Princess Caroline honored with UNICEF's 2006 Children Champion Award

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanwix

Commoner
City
Wellesley
Country
United States
Any updated information on this trip? Do they arrive today in Boston? Raining now:mad: but sunny:) weekend is forecast!

Who is traveling to Boston?

I've changed the title of this thread so everyone knows what this thread is about.

Here is a link to the news. There are no updates so far. The Gala will take place tomorrow.

I live right down the street from where she will be but wont be able to go :mad:. My friend is getting married, which is more important. Just my luck I guess :(

christinacg said:
I live right down the street from where she will be but wont be able to go :mad:. My friend is getting married, which is more important. Just my luck I guess :(

That's sad, but are you in the wedding party or just attending, because maybe you could just skip the church service or go to the reception late ... that way you can still get to see Princess Caroline?

Princess Caroline of Hanover (C) accepts the 2006 UNICEF Children's Champion Award from Sally Cottingham (L), Chairperson of the award ceremony, and Charles Lyons (R), President of the U.S. Fund for UNICEF, at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, Massachusetts May 20, 2006. The award celebrates Princess Caroline's dedication to children's causes

from yahoo/reuters

615ks.jpg
625ds.jpg
630qy.jpg
649rf.jpg
655by.jpg
668bj.jpg

Last edited:
she looks great thanks for the pics.

Wow, she looks amazing. I have to say that I love her black gowns, I know that some people here think she should wear bright clothes, but I prefer her in black. The hairstyle is also great, all I can say is that she really looks fabulous in those pics.

Apart from her look I think it was time that her hard work esp. for women and children was honored. A lot of people are only interested in the family scandals and seem to overlook that the family is very active in various charity organizations.

Princess caroline looks wonderful. Congratulations with the Award!!!!!!!!!

Some small pics from Newscom/Gamma

1085xlu.jpg
1085xme.jpg
1085xn6.jpg
1085xqf.jpg
1085xr9.jpg
1085xsk.jpg
1085xt3.jpg
1085xu8.jpg
1085xxg.jpg
1085xxx.jpg

Caro looks great ... and she deserves this award....

Congratulations Caroline!!! :)
Also does anybody know where we can get a copy of what she is saying in her speech? Thanks!

Her Royal Highness, such a well deserved title and honor. She looks beautiful! Princess Caroline never ceases to amaze me. I can tell she looks a lot happier, more serene and graceful since she has gone full force with her humanitarian work. My admiration and respect for her are 100%.

Congratulations Princess Caroline :D She really deserves this award since for almost 30 years she's been involved in humanitarian work for woman and children.

Yeah..The Princess really deserve an award for her work..She visited Manila on October 2004 to pay visit for unfortunate kids and mothers who are victims of violence housed by Virlanie Foundation which is funded by AMADE ( established by Princess Grace)...That trip was closely guarded from photographers.They were not invited during Princess Caroline visit to the streetchildren ward and other functions.A source said that it was the Princess' request not to invite them while she visits the children and for the orderliness of the trip.Even the official photographer of the Mayor of Manila had some problems with Princess Caroline's official photographer because of the restrictions on taking pictures...The Princess went on to a charity gala on her second night in Manila..400 of Manila's top elite, with all their glamour came in to see Prince Rainier and Grace Kelly's eldest daughter..To their surprise, Her Royal Highness modestly came to the show with a stylish but modest outfit and wore no jewelries...Princess Caroline said to one guest at the gala that she doesnt usually bring jewelries on her trips..

Last edited:
Once more her beauty is as impressive as the work she does!
Thanks for the first pics, fanletizia and tbhrc!

miraglia1983 said:
Her Royal Highness, such a well deserved title and honor. She looks beautiful! Princess Caroline never ceases to amaze me. I can tell she looks a lot happier, more serene and graceful since she has gone full force with her humanitarian work. My admiration and respect for her are 100%.

You are absotulety right, the Princess Caroline never cease to amaze me since 17 years! ;) Despite, I've seen Caroline in the real life for 3 times :D
It is my most favourite princess and it will be forever, for always!

I love the black outfit Chanel, very elegant and natural...
I'm very proud of her for her humanitarian work.

Thank you for the pictures!

Princess Caroline looks so beautiful and serene:) It's great to see she's once again awarded for her humanitarian work helping children, the little ones who need us the most..In that way Princess Grace's idea never loses its flame through many, many years. I'm always fond of it when people who have power, strenght, "the name", stand for those whose rights are being violated every day all around the globe!
I think that both princesses, Caroline & Stephanie, have big heart in those questions:)

After all these years . . .

she's still a fabulous beauty! I see some of Princess Grace in her!

Congratulations to Princess Caroline. :) What a nice, advanced 50th birthday (next year) present. She truly deserves it. Can't believe she's involved in children's causes for so long now... hope she continues it. As Caroline ages, she gets better and better. And she looks fabulous still.

Many thanks, tbhrc, for the link on the article. I believe the young boys in that pic of Princess Caroline are Filipinos like me. And the other pics are wonderful, too.

Last edited:
Princess Caroline in Boston

Arggh! She was less than an hour from where I live yesterday and I didn't even know it?? I never thought she'd ever be in my neck of the woods. Congrats to her.

she's so amazing and deserves this so much. i respect her so much, she's truly an example for the younger generations.

Picture Press/Gamma Part 1

10er5et.jpg
10er5i0.jpg
10er5na.jpg
10er621.jpg
10er67k.jpg
10er6fd.jpg
10er6kk.jpg

Picture Press/Gamma Part 2

10er883.jpg
10er8d3.jpg
10er8g0.jpg
10er8kj.jpg
10er8mw.jpg
10er8sg.jpg

She has a wonderful smile ...

... she's a great girl, you know :)

Does anyone have a video link with Caroline accepting this award?

I don't find any new pictures from Corbis, no Deadline Press, no Getty Images... maybe almost of photographers are in Cannes for the Festival of Cannes?

I am so impatient to see new and larger pictures! And of course the video about speeching of Caroline! :D

So we have to wait a bit.....

Congrats Princess! I think she deserves this and has done a good job with children and hope that she continues with it as her family

she does look like her mum...love her natural smile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom