The Casiraghi Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^Yes, Fernanda seems to have an special bond with her grandson. I read that story too I think it's nice. :)

I once read a story about Andrea and how he was impressed by a photograph of Stefano he saw at his grandmother's house. He asked Mrs Casiraghi for it and she, obviously, gave it to him. Then it's said that Andrea took days studing, the photo, admiring his father style... I think Mrs Casiraghi sees Stefano in Andrea. That would explain why she seems ( or is ) so attached to him.:wub::wub::wub:

It might also be for the simple reason that Andrea behaviors with affection to her!

In any case watching the pictures that Caroline is very very sad, she should remind Stefano's loss, especially now, she seems to be alone again.

I noticed also that both the boys look very sad, Pierre is holding Afra, in another picture.

Furthermore Charlotte looks very distant, a little bit not very "related" to all this. She is present but in the meatime absent.
Sorry it is my impression.

I do the same thing, is like if your aren't that into to much, you could act more practical and help the other who look really sad, is more like a maternal way to be in that kind of case, where everyone are sad or worried about something... im leo too, maybe that is why leo people act like that, more maternal and protective to other even you act like a cold person and distance

Maybe she just wasn't as close to her as the other boys. Or maybe she just blocks it out. Some people feel nothing after they hear a loved one has died, it hasn't sunk in until much later then it's very very painful.

It might also be for the simple reason that Andrea behaviors with affection to her!
He's very good about giving his arm to his grandmother. He did it in 1998 at Giancarlo's funeral. It's nice to see that he remembers to be gallant to the dear lady.
In any case watching the pictures that Caroline is very very sad, she should remind Stefano's loss, especially now, she seems to be alone again.

I noticed also that both the boys look very sad, Pierre is holding Afra, in another picture.

Pierre seemed very pensive, I thought.
Furthermore Charlotte looks very distant, a little bit not very "related" to all this. She is present but in the meatime absent.
Sorry it is my impression.
She might have had a hard time believing it. Someone said in a previous post that Laura died from a "sudden illness". Disbelief can look like distance in a person.

According to CORRIERE DELLA SERA Rosalba is one of the 30 most important business women in Italy.

Great photos, only wish I could speak/read italian, will have to Google translate it! Thanks for posting!

^^Char and Andrea wearing the same clothes,very cute.:flowers:
I love Townsend's blog btw,she's incredible!

Yeah! I hope and pray Townsend keeps her site and doesn't disappear like so many Casiraghi webmasters! :bang: even if she stops updating at some date, at least let's hope she keeps it, for old times sake. It's so comforting sometimes to go back and reminisce on the old days with the Grimaldis and Casiraghis. :D

Yeah! I hope and pray Townsend keeps her site and doesn't disappear like so many Casiraghi webmasters! :bang: even if she stops updating at some date, at least let's hope she keeps it, for old times sake. It's so comforting sometimes to go back and reminisce on the old days with the Grimaldis and Casiraghis. :D
i couldn't agree more..i miss sooo much brigitte's worldroots and sergio amaya's site.;)

News

Marco Casiraghi presents new Trophy at Monaco ceremony

Memorial Trophy for Stefano Casiraghi killed while racing in the 1990 world championship

A presentation of a new award took place at a special ceremony held by the Union Internationale Motonautique (UIM) in Monaco over the weekend.

A trophy, in memory of 30 year old Stefano Casiraghi who lost his life while defending his world title off the coast of Monaco in October 1990, was presented by his brother Marco on behalf of the Italian champion's family..

