Princess Caroline Pictures: 70s & 80s - Part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbhrc

Majesty
City
*Ruhrgebiet*
Country
Germany
Welcome to Part 3 of the thread to post and discuss pictures of Princess Caroline in the 70s and 80s. You can find the old thread here: Princess Caroline Pictures: 70s & 80s - Part 2

Please have a look at the
  • Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
Happy Posting!

The more i see Caroline the more I think she's the most beautiful woman of the latest 100 years!!!!!!!!!

Great pics everyone :) Yes the first one is from the meeting with Miterrand in Jan. or March 1983.

Here's a nice retrospective of Princess Caroline and Roberto Rosselini:

Olycom

Thanks, tbhrc. I like the one of Caroline in a trenchcoat, it's rare to see her in a trenchcoat. I think the one where she is carrying all kinds of packages and he is carrying nothing is amusing. Where are his gentlemanly manners ?
By the way, Caroline is often photographed carrying packages, I guess because that's when she is easy fodder for the paps. Nice to see she shopped at Dorothy Bis, or any other store, in other words, nice to see she is not completely under the sway of her designer guru.

A page from Chilean mag VEA

And with Bjorn Borg on the pages of a Swedish magazine back from 1976:

cover

I do not know if they ever were sweet on each other, but if so, I guess his ex-wife Loredana would have blabbed their story to everyone.:D

Last edited:
Princess Caroline, with Grace and Albert, at a gala for the opening of a luxury hotel in Monaco in 1975 (Hola)

I can't believe that Caroline is just smoking in front of her mother like that! I know that Grace smoked and everything, but still.

Ani

I can't believe that Caroline is just smoking in front of her mother like that! I know that Grace smoked and everything, but still.

Ani
She was I think 20 when this was taken, and passionately independant. It's a nice shot of Grace Levine also, next to her aunt.

Thanks for the pictures, tbhrc ! I love the progression between the second one and the third one, where in the second she looks like a ballerina "off duty" so to speak, and in the third has the easy gracefulness and elegance of a grown woman (she was pregnant with Andrea I believe ?) who is assured of her charm and seductiveness. But I like the child in her in the second one, already so poised, so self-confident, with that beautiful "port-de tête" (head high above the shoulders) you are taught in ballet school. She looks a little tentative and stiff as if feeling the watchful eye of her ballet mistress, whereas in the third, she's all fluid and wave: of course the blue gown, all sinuous silk it seems, adds to that idea. She's obviously come into her own, at the height of her powers.
The first one is completely new to me and different. She looks the way I picture an Andalusian to look. She always has a way with shawls.

Last edited:
Some clippings from a Portuguese language mag. Take a look at the big picture in the 2nd row! So classy, wasn't she? What if had Charlene been posing like that?

Clippings

Some clippings from a Portuguese language mag. Take a look at the big picture in the 2nd row! So classy, wasn't she? What if had Charlene been posing like that?

Clippings

Now, I think that was an honest mistake, and a unscrupulous photog! Remember, there are "up the dress" shots of Char at the most recent Formula 1 race - not class on the part of the 'razzi - less so any intent on the part of either Charlotte or Caroline in this picture (total accident).

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l5/louise_030/scancaroline14chritmas71.jpg

If this is the same picture (this one is from Point de Vue) then the picture was taken at Christmas, one month before her fifteenth birthday. This is a very literal translation of the accompanying text : "It's a transformed Caroline that one saw appear, during the Christmas holidays, on the occasion of the coming out of the film "Nicolas and Alexandra" which retraced the life and tragic ending of the last tsar of all the Russias. She wore a black velvet cape over a long checkered skirt, with a white silk blouse with flounces (ruffles, frills ? ("volants" in French). For the first time, Caroline was wearing make-up : a rather bright red, which she had chosen herself (Princess Grace would have prefered for her to wear pale pink.) She was resplendent. She was offered flowers. People crowded around her. She was called "Altesse" (Your Highness") or "Madame", as protocol calls for."
(I unfortunately can't find the year of that Point de Vue but the article was written during the second semester of her first year at Saint-Mary's.)

