Princess Caroline and husbands part II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Which of her husbands fell dead? and who did she divorce?

Divroced first husband Philippe Junot, second husband Stefano Casiraghi died in a speedboat accident, separated from third husband Prince Ernst of Hanover.

Yes she married 3 times. It seems that she is not that lucky with husbands and marriages.

None of the Grimaldis are lucky in love. :sad:

I am praying Prince Albert can break the "curse".

omg, she had three husbands?

What is so OMG about it? :confused:

That's life, c'est la vie, it throws one curve balls every now & again.

It's not like Caroline's divorcing and marrying on a whim, especially if one has kept abreast of her life throughout the decades, such as I. ;)

And therefore this is the way *I* see it:

1.) Caroline, 21, marries 38 yr. old Phillip Junot in a grand Catholic ceremony, thinking it will be for life, but alas he turns out to be a playboy, cheating on her from the start. Thus her mother convinces her to divorce after two years, despite Caroline insisting Catholics don't divorce, nevertheless she goes ahead and does so, aided by the fact that she had no issue/children during their 2 yr. marriage. ***Note: it takes her 11 yrs. and three children later to finally be granted an annulment from the Catholic Church***

2.) Caroline, 26, marries 23 yr old Stefano Casiraghi in a low-key wedding ceremony at the Monaco Palace, and bears three wonderful children during their 7 yr. marriage, until it all ends tragically on October 3, 1990, when Stefano dies in a speedboat racing accident, leaving Caroline a widow at 33 yrs. old.

3.) Caroline, 42, marries 45 yr. old Prince Ernst August of Hanover on her birthday, January 23, 1999, and bears him one child, Princess Alexandra. And despite claims of infidelity on Ernst's part, there has been no official announcement of a separation, they are still married 12 yrs. later. Also, by all accounts Ernst has been a good step-father to Caroline's three children by Stefano Casiraghi.

End of story. :)

Last edited:
Oh I agree with Nadine.....that's nothing so " OMG " about her 3 marriages.
First one they divorced due to Philippe's cheating, 2nd one Stefano died, then married Ernst and it seems things didn't work for them..................

Now that her children are of age, the paps are tuned into them and leaving Caroline alone.

Nadine,
The story may continue for Caroline .
I wonder if the Prince of Hannover will show up on his ex-brother-in-law's wedding day?

Nadine,
The story may continue for Caroline .
I wonder if the Prince of Hannover will show up on his ex-brother-in-law's wedding day?

Agree. Caroline is still young to hope "not to be at end of story", she has still the right to be happy.

As regards Prince EA, I do not think that he will show up at PA wedding:eek:... unless something changes to their relationship with Caroline
Still one month remaining!

Maybe PEA and PC will be adult and put on a good show for the world on PA's wedding day.

But, I admit this might be "a bridge too far" for all participants....

I don't think he will show up at the wedding. But, maybe he will, who knows? But i just have a feeling he won't. :/

Please remember that this actually is a picture thread, not one to speculate on possible wedding guests ;) - thanks!

I don't think he was the perfect husband for anyone- he was too immature.
Very adolescent.
I know he died young, but he always seemed like a big kid playing with toys- cars, boats, etc.

There's no way to know for sure, but I think if he hadn't died, they'd have divorced quite soon.

I do not agree and I think this is not a correct judgement for Stefano. He married very young, he become father of three very soon. For the 7 years we could observe him (unitil his death), he was been a good husband, an attentive father and also very comprehensive towards his wifes official obligations! And he as also working hard in business!
How could we say he was immature? Most of the 23years rich boys (he was rich BEFORE marry PC) spend their nights in partying and their days in sleeping!
As regards the "toys" he was simply sportif! Of course he could afford expensive sports, but why not?

I do not agree and I think this is not a correct judgement for Stefano. He married very young, he become father of three very soon. For the 7 years we could observe him (unitil his death), he was been a good husband, an attentive father and also very comprehensive towards his wifes official obligations! And he as also working hard in business!
How could we say he was immature? Most of the 23years rich boys (he was rich BEFORE marry PC) spend their nights in partying and their days in sleeping!
As regards the "toys" he was simply sportif! Of course he could afford expensive sports, but why not?

(...)
Working hard in business? When?
I don't see when he could have done much in business when he was always out in his boat or cars.

He was attractive and seemed quite good-natured, but what did he actually accomplish in his life?

Last edited by a moderator:
When?
I don't see when he could have done much in business when he was always out in his boat or cars.

He was not always out, and it is not a crime to have leisures it does not make him bad or immature.

but what did he actually accomplish in his life?

He did not really had time to accomplish anything, he passed away.
What most of the 30 years old have accomplish???

I don't think he was the perfect husband for anyone- he was too immature.
Very adolescent.
I know he died young, but he always seemed like a big kid playing with toys- cars, boats, etc.

There's no way to know for sure, but I think if he hadn't died, they'd have divorced quite soon.

I always got the feeling that Caroline was calling the shots in that relationship and in that marriage. I think she was drawn to him after Junot because he was the anti-Junot...he was low key and not flamboyant and was open to settling down and creating a family with her...and unlike Philippe, I think she was able to kind of boss Stefano around.

Since he died so young and so tragically, it is tempting to believe that the marriage would have lasted. But I also get the feeling that they would perhaps have eventually outgrown one another.