READ MORE: CLICK HERE

Wow, great finding CasiraghiTrio.
I hope the Casiraghis could have the possibility to spend a little time with his uncle. Or be aware of this award (and ofcourse I'm sure they are)

Fernanda Casiraghi, daughter of Daniele Casiraghi and the late Laura Sabatini Casiraghi

She is a marketing manager at this company: IMACO - la luce che purifica l'aria
Daniele is the president of this company. Here is a link to an interview of the father and daughter about the company (sorry it's in Italian): Uomini e Aziende del Mondo
The pic is not the best quality but from what I can see, I think father and daughter seem to look very alike. I am not sure but I think I "saw" Laura, her mother, in one of the pics from Afra's wedding. I thought Laura must be a somewhat heavyset lady with blond hair, very pale too, who was standing near and in the same row of Charlotte during the ceremony.

She did her education at the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (literally: Catholic University of the Sacred Heart) in Milan.

Fernanda Casiraghi, daughter of Daniele Casiraghi and the late Laura Sabatini Casiraghi She is a marketing manager at this company: IMACO - la luce che purifica l'aria Daniele is the president of this company.

IMACO product seems just what Milan and the northern part of Italy needs. I watched the video and the light cleans the air filter. I like that new concept for a air filter. When I was in Milan six years ago there was a ban on driving cars on Sundays because of the air pollution. I really haven't seen that much air pollution before and I use to live in a big city in the US.:);):)

^That is great. Charlotte has good fellows/models in her own family, on both sides, in acting to promote a better consciousness of Green issues.

Maybe this was posted before. Some photos from 1993, October: Caroline and the kids went to Fino Mornasco to commemorate Stefano and catch up on face time with his family. :)

charlottemaripomeline.web-log.nl: 1993, okt commemorate

You can see both Fernandas and another girl, another cousin I think, but doubt she's Afra. Maybe she's one of the other cousins I have never seen: Chiara? Gaia? Marzia? I don't know all their names or anything. The only cousins I know about are Fernanda, Gianmarco, and Afra. I'm sure Rosalba has children though and their last name would be Bianchi. And I'm pretty sure Fernanda has siblings.

Finally, here's a pic of Charlotte watching the Grand Prix on the GRimaldis' balcony, in 1993. With her Grandpa and Grandma Casiraghi. http://i39.tinypic.com/2s61wmh.jpg

Source: Townsend's website
charlottemaripomeline.web-log.nl

^That is great. Charlotte has good fellows/models in her own family, on both sides, in acting to promote a better consciousness of Green issues.

Yes CasiraghiTrio , it seems both sides (Charlotte's uncles) and Charlotte are interested in the green issues.:);):)

Giancarlo Casiraghi (d.1998) m. Fernanda Biffi/Pulici
  • Marco m. Cecilia Fossa
    • Gaia m. Mauro Boroni
      • Boy-girl twins born about 2005/2006
    • Afra m.(summer 2006) Carlo Marchetti
    • Gianmarco (b.1988)
  • Rosalba (b.1950?) m. Massimo Bianchi
  • Daniele m. Laura Sabatini (d.2009, age 53)
    • Fernanda (b.1973?)
  • Stefano (1960-1990) m. Princess Caroline of Monaco
    • Andrea
    • Charlotte
    • Pierre

Thank you! But who si Marzia then?

I think it's this way

Giancarlo Casiraghi (1925 - 1998) m. Fernanda Pulici Bifi (1926)
  • Marco (1947) m. Cecilia Fossa
    • Gaia m. Mauro Boroni
    • Gianmarco (b.1988)
  • Rosalba (b.1950) m. Massimo Bianchi
    • Francesca
    • Nicole (b.1981)
  • Daniele (b. 1953/1954) m. Laura Sabatini (d.2009, age 53)
    • Fernanda (1977?)
    • Marzia (1980?)
    • Andrea
    • Charlotte
    • Pierre

Finally i know Fernanda's real last name. Didn't know it was Pulici Bifi. Thanks rereh!
We can say Andrea, Charlotte and Pierre are uncles and aunt, of the twins of Gaia. Someday we'll see when are uncles and aunt in first grade :flowers:

Thanks, rereh. I thought Marzia was younger sister to Fernanda but I didn't know for sure. Thank you for filling the blanks of Rosalba's children. I never knew. :_) But honestly, I think Fernanda (Daniele & Laura's girl) was born before 1977. I remember seeing her birthdate on facebook and it was really her, and I could almost swear it was 1973.

