Princess Caroline Pictures: 70s & 80s - Part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess Caroline will be always the most beautiful and charming princess, only her mother can compete with her in beauty, I think however Caroline is more appealing.

Thank you for the pictures of Caroline, queenfothelight and Zubiaur.:)
Princess Caroline looks so chic and elegant.:flowers:

Back in 1980s, Princess Caroline always looks so elegant and beautiful. Thanks for posting the pics, Marilena.:flowers:
Back in the eighties P. Croline was a woman in love and very much loved by her husband. And it seems to me that the way she dressed, the care and attention she put in every detail of her toilletes was a way to honour such love. :flowers:

That blue dres is also on of my favourites, i wonder who the desirger was, i think it was Marc Boham at that time. The earrings and the hairdo are perfect too.

Thank you for all the great pics :)

Zubiar, what I like best of your pics, is that one can see
your collection, how you've cut out pics and put them
together on sheets for your collection, that's nice to see :)

Here are three great pics of Caroline in the 1970s, she looks
so natural and happy :

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Thanks iceflower for your Kind words.The earrings you are talking about Rosana ,belonged to her mother Princess Grace

Thank you for the photos, Zubiaur, Queenforthelight, and Iceflower. Caroline's style have changed over the years but she is still beautiful as always.:flowers:

These will always be times to be remembered from all of us who are unconditional fans of P. Caroline. But, watching these pictures, i sometimes wonder if don't they keep our expectations to high when it comes to P. Caroline's present fashion choices. Perhaps we judge her too hard everytime she makes a fashion mistake. Perhaps we tend to forget that she's not a young woman anymore ( in spite of her ever present carisma, charm and undeniable beauty ), that she may be strugling wiht her own process of ageing ( and it's natural sadness and contradictions ), and that perhaps she doesn't feel the need or the will to look fashionable, desirable or sexy anymore. Perhaps she doesn't feel the will to live up to our expectations anymore. Again, i think she projects, today, an image of desillusion and tiredom, so distant of that image of glamour of past decades... But can we blame her? After all she's just human, and we must always remember that and be tolerant with her. Tolerance is also a way of respect and admiration right?

In one of Iceflower's pics, Princess Caroline is wearing apparently the pink dress she wore for her engagement with Phillipe Junot and to the wedding of her cousin Diana of Polignac in Portugal in the summer of 1977. Cristina Onassis also had the same dress.

Zubiaur, queenofthelight, iceflower, Monaco70s, thank you for all the fabulous pictures and the informative commentary that gives them a context and precious information for those interested in the details that provide a historical background to the pictures.

Princess Caroline landed on the social scene like a meteor. Nobody could have expected that we would be blessed with such an unusual presence, and there has never been anyone like her since her coming of age (chronogically, earlier than 18 years old, more like 14, really) until now. I believe she captured the spirit of the age intuitively and became its icon effortlessly. I also believe that it was part of her total wholesomeness, quite American in nature, that made her so unusual and fascinating. European girls did not have that quality. She was unique until about her 18th birthday, when the French social scene started changing her outlook on life and she became the rebellious party girl, a role she put on for a few years. She continued to be the most attractive and elegant princess until about her second husband's death, after which the real spark within her seemed to have died, at least for those who relied on photographs to try to determine her state of feelings and emotions. It is remarkable how present Princess Grace was in her formative years, and the intriguing similarities and contrast they formed when photographed together: Princess Grace always the embodiment of classic beauty and timeless style and grace, Caroline the embodiment of a certain restless energy that was the mark of that era's youth, both a delight to see, "something for everybody", the older generation and the younger one, with no fault to discern in either one.

The accumulation of pictures are a sort of CSI scene, I apologize for a clumsy comparison, it's the only one that comes to mind, in the sense that they provide the evidence to moments of life that serve as clues and bear witness to a reality that can hardly be disproved, unless one believes, in a kind of existentialist worldview, that we always wear a mask. I think Princess Caroline was too instinctive a person to wear a mask 24/7. Too many other photos testify to her intense grief when she felt pain, beginning with her break-up with Philippe Junot.

Wonderful post, like always, iloveroyals!:)

Here's a picture from September 1975:

LaDomenicaDelCorriere

Zubiaur, queenofthelight, iceflower, Monaco70s, Chantal C. I also what to thank you fro all the pictures of my favourite princess.
The last one Queenofthe light is amazing. Where do you find these things girls??

Thanks Iloveroyals and Rosana for your comments ;) Eventhough this topic isn't about her, but since she's in a photo posted by Chantal with Junot, I thought I'd post 2 pics of Christina Onassis wearing the same dress (or similarly styled) as Princes Caroline in her engagment ceremony in 1977. Christina wore this to her Aug. 1, 1978 wedding with Sergei Kauzov in Paris. I remember reading there was some kind of "rivalvary" in the 70s between Princess Caroline and Christina because of Junot, who knows for sure, but 30 years later the press did the same with their daughters. If I'm not mistaken in 1987 or 1988 there were some photos of Caroline and Christina with their children in St. Moritz skiing.

http://i42.tinypic.com/125i4c6.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2lut55g.jpg

Corbis

I also had a similar dress back in the late 70's, although mine was light brown. I guess it was just a matter of women's fashion.

I also had a similar dress back in the late 70's, although mine was light brown. I guess it was just a matter of women's fashion.

Ain't that the truth. I was going through some old photographs and saw that I had the same style of dress too, same length and cut, with small flower motifs. It was a kind of resurgence of casual forties style, that became very fashionable with the Louis Malle (if I am not mistaken) movie "Lacombe Lucien", about the Resistance during World War II, a big hit in the mid to late seventies. An adorable style , very feminine, that suited almost everyone, and suddenly everyone was wearing it. (Also similar to Caroline's engagement dress, kind of Young Girl in Bloom, or Proust's "A l'ombre des jeunes filles en fleur" (forget the title in English), pure and demure, at least on the surface, the kind of daughter that makes mama and papa proud.
By the way, thanks for your comment...

Good, Caroline looks a very sporty person at these pics, thanks for posting them!!!

Back
Top Bottom