Princess Caroline and husbands part II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Caroline and Grace could "pass" as sisters..I think that actually on Nina's post #28 is Grace LeVine on far right.

Thanx for pics, girls!;)

I never liked Philippe Junot much, but Stefano was a wonderful man. And he was soooo handsome! :D :p When she is with him in the photos, you may notice how happy Caroline is. How sad that he died so youn and this way...:(

Vanesa.

Ianna said:
Caroline and Grace could "pass" as sisters..I think that actually on Nina's post #28 is Grace LeVine on far right.

I think that you are correct. It certainly looks like Grace LeVine. The more I look at the last picture the more I wonder: is it PC or Grace LeVine.

Ever wonder how PC would have been different if she had stayed with Junot or if Stephano had lived? She has become quite the ambassador, more publicly so since she has been with Ernst I do believe. I know that it was always her ambition to represent children, but surely we can only conclude that Ernst supports and encourages her work. I wonder if the other two would have been as supportive. I just get the impression that Ernst does not mind letting her have center stage. Any thoughts?

I think if she had stayed with Junot she would have been less present because he didn't like to walk three steps behind her (of course also Caro was different back then, the death of Grace really changed her).
With Stefano and Ernst I don't really agree because she was much more present in Monaco as the first Lady when Stefano was alive: first of all they lived there, while now she lives in Paris.
But I don't think this is Ernst's "fault": when Stefano was alive their family was in the spotlight a lot (you can that by the number of interviews, photoshops and events they were in) and when her husband died, she probably couldn't take that constant attention anymore. So she moved to ST Remy to hide, and even now, she has a reduced public role compared to the 80s. That's why her charity works has so much attention in my opinion. Anyway I'm sure Ernst supports her a lot...

julianneneville said:
Ever wonder how PC would have been different if she had stayed with Junot or if Stephano had lived?

• I do not think that her marriage with Junot would have last. It was an immature marriage, from both sides. Once she gave an interview and she said that SHE wed, just by controversy to her mother (Late princess Grace told her "If he is good enough for you as you think... you marry him, otherwise leave him), and HE stepped into this wedding, like one goes into another party, just for the fun...
  • EA I think that he supports her a lot, he is always with her, in all her duties, and this is very important...

Posted by: fandesacs2003
  • EA I think that he supports her a lot, he is always with her, in all her duties, and this is very important...
I agree with you, I really love how EA is always with her, at functions and so on, it looks as if he really supports her and her work.... one of the reasons he's my favorite!

I believe that if Stefano had lived Princess Caroline would be more open, from what I have read she has become a lot more closed up and tougher/harder than how she used to be when Stefano was alive. But then again, no one ever really knows what could have been, unfortunately :(.

Ani

Last edited:
Great pics of Princess Caroline!

Thank you for the lovely pics of Princess Caroline, along with Philippe Junot too, Nina 8675 and Flowerpower :)

Robertino Rossellini...

I have heard that Ingrid bergman son and Caro have been dated years ago...
Could I have more infos on this ?
Could someone post some pics of them together?
Many thanks

alicia753 said:
I have heard that Ingrid bergman son and Caro have been dated years ago...
Could I have more infos on this ?
Could someone post some pics of them together?
Many thanks

Yes, they have been dating, after Caroline's divorse with Philippe Junot, then she shortly dated Guillermo Vilas, and they'been datin also for a while since she lost he mother, on end 1982.
Finally it was Roberto Rosselini Jr who introduced Stefano to Caroline, and we all know the end of the story....
I'll post you the link for some photos

Pss Caro dancing with future husband P.Junot at a party that to place before their weeding in 1978

(original picture on sale on the net)

15fkcy9.jpg

flowerpower said:
Pss Caro dancing with future husband P.Junot at a party that to place before their weeding in 1978

That pic was taken at the party organized by Lynn Wyatt at Maxim's in May 1978.

