! Plus they're all expelled after awhile. Have you, like I ever taken a trip to southern Spain and Morrocco you'll find that even a southern Spainaird (where the Moors were mostly at) dosen't look anything like a north African Morrocan person! Plus everybody thinks even white Spaniards are very dark not true at all lots of Spaniards including myself, I'am Spanish American are born blondes,(just take a look at the Spanish Royalty section you'll find that they were blondes and look very white all the way through!)
and then later turns brown. They're complexion isn't that dark at all. Its usually just regular medium skin tone, you'll see olive but its usually a fairly light to medium olive olive. You'll se all difrerent kinds of colorings in Spain from dark (not as dark as some Italians and greeks even though I'm half Italian, I'm fairly light) to very fair. Plus they even did reports in Spain by the Spanish goverment I read and blood analysis says that Spain is well within and is in the Caucasion European gene pool just like any other European country. Plus the hispanic/latino catergory which I read is very true that it only applies to people who come from, mixed race ancestreal heritage from South, centeral America, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Dominican, other Spanish colonial islands , but if you're a Spaniard who comes to live in the U.S you just say white/caucasion. Lets just put it this way Spaniards are Caucasion European, like any other European country. They like to say they're Iberians.:) I'm sorry I got so off topic there I just wanted to say that, that if Charlotte's dating a guy from Spain, Pierre or Andrea are dating a girl from Spain and people, U.S people under the Royal Forums here might say, Oh she's, He's not white they're dating a different race just incase that happened I wanted to get it cleared up because everybody thinks just here in the U.S only that all Spanish Speaking countries aren't Caucasion. Most of them are not except for Spain!:) So Andrea dating a girl from Brazil I thnk its kind of neat. Portugese that unusal lovely rare language. I don't think Tatiana is really a different race because she sure looks white to me! Her facial features and everything. She dosen't look like the typical mixed race hispanic/latino.

Last edited:
You make a good point De La Cruza, and that is something that I had to learn: Spaniards are European but South Americans have more of an African and Native Indian influence making them a different race from Caucasions.

When I look at pics of Tatiana, she's obviously fair/light compared to some other Brazilians and Colombians. We don't really know where her ancestors came from. Her parents might be from those countries but their parents might have been European. So, you're right. It's not just about where you were born. For example, a white African is still white. Even though when you think Africa, you know it's mostly in habited but black Africans.

That's why culture and class play a much bigger role than just race! :)

Will an angel scan pics of Carlotta's ex-BF? I just want to see what he looks like. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom