The Casiraghi Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The grandmother said they did not give Charlotte an island. What would they give the other 2 children? Sometimes she answers in questions so maybe she is trying to avoid a direct answer. ( I had read that it was in the grandfather's will) She said the press made it up because so little is known about Charlotte. Said Charlotte is reserved, but tough, and does whatever she wants. It says Charlotte did get a certificate from the Sorbonne (per writer). Said Pierre was the wild one and the most like Stephano. Andrea the most sensitive. Says she has met Alex but didn't know him well enough to make a judgement on him. Said that Charlotte was very sensible and was a good student. Said PC started calling her mom even before her marriage and still calls her mom.

Sounded like the interview was done in Monaco. The grandmother is in her 80's and still works in the family company.

I don't know what kind of magazine this is. The interview could easily have been made up. Not much we didn't already know.

"A true Casiraghi". :D That's enough. End of story. Everything else is just superlative. ;)

The grandmother said they did not give Charlotte an island. What would they give the other 2 children? Sometimes she answers in questions so maybe she is trying to avoid a direct answer. ( I had read that it was in the grandfather's will) She said the press made it up because so little is known about Charlotte. Said Charlotte is reserved, but tough, and does whatever she wants. It says Charlotte did get a certificate from the Sorbonne (per writer). Said Pierre was the wild one and the most like Stephano. Andrea the most sensitive. Says she has met Alex but didn't know him well enough to make a judgement on him. Said that Charlotte was very sensible and was a good student. Said PC started calling her mom even before her marriage and still calls her mom.

Sounded like the interview was done in Monaco. The grandmother is in her 80's and still works in the family company.

I don't know what kind of magazine this is. The interview could easily have been made up. Not much we didn't already know.

She respond clearly that they didn't gave her a island to Charlotte.

At no time did she say that Charlotte get a certificate from the Sorbonne. They ask her: Is Charlotte in London? and Fernanda answer: Now that she has completed the studies, she lives among London and Montecarlo. She trains for show jumping.

This es magazine "Gioia"

Gioia - Abbonati online

These are some of the answer of Fernanda,

"Charlotte always have been more calm. A very reserved girl. As the rest of Casiraghi: we are all very reserved. We don't like the reporters."

Charlotte has been under the point of view of the press and onlookers since she was little:

"She defends herself well, being very reserved. She isn't in the point of view as her mother was. And you (referring to the journalists) have far less than talk"

They say that with him (Alex), she is more serene.

"She always has been serene, since she was little girl. She has never had ups and downs, or crisis."

If you have understood me :whistling: and you want that I translates more, you say me :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot FanofMonaco and rerehh!
Rerehh-your translation was excellent:flowers:
In a part of the interview Fernanda was asked about Char's friends? Maybe i'm wrong..

Thank you for the beautiful translation! :)

What a wonderful grandmother she has, and vice versa.

The grandmother confirms for me what I have always thought, as Charlotte comes across as reserved, shy, and serene.

More & more she reminds me of her father, Stefano, in terms of his expressions, gestures, stance, and personality. You can see that the father lives on in his lovely baby daughter. What a joy & comfort it must be for Stefano's mother. :)

The following pictures of Caroline & Stefano together are a testament to how much Charlotte takes after both of her lovely parents:

Stock Images – Corbishttp://www.corbisimages.com/Search#p=3&s=50&sort=0&q=princess caroline&ri=42-22576260&rin=22576260

I liked the interview a lot. It was very interesting. Just one thing bothers me about the grandmother. I believe she is a sweet woman, hard working, and essentially good in her heart. I believe she adores her family. But there is something strange about doing an interview and then saying you and your family dislike the press. And this is NOT her first interview. She's done several about her grandkids over the last two decades. So why does she say she and her family dislike the press? Why does she go to talk to the press and then say she dislikes it? It's a strange way of going on, imho.

Thank you for the beautiful translation! :)

What a wonderful grandmother she has, and vice versa.

The grandmother confirms for me what I have always thought, as Charlotte comes across as reserved, shy, and serene.

More & more she reminds me of her father, Stefano, in terms of his expressions, gestures, stance, and personality. You can see that the father lives on in his lovely baby daughter. What a joy & comfort it must be for Stefano's mother. :)

The following pictures of Caroline & Stefano together are a testament to how much Charlotte takes after both of her lovely parents:

Stock Images – Corbis

Oh, now that i saw the gallery i just recalled how thin was Albert back then! Now he is totally like looking to another person.
He's changed so much.

And to turn back to the subject.. Caroline and Stefano was a really beautiful couple.
And Piere reminds me of him especially when he smiles.
Char's chin is like her fathers and she has the italian grace and beauty, so does Andrea.

She's done several about her grandkids over the last two decades. So why does she say she and her family dislike the press? Why does she go to talk to the press and then say she dislikes it? It's a strange way of going on, imho.

I agree. Also when she´s asked about Charlotte´s friend being socialites. She asnwers that you find friends according to the circles you move in. In part it´s true. But you also choose your friends. One thing I dislike of Charlotte is that she doesn´t have any otner type of friend. Didn´t she make fiends at university for example?

Thanks a lot FanofMonaco and rerehh!
Rerehh-your translation was excellent:flowers:
In a part of the interview Fernanda was asked about Char's friends? Maybe i'm wrong..

You're welcome :flowers:. Here is the entire interview. Sorry for the mistakes, but my English is bad and moreover I've done it quickly.

My Charlotte won't suffer as Caroline.

She wants to be a journalist but she knows how to avoid gossip. Words of the grandmother Fernanda: "She is calm and private. Like a real Casiraghi".

"Look what a grandmother can only tell good things of her granddaughter". Fernanda Casiraghi, Charlotte's grandmother and Stefano's mother. She has just landed in Monaco from Fino Morasco, near Como, where she lives and still works in the family company.

- Has you seen your grandchildren?
- I don't, I don't know where they are. They grow and go away. I'm expert. I have eight grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. They are the youngest members of the family.

- But they that make themselves heard?
- The grandmothers are always those who call. The others (grandchildren) aren't different. They are young, that's all right.

- I bet you have the photos of all in the chimney
- The photos and the thought in the heart, specially of these three, they grew without a father. Fortunately, they had a good mum.

- Do you get along with Caroline?
- Great, I'm proud of her. She started calling mom even before her marriage and she still do it.

- Are you close up to them when they were growing?
- Always.

- Were you a strict or indulgent grandmother?
- The grandparents always are affectionate, sometimes too much.

- Why? Were they very dynamic?
- (laughter) Pierre was the wilder. He's the most like my Stefano. He only has been with his father the first three years of his life, but he has the same personality. The DNA does not lie.

- And, How was Charlotte?
- Charlotte always have been more calm. A very reserved girl. As the rest of Casiraghi: we are all very reserved. We don't like the reporters.

- And Andrea?
- He was a big boy when his father died, of the three, he's the most suffered. He's the most sensitive.

- Do they get along?
- They are very close from each other, they go on holiday together, support each other. The lack of his father what keeps them close.

- Can you describe to Charlotte?
- She has ulterior determination ( I don't understand this part very well in Italian, so in English...). She is docile and sweet, but is tenacious, and she does whatever she wants.

- Is it true the island history?
- What island?

- It's said that when Charlotte turned five her grandparents gave her a island off Sardinia.
- No, It’s a legend. Excuse me, but, what does a kid with a island? and, with two others, what we give them? but, Who told those?

- The papers say it, Charlotte's biography on the web
- Before, was only the papers, now Internet does hurt also.

- Charlotte has been under the point of view of the press and onlookers since she was little.
- She defends herself well, being very reserved. She isn't in the point of view as her mother was. And you (referring to the journalists) have far less than talk.

- Do you advise them?
- If they ask me, advise. But are smart, don't need my advise.

- Is Charlotte in London?
- Now that she has completed the studies, she lives among London and Montecarlo. She trains for show jumping.

- All her friends seems to be of the high society.
- You find friends according to the circles you move in, but you don't have because look like them.

- It seems your granddaughter likes to write.
- She is interested journalism, but want to do it herself.

- What you wish for her?
- I'd like her to have a beautiful family, become a good mother

- A good mother with a good job, as you?
- True, I have worked hard and still work. But, I wish she would calm a little more family.

- Do you know Charlotte's boyfriend?
- Of course.

- Does he have approved of the grandmother?
- I don't know him well enough to make a judgement on him. But Charlotte is a sensible girl. I hope she has chosen well.

