Princess Caroline's current and former homes

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think those are from their 2000 vacation on Lamu.

From Worldroots

Attachments

• carolinemonaco193.jpg
    carolinemonaco193.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 2,350
  • carolinemonaco196.jpg
    carolinemonaco196.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 29,556
  • carolinemonaco200.jpg
    carolinemonaco200.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 2,667
  • carolinemonaco201.jpg
    carolinemonaco201.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 1,435
  • carolinemonaco230.jpg
    carolinemonaco230.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 1,271
  • carolinemonaco231.jpg
    carolinemonaco231.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 34,407
Homes

Does anyone have any idea whether Caroline still lives in Manoir du Mée in Mée sur Seine? Has she sold her home in St. Remy? What about the rumors that were once abound, about her moving to live in Monaco?

And, once we're at it, does anyone have any idea where Charlotte lives, in what part of Paris?

I'll try to help, but I have no direct knowledge apart from what I read in mags: Caro still lives in Fontainbleau but she travels a lot and often spends time in Monaco (when she is there she still lives at Clos St. Pierre, her gorgeous villa near the Palais). I think she still owns her home in St. Remy (she did in April anyway), but she doesn't spend there so much time anymore.

I don't know where char lives in Paris but some have speculated in the VII arrondissement, St. Germain...

Hope I've helped,

Kisses

I was always under the impression that Caroline still lives in Fontainbleau. I think if she had sold any of her property, it would have gotten in the paper somehow! The same applies to the farm house in St. Remy.

Hey, I have a picture of both the house in Fontainbleau and the farm house in St. Remy. If you want it I can post it for you

yes, acid rain, please post! I don't think I've ever seen pictures especially of the house in fontainebleau. What I also wonder is, since she is now married to Ernst, who certainly has his own share of real estate, they must spend time elsewhere than France/Moncao too , non? Didn't Ernst have a castle (besides the one in Hanover) in Austria, and doesn't he also have a 'pad' in Kenya? Boy do I wish I had these people's real estate budget! :)

Plus, what does Ernst really do for a living besides hoarding his investments, and is it important for him to be physically in a particular place for that? For example, when he was married to Chantal, his first wife, they were living in London, because, I thought, he had business there. What's the deal with that nowadays?

Thank you, Acid Rain! I've seen some pics of both the houses, but I'm sure there are many people who haven't. There's always room for one more, so please, post it. ;)

Ok, well, instead of scaning each picture from the magazine I have, I will repost old pictures from Hola that another member posted back in 7/04/2004 (These are all the houses that Caroline and Ernst own, or at least I think they still own all of them)
1. Marienburg, Germany
2. Calenberg, Germany
3. Auerbach, Austria
4. Villa Regina, Austria
5. Manoir du Mée, France
6. Le Mas de la Source, Saint Rémy de la Provence, France
7. Clost St. Pierre, Mónaco
8. Hurlingham Lodge, London, England
9. Shela House, Kenya
10. La Vigie, Mónaco
mburg10-b.jpg
calemberg2b.jpg
auerbach2-b.jpg
regina2a.jpg
dumee-b.jpg
sr-b.jpg
clost-b.jpg
hurlingham2b.jpg
fachada-1b.jpg
charmonaco2004-211.jpg

Last edited:
holy smokes! Poor Ernst/Caro! To think about what the upkeep of just the first castle must cost! What if for example the entire roof becomes leaky and needs to be replaced?! No wonder the two Erns t August Jr's. had that auction recently, and selling a bunch of gorgeous family heirlooms!

As for the London house, if I'm correctly informed, that's the house ex-wife Chantal is living in still. Wonder if Ernst still ownes it, or whether he maybe gave it to her as part of their divorce?

And that second picture looks like a little village of row houses! Jeezz.

Thanks for the pictures by the way! :)

Hello!!!

Well, I'll try to my best to explain you where the Princess Caroline is living and his children in several places.

First of all, The Princess Caroline spends most of time in the Manoir nearby Fontainebleau (which is also that she loves to horse into the forest, one of his favourite hobby) as you can see the pic of his house above.

Indeed, she's travelling twice or third from Paris to Monaco, by private jet owner by Grimaldi's family (named a Falcon Dassault), on depends of her engagements obligations. So she has a very cosy and beautiful mediterranean house called "Clos Saint Pierre" offered by his father, HSH The Prince Rainier III, as you can see enclosed pics. Personnally, I already saw her and his children going outside from his home in April 1997 to attend to the Jumping international of Monaco. Amazing, incredible, I was so excited to see her in REAL LIVE!!!

