The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-22-2020, 06:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy345 View Post
It did not last very long. I recall it was already over around the honeymoon.
The first clash was indeed during the honeymoon, when she discovered that he had sold the exclusivity of their pictures in honeymoon, of course without her agreement.

Old 04-22-2020, 08:40 AM
Nobility

Then the tabs showed him out with other women.

Old 04-22-2020, 08:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
The first clash was indeed during the honeymoon, when she discovered that he had sold the exclusivity of their pictures in honeymoon, of course without her agreement.
P. Caroline has an interessting statement about her disenchantment: " On se reveille un jour et on se demande se qu'on a fait " that goes something like «we awke up one day and we ask ourselves what have we done»... And yes, that disenchantment began in her honeymoon…
Old 04-22-2020, 09:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy345 View Post
Then the tabs showed him out with other women.

He(Junot) got into a near fistfight with the late David Kennedy(one of RFK's sons) over model Giannina Facio at Studio 54 in NYC. I remember that it was all over the tabloids in 1979 or 1980.

He and Caroline also publicly quarreled at the Monaco Grand Prix of 1980.

They separated soon afterward.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 04-22-2020, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Once Caroline said in an interview that Junot stepped into this marriage, like if he was just attending another party, not more.
It was Princess Grace who indirectly pushed Caroline into this marriage. When she was dating Junot, mother and daughter were fighting a lot about this relation, as princely couple was against. While arguing once, Princess Grace challenged her daughter by saying : if he is good enough for you then marry him.. And Caroline took the challenge and insisted to marry him.
Princess Grace was dreaming much much better for her daughter than a playboy 17 years older. This is visible in the wedding, both parents are not happy at all.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:04 PM
Aristocracy

I think PC’s decision to stay married to Ernst has nothing to do with her being catholic. When she married Stefano, she was already pregnant with Andrea. Same happened when she married Ernst. It doesn’t really make a difference IMHO - I’m not being judgmental here but it doesn’t seem to me that Caroline is the kind of person who refrains from doing something because of her religion. That being said, I don’t think it makes her any less Catholic the fact that she doesn’t follow the “rules” 100%... it’s just how people live in our times. The church has some really odd ideas.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think Caroline and Ernst have decided to remain married for financial reasons and because it is convenient.

Unless one of them decides to remarry-unlikely-why take on the headache of another divorce?

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 04-24-2020, 08:24 AM
Heir Apparent

The Casiraghis were better known than Alexandra. Maybe because they lost early their father, maybe because at this time their mother were extremely mediatized, as well as Grace's accident and passing was not soo old. Alexandra was born much later, from a living father not extremely known or liked by media, especially for American people she should be very poorly known.
Furthermore, the Casiraghis were followed everywhere, but not too much on their students life. I remember a set of pictures of Charlotte in one occasion going to school at her teen age, but I don't remember her going to Sorbone, almost nothing. The proof is that in a simple student's attire, she also could be melted among the crowd. Same for Alexandra, especially in a foreign continent.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

@moderators, sorry I wanted to post the previous post into General questions about Princess Caroline and her family , , my mistake, and I don't know how to move it, feel free to do it. Thanks
Old 04-24-2020, 09:59 AM
Courtier

Plus the Casiraghis-Boys were kind of heir presumptiv
Old 04-24-2020, 12:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I think Caroline and Ernst have decided to remain married for financial reasons and because it is convenient.

Unless one of them decides to remarry-unlikely-why take on the headache of another divorce?
Or we can just assume that P, Caroline really has feelings for P. Ernst… Words on the street are that she secretly helps him and takes care of him in difficult times, like when he's ill, so why can't we just assume they care for each other, although livging in common on na everyday basis is just impossible???
Old 04-24-2020, 01:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

That is an excellent assumption, and I agree that it is more likely true than the idea that she wants to hold on to the (defunct) Hanover Royal title, which I am always hearing and reading.

I also doubt that it's her Catholic religious convictions that keep her married to this man.

Old 04-24-2020, 02:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
That is an excellent assumption, and I agree that it is more likely true than the idea that she wants to hold on to the (defunct) Hanover Royal title, which I am always hearing and reading.

I also doubt that it's her Catholic religious convictions that keep her married to this man.
Probalby it is a complicated situation, Ernst seems to be a pretty difficult mixed up man, but she can maintain a separate life from him.. and getting a divorce might cause that situation to become more complicated. I doubt if it is to do with religious convictions or caring for him.
If she has no desire to remarry, she might as well stay married to him
Old 07-17-2020, 03:27 AM
Administrator

The newest news about Prince Ernst August of Hannover have already posted at his own thread and should not be reposted here. Reposts have been removed. Please use this thread for all further discussions about the matter. Thank you!
Old 09-07-2020, 04:54 PM
Commoner

Caroline and Ernst August

Why did Caroline and Ernst split up?
Old 09-07-2020, 04:56 PM
Majesty

I'd say the big question was why did she marry him
Old 09-07-2020, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
He knocked her up.
Old 09-07-2020, 06:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
One word: Alexandra.

I don't think she wanted to have a child out of wedlock. Unlike her brother and her younger sister she wanted to have her child legitimated.

It seems that reality set in later that once a cheater always a cheater. And the marriage while good for Alexandra, was bad for both of them.
Old 09-07-2020, 07:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Caroline was on the rebound from an intense relationship with Vincent Lindon that had almost ended in marriage. Ernest( along with his wife) had consoled Caroline through the death of Stefano Casiraghi. She probably saw him as someone familiar and sympathetic. The fact of his title and immense wealth was an added PLUS..he was almost perfect on paper.

Except he already had a wife. But by all accounts Caroline fell crazy in love with him. It is what it is, as the saying goes.

I have no idea if E-A's alcoholism and mental health issues had come to light before Caroline's involvement with him, but I tend to believe they had not.

I just can't see an intelligent woman who is also a caring mother wilfully bringing that mess into her children's lives.

Old 09-07-2020, 08:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

If there weren't already signs of it when they married, the honeymoon period didn't last long. Less then a year and a half after marrying he was caught urinating on the Turkish pavilion. It wasn't the first time. Only months after their wedding he was caught urinating outside a hospital in Austria.

He went to rehab after the Turkish event. So if the two peeing events were stand alone I highly doubt they would have sent him for help.