-They say that with him, she is more serene.
- She always has been serene, since she was little girl. She has never had ups and downs, or crisis.

I agree. Also when she´s asked about Charlotte´s friend being socialites. She asnwers that you find friends according to the circles you move in. In part it´s true. But you also choose your friends. One thing I dislike of Charlotte is that she doesn´t have any otner type of friend. Didn´t she make fiends at university for example?

Rosana, We don't know all her friends ;)

You're welcome :flowers:. Here is the entire interview. Sorry for the mistakes, but my English is bad and moreover I've done it quickly.

Rosana, We don't know all her friends ;)

And, I would imagine it's difficult for any of them to have friends outside their social circle, because they may not know who they can trust :eek: - some may be publicity hounds and just want to be friends w/them so they can spill secrets to media; be photographed w/them; enjoy trips on the PACHA....but, how many average citizens can keep up financially, as well as have that kind of personal time to fly around the world on a whim.....:whistling:

With the Casiraghis, there's probably just a trust issue period, with any "type" or social class of the person. They could be betrayed by any of their rich friends. Eugenie Niarchos could go do an interview and tell the darks secrets tomorrow. But she doesn't because she knows that it would end their friendship. And it would be so with anyone who valued the friendship. You stay loyal if you value the friendship, for whatever reason, as long as the friendship is more important than the temporary high of media attention/money, the trust will be there. Social class isn't the key. It's the value for the friendship.

I'm guessing she has Monegasque friends, friends from San Remy and riding friends from Espace Rozier that we don't see. The pictures the press wants are of glamorous people in glamorous places. Juliette is an example of a Monagasque friend and Andrea's friend at American University that has Cerebral Palsy. The Casis went to French public schools so they have been exposed to people of all income levels. And contrary to their glamorous images, I have noticed that PC and Charlotte have always preferred to live in small villages rather than large cities like Paris. I think Charlotte may be living in some small village like Bois le Roi now so that she can train.

Princess Caroline, along with Stefano's family, and other relatives involved in their upbringing should be congratulated on raising three remarkably well-adjusted children, especially being in the spotlight not of their own choosing.

Thus far I've never read about any scandals involving any of them, nor seen inappropriate pictures of them, et al. Rather, they have managed to maintain their privacy, act appropriately befitting their position as children of a Princess and grandchildren/niece/nephews of a monarch, and at the same time attain an excellent education along with maintaining a healthy lifestyle, which includes esquestrian extracurricular activities for Charlotte.

Bravo, Caroline, Bravo!!!!!:heart1:

The Casis have an incredibly broad knowledge of the world. In Monaco they have been exposed to people from over 100 different countries and probably all of the major religions. They speak several languages. Due to their wide travels, charities and growing up in San Remy they are used to being around all classes of people. They probably have a better understanding of the world's people than most diplomats and politicians. They are trained ( the boys at least) in government, economics, law and business. I wish US politicians were 1/4 as well trained as they are.

The Casis have an incredibly broad knowledge of the world. In Monaco they have been exposed to people from over 100 different countries and probably all of the major religions. They speak several languages. Due to their wide travels, charities and growing up in San Remy they are used to being around all classes of people. They probably have a better understanding of the world's people than most diplomats and politicians. They are trained ( the boys at least) in government, economics, law and business. I wish US politicians were 1/4 as well trained as they are.

WELL WELL said!!!

And we should not forget that Caroline has always a "chameleon" gift. She looks in her place as a Royal Highness in a royal wedding, but also dressed:p like a village woman in St Remy, in a folklor local celebration.

This is quite unlikely. The Casiraghi´s exposed to people from 100 countries??? Where did you get that from? they are rich, famous, they live in a bubble. Her mother has kept them out of the spotlight most of their lives!! They have not even lived in Monaco! Charlotte can hardly give an interview if she doesn´t study the answers by heart, and you speak of them as if they were almost representatives of the country? what are you talking about? We cannot possible know if they have a wide knowkedge of the world, that would include a wide culture among many other things. Most people are always guessing here, or proyecting their ideas in the trio.