We will never know.:sad:

He did give her three of the most gorgeous offspring in noble Europe, and it's so sad that he isn't around to see them now.

Last edited:
We don't know that she bossed him around. From what I have read he was a very successful businessman. He started a helicopter transportation company that flies all over the Riviera and as far as Switzerland, a construction company, financed by the Fiat car company, that built apartment buildings in Cap D'ail? and the Fonteville part of Monaco, and an import and export business. That's pretty impressive for someone of his age.

For some reason I believe you are right, their marriage wouldnt have survived. As usual when somebody's life is tragically cut short unexpectedly at a very young age, there is a high chance of idealizing the past. I dont think C&S were the ideal couple as they are still being portrayed until this very day.

(...)
Working hard in business? When?

He was attractive and seemed quite good-natured, but what did he actually accomplish in his life?

You have to be informed before critizicing Stefano. You obviously do not knwow much about him. As Fanosmonaco said he accomplisehd much more than many people who live longer. The Fontvielle neighborhood was built by his construction company. (...) Only Caroline can say if he was a good husband (..)

Speculative posts have been removed.

We don't know that she bossed him around. From what I have read he was a very successful businessman. He started a helicopter transportation company that flies all over the Riviera and as far as Switzerland, a construction company, financed by the Fiat car company, that built apartment buildings in Cap D'ail? and the Fonteville part of Monaco, and an import and export business. That's pretty impressive for someone of his age.

You are correct, I don't know that at all...which is why I posted "it was a feeling I had" and not that "I know Caroline bossed Stefano around for sure".

The "feeling" is based on articles and interviews I read about them as a couple, and from comments from people in the Principality that knew them both.

Stefano also briefly features in the scandalous book "You'll Never Eat Lunch In This Town Again"...that came out in the 80's...the author is a former call girl who ran with a very fast international set.

Stefano was dating a fellow model friend of hers apparently(just before Caroline came on the scene)

His appearance in the book takes up only a few paragraphs, but I found it insightful.

Let me just say that my beliefs about them as a couple mirror Duke of Marmalade's 100%...but as I said also...it's moot because we will never know.

Last edited:
You are correct, I don't know that at all...which is why I posted "it was a feeling I had" and not that "I know Caroline bossed Stefano around for sure".

The "feeling" is based on articles and interviews I read about them as a couple, and from comments from people in the Principality that knew them both.

Stefano also briefly features in the scandalous book "You'll Never Eat Lunch In This Town Again"...that came out in the 80's...the author is a former call girl who ran with a very fast international set.

Stefano was dating a fellow model friend of hers apparently(just before Caroline came on the scene)

His appearance in the book takes up only a few paragraphs, but I found it insightful.

Let me just say that my beliefs about them as a couple mirror Duke of Marmalade's 100%...but as I said also...it's moot because we will never know.

The book "You'll Never Eat Lunch In This Town Again" was famously written by a film producer about the film industry! But, I know what book you are talking about :D it was a play on words. I was catsitting for a friend who was out of town and she had the book sitting around somewhere. I picked it up and literally read it in about 5 minutes....the fasted book I ever read :D, but then a book wriiten by hookers is a pretty easy read! :) Actually I think the women who wrote it worked on Falcon Crest, and her sister was the hooker in the 80's that had a lot of her story and her hooker pals-heidi girls. I don't actually remember reading anything about Stefano, not that I 'm doubting you, it was kind of entertaining, but I'm not sure it's a book I would give a lot of weight to,....it was written by hookers.;)

For some reason I believe you are right, their marriage wouldnt have survived. As usual when somebody's life is tragically cut short unexpectedly at a very young age, there is a high chance of idealizing the past. I dont think C&S were the ideal couple as they are still being portrayed until this very day.

Really, I know what you mean, but I think he was probably the love of her life. I mean considering her brothers match, they look like a pretty ideal couple, but then I guess that wouldn't be saying much!

Last edited:
The book "You'll Never Eat Lunch In This Town Again" was famously written by a film producer about the film industry! But, I know what book you are talking about :D it was a play on words. I was catsitting for a friend who was out of town and she had the book sitting around somewhere. I picked it up and literally read it in about 5 minutes....the fasted book I ever read :D, but then a book wriiten by hookers is a pretty easy read! :) Actually I think the women who wrote it worked on Falcon Crest, and her sister was the hooker in the 80's that had a lot of her story and her hooker pals-heidi girls. I don't actually remember reading anything about Stefano, not that I 'm doubting you, it was kind of entertaining, but I'm not sure it's a book I would give a lot of weight to,....it was written by hookers.;)

OMG..you have a good memory! :lol: Both Victoria Sellers and Nicollete Sheridan(Desperate Housewives) had big parts in it.

I will PM you the info on Stefano's part in it. It's not a big deal, but it's just not the place to be posting it here.;)

BTW..ICAM with you that Stefano was probably the love of Caroline's life. I suppose it's a blessing that he died before he could really disappoint her...no matter what, she can always hold on to the 7 years they were together and take comfort in the fact that for awhile, she knew real happiness.

Last edited:
If he had encounters with those girls before meeting Caroline, what's the problem? I tend to mistrust the so called American biographers...

Those "biographers" are out to make money, regardless of the veracity of statements, gossip etc.

Back
Top Bottom