Stefano Casiraghi, Part II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually, Prince Rainier called Jean-Paul Scarpita, who rang Caroline's car phone and got her driver Tony and told him the news. Tony rushed into Carita's and said, "Madame must return to Monaco." She rushed out of the salon and called Jean-Paul, who broke the news of Stefano's death. She left Paris immediately with Ines de la Fressange and went straight to the funeral home where Stefano was taken after the accident.
And Caroline was certainly aware the Stefano was racing that day. Apparently he promised her that after he defended his World Offshore Powerboat title, he would give up powerboat racing because it was "the only thing we seem to argue about." So the terrible truth is that Stefano had promised Caroline that the race would be his last. And it certainly was. :sad:

Actually, Prince Rainier called Jean-Paul Scarpita, who rang Caroline's car phone and got her driver Tony and told him the news. Tony rushed into Carita's and said, "Madame must return to Monaco." She rushed out of the salon and called Jean-Paul, who broke the news of Stefano's death. She left Paris immediately with Ines de la Fressange and went straight to the funeral home where Stefano was taken after the accident.
And Caroline was certainly aware the Stefano was racing that day. Apparently he promised her that after he defended his World Offshore Powerboat title, he would give up powerboat racing because it was "the only thing we seem to argue about." So the terrible truth is that Stefano had promised Caroline that the race would be his last. And it certainly was. :sad:

It's all so terribly sad. And the possibility that his seatbelt could have ensured his death is just awful. I've seen a clip of an earlier interview with Stefano than the one you referenced, where the interviewer asked if his racing didn't frighten Caroline, and he said that she understood that a man had to live according to his passions, or he wasn't really living his life. How totally prophetic and true.

I never heard this story about Jean-Paul Scarpita, but it sounds to me strange that Prince Rainier, under these dramatic circumstances needed to ask an internediary to call his daughter's car and to announce her husband's loss!!
As concerns te race, it is true, Stefano had promissed to stop after this race. He said to Caroline that he could NOT avoid this race, because it took place near Monaco(!!), but after this, he was going to stop.

I also read that he was first disqualified for the race, but it was decided the day before that he could participate anyway.

I also read that he was first disqualified for the race, but it was decided the day before that he could participate anyway.

I read also the same. He was disqualified because he stopped in order to help another concurrent who was sinking!!!, but they put him back on race because he was previousely champion, or smth similar.

DESTINY!!!!

I never heard this story about Jean-Paul Scarpita, but it sounds to me strange that Prince Rainier, under these dramatic circumstances needed to ask an internediary to call his daughter's car and to announce her husband's loss!!
As concerns te race, it is true, Stefano had promissed to stop after this race. He said to Caroline that he could NOT avoid this race, because it took place near Monaco(!!), but after this, he was going to stop.
Apparently, Jean-Paul Scarpita was in Paris and an old friend of Rainier's. That's what I heard anyway. :ermm:

In Stefano's Photos, I see Andrea, Charlotte and Pierre. :heart:
They all take something from their Father.

October 3, 2010 will be Stefano's 20th Death Anniversary. :heart:

What I have read says that Caroline didn't want to attend the race because, some weeks beforehand, Stefano had been in another race and his boat had blown up but he survived. So Caroline didn't want to put herself through this again. She couldn't stand it. So she went to Paris to have her hair done while Stefano went to defend his title and this was to be his last race, because he promised her, no more after this one. Right?

Please keep in mind that Princess Caroline has never talked about
those tragic days in a detailed way, so don't let us speculate about
it that much!

He,he, it's interesting to learn that those people interviewed didn't recognize Caroline, and describe her simply as a 'pretty' girl, and not stunning.