Concerning the Mas of the Source in Saint Remy de Provence, The Princess Caroline have rented this house for a 99 years lease (in 1990 she discovered, with his husband Stefano still alive, the Mas of the Source so they decided to rent for 99 years lease but unfortunately Stefano just died BEFORE!). Well she's spending there but a few but she loved to take a breathe a little bit there far away from Paris or Monaco.

I also have to tell you that the rumours that the Princess is interresting to lease or buy "La Vigie" just next to the Monte-Carlo Hotel and Beach. The marvellous La Vigie is apparently owner of his best friend, Karl Lagerfeld, the fashion Chanel designer. I doubt that the Princess will live back to Monaco due to more of more engagements obligations like the First Lady of Monaco despite the Prince Albert II is still single person.

I know where exactly the Princess Caroline have a cosy appartment in Paris, just opposite the Eiffel Tower but I'm deeply sorry that I cannot give you the name of street but I don't know exactly which number. I totally respect of private life of Princess Caroline. I hope so you can understand of me.
I am sure that his children are living there during its studies which also nearby the most famous La Sorbonne University where Charlotte is studying

Hopefully these details will help you as better...

Best Regards,
Johan, the BIG admirer of Caroline of Monaco :)

1. Clos Saint Pierre in the Rocher of Monaco
2. La Vigie, just next to the most famous of Monte-Carlo Beach.

Attachments

• Clos Saint Pierre Monaco.jpg
    Clos Saint Pierre Monaco.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 18,855
  • charmonaco2004-211.jpeg
    charmonaco2004-211.jpeg
    45.5 KB · Views: 11,607
I imagine Caroline hangs on to the St Remy property since they visit every year it seems. Ernst owns the Lamu property, as well as the many German/British properties, from inheritance mostly, but he might have acquired the Lamu property on his own. The Fontainebleau property is most likely owned jointly by Caroline and Ernst.
I really love the first of those last two pics posted of the Clos St Pierre mansion. So Meditteranean villa. I love that style.

Last edited:
le_ptit_diablotin said:
Hello!!!

Personnally, I already saw her and his children going outside from his home in April 1997 to attend to the Jumping international of Monaco. Amazing, incredible, I was so excited to see her in REAL LIVE!!! .

TELL US PLEASE HOW IS SHE:confused: Is she so wonderful so pretty??? And how is Charlotte?????

le_ptit_diablotin said:
Hello!!!

I also have to tell you that the rumours that the Princess is interresting to lease or buy "La Vigie" just next to the Monte-Carlo Hotel and Beach. The marvellous La Vigie is apparently owner of his best friend, Karl Lagerfeld, the fashion Chanel designer. .

Strange, I thought that la Vigie has been bought by Ernst and that he spent millions to renovate it to be ready for Charlotte's 18th birthday :confused:

le_ptit_diablotin said:
Hello!!!

I know where exactly the Princess Caroline have a cosy appartment in Paris, just opposite the Eiffel Tower but I'm deeply sorry that I cannot give you the name of street but I don't know exactly which number. I totally respect of private life of Princess Caroline. I hope so you can understand of me.
I am sure that his children are living there during its studies which also nearby the most famous La Sorbonne University where Charlotte is studying

Yes in Champ the Mars. Is that the same flat she used when Stefano was alive???

La Vigie is owned by the Grimaldis (I'm not sure if through the State, or personally by one of them; mags don't agree on this issue). Until a few years ago it was rented by Karl Lagerfeld who eventually left it; then it was a little remodeled and used for Charlotte's birthday party.
I doubt Caro is going to substitute Clos St. Pierre with La Vigie as she spends little time in Monaco nowadays, but she (or Albert) own it.
Kisses

le ptit diablotin (Johan),
Thank you for the information on Princess Caroline! It was so very fascinating! You are so lucky to have seen her!!! Do you live near Monaco?

teense said:
le ptit diablotin (Johan),
Thank you for the information on Princess Caroline! It was so very fascinating! You are so lucky to have seen her!!! Do you live near Monaco?

Many thanks for your warmly and nice message!!! I promise I will explain you tomorrow how I met the marvellous and very sweet Princess Caroline of Monaco always smiling... the most beautiful women of the world surely!

I'll send you very soon the pic which is showed of Caroline and me!!!

