Stefano Casiraghi, Part II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Perhaps there was a misunderstanding: I was talking about Andrea, Stefano's best friend.

Andrea, Stefano's childhood friend who committed suicide a few years before 1984, for whom the Andrea we all know was named. :verysad:

Does Tosca or anyone else know more about this friend of Stefano?

I also have another question. What happened with Stefano and the military stuff in 1980?

I saw this villa Cicogna mentioned in the online French biography of Stefano. It says there that the villa has 50 rooms and tapestries from the 19th century.
It also says that in September 1982, some photographers got the first photographs of Caroline and Stefano, in the grounds of the Villa Cicogna.
The couple had first met each other back in March, 1982, and Stefano had just ended a five-year relationship with one Pinuccia Macceda. Caroline was also, I think, coming out of an intense relationship with the Rossellini guy, right?
It says in the biography that Stefano was very shy, and maybe more so because Caroline was a princess and everything. And Caroline, being the more outgoing of the two, was very ........ maybe not aggressive, but I suppose I can say determined to get Stefano as a boyfriend. :D

September 1982 ???

It means that they started when Pcs Grace was still alive???

I thouht that they married a few months only after they met, and they married on December 1983

During many many mothts after she lost her mother, Caroline was still dating Robertino, so they pretend this relation. I know that Robertino introduced Stefano to Caroline, but I thought it was after her mother's accident.

So are you sure it was in 1982, and not in 1983??

Thanks

^You might be right. My dates come from Stefano Casiraghi - Un Homme Libre
Here it says that Caroline met Stefano in March 1982 and they saw each other many times, with many friends, on Corsica, Sardinia, and in September 1982 the villa Cigogna.

Then in 1983, on 19 December the engagement was announced from the Palace. And they married in civil ceremony ten days later, in the Hall of Mirrors, before 23 guests followed by cocktails and lunch in the Throne Room.

I think Stefano and Caroline dated in 1982, not so seriously, then met again in mid 1983 and got together for good...that's what I've read.

Yes, I just reread the relevant part of the aforementioned biography. It quotes Stefano saying, at the time of the engagement/marriage, in December 1983 that he and Caroline had known each other the last two years.

As far as I remember, Caroline was still dating Rossellini when Grace died in 1982.
I don't know when Caroline and Stefano met, but I remember that on Marina Palma's boat they fell in love. It was Summer 1983.
That's why Marina Palma was Caroline's "matron of honor" at her wedding.
We saw the first pics of Caroline and Stefano that Summer.
Of course, as far as I remember.

Last edited:
Yeah, I lean towards believing Grace's idea. Perhaps when Caro first met Stefano she was attracted to him but still devoted to Robertino, who I gather was like her childhood sweetheart, her first real love or something, and then in time, seeing Stefano more and more, she fell in love with him. And maybe Stefano was afraid to commit for awhile because he is so shy and hated publicity, so he needed time to get used to the idea of being married to a princess. :huh:

stefano and caroline met summer 1983 in monaco, as I red in a book and I had looked in a lot of magazines. in september of 1983 caroline knew for the first time stefano's family, 'cos they went to fino m. and when they knew caroline was pregnant they decided to marry in december 1983.

I saw this villa Cicogna mentioned in the online French biography of Stefano. It says there that the villa has 50 rooms and tapestries from the 19th century.
It also says that in September 1982, some photographers got the first photographs of Caroline and Stefano, in the grounds of the Villa Cicogna.
The couple had first met each other back in March, 1982, and Stefano had just ended a five-year relationship with one Pinuccia Macceda. Caroline was also, I think, coming out of an intense relationship with the Rossellini guy, right?
It says in the biography that Stefano was very shy, and maybe more so because Caroline was a princess and everything. And Caroline, being the more outgoing of the two, was very ........ maybe not aggressive, but I suppose I can say determined to get Stefano as a boyfriend. :D

Does anyone have any pictures of stefano's ex girlfriend Pinuccia Macceda :rolleyes: ?

Does anyone have any pictures of stefano's ex girlfriend Pinuccia Macceda :rolleyes: ?

Unfortunately I haven't anymore, but I assure you that Pinuccia Macheda was a gorgeous girl. She lived in Como, and when Stefano dumped her to marry Caroline, he bought her a furrier's shop in central Como. Afterwards she got married and gave birth to a pair of twins.

When Stefano died she wanted to attend his funeral, but Caroline banned her, despite Stefano's mother implored Caroline to let her. But in vain.

Unfortunately I haven't anymore, but I assure you that Pinuccia Macheda was a gorgeous girl. She lived in Como, and when Stefano dumped her to marry Caroline, he bought her a furrier's shop in central Como. Afterwards she got married and gave birth to a pair of twins.

When Stefano died she wanted to attend his funeral, but Caroline banned her, despite Stefano's mother implored Caroline to let her. But in vain.

thanks for the info Tosca, its a shame theres no pics of her tho :neutral:
i can't beleive caroline would do such a thing and ban her from the funeral im shocked :eek:

Last edited:

I wonder if his buying her a shop ignited the rumors of Stefano's infidelity with Caroline. Hey, rest assured, I am not saying I believe those rumors. But somehow some rumors picked up wind, and that scandal writer, what's her name, Anne Edwards, stated Stefano having a mistress like fact rather than rumor. I just wonder if this rumor had its root in the press finding out about him buying her the shop. What do you think, Tosca? And maybe when Caroline "banned" the woman from the funeral, the press talked more about it?? Just curious!

I wonder if his buying her a shop ignited the rumors of Stefano's infidelity with Caroline. Hey, rest assured, I am not saying I believe those rumors. But somehow some rumors picked up wind, and that scandal writer, what's her name, Anne Edwards, stated Stefano having a mistress like fact rather than rumor. I just wonder if this rumor had its root in the press finding out about him buying her the shop. What do you think, Tosca? And maybe when Caroline "banned" the woman from the funeral, the press talked more about it?? Just curious!

I know nothing about that writer, but it was Fernanda Casiraghi herself who told the Pinuccia story in an interview she gave to an Italian tabloid, but I can't recall which one.

If Stefano really had a mistress, the Italian press would have soon found her, like they found Ducruet's.

I didn't know that at all. Caroline was obviously very jealous of Pinuccia. I guess only because she had been Stefano's girlfriend for 7 years. But still...
Interesting info, Tosca.

Last edited:
I know nothing about that writer, but it was Fernanda Casiraghi herself who told the Pinuccia story in an interview she gave to an Italian tabloid, but I can't recall which one.

If Stefano really had a mistress, the Italian press would have soon found her, like they found Ducruet's.

No, what I was suggesting was that this story, however innocent as it probably was (just him buying a shop for an ex and good friend) might have fed fuel to the rumors in the press, and then the rumors gained more circulation in the tabloids when Caroline supposedly "banned" (was seen by the press to have "banned" her) from the funeral. But you do not think so? I am just curious for input on that possibility, or impossibility as it were. :cool:

As you know that?

It was Stefano's mother herserf who stated this when interviewed by an Italian mag. I can't recall if it was "CHI" or "OGGI".

In that kind of situation, anybody can be so 'selfish'.. her husband had a tragic accident, died immediately, the children still young.. what do you think, a woman would react? That is the time you just dont want to share your husband with anybody because you know he gonna leave you.... if you know what I mean:angel:

I just adore Stefano. He looks so decent and 'soft'.. and yet he's totally a brilliant businessman. I tried to find more pics of him especially at work.. found on web but cant make them in bigger scale :ermm:

^ Yes, very true, mizzy. When a traumatic event occurs, a person can experience post-traumatic stress, right? It certainly seems that Caroline experienced something like PTS. She showed one of the classic signs, how she withdrew from public life for some years. She had to take time out, do the necessary grieving, before she could dust herself and move on.

^ Definitely, CasiraghiTrio

Here is the web that I just found out. Somebody might had posted it before.. but just to share. Some pics show him at work.. love it! I just hope that at least one of his children will follow his foot step or at least has his credibility...

'+'

^ I have been admiring that website for many years now. I love the biography and am still working to finish an English translation that I begun doing just recently. I never even looked at the pics before, though. They are, indeed, lovely. I love the one of him, black & white, sitting at his desk. There is something there so apparent, his shyness, so strong in that photo.

Here is the web that I just found out. Somebody might had posted it before.. but just to share. Some pics show him at work.. love it! I just hope that at least one of his children will follow his foot step or at least has his credibility...

'+'

I definitely see that happening. Despite Andrea being rather secretive about his future plans and Pierre's love of parties, I do see at least one of them settling down and going the business route (Pierre more so than Andrea because of he's an economics major).

..Charlotte can be included:D We never know..

I definitely say he lived life to the fullest..a businessman, a chairman, a sportman (racing, ice hockey..), a model, married to a princess.. eventhough he was only 30 but at that age he already done lots of things..

In that kind of situation, anybody can be so 'selfish'.. her husband had a tragic accident, died immediately, the children still young.. what do you think, a woman would react? That is the time you just dont want to share your husband with anybody because you know he gonna leave you.... if you know what I mean:angel:
I do agree with you. Besides, Stefano's ex girlfriend, had been very annoying since Stefano got engaged with Caroline. She gave interviews to many Italian magazines, posing for pics, giving them pics of herself and Stefano etc. She was mad with Stefano, and she spoke too much to the press, IMO.
.I definitely say he lived life to the fullest..a businessman, a chairman, a sportman (racing, ice hockey..), a model, married to a princess.. eventhough he was only 30 but at that age he already done lots of things..
Right! He did everything in a short time. His mother said in an interview that he learned to read watching a quiz game on TV when he was very little, I can't remember if she said he was four or three years old, but anyways , he was very young.
She said it was like he knew he didn't have much time to live.

..Charlotte can be included:D We never know..

Oh, of course, of course. I just see her going more of the fashion journalism route, that's all. That's why I didn't include her.

Right! He did everything in a short time. His mother said in an interview that he learned to read watching a quiz game on TV when he was very little, I can't remember if she said he was four or three years old, but anyways , he was very young.
She said it was like he knew he didn't have much time to live.

The author of the online bio of Stefano implies the same thing. I can't remember exactly how he/she put it..... something like, Stefano was so eager to taste every moment of life, and he made the most of all of 30 years, never satisfied, always trying to be better, live bigger, live more, do more. That's why he became bored at Bocconi, I think. He could not sit still in a classroom, I believe it. He had to be out in the world, living and breathing and tasting the good life. :flowers:

Dying at age 30 is so young, and he left behind 3 kids. Is this chapel where Stefano is buried in the Palace?

Dying at age 30 is so young, and he left behind 3 kids. Is this chapel where Stefano is buried in the Palace?

La Chapelle de la Paix is not in the Palace, but it´s very near at the Rocher, the promontory where the Palace and the important buildings are located.

Rosana, does the chapel sit within the walls of the palace?

Back
Top Bottom