She looks like her niece Pauline in that photo! Thanks iloveroyals!

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l5/louise_030/scancaroline14chritmas71.jpg

If this is the same picture (this one is from Point de Vue) then the picture was taken at Christmas, one month before her fifteenth birthday. This is a very literal translation of the accompanying text : "It's a transformed Caroline that one saw appear, during the Christmas holidays, on the occasion of the coming out of the film "Nicolas and Alexandra" which retraced the life and tragic ending of the last tsar of all the Russias. She wore a black velvet cape over a long checkered skirt, with a white silk blouse with flounces (ruffles, frills ? ("volants" in French). For the first time, Caroline was wearing make-up : a rather bright red, which she had chosen herself (Princess Grace would have prefered for her to wear pale pink.) She was resplendent. She was offered flowers. People crowded around her. She was called "Altesse" (Your Highness") or "Madame", as protocol calls for."
(I unfortunately can't find the year of that Point de Vue but the article was written during the second semester of her first year at Saint-Mary's.)

Great information - thanks iloveroyals! :)

You're both very welcome. It's nice to be able to revisit the early seventies. (I started rereading old Point de Vue I hadn't read in years!) Tosca, I never thought of that, but you're right, she does look like Pauline here ! Strange how family resemblance shows up in the strangest occasions !

Thanks for the pictures, tbhrc ! I love the progression between the second one and the third one, where in the second she looks like a ballerina "off duty" so to speak, and in the third has the easy gracefulness and elegance of a grown woman (she was pregnant with Andrea I believe ?) who is assured of her charm and seductiveness. But I like the child in her in the second one, already so poised, so self-confident, with that beautiful "port-de tête" (head high above the shoulders) you are taught in ballet school. She looks a little tentative and stiff as if feeling the watchful eye of her ballet mistress, whereas in the third, she's all fluid and wave: of course the blue gown, all sinuous silk it seems, adds to that idea. She's obviously come into her own, at the height of her powers.
The first one is completely new to me and different. She looks the way I picture an Andalusian to look. She always has a way with shawls.

In the 3rd picture she was not pregnant with Andrea, this pic was taken in 1989 during the Red Cross Ball. She was 32 back then.

In all the pictures taken during that event, she had a special look of utter serenity and a Mona Lisa kind of smile, as if she were very pleased with a private secret, which must have been her pregnancy, which by that time was certainly not a secret, but that's the impression she projects. I adore that series of pictures. It almost seems like it was the happiest times of her whole life. Not extraverted happiness, just very zen-like happiness. Thanks for posting, Tosca !

In all the pictures taken during that event, she had a special look of utter serenity and a Mona Lisa kind of smile, as if she were very pleased with a private secret, which must have been her pregnancy, which by that time was certainly not a secret, but that's the impression she projects. I adore that series of pictures. It almost seems like it was the happiest times of her whole life. Not extraverted happiness, just very zen-like happiness. Thanks for posting, Tosca !

You're welcome, iloveroyals! And I totally agree with you, Caroline seems to be born to be a mother. In an article I read on CHI mag some years ago, Caroline was reported by a friend of her to have said that she enjoyed each of her pregnancies, and that she felt really beautiful each time she was expecting a baby.

You're welcome, iloveroyals! And I totally agree with you, Caroline seems to be born to be a mother. In an article I read on CHI mag some years ago, Caroline was reported by a friend of her to have said that she enjoyed each of her pregnancies, and that she felt really beautiful each time she was expecting a baby.

Well, it shows. She glows internally if I may say so. I don't remember her laughing in that whole set of pictures, just smiling, and it was very becoming. Well, not to stretch an analogy too much, but she must have been in a continuous dialogue with her baby, communicating through waves, and that could be the origin of this beatific smile. You know, come to think of it, it is less Mona Lisa than all the Italain Renaissance Virgins in paintings. They all have that smile...

Thanks Ice, though they were posted on an Italian mag, I have never seen them!

Back
Top Bottom