Princess Caroline and husbands part II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"You'll Never" is hardly a biography...it's a book of scandalous anectdotes.

I think with all the huffing and puffing that accompanied the book's publication, if it had been filled with lies the author would have been successfully sued in court.

He/she was NOT...in fact no one ever even filed a suit.

In the US you cannot sue someone over information that is true, no matter how bad it makes you look.

In the US, you can print lies about a dead person. There is no legal recourse.

It was written in the 80's...Stefano was alive and kicking at that time.

But now I am starting to think I read about him in "You'll Never MAKE LOVE In this Town Again" which I do not think was written while he was alive...hmmm...I need to check this out.

Again, it was just a brief mention and sort of funny. It didn't paint him as a monster or bad guy, just a bit shallow.

Last edited:
Princess Caroline had an affair with...?

Did Princess Caroline have an affair with a good friend's husband and that husband was Prince Ernest of Hanover? If this is true, she has no room to judge Albert nor Stephanie for their love lives or how their children came to be. I say this because I read that Princess was said to be embarrassed by her siblings behaviors.

It's been said that Caroline has had an affair with her best friend's husband. That would be Ernst, and the supposed best friend would be Chantal.
However, Chantal was not Caroline's friend, it was Ernst. Caroline met Ernst long time before he got married to Chantal. Caroline was friends with Ernst first, and when he married, she simply had to get along, respectfully, with Chantal.

Of course she has no right to criticize her siblings for scandalous behaviours since she was involved in a quite a few, but it's incorrect to say that she was best friends with Chantal.

In regards to Phillippe being a playboy, in the book about Grace written by Robert Lacey, it states that he had investments in several successful businesses, among them a supermarket and real estate, so he lived off of the income from them. It's not that he was idle, or didn't work, he had just succeeded in investments and was living life to the fullest.

It's been said that Caroline has had an affair with her best friend's husband. That would be Ernst, and the supposed best friend would be Chantal.
However, Chantal was not Caroline's friend, it was Ernst. Caroline met Ernst long time before he got married to Chantal. Caroline was friends with Ernst first, and when he married, she simply had to get along, respectfully, with Chantal.

Of course she has no right to criticize her siblings for scandalous behaviours since she was involved in a quite a few, but it's incorrect to say that she was best friends with Chantal.
I don't understand the difference. OK, Caroline met Chatntal through Ernst. But both couples (Caro-Stefano / Ernst-Chantal) became very close and Ernst-Chantal were always invited in Monaco and even in special events, like marriage anniversary. Caroline shouldn't behave so badly to Chantal. Of course it was not only her fault. Ernst was responsible too. According to an old greek saying: "what you give you get". Sorry for being hard, but I want to be fair.

Probably Chantal, Princess of Hannover is quite happy with her fate - who in fact wants to be married to this train wreck of a man without manners and dignity but with an aggressive streak?

Well said, Kataryn !

Chantal is well shut off him, and so is Caroline.

I wonder, though, whether Caro did it all for the HRH / SAR ?
Is it valuable enough to take such a risk with Ernst?

Since we don't know Caroline's motives for the marriage, separation, et al we should not speculate.

And let's cool it with the nasty comments about Ernst. He might not be everyone's idea of a husband, but he is still someone's son, father, etc. We don't need to comment on his behavior with nasty slurs on character.

Well put Zonk. E-A has a disease that has affected how he behaves towards others, and how he functions in the world.

I am not making excuses for him, he is a grown man and knows what he is and what needs to be done.

But he is probably no better or no worse than many other people who have the same affliction he does... except he is rich and famous and married to a beautiful Princess, and that is what makes him more visible. :ermm:

Okay, I take the train wreck back (though pankreatitis does in most case lead to much suffering without hope of a cure). But I stand by the no manners and dignity (his name in the German press is surely well-known and why he is called that way: no way to behave for a HRH! In public! During an art exhibition!) and he has an aggressive streak and has been judged accordingly by German Courts. That is fact, IMHO.

I don't understand the difference. OK, Caroline met Chatntal through Ernst. But both couples (Caro-Stefano / Ernst-Chantal) became very close and Ernst-Chantal were always invited in Monaco and even in special events, like marriage anniversary. Caroline shouldn't behave so badly to Chantal. Of course it was not only her fault. Ernst was responsible too. According to an old greek saying: "what you give you get". Sorry for being hard, but I want to be fair.

Caroline and Ernst were friends since childhood according to what I read. Long time ago I posted a photo of Caroline and Junot vacationing in Provence with Ernst, shortly after they got married.

It's not that important to make it clear if Caroline was best friends with Chantal or not or if she met her thanks to Ernst, imho. This doesn't count that much. We don't know if Caro became close friends with Chantal as the time went by. I don't think that it plays any important role for what has been followed.

All this thing with Chantal/Ernst/Caro is a really sensitive issue and i don't want to say more.. Everyone knows he is agressive and spitfire and sot.. If i were Caroline - knowing all those things about him and his past - well, i wouldn't marry him..
At least Chantal is good now, as far as i'm concerned, and that's what matters for me.