Well it's already 11.34 pm in Paris, I'm living in Paris... I went to Monaco for the third time and always saw the Princess Caroline and their children. It was just fabulous and wonderful! I also saw the whole the Grimaldi Family.

See you tomorrow !
Johan :) :) :)

[hello
I live also in le Mée sur seine and have often the oportunity to see alexandra and caroline (I even talked to her!!! )& 3 times ernst.
if you have any question...
she has here a normal life, driving a small car, no bodygard, going shoping at Monoprix..

Bourronmarlotte, I have a question maybe you can answer: now that the Casiraghis are apparently all living and studying in Paris, how often are they in Meine sur Seine? Do they often come in the weekends or not?
Just curious...

Thanks in advance,

Kisses

I've just a little question, maybe it's already answered and I didn't get it:
I used to hear/read... that Caoline and her family live in Fontainebleau. Now for about 2 years I' ve read that she lives in Manoir du Mée in Mée sur Seine. Did she move, didn't we know where she actually lived or do people mean Mee sur seine when they say fontainebleau. As far as I know Mee is about between Paris and Fontainebleau, but not so close, that you could say Mee was a "suburb" of F, or something like than. I was just wondering...

The information regarding La Vigie is wrong. IT was lend to KL by Rainier for life with the obligation to renovate it ( which he did for about 20mill) - the story goes that KL said he liked it, and rainier said, take it, but they say it's haunted,don't running to me, when you see ghosts. When KL no longer wished to live there, it was taken over by the SBM and transformed into a very expensive hotel. The opening was summer 2004. It also served as setting for a French TV series, which aired last summer (could have been summer 2004 too, not 100%). During the filming the entire crew was said to have lived there. the wife of PAs lawyer, Linda Lacoste was part of the crew.

Few more pics of the Marienburg - APL/Corbis

10wpjrd.jpg
10wpjtk.jpg
10wpjzs.jpg
10wpk4o.jpg
10wpk7o.jpg
10wpkd0.jpg

Hi, I'm new here since this week and I've just seen that the family has a mansion in st rémy de Provence. You know, within 2 weeks I go to there. Not exactly to st remy, but I'll stay in a small village next to it.

Maybe you know the address of their estate? Then can I take a pic for you all :D ...

amelie_bracke said:
Hi, I'm new here since this week and I've just seen that the family has a mansion in st rémy de Provence. You know, within 2 weeks I go to there. Not exactly to st remy, but I'll stay in a small village next to it.

Maybe you know the address of their estate? Then can I take a pic for you all :D ...

There are pictures of all their houses in one of the threads. They are in London, Paris, Germany as well as other countries.
I don't think it is safe to give addresses out though.

Carlos said:
There are pictures of all their houses in one of the threads. They are in London, Paris, Germany as well as other countries.

Why do you think it's not safe? I'm sure that if you look intensly on the internet that you'll find the addresses... So, I don't think it might be a problem if there was an address here on the forum!

amelie_bracke said:
Why do you think it's not safe? I'm sure that if you look intensly on the internet that you'll find the addresses... So, I don't think it might be a problem if there was an address here on the forum!

I agree with Carlos, is not safe. Neither for the celebrity nor for the forum nor for us posting in here. If a bad incident happened not only the forum will be liable but the people posting could be tracked down. And I don't mean anyone posting but any person who comes here to read and pick up bits and pieces of data for reasons other than being a royal news watcher.
We are just Royal watchers and news links commentators. Like when we go to a museum, you look but don't touch.
So, I agree, no celebrity addresses, no celebrity phone numbers, is just not safe for them nor for us in here to post such things. At least, that's my opinion and the 'why' on it. :)

I don't think you can find the address of Caro's home on the internet (or so I hope), but in St Remy, like in Monaco, the city is soo small and Caro is so famous that is very easy to find her home (unfortunately for her). I guess in Fontainbleau it's the same even if I've never been there...PAris is a little more difficult also because it's more difficult to spot a flat than a big villa.

ETA: I'm talking about fans...photographers are professionals adn know very well where Caro and her whole family live.

Last edited:
I really think that the paparazzi know where they exactly live. Also in Paris. I think that they wait before their front door and follow them if they need a new story... I can't imagine that they just see them hanging around in a shopping center or in a club!

Please do not post any of the familiy's private adresses. If you want to share them, please do so via E-Mail, PM, etc...

Thanks in advance,

tbhrc
Monaco Moderator

Back
Top Bottom