Princess Caroline - Cover Girl Part II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbhrc

Majesty
City
*Ruhrgebiet*
Country
Germany
This is the second thread to post covers of Princess Caroline. Please remember to name the source of your pics.

Happy Posting!

You can find the old thread here.

STORY belgium magazine 1978
10xajk0.jpg
10xakbm.jpg

Some german magazines
Frau & Bunte

10xapdz.jpg
10xaq1c.jpg
10xaqko.jpg

Vários magazines
Semana/Los Domingos de ABC /Das Golden Blatt

10xatqh.jpg
10xavs3.jpg
10xawe0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You know those pictures of them on their honeymoon where Caroline has the flowers in her hair give me the creeps. Philippe looks really oily and smarmy and she looks so young and fresh (which she was). Blech.

i'm utterly confused as to that dress (the one in semana) is it a cream color or purple as was shown in the previous thread?

bluebess said:
You know those pictures of them on their honeymoon where Caroline has the flowers in her hair give me the creeps. Philippe looks really oily and smarmy and she looks so young and fresh (which she was). Blech.

you're not alone. i've always thought he looked like a toad.

The dress is white, you can see more pic in retrospective red cross ball 1974
enchantednights said:
i'm utterly confused as to that dress (the one in semana) is it a cream color or purple as was shown in the previous thread?

(semana)
10xdgmw.jpg

Cover from PDV from my collection

10xdq9j.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, I never understood the attraction there. He must have had some kind of charm because she could have had anybody.

flowerpower said:
The dress is white, you can see more pic in retrospective red cross ball 1974

(semana)

Cover from PDV from my collection
source: cover of bunte

10xfwhc.jpg

there were some major color alterations then. i personally think the purple looks better on her tanned skin.

enchantednights said:
source: cover of bunte
there were some major color alterations then. i personally think the purple looks better on her tanned skin.
German magazines quite often changed the colour of a dress, to me it seems as if they try to pretend they had a new pic or a special pic no other magazine has..
110ghv4.jpg
110gimx.jpg
110gj0n.jpg

(Das neue Blatt, Frau im Spiegel)

Thanks iceflower for the explanation, its quit amazing that back in 1974 the German graphic was so advance…;) :)

Wonderful covers! Even on color altered one, Caroline looks so beautiful..Great beauty:)

flowerpower said:
Thanks iceflower for the explanation, its quit amazing that back in 1974 the German graphic was so advance…;) :)
Indeed quite surprising ;)

BUNTE - 1978 and 1980:

11k88rq.jpg
11k8bk2.jpg

So simple and so beautiful on first cover!:) Great finding, Iceflower!;)

Oggi..

11kcsqt.jpg

She's so calssy and beautiful,nobody equals her.

An interview talking about "Everything, from Junot to Rossellini"...I would like to read it so much! I respect that Caro doesn't like to give interviews about herself anymore, but I miss them...

Thanks for the pics.

Some cover's from HOLA
(hola)

11qu9ex.jpg
11r39km.jpg

11r3a0o.jpg
11r3zu8.jpg

Jour de France Cover's
(jdf,rolling stone,semana,cosas)

11r3qft.jpg
11r3spw.jpg

Rolling Stone Magazine

11r3vrb.jpg
11r3wau.jpg

Cover of Semana and Cosas

11r4p6b.jpg
11r4s8z.jpg

Caroline and Grace's picture appeared in "OGGI" mag in 1977

Wonderful covers, girls! I like them a lot!

Here are some more:

11u9n9h.jpg
11u9noh.jpg
11u9o1s.jpg

(Echo der Frau, Aktuelle)

Elspeth, I genuinely respect you and agree that I was out of line with my post. I applaud you for taking TRF extremely seriously and would just like to re-word my post a little differently.

I look at the magazine covers of Caroline and Phillipe and I just can't help but think that Caroline could have done so much better than Phillipe. She looks so beautiful and he looks so... well... I'm not going to go there. I think she looks especially great on the HOLA cover with Andrea, she looks really happy.

I hope that was better moderator, and I wil refrain from anymore breaking of TRF rules.

Love
Ani

Last edited:
A cute cover from 'Le Soir'

11ukkeq.jpg

cvr0069a.jpg

I don't know if it's been posted yet, but i think she looks really great here! White definitely suits her!

Source: McCall's

Das Neue Blatt, 7 Tage, VEA, Cosas, A die Aktuelle, Vanidades

13ypbw4.jpg
13ypc21.jpg
13ypc79.jpg
13ypc9j.jpg
13ypceh.jpg
13ypchy.jpg
13ypdt2.jpg
13ypdzl.jpg
13ype1k.jpg
13ype6e.jpg

Vanidades, A die Aktuelle, Echo der Frau, Cosas, BUNTE, Frezeit Revue, das neue Blatt

13ypeag.jpg
13ypefk.jpg
13ypekl.jpg
13ypeno.jpg
13ypes8.jpg
13ypeuw.jpg
13ypez8.jpg
13ypf8y.jpg
13ypfew.jpg
13ypfk4.jpg

Thank you, magnificent post as always tbhrc! I wish I had the Vanidades issue that seems to be dedicated to her only! Seeing as many of the magazines posted are German, I can't really read what they say. But I can read the French and Spanish ones, luckily!

Thanks again!
Ani

Great covers you all found :)

Here is one from 1998:

154v81i.jpg

(Frau im Spiegel)

Another cover of Frau im Spiegel, this time from 1983:

15chqwi.jpg

Last edited:
The Hayat cover you posted in # 22 is so great, tbhrc, and I love the Frau im Spiegel cover in # 29, Iceflower - Caroline in a new period of her life, so happy again. Thank you!

Does anyone have a copy of the article about Caroline that appeared in Seventeen Magazine in the 70's? If so, I would love it if you would share. I remember that article because it was the first time that I really became aware of Caroline. I woud love to reread it.

Back
Top Bottom