They're referring to the 128 different nationalities that live in Monaco.
But you're right. For most of the past two decades, neither Caroline nor the Casiraghis, have lived in Monaco. They were permanently living in St Remy by 1991 (if I remember correctly) and after Caroline married Ernst in 1999, they moved to Mée-Sur-Seine. It was only last year that Caroline moved back to Monaco full time and none of the trio live there permanently. Andrea and Charlotte live in Paris (Charlotte also splits time with London) and Pierre lives in Rome. They have bases in Monaco but they most certainly don't live there (permanently at least). I think some people take a frquency of visitation for official events and the like as though it were almost permanent reisdency, which certainly isn't the case. For the most part, Caroline and her children have kept their physical and spiritual headquarters outside of Monaco for quite a long time. ;)

Thanks, rerehh, again for the interview:flowers:

AS children they spent all of their summers in Monaco. They had plenty of time to get to know people. Again, I emphasize, most American Congressman do not have this kind of foreign knowledge or comprehensive government, business, econnomic and legal knowledge when they enter office. To paraphrase from the movie "Parenthood", To get a dog you have to have a license. Any idiot can be a politician. It's scary.

I agree they have a lot of international and cultural experience, but so do lots of people. Your use of "most" congressmen seems to be an exaggeration, imo.
The Casiraghis are very cool, but I think FanofMonaco overrates them a bit. :ROFLMAO:

Well, i don´t think being in contact with people from diferent countries gives you a wide knowledges of the world. I would say travelling a lot, and reading probably do.

Well, i don´t think being in contact with people from diferent countries gives you a wide knowledges of the world. I would say travelling a lot, and reading probably do.

I think rosana, all three contact, traveling and reading would give you knowledge of the world.

I meant newly elected Congressmen.

Many a war has been started by a misunderstanding. A good understanding of another country's culture is very important.

I agree I was a little over the top, but continue to be amazed at the level of education they receive to rule a country smaller than Central Park.

The Casiraghis rock my world. :lol: Pretty sad, huh?

Enjoy a little "history" of the Casiraghi family!

Another data, the complete name de Fernanda is Fernanda Francesca Roberta Casiraghi ;)

In case you are interested, there are any mistakes, like for example:

- Charlotte started école maternelle in "Les Dames de St Maur", Monaco
- They begun to study in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence in 1992. They studied in "Ecole de la République"
- Andrea was learning to play the violin in 1990, in "l'Académie de Musique Rainier III"
- They took their first trips to Manhattan in September 1990.
- "They also said she asked for a Givenchy dress for her birthday", it was Caroline, no Charlotte.
- Alexandra study in Institution Francois d'Assise Nicolas Barre (FANB), in Monaco

There are some thing more, but I don't get much time and English is difficult for me

I hope you won't take offense :flowers:

Casiraghitrio, I did notice that you have changed some of the things I said to you, I'm feeling happy for having been able to help you. :flowers:

Another data. The first concert of violin of Andrea was end of 1990, beginning of 1991 . I should see my old magazines, just to be sure.

Another data, the complete name de Fernanda is Fernanda Francesca Roberta Casiraghi ;)

In case you are interested, there are any mistakes, like for example:

- Charlotte started école maternelle in "Les Dames de St Maur", Monaco
- They begun to study in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence in 1992. They studied in "Ecole de la République"
- Andrea was learning to play the violin in 1990, in "l'Académie de Musique Rainier III"
- They took their first trips to Manhattan in September 1990.
- "They also said she asked for a Givenchy dress for her birthday", it was Caroline, no Charlotte.
- Alexandra study in Institution Francois d'Assise Nicolas Barre (FANB), in Monaco

There are some thing more, but I don't get much time and English is difficult for me

I hope you won't take offense :flowers:

I also had a couple of edits to add:
Two errors on the time line:
1. Jazmin was acknowledged in 2006, not 2005. Alexandre was the only on acknowledged in 2005. (dates approximate: Jazmin was acknowledged on May 31, 2006 after a DNA Test proved it; Alexandre was acknowledged on July 6, 2005, via a statement from PA's lawyer after a DNA test)
2. Pierre never graduated from Bocconi-he left in 2009.

and one error on the Grimaldi XXI page:
Pauline's a DIVER, not a swimmer. so one of her hobbies should be diving, not swimming or we can call a happy medium at Swimming & Diving. ;)

^Thanks for the info. I will get around to fixing it soon.