The idea of royalty or celebrity (or just being "special" in some way) tends to amplify a person's feeling of admiration, I find. It gives them a canvas to project their ideals and fantasies onto. Myths about the lives they lead aid the idea that they embody everything good and glamourous in the world. Caroline is one. The Casiraghis are definitely another.
Okay, philosophical musings over. :whistling:
It's cute that Caroline still visits Fernanda. They seem very close (if I'm not mistaken, Caroline still calls her "mama") and I'm sure it's a comfort to her to still be close to them. Maybe she could settle down in Northern Italy in later life. Say Tosca, what would you think of that? Having a princess in your neck of the woods? :ROFLMAO: Just joking. She's probably content to disrupt the lives of the people of Fino Mornasco with helicopters for many years to come. :ROFLMAO:

He,he, it's interesting to learn that those people interviewed didn't recognize Caroline, and describe her simply as a 'pretty' girl, and not stunning.

Not is "those people", is a one person. I'm sorry, If I don't explaining myself well.

I wouldn't care that someone says of me "ma estremamente fine" ;)

I think that Caroline is stunning, especially in the 80's and 90's.

hey! thanks for the article!
by the way: do you know how to pronunce Stefano? (Stéfano or Stefáno)

hey! thanks for the article!
by the way: do you know how to pronunce Stefano? (Stéfano or Stefáno)

I have a friend of Padova whose name is Stefano, and we pronounce Stéfano

. Say Tosca, what would you think of that? Having a princess in your neck of the woods? :ROFLMAO: Just joking. She's probably content to disrupt the lives of the people of Fino Mornasco with helicopters for many years to come. :ROFLMAO:

But we do have a Prince as a neighbour already, whose family is way older and nobler than that of the Grimaldis: he's name's Diofebo Meli Lupi di Soragna. He also owns a haunted castle. He,he. I happen to see him every now and then. He was a good friend with Rainier, and I do not exclude the Grimaldis might have payed a visit or two to him.

Not is "those people", is a one person. I'm sorry, If I don't explaining myself well.

I wouldn't care that someone says of me "ma estremamente fine" ;)

I think that Caroline is stunning, especially in the 80's and 90's.

Some of my friends and relatives saw Caroline in Monaco back in the 70's, and told that she was more photogenic than beautiful.

Some of my friends and relatives saw Caroline in Monaco back in the 70's, and told that she was more photogenic than beautiful.

Yes? Well, to me the people that saw Caroline told me that she's more beautiful in person than on magazine or TV.

My mother saw a Caroline in 1992 (Expo de Sevilla), she described to Caroline as stunning and very elegant, not only for her clothes but the way she walks, as she moves...

It's true, Princess has always been extremaly gracious, which she quite likely owes to ballet, but IMO it also takes great contact with own body, but first of all being very spiritual and beautiful inside, which she is.

Well, isn't beauty in the eye of the beholder? So we can all see different things about the same person or place?

It depends when your friends saw PC in the 70s. While she was at university she got a little chunky.

I don't actually think Caroline "got" chunky. She had babyfat. But when she met Philippe, apparently he grabbed her arm and said she could lose a few pounds. And when they left, he dragged her out of the club (not literally but you know what I mean) saying "Come on fatty". Apparently she lost the weight for him. ;)

'Baby fat' at 20? I saw a photo of her from early 1977 where she looked 'larger' than Christina Onassis...

I am sorry, I am lost.

What does Caroline being "chunky" have to do with Stefano?

To-day, Stefano would have turned 50.
Here's hoping he's at peace and he was remembered today without too much sadness.:italyflag:

Today it's been 17 years since Stefano's accident.

Somewhere in this thread it was mentionned that Caroline still puts an obituary in Il Corriere della Sera every year to remember Stefano.
Does somebody read this paper and can check if it's in it today?

Does Caroline do this? And yes, three years later, can someone who reads the paper please check and see if it's in paper on Sunday? It would be nice if she still does this 20 years later.

Does Caroline do this? And yes, three years later, can someone who reads the paper please check and see if it's in paper on Sunday? It would be nice if she still does this 20 years later.

Yes. Agree. Someone Please.

I'm sot sure it will be possible this year, as the editorial staff of Corriere della Sera newspaper is on strike until Sunday 3 October (Stefano's death anniversary).

Maybe they will post something on his 20th death Anniversary.

Back
Top Bottom