Some pics of her and Junot - Laif

814598262od.jpg
814598270cz.jpg
810613231fp.jpg
810613243pg.jpg
810590053vm.jpg

Some of her and Stefano - Laif

809607798ze.jpg
810591480su.jpg
810591372wd.jpg
810591369kw.jpg
810591310ap.jpg
800572528lg.jpg
805964861xq.jpg

Caroline with Philppe in summer 1977, a short while before being photographed while making out on a boat (OGGI)

Caroline and Robertino in Paris. 1981
(paris match)
Nina8675 thanks for sharing your always interesting pics:flowers:

Princess Caroline of the Monaco and her husband Stefano Casiraghiattending a Ball at Vienna Opera 1990
(APA)

WienerOpernball1990n41159669687.jpg
WienerOpernball1990n31159669781.jpg
WienerOpernball1990n11159669834.jpg

WienerOpernball19901159669896.jpg
WienerOpernball1990n21159669940.jpg

A different version of the Caroline & Stefano official engagement picture, they look so in love… :heart: :heart: :heart:
(all photo)

Z65133622mod1159670927.jpg

It really bothers me that all the magzines retracing Caroline's life so far emphasize how Stefano was her "one true love". Prince Ernst may be very thickskinned but I know it would bother me, as the current spouse, to read (if they read it) over and over again that she loved someone more than me. If I were he, I would think :"What am I, chopped liver ?" I also think it is unkind toward little Princess Alexandra, who probably would very much want to believe that her mother loves her father at least as much as she loved her siblings' father. Also, although he didn't know when he was going to die, I don't find it very honorable to leave a ton of debts that your young widow has to repay by selling the family jewelry. Somehow I feel that Ernst, with all of his "goofiness" would take care that this should never happen. Also, and I may be wrong there, because I haven't seen every single picture of Stefano and Caroline together, but from what I have seen, nobody, but nobody looks at Caroline the way Ernst looks at her. It is obvious he absolutely adores her. He is of course very lucky to have married her, but so is Caroline, to have found such a smitten man, who remains that way after 8 years. A belated Happy Anniversary, Ernst and Caroline ! I also think he has added another dimension to our Princess; she looks softer, more mature, with more "gravitas", as if she had taken her role as caretaker of the whole family (and spokesperson for the world's children) more seriously. I think Ernst has opened new windows in her soul, which might not have come out without his picturesque personality.

My exact thoughts iloveroyals! People are always saying how Stefano was definitely the love of Caroline's life, and in some pics it can seem that way, but she is almost always laughing or smiling in pics with Ernst. I love him, he is such a colorful character! I'd say one of the most interesting royals! Also, no one can deny the fact that he's a great father to Alexandra and although I've never seen a picture of him showing direct affection to the Trio, I believe the love is there.

Caroline and Ernst, Happy Anniversary! I wish you many more...

Ani

I read a story about Stefano Casiraghi, short before he met Caroline, he had some kind of story with a woman that was lover to an very rich arab, and had some troubles with that...

As Ernst knew both Caroline and Stefano, and was their friend when they were married, I think he doesn't pay much attention to what the press says. BTW, the fact that Caroline moved on doesn't necesseraly menas she didn't love Stefano, and in my opinion we love different people in different ways, also because losing a husband at 33 with 3 little kids definitely changes you dramatically.

I guess Stefano's mortal sin was to be Italian. The foreign press really let loose when he died, they even accused him to be involved with the mafia, which is simply ridiculous, as the mafia don't enter into "business" with Northern Italians, that they regard as foreigners and thus unreliable.

He might have be blackmailed, or used by them, but I think this very unlikely.
Stefano and Caroline were both good friends with two Southern Italian girls, whose father was allegedly be involved with the mob, but does this mean that Caroline was also a criminal? Let's be serious!

Stefano's company was actually involved in the huge bribe scandal that occurred in Italy in 1992, but he was dead by that time.

As for his ex mistress, well, as you said he had an affair with her before he met Caroline. However I never read about that relationship of his in the Italian press. They wrote about actress Dalila di Lazzaro, and ancorwoman Marina Perzy having been romantically involved with Stefano, but this was long before he met Caroline.

Back
Top Bottom