Here is something cool about the Casiraghi family.
LUIGI ARTURO BIANCHI - Universita' Bocconi
One of Beatrice Borromeo's former professors? ....... Luigi Arturo Bianchi, professor of law at Bocconi University. He is a brother of Charlotte's godfather, Dr. Massimo Bianchi, whose wife is Dr.ssa Rosalba Casiraghi. Luigi is on a lot of committees with Massimo and Rosalba.

I love the name Arturo! Once upon a time, I had a dream of naming my son that. :lol: Not too keen on Luigi though. Reminds me too much of the Mario Brothers. :ermm: I have an addition (not correction) for you site CT - Marco is president of Monacair Monaco. Stefano founded that company in 1988. I don't know what happened to his other companies. Caroline was left all of them, as far as I know. I think she sold on some, like Codil and Power Boat (though she might have kept that one? :ermm:), and kept others like Monacair and Engeco. I like the idea of Caroline still owning Riviera Auto - the garage on Boulevard Italie - but I don't think she does.
Anyway, I come bearing news! But I can't post it in current events because it's not really... current anymore. :ermm: You know Stefano's construction company, Engeco? (By the way, will someone please fix that part on his wiki that says he had a majority share in Engeco? He did but he founded the company in 1984). Well, turns out Pierre now owns the majority share. Here's the press release from Bird & Bird Italy:
Lo Studio Legale Bird & Bird Italia assiste Pierre Casiraghi nell'acquisizione della quota maggioritaria di ENGECO SAM
Nel Board della società tutti italiani.
ENGECO SAM, società di Montecarlo attiva nell’ambito delle costruzioni edilizie, è stata fondata nel 1984 da Stefano Casiraghi.
Grazie all’acquisizione del pacchetto maggioritario, Pierre Casiraghi intende contribuire in maniera significativa – accanto agli altri soci, tra i quali l'impresa Pizzarotti, partner industriale che fornirà know-how e supporto tecnico a ENGECO SAM – allo sviluppo della società sia nell'ambito delle attività tradizionali che nell'ambito di nuove tecnologie, con particolare attenzione al settore delle energie rinnovabili.
Il CdA di ENGECO SAM ha nominato Giorgio Cassina e Luciano Garzelli Amministratori Delegati, Marco Gandolfo Direttore Generale e rinnovato la carica dell'Ing. Marco Casiraghi a Presidente della società. Gli aspetti legali dell’acquisizione sono stati curati dall’Avvocato Edoardo Courir, Partner dello Studio Legale Bird & Bird Milano
Translation:
The legal firm Bird & Bird Italy assists Pierre Casiraghi in the acquisition of the majority share of ENGECO SAM
The Board of all Italian companies.
ENGECO SAM Monte Carlo, active in building construction, was founded in 1984 by Stefano Casiraghi.
With the acquisition of the majority share, Pierre Casiraghi will make a significant contribution - alongside other partners, including the Pizzarotti company, industrial partners that will provide expertise and technical support to ENGECO SAM - both in the development of society's traditional scope of activities and in new technologies, with particular attention to renewable energy.
The ENGECO SAM Board of Directors has appointed Giorgio Cassina and Luciano Garzelli as Managing Directors, Marco Gandolfo as General Manager and renewed the charge of Engeco to Marco Casiraghi as President of the company. The legal aspects of the acquisition were handled by the lawyer Edoardo Courir, partner of law firm Bird & Bird Milan.
:D

Thecia!!!!! :D thank you!!!! I thought, oh I wondered if Pierre would take some part with Engeco! And Afra's firm handled everything! Go Afra!:clap: OK, I know you said some other bloke handled it, but I have no doubt Afra was in on it. Afra's speciality, after all, is mergers and acquisitions! :flowers:
This bit is going on my site right away. Pierre takes ENgECO! YES!!! :boxing:

I thought Marco might pass over some responsibilities to Pierre, and Engeco being Stefano's, it's perfect. I mean, Marco has a heavy load! :ohmy: He is president of like a gazillion trillion companies! lol

These Casiraghis are workaholics. Rosalba, oh my, she's amazing. I can't believe everything Rosalba does. And Mamma Mia, Fernanda Biffi Casiraghi, she must be like 84 years old....... Aiy, this family makes me dizzy!

Back
Top Bottom