It's not that important to make it clear if Caroline was best friends with Chantal or not or if she met her thanks to Ernst, imho. This doesn't count that much. We don't know if Caro became close friends with Chantal as the time went by. I don't think that it plays any important role for what has been followed.

All this thing with Chantal/Ernst/Caro is a really sensitive issue and i don't want to say more.. Everyone knows he is agressive and spitfire and sot.. If i were Caroline - knowing all those things about him and his past - well, i wouldn't marry him..
At least Chantal is good now, as far as i'm concerned, and that's what matters for me.
Caroline is also better now. After her separation she seems peaceful and relaxed...

There are other possibilities. Maybe PE and Chantal had been separated for awhile. Maybe PR pressured PC to marry PE because he is crown royalty. She always said she wasn't interested in marrying a prince. Also that the public didn't know all of the story. We don't know all of the facts.

I think the best husband of Princess Caroline was Ernst of Hanover, Stefano seemed cold and distand. :/

I think the best husband of Princess Caroline was Ernst of Hanover, Stefano seemed cold and distand. :/

What makes you think so highly of EA?
Is it his getting so drunk at the pre wedding party of the Prince of Asturias that he was unable to attend the actual wedding or perhaps his peeing on the Turkish pavilion at Expo, or his physical attacks on people, or his holidays to Thailand and Spain with women he is not married to?

Stefano and Caroline seemed very much in love and happy. There is a saying the way you get a man is the way you will lose him. Who knows that saying might fit this situation.

Stefano and Caroline seemed very much in love and happy. There is a saying the way you get a man is the way you will lose him. Who knows that saying might fit this situation.

According to Stefano, you mean the (not proved) story that when he met Caroline, he had an Italian fiancee?
I also agree that she was very happy with Stefano. He was not distant, but a little shy and low profile.
About EA, you mean his first marriage?
Anyway, it's too pity for Caroline. She didn't deserve this end. In the beggining of her relashionship with EA, she seemed very happy, like regaining her lost happiiness (after Stefano's sudden death).

Stefano was THE LOVE of her life. When you see her pictures during this period, she was not only beautiful (which she was of course before and after), but shd had always a kind of "light" around her, coming inside her, which was the proof of an absolute hapiness. I felt an explosion of feelings and adoration coming from her at this period. For she never recovered this "aura" and internal peace, even if she has been happy again. Of course her new husband and her kids gave her wonderful moments in her life, but after Stefano's death, something broke for ever.

Stefano was THE LOVE of her life. When you see her pictures during this period, she was not only beautiful (which she was of course before and after), but shd had always a kind of "light" around her, coming inside her, which was the proof of an absolute hapiness. I felt an explosion of feelings and adoration coming from her at this period. For she never recovered this "aura" and internal peace, even if she has been happy again. Of course her new husband and her kids gave her wonderful moments in her life, but after Stefano's death, something broke for ever.
I'm not saying the opposite :flowers:, but I do think that Princess Grace was right when she chose Ernst of Hanover for a husband to Princess Caroline. There was something very blank about Stefano. For me he always seemed to be a cold person, unable to show feelings and he had these indifferent, dead eyes. While at the same Prince Ernst was a warm, radiant person, with a very positive appearance. Princess Alexandra has her dad's positive appearance.

Last edited:
Princess Grace did not know that Ernst would become an alcoholic with all the related problems.

While at the same Prince Ernst was a warm, radiant person, with a very positive appearance. Princess Alexandra has her dad's positive appearance.

What do you find so radiant and positive in EA's appearance? Is it his getting so drunk at the pre wedding party of the Prince of Asturias that he was unable to attend the actual wedding or perhaps his peeing on the Turkish pavilion at Expo, or his physical attacks on people, or his holidays to Thailand and Spain with women he is not married to? For most people these are not traits in a husband they would consider very desirable.

I'm not saying the opposite :flowers:, but I do think that Princess Grace was right when she chose Ernst of Hanover for a husband to Princess Caroline. There was something very blank about Stefano. For me he always seemed to be a cold person, unable to show feelings and he had these indifferent, dead eyes. While at the same Prince Ernst was a warm, radiant person, with a very positive appearance. Princess Alexandra has her dad's positive appearance.

In what way did Grace chose Ernst as Caroline's husband? Grace died in 1982, almost 2 decades before Caroline married Ernst.

In what way did Grace chose Ernst as Caroline's husband? Grace died in 1982, almost 2 decades before Caroline married Ernst.

Grace supposedly used to browse the Almanach de Gotha and chose EA as an appropriate candidate for marriage for Caroline. Not sure if Grace ever met him in person.

Caroline knew Ernst since her 17ies, when she was living in London for her A levels. EA was livig in London also. They have met and being in commun cercles at this time. The rumor says that he was already attracted by her. So Pcs Grace, choose him (IF she did so) not really from a book, but among her daughter's cercle. He was not an uknown from a book!
And do not forget that very soon Philippe Junot arrived.. and Grace quickly abandoned her royal dreams.

Back
Top Bottom