Princess Caroline‘s Role in Monaco

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great pictures, Michelle. I haven't seeen any of those before. Awesome job!

I've cleaned up this thread and I deleted some old broken links. :)

I could see Hubertus and Charlotte but not so much of Thierry and Charlotte.

montecarlo said:
What about Andrea's 23-year-old friend, Hubertus Herring-Frankensdorf?
is he 23?! i always thought he was around the same age as Charlotte...

I'm sure Thierry has noticed Char's beauty. But I doubt he dare cross the line. Maybe now that she's 18 there may be a slight possibility of them exploring a romantic relationship. I think that he would be a good match for her. He's always seemed respectful, he knows her very well, has never publicized his relationship with the Grimaldis. Char would be lucky to have him. That's if she can get her mind off of Felix!

As for any romantic relationship between Thierry & Char in the past I highly doubt it. She's probably to young to even consider it.

Charlotte and Stefano resemblance

I'm always hearing how Caroline and Charlotte resemble eachother but looking at these photos I see a Stefano clone in Char. I know Char still looks like Caroline alot but I think people don't say much about the resemblance Between Stefano & Char because they don't see him anymore.
What do you all think?
Does anyone else have pics that we could compare?
I got this pic from the estilo yahoo group
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_10141147/Colagens/Sem+t%edtulo-3+c%f3pia2.jpg?bcHdOcCBd2HJ_19Y

Last edited:
well when charlotte was about 10 or somewhere around that age, in photos she often looked a lot like andrea and andrea=stefano... and now that she's grown up, there's definitely some strong resemblance between father and daughter. her face has more curves and looks far less rigid like Stefano's was, unlike Caroline's face which is all angles and planes (the strong facial structure, i think was inherited by Andrea).

i think that Char looks a lot like Stefano. Even she has her mother´s hair and nose, lips and.....her face is a very similar to her dad. I am not sure about the eyes: Caro and Stefano have blue, but in some pics Stefano´s look green.
I´ll try to post "similar pics" later

Why Charlotte don´t have a tittle?

hey Everyone, just a curiosity, why Charlotte Casiraghi don´t have a tittle? or she does and I dont know?
please help me! :confused:

Paula** said:
hey Everyone, just a curiosity, why Charlotte Casiraghi don´t have a tittle? or she does and I dont know?
please help me! :confused:

Charlotte doesn´t have a tittle (as her silbings Andrea and Pierre) couse their father wasn´t royal and becouse Caro and husband wanted that their children have a normal life. Some1 correct me if i am wrong;)

You´re right Piewi......they don´t have noble titles......such as Steph kids....in Monaco, the only one who is right to use the title is Albert´s children, because, women don´t enter in the line of sucession...only if the heir don´t have children....

thanks guys, I think is such an injustice:(

Alexandra does, because of Ernst right?

Nathalian said:
You´re right Piewi......they don´t have noble titles......such as Steph kids....in Monaco, the only one who is right to use the title is Albert´s children, because, women don´t enter in the line of sucession...only if the heir don´t have children....

Yes, no one in the younger generation of the Grimaldis has a title except for the grandchildren of Princess Antoinette (Baron/Baroness) and Alexandra, who has a title but from the Hanover line. However, as sign of respect to them, they are referred to as "members of the princely family". But many Monegasques refer to them as "prince" or "princess", nevertheless.

Paula** said:
thanks guys, I think is such an injustice:(

Alexandra does, because of Ernst right?

It isn´t an injustice for me. I don´t think that the trio casiraghi would like to be royal (serene in this case). They have a "normal" life, without all the official funcions and they aren´t in all mags as Caroline did in her youth (i think that they decided thaat, couse they though that Albert´ll marry and have children). Caroline and Stefano wanted that: once Stefano said that he doesn´t want that Char has the same life than Caroline (public life on mags).
If they were royal, they would be really famous (as the grimaldi´s were) and i don´t think that they like that.

Alex has tittles couse EA is royal.

According to what I read in a mag last year, Rainier seemed to have secretely given a title to his granddaughter when she turned 18.