I always forget... I know Tosca will be able to clear it up, again.... about the ELDER Fernanda's maiden name, vs. her adopted name. I get them mixed up. I never remember, Pulici or Biffi, which is which?

And Hola.com confused me even more when they referred to her as "Fernanda Bissi Casiraghi" (sic) at the time of Afra's wedding. :bang:

Last edited:
Thanks, rereh. I thought Marzia was younger sister to Fernanda but I didn't know for sure. Thank you for filling the blanks of Rosalba's children. I never knew. :_) But honestly, I think Fernanda (Daniele & Laura's girl) was born before 1977. I remember seeing her birthdate on facebook and it was really her, and I could almost swear it was 1973.

I was mistaken, I think Rosalba hasn't any children because I read a interview with Fernanda Casiraghi and she said she had eight grandchildren.

I'm not sure about the age of Fernada (Daniele & Laura's girl), I told that year because of a picture that which I saw of Fernanda and Marzia with her mother, the pic was taken in 1980 and Fernanda was 3 or 4 years old.

The interview (June 16th, 2010) that I mentioned before is very interesting, Mrs. Casiraghi talks about her grandchildren, most of Charlotte, because the article is about Charlotte, so I guess the interview is more correct in the thread of Charlotte.

The interview is in Italian, so If anyone want traslate to English. Here are the article (page 1) and the interview (page 2). Also there are pics.

Charlotte che ha imparato a stare in sella | Gioia

By the way, Mrs. Casiraghi clarify that they didn't gave her a island to Charlotte.

I hope that you have understood me, in spite of my poor English

Rereh, many thanks for the interview and slideshow - very interesting !!

However, I think Charlotte will NOT find it very easy to achieve "normalità", however much she tries.

Can someone who knows Italian translate the article about Fernanda Casiraghi, or at least, because it is too big, write the synopsis?:flowers:

I was mistaken, I think Rosalba hasn't any children because I read a interview with Fernanda Casiraghi and she said she had eight grandchildren.

I'm not sure about the age of Fernada (Daniele & Laura's girl), I told that year because of a picture that which I saw of Fernanda and Marzia with her mother, the pic was taken in 1980 and Fernanda was 3 or 4 years old.

OK Well Fernanda was born in 1976/1977. so maybe Marzia was born 1973?
The interview (June 16th, 2010) that I mentioned before is very interesting, Mrs. Casiraghi talks about her grandchildren, most of Charlotte, because the article is about Charlotte, so I guess the interview is more correct in the thread of Charlotte.

The interview is in Italian, so If anyone want traslate to English. Here are the article (page 1) and the interview (page 2). Also there are pics.

Charlotte che ha imparato a stare in sella | Gioia

By the way, Mrs. Casiraghi clarify that they didn't gave her a island to Charlotte.

I hope that you have understood me, in spite of my poor English

That is a great find. I haven't read it all yet but I saw where Fernanda shot down the island legend. She said why would she and GC have bought Charlotte an island and not for the other kids too? :lol: Interesting.....

I updated the genealogy I posted on page 7. Fernanda said in the interview she has 8 grandchildren and 2 great-grandchildren. So Rerehh must be right, the Bianchis must not have children.

Giancarlo Casiraghi (d.1998) m. Fernanda Biffi/Pulici
  • Marco m. Cecilia Fossa
    • Gaia m. Mauro Boroni
    • Gianmarco (b.1988)
  • Rosalba (b.1950?) m. Massimo Bianchi
  • Daniele m. Laura Sabatini (d.2009, age 53)
    • Marzia
    • Fernanda (b.1977/1976?)
    • Andrea
    • Charlotte
    • Pierre

Back
Top Bottom