Piewi, having a title or not, she's still Caro's daughter, and she will "sell well" no matter she's a princess or not. Do you think Albert, Caro and Steph would have been chased by paparazzi and get tons of pics and covers around the word if they weren't Grace Kelly's kids?

She doesn't have a title because her father wasn't royal, one can have a royal title as long as the father has it.

With title or without it, she's a Princess of Monaco for mostly everyone :)

Is it possible for titles to pass on through the maternal line? i remember reading something about princess anne of england choosing not to give her kids titles. is that only england? or does it apply to royals everywhere?

i think it applies to any royals anywhere, im not sure. But Caroline didnt give her children titles in order for them to live a more normal life, i think thats nice of her

Idriel said:
I think a monarch can give titles to whoever he/she wants regardless of if the father is a commoner or nor.

I believe that's also true. Queen Elizabeth II offered to give titles to both Zara Phillips and Peter Phillips, but Princess Anne refused. ;) How nice of her and Caroline to try and give their children more "normal" lives.

out of curiosity, do you suppose the casiraghi children ever wanted titles?

Andrea could still end up with one!

However, they all get the attention and most of the priviledges now without having anything 'official', so why would they want them?

NotDani

Right now, they are young and probably don't care about those things, maybe in the futere they can get more interested in having titles. What can be annoying for them is that they have more pubblic attention than they can wish to have.

Charlotte's boyfriend

I am desperately seeking more info. about Felix. Does anyone know his surname? Is he a Sorbonne student? Is it true he met Char through her stepbrother Christian?
He sort of looks like David Alexis. I've wondered if Felix and David might be related. Possibly brothers.

lashinka2002 said:
I'm always hearing how Caroline and Charlotte resemble eachother but looking at these photos I see a Stefano clone in Char.
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_10141147/Colagens/Sem+t%edtulo-3+c%f3pia2.jpg?bcHdOcCBd2HJ_19Y

I completely agree and wish people would talk about this more. The shape of Charlotte's face and head, and her bashful half-smiles, are exactly like Stefano's. Her body structure also looks nothing like Caroline's, and is probably inherited from Stefano's side too.

thats interesting because a lot of people say that daughters usually resemble their fathers side of the family and sons resemble their mothers side, but andrea and pierre dont look that similar to caroline. andrea looks like his father, but i think charlotte does look like her mother when caroline was a teenager. ive come across some photos in this forum that show this

I definitely think Charlotte resembles Stefano. Both she and Andrea have Caroline's eyes and lips, but their noses and jaws are definitely that of Stefano, and especially their large ears.

Pierre in contrast is almost the opposite. He has Stefano's eyes and lips, but definitely Caroline's little nose. He also has the large Casiraghi ears.

The Casiraghi ears

If you look at this childhood photograph of Charlotte, one can see that she has relatively large ears in proportion to the rest of her face. By saying this I don't intend to be critical, I merely intend to point out that they are a distinctive feature.

charcasiraghi26.jpg

Here is another photograph of Charlotte which shows her ears. I don't mean to suggest that she is unattractive, or that her ears detract from her beauty.
Everyone, even the beautiful, have what some would perceive as "flaws."

charmonaco2.jpg

In my opinion Charlotte resembles both of her parents equally. If Stefano were still around, getting in photographs all the time, I'm sure this would be remarked on far more often than it is. Not just in bone structure and coloring, but in expressions also.

A word on the ears. :) Rainier's are relatively large and outward directed also. All his children got Grace's small flat ears. So in Charlotte they come from father, maternal grandfather, who knows? I appreciate and second Lamonkman's statement that to point this out is not a criticism, just a recognition. Charlotte's distinctive beauty is far more than the sum of her parts.

Actually, in 2003 when Charlotte wore those wide headbands to a couple of public events, including the Grand Prix that year, the thought actually crossed my mind, Oh dear, I hope no one has recently made her feel self-conscious about her ears! They certainly detract nothing from her appearance.

Back
Top Bottom